Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What did you learn??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fractalwater
Msg: 51
What did you learn??Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I've learned that people will say they are lonely and not do anything about it.
 Enchantability
Msg: 52
What did you learn??
Posted: 11/3/2005 7:04:52 PM
Hmmmmm, I've learned that the nunnery, becoming a reclusive cat lady or switching teams may be a perfectly acceptable alternative to men.
 sam909
Msg: 53
What did you learn??
Posted: 11/3/2005 7:49:32 PM
Sad !......................................................................................................................
 Andreeva
Msg: 54
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/13/2007 3:36:34 PM
All right this old thread I think needs new attention.

I have learned that just being in love is not enough for lasting relationship, there needs to be friendship and intellectual connection. And so called chemistry is definitely not guarantee either.
I have learned that The One is hard to find and I do not need to settle just not to be alone.
I have learned to love my self.

What did you learn?
 regalrose
Msg: 55
view profile
History
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/15/2007 10:28:22 PM
Ok, since Misty implied this was about lessons learned due to OTHERS who passed through your life....here goes, but I can't guarantee some won't get ticked off when reading it, but it is the truth...

Age 9: love and forgiveness are sometimes conditional
Age 11: never trust anyone completely, because even relatives don't always know what boundaries are and that they aren't to cross them
Age 12: losing a friend is as great a loss as losing a family member
Age 13: guys should learn that gals take what he says as what he means
Age 15: that you can hurt someone irrevocably without ever intending to
Age 16: that just because you're engaged to someone, doesn't mean you can trust them.
Age 19: that you can lose everything you've worked your whole life for in the blink of an eye
Age 20: that it's never too late to change your life IF you believe in yourself
Age 21: that I should have revisited the lesson I learned at 16 because this one almost cost me my life
Age 21: that your best friend may be someone you never knew was your best friend
Age 21: that you can be robbed of something so sacred to you, you can lose your sense of worth
Age 23: that there is a universal plan, and you are a part of it, even if you try your damnedest to take yourself out of it
Age 25: sometimes it's better not to ask yourself, what if...
Age 29: that sometimes it's better to admit defeat and leave a bad situation, than stay and withstand misery
Age 30: that you won't die because someone walks out of your life and that being a mom is the greatest gift given to women
Age 31: that no matter how "good" you are, some will still try to make you look "bad"
Age 32: Never do anything out of a sense of duty or desperation...if your heart isn't in it, leave it alone
Age 33: bad things sometimes happen to good people that change them forever
Age 34: that you don't always get what you expect, but what you do get can be the biggest blessing you've ever had
Age 35: that even when you give your all, it sometimes just isn't good enough
Age 36: to truly truly truly love unconditionally
Age 37: that no matter how educated a person is, sometimes they are just plain ignorant
Age 38: to listen to your "gut"...it's the one thing that will NEVER lie to you
Age 39: if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, it's duckin' out on ya!
Age 40: that even when you don't see it, prayers are heard and answered
Age 41: that fears are the most defeating things a person can experience, but that they can be overcome.
Age 41: to never ever ever lose myself again because of another person
Age 42: that no matter how bad your "today's" look, they didn't stay that bad "yesterday" so chances are they will be better "tomorrow"
Age 43: no matter who you let into your heart, they WILL let you down at some point because they are only human too
Age 43: that living life without taking an occasional chance isn't really living
Age 44: to watch, listen, and learn...everyday has some jewel of wisdom in it.
Age 44: that innocent things of childhood can alter your life forever
Age 44: that some of the people who have touched my life most, were not those who stood out most when they were doing so
Age 44: that it is truly ok to be myself no matter what

Guess I learned alot over the years huh?
 LeoRejean
Msg: 56
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/16/2007 1:16:43 AM
ive learned that in life you can receive a thousand congratulations for things you have done, but in your own mind u know it wasnt perfect and its best to improve to things you couldve done better even if it means being hard on yourself, to better yourself.

ive learned that its only human to not accept differientiality, but ive taught myself to accept everyone for being different.

ive learned that when people laugh at you, no matter what for, if your not laughing with them, it means nothing, so why let it bother yourself.

ive learned that taking the hard roads is by far the best way to appreciate all walks of life.
 gumdrop24
Msg: 57
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/16/2007 2:53:38 AM

WTF what a damper on the whole subject................I am going to think about every thing that you guys wrote and cry
 angel_ladyd
Msg: 58
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/16/2007 4:02:19 AM
Even as a child, I learned to be respectful, even if it felt I was not being respected. And I learned that kissing my young 'sweetie' backstage during a performance was heaven!
22, found the piece of the pie that I knew existed and contained all others and beyond......found the world of true 'spirituality' and raising consciousness/awareness.
23, with spirit came love and followed my heart abroad - went for the fairytale to see where it took me.
24, learned motherhood is the biggest training of one's life and help does not always come in the form you might wish for, but to welcome it.
26, learned children come along when they are meant to, no matter what, and they are always a blessing...they are the angels and miracles of life.
32, learned all those years up till then that the illusion of not feeling loved will result in looking for love outside of yourself...and your choices always have consequences - that blaming others or taking the blame for others is not being honest with your self, that being a single parent will break all illusions and make you take a serious look at your life and who you really are, or thought you were.
35, I became qualified and started to realize I was a healer.
36, I learned that children will come along when they are meant to, and even having a 'love child' will not necessarily mean you will live with the lover that created that child.
36, I learned that some people actually do love unconditionally....or think they do.
41, I learned to start to really follow my instincts and intuition and to realize that when things don't work out as one thinks they will, it is because another path is the right way.
42, I learned that when you leave part of yourself behind, when you return, there it will be waiting for you, needing to be reunited and healed and in doing so, you will become whole.
49, Ahhh, the present. I am learning that the sum of all I have learned in my life is a treasure, as it is for everybody. That what you seek is all within - love and happiness is what are....
that we are not just living our lives, but we are life itself - pure energy, pure love, pure spirit, pure consciousness.
I have learned that everything and everyone who has touched my life, past present, and I'm sure future, are gifts. Each one, and the ones I most needed to forgive taught me the most.....including my self.
I am realizing what I have always known - part of a huge web of life that expands far beyond the scope of my imagination...
I am finally really 'getting' what I was taught at 22 - We are One....with each other, with ourselves, with everything and with that divine aspect that contains, creates and holds everything in its light
I've learned this is paradise, even if it looks and feels like hell sometimes for all labels are illusions - and I've learned we are all teachers and students for each other.
And right now I'm learning to step into eternity with another here who also has reached a level of awareness and it all feels brand new, but also something and someone I've always known.
I'm learning finally to trust the magic.
 Storm68K
Msg: 59
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/16/2007 4:11:56 AM
Well, all things considered, you could nit pick the lessons learned and the lessons to be learned to death, but it all boils down to this...

Work like you don't need the money,
Dance like no one is watching,
Love like you've never been hurt
 The Little Brooker
Msg: 60
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/16/2007 5:08:23 AM
Mine isn't funny.
I've learned to heed the red flags. G*d, I hope I have!
When someone tells you who they are, believe them!
 Tregana
Msg: 61
view profile
History
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/16/2007 7:01:58 AM
Lets see..
I've learned the best love you can get is from yourself. And once you have learned that you can share it with others.
What you put out is what you get back, so the best thing is to know yourself.
You can group all past relationships in the shitcan and wallow in it, or you can look at them and decide what was good and or bad and decide what to keep.
We all come together to learn, sometimes as teacher, sometimes as student. And you learn from EVERYONE that you cross in life. Whether you realize it or not.
Humor can help in all situations.
Listening to your intuition is a good thing, in and out of relationships.
It's ok if all your likes and dislikes aren't identical to the other persons.
The other person in your life doesn't have to believe every thing that you do.
You can't make choices for others, they have to decide for themselves what is right for them.
You can't change someone to fit your ideal mold.
There is no ideal mold.
To accept people as they are no more, no less.
Life should be fun, and you should be happy. And the only one who can determine that in a relationship is you.
And if your warning bells tell you RUN don't walk to the nearest exit, do it!!

How to Have Fun Even When You're Not Having Fun: Next time you're not having fun -- and not having fun not having fun -- remind yourself that life is a comedy of situations and you're just having an episode.
- Swami Beyondananda
 scorpio85
Msg: 62
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/16/2007 7:24:33 AM
You attract the people in your life... even if you met them on Myspace... they came in your life for a reason. Of course all families are disfunctional... karma needs to be repaired.

What have I learned?

*I learned that you can't run away or escape your problems. They'll follow you wherever you go.

* You view someone the way you want to... you see what you want to see.

*Your past repeats itself for a reason... and it's because the lesson was not learned.

*You can't love someone else fully until you learn to love yourself.

*Changing who you are for somebody else will ALWAYS make you feel badly and cause pain in the end.

*You can't seek self validation in others. No matter how hard you look for it or how many times you're told something... you wont see it until you believe it.

*Men aren't supposed to be abusive, cruel and in control. Making love should be a positive thing for everyone.

*Once a relationship is over and you truly want to move on in life... you should break off all contact with that person and literally THROW AWAY your past with that person. There's a reason why it ended.

*You can form and keep relationships going even after the romantic relationship that brought those people into your life is over.

*If you think something is going on behind your back... it is. Trust your intuition every time.

*Overall, it's better to be single and grow than be with someone and remain stagnant in life.

*Stop blaming the person that hurt you and look to yourself for why you put yourself in that situation in the first place.

*Forgive those who have hurt you (including yourself)... figure out what lesson was learned... what positive qualities you picked up from that person, thank them (in your head or directly to the person) smile and move on.

*Expect the best. Think positively. Stand up for yourself... take care of your needs first (health and wellbeing.)

*DON'T have children or get a pet together unless you KNOW it's forever and you have no doubt in your mind about it. If there's doubt, someone will consciously or subconsciously sabotage the relationship.

*Love is not shown through gifts.

*Be yourself always. Compromise is fine but changing your values is not. If it feels wrong, it is.
 The Little Brooker
Msg: 63
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/16/2007 10:14:24 AM
Scorpio (msg 66)
I saved this piece of wisdom you wrote. Did it come from you or another source?
Brooker
 scorpio85
Msg: 64
What did you learn??
Posted: 10/16/2007 11:19:18 AM
I'm glad :)

It came from me... and it's all true... learned by personal experience.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What did you learn??