Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What did you learn??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 misty767
Msg: 26
What did you learn??Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Thanks for the replies...and for some sticking up for me...lol for YAM I completely understand his point too...I didn't realize it had been done to death..

Tarheelman...sorry you feel like that the nature of the post was not to trivialize relationships...I think that looking at what you learned opposed to how crappy they were is a better way of looking at it...and as somebody mentioned hopefully they learned something from us...I hope that the next relationship I learn that sometimes they do last forever...

Certainly didn't mean to p!ss anyone off :)

Misty xoxoxox
 squirrly
Msg: 27
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 5:46:31 PM
I didn't write the following but I can certainly say that I can relate to this and often read it:

Comes the Dawn (Veronica A. Shoffstall)

After a while you learn the subtle difference,
Between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning.
And company doesn't mean security
And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
And presents aren't promises
And you begin to accept defeats
with your head up and your eyes open
with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child,
And you learn to build all your roads on today
Because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans
And futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight

After a while you learn
That even sunshine burns if you get too much
So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul
Instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers
And you learn that you really can endure
That you really are strong
And you really do have worth.
And you learn and learn...
with every goodbye, you learn.
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 28
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 5:52:54 PM
I've learned that (in my situation so don't get mad men) even though he can walk away and have a life with a new wife and new child...I still have to be a mom and worry about my child.

I've learned that no matter what she comes first!

I've learned that if "he" fights with your kid over board games...he's a nut job!

I've learned that being single is fine as long as my daughter grows up to know what a healthy relationship is and doesn't have to see men filter in and out of my life!

Great thread!
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 29
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 5:53:42 PM
To ekkobeach,,,WHATEVER..........Do i know you?Have you known me all your life?You worry about mr.Ekkobeach and i will worry about Tarheel.I have no more to say to you.Everything you say about me will be ignored.
 johnglc
Msg: 30
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 6:33:59 PM
ive learned that in life there are NO problems...ONLY solutions!!!!if i have a problem and don't try to work on it then the problem persists.if i try to work a solution to my problem the prolem usually disappears because i have been working THE SOLUTION!!!!!!!
 carzie59
Msg: 31
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 6:43:01 PM
^^^^^^^^ what ekkobeach said!!
I've learned that THM has nothing but the same ol' thing to say over and over and over!
 fl_cntry_boy
Msg: 32
view profile
History
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 6:43:18 PM
I've learned that you have to be happy with yourself and who you are before anyone else can.
To be true to yourself and not try to change just to make someone else happy
I've learned that the one I'm seeking must truly be the rarest of lilly's and if found handled gently and cherished.
 carzie59
Msg: 33
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 6:45:26 PM

Everything you say about me will be ignored.

Dang!! Ekkobeach!! how'd ya manage that?
What's YOUR secret?? lucky bu*ger......
 riffy
Msg: 34
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 6:50:44 PM
C'mon Yam, you aren't the forum a$$hole... Walls is the forum a$$hole. You are the resident pessimist. You're both funny as though.
 carzie59
Msg: 35
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 6:54:20 PM
I have learned to love myself, including my faults, because if I don't - nobody else will be able to!
 ekkobeach
Msg: 36
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 7:00:55 PM
In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me
everything that comes out of me is authentically mine, because I alone choose it.
I own everything about me; my body, my feelings, my mouth, my voice, all my actions,
whether they be to others or to myself.
I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears.
I own all my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes.
Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me and
by so doing I can love me and be friendly with me in all my parts.
I know there are aspects about myself that puzzle me,
and other aspects that I do not know,
but as long as I am friendly and loving to myself,
I can courageously and hopefully look for solutions to the puzzles and for ways to find out more about me.
However I look and sound, whatever I say and do
and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me.
If later some parts of how I looked, sounded, thought and felt turned out to be unfitting
I can discard that which I feel is unfitting, keep the rest, and invent something new for that which I discarded.
I can see, hear, feel, think, say, and do.
I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive,
and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside of me.
I own me, and therefore I can engineer me.
I am me and I am okay.
 Talitha001
Msg: 37
view profile
History
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 7:01:50 PM
I`ve learned to `plant my own garden and decorate my own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring me flowers`...I`ve learned that everything good and bad about life starts and ends with me...If I don`t like my life...I`m the only one who can change it...I`ve learned to bring myself a total person to a relationhip...Once I love myself, I can love others easily...I`ve learned that we pass this way but once.....and I live each and every day to it`s fullest...Like Tim McGraw sang....`Live like you were dying`......
 acesolak
Msg: 38
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 7:19:29 PM
at 18-22 I was extremely immature(college years). I guess I have learned to become much more mature past 4 years. At least I caught up to people of my age if not exceeded.

Compared to you guys, I don't know jack sh*t. As you can tell :-)
But I can fake it real good, no? lol

I think failures, major mistakes and mess ups are great material for making comedy. Closer to the truth and as ridicilious they are, that much they can be funny. Adds to one's character.

-Solak
 Dog Mommy
Msg: 39
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 7:33:43 PM
Ive learned this is one of the best threads on here
I've learned a lot about life from my dogs
I've learned how to forgive,
I've learned to trust my gut.
I've learned how to run a 5k under 22
 sweetness-one
Msg: 40
view profile
History
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 9:41:18 PM
I've learned never to second-guess myself or my self-worth where relationships are concerned. I've also learned to pick up on red flags earlier on in relationships now, and also to take pay attention to them. I've learned that a partner doesn't define who you are, and you should never lose perspective of who you are while in a relationship. And, I've learned that I do have a lot to offer a partner, and I won't change who I am if they can't accept me for me. Lol, only took me 33 years to get to this point, but hey, at least I've finally arrived there now!
 missy_pq
Msg: 41
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 11:02:39 PM
I've learned that everyone has a right to their feelings, whether I understand them or not. To that person, they are valid.

I've learned to do what I know to be the "right thing" so I can look at myself in the mirror every day.

I've learned that life sometimes gives us second chances and we're wise not to waste them.

I've learned to keep my mouth shut and my eyes and ears open when I'm having doubts about someone.

I've learned that giving with "no strings" is much more rewarding and less disappointing.

I've learned that TIME will answer all our questions about others. There is no substitute for it.
No one can fool us indefinitely unless we want them to.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 42
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/18/2005 11:16:46 PM
From a cosmic viewpoint whatever I have learnt is insignificant..
 Hockeygirl777
Msg: 43
view profile
History
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/19/2005 1:38:32 AM
My reply:

I've learned that no matter how good a friend is they are going to hurt you, and you have to forgive them.

I've learned that you can do something in a moment, and you will regret it for the rest of your life.

I've learned that I know who I want to be, it's just taking some time to get there.

I've learned that no matter how much it hurts, you can keep going

I've learned that there is alwasy passion in the beginning but it will fade and you need something to take it's place

I've learned that being angry doesn't give you the right to be cruel.

I've learned that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they didn't love you with all they had,

I've learned that you shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret, it could change your life forever.

I've learned that when you think you have not more to give, if that someone cries out to you you'll find it in you to help.

I've learned that it's often the person you don't notice, that is the one who would love you unconditionally

I've learned that when you believe that being alone is the most unhappy time of your life, that more often than not it's the happiest times of your life.

I've learned that the best memories that you will have are the ones of those who have passed on.

I've learned that no one has the right to control you, and that your friends and family are often right in what they say.

I've learned that loving doesn't mean leaning, and company doesn't mean security.

I've learned that sex is something to be charished

I've that love is something that you can't search for, it's something that shows it's head at unexpected times.

I've learned more than anything, love yourself first, because if you don't love yourself, no one will be able to love you.

Hockeygirl777
Msg: 44
view profile
History
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/19/2005 1:39:13 AM
I have this posted in my home and in my office, it is very nice and many people relate to it thanks for posting it!!!!
 ~*BlackKitty~*
Msg: 45
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/19/2005 1:44:49 AM
Let's see,I am 18 and I was hurt younger..you know early teenage years,puppy love..so it isn't just those 18+ who can get hurt.I think every person relationship wise who comes into a person's life,mine or whomever it may be..is a lesson..it could be a lesson in be more careful about the partner you choose or do not take this person for granted cause they could be the one.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 46
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/19/2005 12:43:41 PM
i have learned how my past has effected my future.I have learned how cold hearted people can be.I have learned to look after youself.If you do not.Nobody else will.
 Shake Me
Msg: 47
What did you learn??
Posted: 11/3/2005 2:19:47 PM
I learned...

That Alone is a great place. I visit there often.

That children break hearts too. Be extra carefull when dating someone with a child.

That fishing is a sport. *grabs rod and reel* heads out the door*
 xpxpk
Msg: 48
What did you learn??
Posted: 11/3/2005 5:33:44 PM
Misty, you have some more to learn.

No doubt this is your first post. It shows.

This is POF. This is no place to be presenting "concepts" like "What I have learned". I mean, go back and read what you have written. Give your head a shake. It almost sounds like you have reached a level of acceptance, tolerance and self respect that is unreal. This has no place on POF. If you can't use any of the following words in a thread, don't bother:

Narcissist
Psychopath
Player
User
Jerk
***hole
Dickwad

There are many more but I think you get the idea. POF forums are for the exclusive use of those wishing to put somebody's head in a vice and revel in the screams of anguish.

Shame on you Misty. Your's is a positive, insightful and intelligent thread. This is likely some sort of horrible temporary phase you are going through. Read a few more forums and you will get over it.
 sam909
Msg: 49
What did you learn??
Posted: 11/3/2005 5:46:59 PM
What a blessing and a relief to read your American / Canadian threads. I am / was a regular on the u.k.forums. Gave up !

You guys are so much more evolved, humourous, the ladies real more human.

And the brits refer to 'dumb ass yanks ??? '

Where do i get a .....'Green Card' .....is it ?
 Wikster
Msg: 50
What did you learn??
Posted: 11/3/2005 5:48:38 PM
I learned that no matter where you go, there you are.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What did you learn??