Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > What are the truly free sites?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyhunter
Msg: 126
view profile
History
What are the truly free sites?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Spread the word Sami, word of mouth goes a long ways. There are abgreat bunch of people in here. hunter
 Hummingbird1948
Msg: 127
view profile
History
What are the truly free sites?
Posted: 2/17/2005 7:45:25 AM
Hi,I have been on several of the so called free sites.POF is an excellent site.When they say free they mean free.
 nydoctor
Msg: 128
Posted: 2/18/2005 5:01:10 PM
good one i'm not sure has been mentioned before:

www.hi5.com
 2Beaitchy4U
Msg: 129
Posted: 2/18/2005 8:44:39 PM
I'm a newbie here and probably don't have the best input. Freebie sites are often dissapointing, because they attract a poorer class of users (I'm not just talking about money; some of the people are downright worthless to pursue . Just my opinion.)
There's Matchdoctor and it's kinky sex site, AdultMatchDoctor, but both of them (even put together) has been a great disapointment. I wouldn't recommend either of them. Everyone on there is totally out to lunch. Maybe they meet someone and forget to take down their profiles,maybe they're social outcasts, or maybe just bored. Anyway, in my expereince with MatchDoctor, the nicest, most sincere person on there told me he was bi-polar (manic-depression, for those of you who've never heard of it). However good his intentions, he drops off my radar screen and I'm just about to close the door on him.
MatchDoctor, IMHO, exists mainly as an advertisement base. Jettison them if you want to actually meet someone face-to-face. I'm tired of them and am fixing to close out as soon as I can.
Best of luck
 2Beaitchy4U
Msg: 130
Posted: 2/18/2005 9:07:41 PM
Whoops, I have something else to add here if i may have the floor again.

Craigslist (Craigslist.org) won't cost you a cent; very reminiscent of personal ads in the classified section of newspapers, and you can say whatever you want. However, be prepared for a lot of wackos and men wanting only the obvious thing.

Used to post on craigslist for a diversion, but it's a total waste of time if you don't live within the specified city (i.e. Atlanta) as these player-types won't go to all that trouble for just a drink date-and if you're the marriage-minded type, forget it.

There's also Reciprodate.com, but their database is poor and very scattered. Few to no replies.
 sweetchicka4u2004
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2005 10:44:23 PM

looks although this site is getting the best because alot of people are getting together now and getting engaged :) expect me :(
 _Atlas_
Msg: 132
Posted: 2/19/2005 12:33:23 AM
I think someone mentioned it before but http://www.findsomeone.ca is one that is prettymuch free in canada you can send smiles or email and they have a pretty detailed profile too http://www.findsomeone.com gets you there too but I think it redirects you to whatever your local country is.. It seems to have people from all around the world

I think the Aussie/NZ version has some charges for various things but the canadian one is free.. or atleast free for mailing people, sending a smile, reading email etc... I think there is a small fee if you want to see more than the 1st picture the person put up and for some other rather useless feature that I would never use anyway..

The message you are replying to:
Posted By: occupant272 on 06-09-2004 06:43 PM
Subject: What are the truly free sites?
Message: So far, the only sites I have determined are free are:

Plentyoffish.com
Matchdoctor.com
Webdate.com

sweetchicka4u2004
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2005 12:44:30 AM
bookofmatches.com
myspace.com

is also free :)
 browndawg
Msg: 134
Posted: 2/19/2005 2:22:35 PM
i went on a couple of the sites that were mentioned...a couple good ones...but are there any FREE sex personals sites??? the guy on the previous page was talking about one...lemme know peeps adultmatchmaker is free, for 5 days anyways...but i sent a couple messages...
 Xtreme
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2005 3:19:35 PM
Go to Myspace.com people!! it's really good
 LEXI_IS_TROUBLE
Msg: 136
Posted: 2/21/2005 6:18:32 PM
i have been on matchdoctor for about 2 and a half years, i have met lots of ppl on there, its pretty cool. i have been on pof for about 18 months ( though not as much since chat closed down) but i have met more ppl on this site than on any others. the only one that is close is matchdoctor. i do have to say though, about 75 % of the ppl on my im are from plentyoffish. i have met some in person as well from here. and have plans to meet some of the others this spring and summer. this is a good site to get to know ppl. it was my first chat experience(i've been on matchdoctor longer, but just recently started getting to know ppl on there and i never really used the chat room until the past few months) and i have a ton of friends that i met in the room on here. all in all i would say that those are two of the best sites.
 elmwood
Msg: 137
Posted: 2/21/2005 6:56:37 PM
Craigslist looks busy if you're in a hip or high-tech city. If you're in a more mundane place, like Pittsburgh or Indianapolis, forget it; it's mostly spam for adult Web sites, or dull ads like "SWF 24 seeks SWM 23-30. Send pix. Must be at least 6' 2" tall."

Even when comparing metro areas with roughly the same population, the Craigslist in the city with more "buzz" will get about 10 to 20 times the traffic as in the Rust Belt or Midwestern 'burg.
 boldbounce
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2005 9:08:41 PM
yes, www.webdate.com is a truly free web site. nevertheless, many of the people on the site are married. I've caught a few in a lie or two. In any event this can happen on any site. Just ask the right questions and you will get the right answer. Magic bullet is I'll call you at your home number. Their response will be my cell phone number is my home number. Okay!! I'll call you at midnight. Try that one... .
 boldbounce
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2005 9:10:10 PM
yes, www.webdate.com is a truly free web site. nevertheless, many of the people on the site are married. I've caught a few in a lie or two. In any event this can happen on any site. Just ask the right questions and you will get the right answer. Magic bullet is I'll call you at your home number. Their response will be my cell phone number is my home number. Okay!! I'll call you at midnight. Try that one... .
 O-Dizzle
Msg: 140
This One :-)
Posted: 3/5/2005 7:34:18 AM
I think PLENTY OF FISH is one of the very few that offers totally free access, with absolutley NO "pay $xxx for enhanced access" or whatever else.

That, and OKcupid, but that seems to be a bit of a joke site.
 TinyAngels
Msg: 141
Posted: 3/6/2005 12:44:48 PM
i have used findsomeone - seems to have a good base :D
 chemaerus
Msg: 142
Posted: 3/6/2005 2:58:28 PM
www.face-pic.com is free and a fairly large site from what I have seen of it.
 genadiy
Msg: 143
Posted: 3/6/2005 9:14:33 PM
nexopia.com is quite good..... it has quite a few members of all types of ages.
 Sir James
Msg: 144
Posted: 3/7/2005 8:06:39 AM
For the people in Southern Ontario you might try 519Singles. Owned by a local guy out of St. Thomas.
 Forstmeister
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/7/2005 9:35:43 AM
Hey Ya'll,

I tried BOM (Bookofmatches) and was surprised that a woman who feels congruent contacted me and we have been communicating regularly for about 5 days. I signed up...5 days ago.

It's naturally just talking, but usually (on pay sites) the people were far too different than I.

BOM seems to have a lot of folks, is free, and easy to use, and POF has potential for certain.

Thanks to whomever mentioned it last week.

Forstmeister
 tnshadylady
Msg: 146
Posted: 3/10/2005 1:34:45 PM
I'm on several free sites. Yeah, you've seen my profile. Like someone said, it just increases your odds of actually finding a decent date.

I haven't met anyone from POF in person yet... did meet one from matchdoctor, none from bookofmatches (but at least one potential), met one from webdate, and one from dreammates. Dreammates isn't free... but if a paying member contacts you first then any further contact with that person is free to you, which is COOL. Wish more sites would do that!

Jumpdates is terrible... don't even waste your time. Yes, there are a couple of folks I've met on there that I still IM with but basically the vast majority of messages I get are from African countries and you can guess the rest. Connectingsingles is free but not much response. Actidate... well, the jury's still out on that one. Mingles.com is free as well but not much response there either.

I suppose there is some truth to "getting what you pay for"... it does seem that the pay-for-play sites have the most sincere and legitimate members -- not saying POF doesn't, of course.... just that if you must pay to contact folks then somehow you're a bit more particular than if it doesn't cost you a penny.
 Santacide
Msg: 147
Posted: 3/10/2005 9:59:42 PM
Im on matchdoctor and POF and neither has helped me in the least bit. I havent gotten past the re:reply yet, and Ive been doin this for a several months now. Maybe Im an undesirable, or maybe Im from the wrong town, but Im about to give up on this online dating thing all together if somethin doesent happen. Eh, the bars aint too bad I guess.....
 dineshr543
Msg: 148
Posted: 3/14/2005 7:21:32 AM
Hai Sami
I am Dinesh from India kerala. Interest to good friendship.
 ~~JT~~
Msg: 149
Posted: 3/16/2005 12:18:14 PM

eh i'm just venting....just got my one hundreth "read deleted" with no reponse today

lol dude dont sweat that stuff, ALL MY MESSAGES GET UNREAD DELETED
 zebby
Msg: 150
Posted: 3/16/2005 5:22:52 PM
///
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > What are the truly free sites?