Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Introductions  > First Nations/Native American folks say hello!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 On_The_Edge
Msg: 126
First Nations/Native American folks say hello!Page 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
hi subtle_savage
 nonetheless
Msg: 127
First Nations/Native American folks say hello!
Posted: 1/15/2007 4:55:52 PM
Hi Everybody :) (Tan'si)

I'm cree from northeastern alberta and now live in calgary. Glad to meat all my native brotehrs and sisters out in POF land.

Ekosi Maka,

Nonetheless
 nonetheless
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/15/2007 4:57:23 PM
And EYE Shood lern two spelll :)

Sorry,

Nontheless
 avril57
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2007 6:15:41 PM
Hi!
I`m Samahquam (Coast Salish) originally from Harrison Lake area now living in Victoria BC ,walking the good red road Rainbow Medicine way AHO .
 ElusiveNewfy
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/16/2007 9:20:21 AM
Hello:

I have no native ancestory in me, I'm a pure whiteblood, but I respect the First Nations people and have studied your great and interesting culture with keen interest. I would if anyone would like to take the time, learn more about your culture, perhaps givin time participate in some First Nations events. I live in the Pickering area and have the time to learn, if someone has the time to teach !

Kind Regards
Paul
 ElusiveNewfy
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/16/2007 10:23:03 AM
Remembering my first encounter with a Native American..

I was a boy 7 or 8 years old in a Group Home supervised by the Catholic Children's Aid in Toronto. In this home, as with most I was abused and bullied, by my own race.
But I remember the kindness shown to me by an Indian man with long white hair, who lived just down the street, in the St.Clair and Duffern Street area of Toronto. He had all kinds of model planes, books on planes, which when I visited him, he let me look at. He also always shared his candy with me when I visited. I never knew what became of him, but I hope Manitou smiled on his kindness and his spirit continues on in peace. Maybe when my time comes, I will meet him again and thank him for his kindness, which was welcome at a time when not many were kind to a frightened 8 year old boy.
 c_deacon
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2007 12:55:19 PM
Hello to all those of us who embrace our past history. It is to bad that many prefer not to talk about it and what happened to our ancestors.

I am Lakota and Cherokee with many white parts added as the push to take america from sea to shinning sea happened. I continue my search for truth and enjoy knowing all natives that can add to my quest for knowledge and understanding of all that makes what we are, no matter what our mix might be.

Enjoy......

Just my opinion.....
 texasbaby
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2007 9:09:30 PM
Cherokee, Scots, Irish mix here... with Pawnee cousins...
To those of you trying to reconnect with your roots, it can be very difficult, don't give up. The page unturned may hold the information you search for. Reach out to people, they will help you in your search.

tb
 Miss_Independant
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/20/2007 10:39:29 PM
Tansi/Bon Jour/ Way!
Cree/ Metis, raised traditionally off the land, Northern Alberta...a small village, between the Mighty Slave Lake and Wood Buffalo National Park; on a journey...sharing with the beautiful Syilx people!
Lineage stems from Chief Pa Pa st h is (sp?) band from Edmonton Area...is what I am told... still searchin more for my roots!!! :YAY: Can't wait to come home!

There is no such thing as an Indian Princess by the way, and you can't have an indian soul. - ITS IN THE BLOOD!!! You can have 1/8th, 1/4 1/2 and even be a full breed but what determines your heritage is if you LIVE BREATH TALK AND WALK the Life of your ancestors!
AND if you are white, and have been taught the traditional ways of a First Nations tribe/s...thanx for being supportive...THAT DOES NOT MAKE YOU AN INDIAN THOUGH, seek pride in your culture too!
True Indian Names are given with a long ceremony...you earn it, it isn't just given to you.
Honor ALL cultures...that is the key. Great thread onemoreastronaut !!!
Mussi!
Peace love and frybread grease my brothers and sisters!
 quebra
Msg: 135
Posted: 1/25/2007 5:03:28 PM
hey all just thought i'd give a holler. metis guy from saskatchewan. my roots are in batoche and red river (winnipeg). loud and proud about my heritage.
 nehiyaw
Msg: 136
Posted: 2/7/2007 6:18:46 PM
tan'si kiyawaw kanehiyawawek, kikway maka tahkahkan oma kitaskinaw...mathesa pe-masinahkihan kispin kaskitayan oma ta-ayimahtaman...mina mesawac...
 moves_like_water
Msg: 137
Posted: 2/8/2007 4:59:05 PM
Hi, I'm a Dakota Sioux from Canupawakpa, currently going to college to become a doc. Hi everyone!!
 c_deacon
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2007 11:55:47 AM
Time to bring this thread back since the Pow-Wows are starting to happen for the spring and summer.....

I you would like to say hello and give some information about yourself and native happenings in your area or want to travel some to attend, feel free to connect with us on here.
 Dr.Strange
Msg: 139
Posted: 3/16/2007 3:03:38 PM
Wooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!!! CowBoys and Indians thread.

Hello Yall......or should I say were I come from... "Cle-Co-Cle-Co",

Some of My Ancestors were Oceanic,Artists, Hunters,Fisherman.....the normal Indian stuff.

Nice to see this thread good to pay homage to Your roots.Where I come from on My Mothers side the clan system is matrilineal which means I would take My Fathers Crest and songs,Thunderbird,Wolf and Lightning Serpent.........
 smiles46
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2007 2:26:41 PM
Hello! Just here to say hi. I am from Christian Island Ont. Was just looking around and stumbled on this site,it is great to have this! Nice to see everyone here. I will be back here to keep in touch and see what is going on. Take care
 *danirox*
Msg: 141
Posted: 4/5/2007 8:35:08 PM
hey... am i doing this right???? Is this thing on? HA!

Well, either way... been on this site fer awhile, had yet to run into a forum this cool!

I have blood from the Oneida Nation -from above New York and also from southern Saskatchewan- Assiniboine-Sioux *both mixed with French on my father's side as well as Swedish/English/Irish on Mother's side... a real mutt (totalling a whopping 1/7th percent Native)... Funny thing is I got dragged into a sweat lodge (ran old school style by a Chippewa elder) at a young age and I've been traditional ever since.

*One lil' comment to mixed bloods: You could use your heritage as a neat fact to discuss over coffee and to buy "authentic" -ly made in China pipes and drums, OR you could become invested in native autonomy, treaty rights, healthcare and righting the general injustice that has been inflicted upon this or that nation that you identify with. You could tap into the power of standing up and fighting for what is true and right.
This blog seems to have gone really positive. Really cool!
 *danirox*
Msg: 142
Posted: 4/5/2007 9:21:49 PM
hey... am i doing this right???? Is this thing on? HA!

Well, either way... been on this site fer awhile, had yet to run into a forum this cool!

I have blood from the Oneida Nation -from above New York in the Saint Lawerence Valley area and also Assiniboine-Sioux from southern Saskatchewan- *both mixed with French on my father's side as well as Swedish/English/Irish on Mother's side... a real mutt. Funny thing is I got dragged into a sweat lodge (ran old school style by a Chippewa elder) at a young age and I've been traditional ever since.

*One lil' comment to mixed bloods: You could use your heritage as a neat fact to discuss over coffee and to buy "authentic" -ly made in China pipes and drums, OR you could become invested in native autonomy, treaty rights, healthcare and righting the general injustice that has been inflicted upon this or that nation that you identify with. You could tap into the power of standing up and fighting for what is true and right.
This blog seems to have gone really positive. Really cool!
 Mr. Ivan
Msg: 143
Posted: 4/7/2007 11:30:17 AM
I just had to be a part of this. Not specifically "Native American" but Peruvian of native indian origin. My Peruvian grandmother still speaks Quechua, the language of the Incas and lives as farmer in the highlands of Peru. And I like Native Americans. I see myself in them.
 Brother Down
Msg: 144
Posted: 4/8/2007 7:17:53 PM
Shekon Sakweken!!
("Greetings Everyone!")

Sawatis Ionkiats
(my name is John)

Ise Kanienke:haka, Akwesasne ronen
(I'm Mohawk from Akwesasne)

Skenneh kowa!
(Great Peace)

Onen kiwahi
(see you again)
 pwamowin
Msg: 145
Posted: 4/10/2007 2:48:14 PM
Wachey

Full blood Mushkegowuk Cree from James Bay... 18 generations and going strong
 Anockqus
Msg: 146
Posted: 4/15/2007 10:04:36 PM
Aquene! Im Mashpee Wampanoag from Cape Cod,MA :D
 Patcholi
Msg: 147
Posted: 4/25/2007 10:08:02 AM
Apache/Irish..
 Kramer111
Msg: 148
Posted: 4/30/2007 11:09:47 AM
tansis hello and hello
 pippin222
Msg: 149
Posted: 5/4/2007 1:08:17 PM
Hi Everyone

Ojib-Chippawa from Moose Deer Point First Nation, Ontario, Canada... father native, mother French. What a fabulous gathering in interesting folks...drop me a line sometime...alway ready to meet new friends...

Karen
 fire4hire420
Msg: 150
Posted: 5/4/2007 5:51:40 PM
aahnii boozhoo, Brady N'diishniikaaz, Wahnapitae N'doonjiiba
Show ALL Forums  > Introductions  > First Nations/Native American folks say hello!