Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > What are the truly free sites?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jaytea
Msg: 26
What are the truly free sites?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
A good idea that won't cost anyone anything is to post a card re POF on local bulletin boards; the ones that are outside or inside grocery stores and stuff.
 Devo
Msg: 27
What are the truly free sites?
Posted: 12/18/2004 8:45:32 PM
New to this, I made my way through Lavalife then over to Date.ca. I can't believe it. It's like the equivalent of a dollar to talk to somebody.

I never knew that getting to know new people could be so expensive

Forget you, Lavalife
 Pershing
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/19/2004 8:22:34 PM
I dont know if anybody mentioned okcupid, reciprocal dating, webdate (can email people for free), myspace, friendster.
 ela68
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2004 11:36:15 PM
book of matches, seems to be ok also. good luck
 Beatlesfan_517
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/21/2004 12:07:52 PM
Does anyone know why my post was deleted in another thread?

I just wanted to know if singles(iguessi'mnotsupposedtosaymystate) was a legitimate site?

Because it's message board always has zero posts and no one is online.
 casperlcaf
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/21/2004 3:46:37 PM
okcupid is good if your just looking for online buds, but then again the word cupid must mean friends these days.
Ive visited bookofmatchs and OMG what a joke. No offence to people but it seems thats where the mindless wonders of the world gather. Ive read some of those shout outs, its nice to see slower people can live on thier own. Ive read some of those girls profiles to seems they go there so the world can build up thier self esteem. If their that shallow and think thier the worlds god or godness I think mom and dad need to sit them down and let them know the world doesnt revovle around them.
That site is really entertaining but not great for normal down to earth people.
 funlovingbear00
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/22/2004 1:29:39 PM
i like plenty of fish so far, other then the lack of responses...but apperently now they have IM? that's pretty cool, but i don't see how you can IM someone that isn't on the Last 10 to check their mail list.

Another pretty good site is Findsomeone.ca (for those canadians, New Zealanders or Aussies) i think there might be an American version at findsomeone.com

Tooldz
Ira
 TolsmaLMC
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2004 7:40:52 PM
Thanks everyone for letting us all know about the other sites. Even if those sites aren't as good as PlentyofFish, I wanna try them just in case. I'm from Niles, Michigan near South Bend, Indiana on the Michigan/Indiana border and it's hard for me to find someone around my age in my area. I mean I found a great-looking girl who wanted to meet me like back in Sept. or Oct. but she stood me up. That sucked. I joined PlentyofFish like in August I think, and I keep coming back like every few weeks to see if anyone new in my area has joined. Haven't seen anyone new since, and it's December now. I think I'll try spreading the word by posting a card outside a grociery store like one of you suggested. Maybe I'll even spend some money to put an ad in the paper. Does anyone think that putting up flyers in public places or using e-mail is a good way to spread the message about PlentyofFish and/or these other sites?
 markus
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2004 11:55:33 PM
The site has doubled in size since august, you should have lots of matches in your area.

You can IM people from your inbox, or lastonline in my state / last online in my city pages.
 zou26
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/23/2004 1:37:29 AM
www.reciprodate.com

is a very nice website and totally FREeeeeeeeeee

also

www.deux.fr

but it's a french site
I hope it's ok for who search free dating sites
 mann223
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/24/2004 5:51:57 AM
hi i m manish from india /rajasthan/jaipur i need a girl or a lady for dat i m 23 year old can u tell me a truly free dating site that's y i can find out a girl or lady for dat
 occupant272
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/24/2004 1:02:58 PM
So far, the only sites I have determined are free are:

Plentyoffish.com
Matchdoctor.com
Webdate.com

Webdate is ok, but I think they're putting too much emphasis on getting me to recruit new members in order to bring my profile to the top of searches. Matchdoctor is great, but I am happiest here. Here I can see how long it's been since someone's logged in, so I'm not sending email to people who haven't been on in months who are probably seeing someone anyway!

I'm also a member of several smaller dating sites for more local dating but none are worth mentioning.
 Whitewolf225
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/24/2004 4:30:20 PM
Stratfordsingle2,

I have had some luck on Lavalife, though I agree spending the credits there is a waste of time and money. Now I just wait for the promotional credits to come around and I use those instead.... at least until the end of my subscription.... which is due any day now.... I've met some wonderful ladies on there who are local to me.... though they won't amount to anything more then friendship.
 mysticdragon
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/24/2004 5:14:04 PM
I have tried all mentioned and still nothing!!!I am getting tired of them all.I am still alone!!!
 sassieboo
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/31/2004 6:46:06 AM
Matchdoctor.com cupidbay.com webdate.com adultmatchdoctor.com <<<
 nrvchris
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/31/2004 9:42:22 AM
I have tried all mentioned and still nothing!!!I am getting tired of them all.I am still alone!!!

my thoughts exactly....although POF is the ONLY site i have acculy gotten a reply....not that it lead anywhere......
nobody ever reads there email on matchdoctor....bookofmatches everybody hasn't visted in over a month....the rest of them i have to fill out all that stuff just to find out theres not a soul within 100 miles of me....eh i'm just venting....just got my one hundreth "read deleted" with no reponse today
 salamander000
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2004 1:05:32 PM
POF! This place just feels like home, and I have 'met' so many really nice people here that I feel like it's my second home. I couldn't live without these forums, get plenty of mail, and love the 'user friendly' format. It's the best place I've ever encountered, and BTW highly addictive, A daily ritual for me, and for alot of us, who have no/little social life. Gives me some sort of human interaction, because of everyone who contributes. Some of the profiles are so well written and entertaining. I run across someone new nearly every day. I get a good laugh, and learn something from everyone. Thanks.
 leynastarr
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/31/2004 1:43:31 PM
hey there are alot of websites that are almost free, and they let u do almost everything without paying anything.....facebattle,webdate,okcupid are some really good ones
 salamander000
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2004 2:15:20 PM
whats' so good about ok cupid? I have had but one reply in 2 months......
 LaughingTerry
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/31/2004 2:33:54 PM
You in a hurry? You have to realize you don't find love overnight. Takes a journey to find the right one.
 sweetchicka4u2004
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2004 3:07:44 PM
book of matches is a really good site, and matchdoctor. although I really do enjoy this site. Without all of my friends I wouldn't be the person I am today.
 RiotProvocateur
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/2/2005 6:21:01 PM
I always snickered when people mentioned online dating, but now I find myself hooked.. :S

Anyways, I started off on www.findsomeone.com

It's free, and has an acceptable number of people. Have fun..
 masaca
Msg: 48
Posted: 1/2/2005 10:37:04 PM
Totally free dating sites?

Book Of Matches, Cupidbay, Reciprodate, Matchdoctor, Lovercahsers(but watch out there guys-a lot of russian and african woman looking to get hitched,) Jumpdates, Seekingfun, Truflames, and Webdate

markus
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2005 11:19:28 PM
Most of those sites don't even have any traffic total waste of time if they aren't at least 10k
 tantric37
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2005 1:59:10 PM
well here in london uk the best sites i belong to with free forums outings poetry and many other fun topics are;

http://www.snoglondon.com the best for londoners england
http://www.loveandfriends.com for uk england

as i hold many topics there and run many outing events free for all.

and happy new year to all
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > What are the truly free sites?