Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 buccaneer38
Msg: 201
view profile
History
Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?Page 9 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
I am hetrosexual, I would never marry any guy LOL ... Tracy (buccaneer38)
 sarahc83
Msg: 202
Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?
Posted: 11/1/2005 2:54:42 PM
I would absolutely. If it is true love, then it shouldnt matter whether he is in the military or not
 widdletezer
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 5:02:50 PM
All I can say is my BF was in the military for 10 years and he tells me about how the GI's spend all their money on whores.....but it depends on where they were deployed at. I know what they go through from HIS life experiences. I am like everyone else that using deployment as an excuse to screw around is not aceptable with either partner whether married or in a relationship. I do feel extremely bad for the good guys that do what they do and are faithful and come home to find their spouse has been cheating..... I agree it takes a certain kind of woman to be with a GI....and I know it is not for me.
 csusb_girlie
Msg: 204
Posted: 11/8/2005 9:21:58 PM

Posted: 10/8/2005 309 PM
hello all women, would u ever date a guy or even marry one who is in military.
Who may have to go away overseas for months at time possible for workthings?

what are your thoughts

i am currently dating a navy corpsman who will be deployed to Iraq for 14 months starting in February. He lives in Oceanside and I live in the High Desert of Southern Cali, so its about an hour and a half drive. I am totally in love with this guy and up until recently he wouldnt admit that he wants to be with me as much as I with him because he believes its unfair to ask me to wait for him for so long. He said that he has seen what long deployments have done to married couples and those in relationships and he doesnt want to put me through that agony. I told him that its my choice to wait and I believe he is worth the wait. There is nothing I would love more than to marry this person. I think that it takes a very understanding person to wait for someone who is deployed, male or female. But it depends on each person. I get so sick of hearing stories about how women cheated on their men. Its unreal to me how a person can cheat on someone deployed or get mad that they arent around. THEY ARE DOING A JOB, THEY HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO GO.

Unfortunately for me I will have twice the worry. My boyfriend is in the Navy and my brother is in the Marines and they are both at Camp Pendleton and will both be leaving at the same time.
 Becca23
Msg: 205
Posted: 11/8/2005 10:07:24 PM
I have dated military guys before and if the guy is decent, what does it matter if he's enlisted or not. Today, I would still date a military guy. If the right guy happened to be in the military, yes, I would marry him.
 Hestia
Msg: 206
Posted: 11/10/2005 5:21:15 AM
I would. Provided I knew I could trust him (but why have a relationship with anyone if you couldn't?).
It would be hard not seeing them for long periods of time, but friends and family would mean you wouldn't be lonely, your job would keep you busy. As to cheating, why? I've never understood it myself. I trust the person I choose to be with, whoever he is, whatever he does for a living, I wouldn't be with someone I didn't trust. Hopefully, anyone I have a relationship with feels they can trust me, and doesn't accuse me of things I haven't done.
 FormerSmurf
Msg: 207
Posted: 12/4/2005 2:21:21 PM
Why won't anyone date me then???

So unfair!

VooDew
Msg: 208
Posted: 12/4/2005 2:23:23 PM
absolutely would date, would not marry but that has nothing to do with the military aspect that's because i will never ever never ever ever ever never times infinity get married ever again

beckycarter
Msg: 209
Posted: 12/4/2005 2:26:23 PM
i would date u, daftsquaddie any time
 w95901
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2005 9:50:56 PM
yes i would it is just a way of life and if you love someone you well stay by theme at all times military life is good and if yiu love your guy you well be there fpr him
 Polly_G
Msg: 211
Posted: 12/4/2005 11:12:49 PM
Polly <----- navy brat

It would really have to depend on the person. I missed my father horribly growing up and he missed out on a lot of things with me. I was raised quite often through letters sent from the ship "Polly, you have to listen to your mother more, I know its hard sometimes but....". Maybe with technology now a days its different.

I love and respect my father a great deal but I would have to carefully think about getting involved in a situation like that, especially if we were planning on children just because of my own experience growing up.
 dakotacree1
Msg: 212
Posted: 12/14/2005 1:49:58 AM
I think what they are doing is admirable and it takes a really unselfish person to be in the military. I believe that if you truly love someone that doesnt change with distance it just gets stronger. A military man is making the ultimate sacrafice! why shouldn't we love them and respect that they deserve to have someone to come home to.
 thefuturemrs
Msg: 213
Posted: 1/13/2006 11:21:09 AM
I am marrying one!!!
 daylillies
Msg: 214
Posted: 1/13/2006 11:27:06 AM
koss78a(d745315)..it take a special patient woman to be able to handle that kind of life style.
 daylillies
Msg: 215
Posted: 1/13/2006 11:27:54 AM
daftsquaddie cause your to damn far away..lol
 bc_rivergirl
Msg: 216
Posted: 1/13/2006 11:29:29 AM
Yes I would and yes I would stay faithfull...
 FantasyFlavor
Msg: 217
Posted: 1/13/2006 11:35:26 AM
Of course I would.Why would you think us women wouldn't? I have the upmost respect for all our servicemen & women.They are the real heroes of this great nation.I would be proud & faithful.
 SUPERMODEL 1
Msg: 218
Posted: 1/13/2006 7:26:14 PM
I have the greatest repect for military men who protect their familyband their country. I am too much of a coward to do it. But I agree with General Patton who said : let the other poor **stard die for his country, not lest we forget.
 flwrbunni
Msg: 219
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:57:54 AM
OH most certianly! My dad is a retired Navy man, I loved the fact that he served his country. It takes a special type of person to do that. You go guy! Thank you for everything that you do for us here at home!!
 flwrbunni
Msg: 220
Posted: 4/5/2006 6:59:52 AM
not all military spouse have issues with being faithful, my mom never had a problem with it.
 Andromeda66
Msg: 221
Posted: 4/5/2006 1:20:57 PM
HELL YES I WOULD! MOST OF THEM ARE SO SEXY IN THEIR UNIFORMS AND ALL, AND BESIDES, I HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR OUR TROOPS BEING OVERSEAS FIGHTING FOR OUR COUNTRY..

Andromeda66
 Ooli
Msg: 222
Posted: 4/5/2006 1:30:25 PM
No I wouldn't. I have profound respect for those in the military, but realize that I could not deal with the time apart that the military demands. I am looking for a companion and ultimately a husband, who I can fall asleep with every night, and wake up with every morning.
 missy4
Msg: 223
Posted: 4/22/2006 4:33:14 PM
yes and yes. I was an army wife for six years, and have the upmost respect for military men!!
 fraserdw
Msg: 224
Posted: 5/31/2006 4:23:14 PM
Right then!!! Who wants first crack at me (wringing his hands in anticipation)....LOL
 Huggie_Bear
Msg: 225
Posted: 5/31/2006 5:05:07 PM
I was in the army, and this is what happened to me:

The girl I was seeing we known each other for about a year or so, and we were together most of the, or so I thought. We got married right before we got orders to get deployed to Qatar...this was during the first wave of Operation Iraqi Freedom, and I was in a back-up unit, ready to go into Iraq at a moments notice.

While I was over there, I tied to call my wife as much a possible, and when I did get the chance to talk to her she was very unresponsive to me and that bugged me alot. I could have died tomorrow, but she seemed not to care. On top of that, my checks started bouncing and I knew I had well over $5000 in my account. so that told me, she was taking the money and spending it on random things....she waited until the day we go married to rob me blind. and thats exactly what she did.

My friends tried to warn me of what she was doing but she wouldnt give them my mailing address or let me talk to them when I called. I found out all about it after I made it back stateside and she sent me a letter asking why I closed my account, along with her moving out of the apartment we stayed in, and placing all my stuff in storage. To top it off, she got pregnant with another guys child. Needless to say, it was an uncontested divorce and I'm still licking my wounds on that one.

So yeah, marriage is okay, dont let my bad experience ruin it fo anyone. Just be sure that theyre the right person for you.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?