Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > need advise on pain during workout      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ital Fem 37
Msg: 25
thank u all for your advisePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
hey Shadowknight 59

Thank you also for your advice.

One of my trainers is REALLY STRICT...I mean he doesn't like me even sitting down when I"m in between sets for my routine...well that's not really TRUE.

But ..I can handle him....I just show him my "italian side"..hahah

On a serious note..the fact is I"m never really doing extrenious weights...I think my body is just feeling the pain and trying to get used to this. I hate pain in my elbow..it just DRIVES me nuts...

oh well....another day ...I guess
 il mostro
Msg: 26
thank u all for your advise
Posted: 11/8/2005 8:14:52 AM
Sounds like you're simply suffering some connective tissue inflamation and/or impingments. It's absolutely normal and happens to most people who work out hard for any length of time. Even with perfect form and working within your capacity, weight training by nature imposes forces on the body which will cause various traumas. There's really no way around it, it's a matter of having to deal with a few negative consequences of working out to get more of the positive. Having said that, get it taken care of. My suggestion is a chiropractor who's good at active release treatment. Your dr. won't likely be of any use to you and while phsyio is helpful, it often takes many treatments to get any relief. A good active release practitioner can usually get you some immediate relief in the first treatment and often solve the problem in a few more.
I notice you're in the Toronto area. Dr. Ken Kinakin is a world famous active release practitinoer and chiropractor. He's located out in Mississauga. I see him as well as another chiropractor closer to me for regular tune-ups. It's absolutely worth the time and money.
 Ital Fem 37
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/9/2005 5:56:18 PM
hey "Il Mostro"

thanks for your feedback...much appreciated.

I totally agree about my MD being no good to me.
I am unfamiliar with this "active release treatment" you are referring to, but I will take the time to do some research.

I do see a chiropractor in Toronto who has saved my CHRONIC TMJ/TMD syndrome ..he has been a total lifesaver to me and is one of the few in ontario who does FAcial Therapy....
Perhaps my chiropractor will know of this technique.

ONe question for you though?

Should I see this Dr. Kinakin if my pain has sorta subsided?.
I am learning to read my body while I begin to intensify this new "training- journey" i am on.

What does this treatment entail?
 il mostro
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/9/2005 6:11:20 PM
I'm not sure of the exact defenition of active realease, but it's basically deep tissue manipulation that breaks down scar tissue, adhesions and can improve or fix issues of impingments. Depending on what part of the body it's done, it can be painful, but not always. There should be quite a bit of info. on the internet regarding ART.
It's a tough call as to wheather you should seek treatment if the pain has subsided. If you feel it was just muscle ache from your workouts, you might be ok to hold off, but if you feel it was joint or connective tissue pain, it will likely return. I go for tune-ups even when I'm not feeling pain, although that's rare.
Check with your own chiropractor, he may already practice ART. You should also be able to find a list of ceritfied practicioners in Toronto online.
Hope this is of some help.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > need advise on pain during workout