Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Introductions  > First Nations/Native American folks say hello!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Irahayes13
Msg: 101
First Nations/Native American folks say hello!Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Hello ... Not sure what to say yet. But, I am aboriginal and single. LOL, sounds like an introduction at an AA Meeting. I just want to meet single first nation women ... it doesn't matter where your from ... I just want to meet all of you.
 Irahayes13
Msg: 102
First Nations/Native American folks say hello!
Posted: 12/4/2006 11:57:59 AM
Hello Pandy ... Just wanted to say that I am Blackfoot. How are you. I read your profile and it says your way down in the southern states. I am actually in Canada. But just a friendly hello out to you ... Oki, and take care.
 Rae Rae
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/4/2006 2:28:15 PM
Tansi!
Name is Rae Rae, a person who happens to be a Metis, Cree, Blackfeet (Montana), English, and French, Born in Calgary Canada......glad to see many proud Natives.....sad to see many who don't know their heritage......yet......
In Spirit,
Rae Rae.
 scarlet-begonias
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/5/2006 6:13:33 AM
Sago! Skano!
I am Iroquois, raised on Six Nations Reserve, now living in Port Dover. glad to see y'all here!!
ona
gizmo
 Pandy
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2006 12:58:59 AM
Raven's right - the threads are getting bloody at times, and the ingnorance and ill-faith is sometimes intimidating, depressing and irritating, but I'm doing my best (and so are others, brown and otherwise) to share good information with a good heart and mind. Except for the occassional time when I just slash my opponent to bits without sharing anything, but this is reserved for when I lose my patience with the haters... ;) Wrowr!

report any rules violation abuse to me directly or to the help/suggestions forum, and it will be dealt with... "slash your opponent to bits" and you might end up facing forum suspensions for off topic yourself.

As with any good community, we ask that you all report abuse to make it a better place.

Welcome to all Natives who have posted to say hello since last I visited this thread

Mita kuye ayasin

Pandy/Moderator
 Hawkdream
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2006 10:08:33 AM
Hey, Nish and Spudmama, got something for you guys to pray with me about. Could cost me my job if I stay directly involved in this issue. I was told to quit doing "native american therapy" after feathering a sister who is incarcerated. Apparently she told another NA inmate and someone (non-native) else had a problem with it. In the discussion it was linked also to "native american religion" and I was told I am to not do anything like that again. I don't want to start a conflict, but I do know that the Islamic religion is allowed to have a chaplain and conduct their ceremonies or whatever they're called. Feathering is such a little thing and is not anti-anything. I am allowed to use an occasional NA CD for centering with the inmates only BECAUSE I also use Celtic music as well. There is so much therapeutic stuff we are not allowed to do in prison because the inmates might use it in some criminal way (can't have crayons in the compound).
This sister's mother wanted to have a feather ceremony when she completes Therapeutic Community (loosely similar to old Cherokee Peace Villages), but I am not involved in that at all and don't have any contact with her mother. I do not want to feed the fires of prejudice, I do want to see NA inmates in this state have their civil rights as well as anyone else.
 ashley1861
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2006 9:44:48 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on tracing heredity / family lines? I have Cherokee, probably Texas, on both sides, but not enough specifics. Have a relative sending the paternal family tree, which goes back to the pilgrims.... but I understand that the Indian branch is deadended.
 Cadagirl
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/12/2006 8:51:49 PM
Hey there...how's things?
I'm an Ojibway from Manitoulin Island, but I live in St. Catharines where I work as a Fundraiser, among other things.
I've been interested in Native ways, but due to my family losing their traditions, I'm afraid I'm what they call an "apple", though I disagree with the terminology.
Anyway, don't even get me started.
That's all for now.
Oh yeah, I'm single, attractive, strong, have 2 kids, and 2 cats, and I support myself.

Cadagirl
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/12/2006 8:53:15 PM
You can try googling ancestry or geneology....you come up with all sorts of things, depending on how well you can use a computer.
 ocean27
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/14/2006 2:06:53 AM
Hello all First Nations people! I am glad to see and hear and someone took the intitative to build this forum..for us. I am a proud First Nations woman that knows my family well on both my mothers' and fathers' side. Having said that, I am honored to acknowledge two nations. I am Nuu-chah-nulth and Shuswap and love their traditions and practice both equally. Each nation are very different, but have one thing is common, and that is being the original peoples in this country. I want to represent our existance on Mother Earth and stand proud for that. All I have to say is..... be there for your family and their support will help you to succeed.
Kleco Kleco and Kutsemc
Lisa
 Cree Tribal King
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/17/2006 3:20:23 PM
I AM FULL BLOODED PURE CREE FROM ATTAWAPISKAT...MY NATION ROCKZ...I KNOW ALOT ABOUT MY BACKROUND WHICH WILL TAKE LONG TYPING IT....A GON PA TAH KEE NOW NAHANIK...GISH CHA MEEGWETCH...ENHHHHH
 Nurse Rachet 123
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/21/2006 8:30:12 PM
Kway Kway...

I am a very proud Abenaki female origionally from the Franklin maine area (Cowasuck Band), and I currently live in Kingston., saw this thread, and thought that I would give a shout out to our Nishes..
 Nurse Rachet 123
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/21/2006 8:35:10 PM
I am sorry, that you feel that us native females do not have what you deem as ambition,,and lifestyle. Not only am I native, but I believe that I have ambition. I currently hold 3 diplomas, and I am A nurse...I think for a native person, that's ambition...meegwetch
 wildink
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/21/2006 11:30:17 PM
Hello there,
Im a son of a son of a surviver of the war of 1885.and have the tomb stone to prove it.100% pure Manitoba French Metis, living in vancouver. peace to all the tribes

I am looking for other metis people with simialar interests to persue sepreme court action against the federal goverment.
 Bru306
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/22/2006 2:21:13 PM
Anin Sikwa', Tansi ...
Am from the Ojibway first nations & am also 1/4 metis on my mothers side. I love who I am and what I have become. Adversity does me well. I am a single mother of 3, am a nurse and love what I do. I am just comming into my own of looking up ancestry and my geneology and have nothing as of late. I have gone as far as my great grandparents so far. From what I know .. my relations fought in the Batoche rebellion .. I miss the sunsets of the prairies and the thunder and lightening storms. Miss the slow simple life of the prairies .. but for now am content with what I have here btn the mountains and the ocean ... got a good job, a roof and three beautiful "papoose's" ..
Looking for friends as well .. dont let the profile fool ya .. had to write somethng .. lol...

Mikwec' .. Lix
 lln0627
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Looking For Family
Posted: 12/26/2006 7:17:48 PM
My mother was German & Swiss, but my father was French Canadian with a last name of NADEAU.
His mother was full blooded Native American and his father... I am not sure, but would not be surprised if he were part Native as well.
I have been told they were Ojibiwa or possibly my grandmother was Saulteaux. Is it possible she used Saulteaux as her maiden name?
I am 50 years old, my father's parents were at least in their 70's when I was a child.

Both of my parents died whenI was young and no one knew how to reach my father's family. My mother's family had my brother and I put in foster care because no one else would take us. Since I was a kid I didn't know how to find my father's family in Canada and no one in authority tried. But now I would like to find some of them at least.

I remember my father had a sister in Winnepeg named Rita. There were several brothers, named Jean Paul, Roger, Rocky, Benoit, and my father was Adrien.

My uncle Benoit had a wife, Theresa, and they had 13 kids. They moved to Redwood City, CA for a while but returned to Qubec after less than a year here.
One of the girls, Pirette married an American service member - Steve but died at a young age from a work related illness. One of the boys married a US woman - Linda.

I wanted to apply for recognition of my heritage, but because my father was born at home with me not having a clue what parish he may have been baptized in (they were Catholic), plus the fact they were native NORTH Americans, which never had a registry, and were not US natives, I came up empty handed.
Anyone have any ideas how to remedy this situation?
Nonetheless, I want to say hello to all.
LN
 wndmanitou
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/27/2006 3:51:39 PM
hownikon,i am half potawatomi,from north carolina by way of shawnee okla.this is a fantastic site,not only for dating,but,forums,chats,so much to offer for free,hope to meet some of you online when i get back home to nc,work keeps me pressed for time,glad to see some skins here,hope everyone had a merry x-mas,and may you all have a great(sloppy but safe)new year
 subtle_savage
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2006 11:23:59 PM
Hey guys.

I'm not Native American myself, but lived beside 6 nations (Cayuga Ontario) for many years and grew to love the culture and people there. Also spent time with Pat Rivers, whom some of the locals may know.

Just passing my respect, and am glad to have come across this thread.

ss
 Okwaho65
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/3/2007 6:43:44 PM
She:kon. I'm of mixed heritage: German father and Mohawk mother; care to wager who I take after? :-)
 tonedef
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/3/2007 11:06:24 PM
Hi my name is Rodger I am from the Soowahlie Band of cultus lake british columbia. I am sure most of you know where Cultus lk is.It is nice to see so many replies in this forum.
I wish everyone the best in the coming new year.
rodger
 robbiedarko
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/5/2007 3:51:21 AM
hi
im an urban chippewa (NWT)
(chorus: "Hi Robbie")
 LadyAmberWolf
Msg: 122
Posted: 1/10/2007 1:36:45 PM
Well Good Afternoon Waya Digadili I am so very proud to have made your aquaintance. (hope I spelled that right) I too am definitely of the wolf spirit. I have amber eyes just like them. I am part native american. My sister said when I was young that we were part Lakota but when I got allot older and was talking about my dad being born in Macinaw Island, I had some folks tell me that I am probably part Ojibwe, not Lakota. Either way I am & have always been very very proud of my native american heritage. I have english,irish,italian&scottish in me as well. While I also appreciate some of the aspects of those cultures, I am profoundly interested in the native american in me and consider myself a native american rather than what most would typically call me...white. Most do see the native american in me right off but others see the italian or the irish. I am very much into native american beliefs, arts, music,food,cultures and would appreciate all the education anyone on this forum could offer me. I just like you am extrememly proud of the native american blood in me and all that Mother Earth, Father Sun and the Great Spirit have blessed me with. I look forward to making some native american friends on here and hopefully a warrior for myself to have fun in this thing we call life. I once had a Lakota friend tell me that the indian name he gives me is Cante Ista. He told me it meant the eye of the heart and I do very much believe that the way I have lived my life, think, and look upon life and people is through my heart. Sometimes that has gotten me into trouble with the ones who like to take advantage of people but that does not change me. I will remain the loving decent openminded live & let live person that I am always...I can bend but I will not break. My heart go's out to all my native american and part native american brothers & sisters. May Brother Wolf watch over your always and the Great Spirit guide your paths with the warmth of Father Sun and the strength of Mother Earth. lol
 353SPARKY
Msg: 123
Posted: 1/11/2007 2:58:26 PM
SAGO

FROM BIG SIX IN ONTATIO
 winterspirit
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/12/2007 9:07:32 PM
Nice thread. Wishing everyone good things in 2007.
 On_The_Edge
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/12/2007 11:29:54 PM
hi there, yup ......im from new brunswick.
Show ALL Forums  > Introductions  > First Nations/Native American folks say hello!