Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Introductions  > First Nations/Native American folks say hello!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hawkdream
Msg: 151
view profile
History
First Nations/Native American folks say hello!Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
May 19 - 20 Circle of Hope Ozark Pow Wow Salem, Ark. City Park
For info, www.amonsoquath.com, I think should get you there.
 Magena
Msg: 152
First Nations/Native American folks say hello!
Posted: 5/13/2007 9:07:51 AM
I'm new to POF.

My Native American name is Oestonee (Weathered Woman) my totem animal is a wolf. I wish I could say what percentage or tribe I could claim. But never had the chance to find out since my grandfather died from cancer and alcoholism when I was young.

But I continue my walk on the red path.

Aroha
 No_bro
Msg: 153
Posted: 5/17/2007 11:07:32 PM
My mom is Saulteux, and my dad is Cree. I guess I'm half Saulteux, and half cree. I'm sorry if I'm quoting your paragraph on here, I just don't know how to reply this got damn thread. If I'm not quoting your thread megena than disregard this message completely.
 Chiffster33
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2007 8:34:11 PM
Yah Tah Hey from the Great Navajo Nation,

We are called navajo by the outsider, we call ourselves dineh. I am from New Mexico, i grew up both on and off the rez. I joined the Army right out of high school, and have just recently called it quits. I have another month to go, but i start College tomorrow and well, here on POF looking for a great squaw.....as the saying goes..have tee pee, need squaw!!

Robert
 Brizo
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2007 9:50:04 AM
having done some research on my grandfather's last name and tribal records, I think I'm choctaw......the very northern region, I would suspect, as last I heard my grandfather was from West Virginia. He was a full blooded native, though I have no idea if he was registered. He left my grandmother with three daughters, one only five months old, and understandably, she would never speak of him...........I do know my mother was often mistaken for mexican, because of her skin tone, but she was half native.......
 sluttina
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/10/2007 1:53:23 AM
Hello I Cree from the great Opaskwayak Cree Nation living in Vancouver British Columbia, Tansi all you neechies. May your bannock never burn! LOL! good one!
 kangarucci
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/13/2007 5:05:22 AM
Hi to you all.
I am a Tasmanian Aboriginal. I am somewhat surprised by the fact that a lot of you are posting the degree of aboriginality you have. Here we are either black fellas or not. There is no such thing as half caste. White men tried to eradicate us, but we are still strong and proud.
 arose19634
Msg: 158
Posted: 6/19/2007 8:44:15 PM
hey Im from Oregon SAme here mom white father native american from Michigan. Hello everbody
 kaagwaantaan
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/23/2007 7:37:49 PM
I am an Alaskan Native Indian

I am Eagle Moiety, Kaagwaantaan clan (wolf) and Gooch Hit (wolf house).
 thundersong
Msg: 160
Posted: 7/2/2007 12:30:06 PM
Boozhoo!

:) Just wanted to pop in and give a wave; let the people know this one's still kickin'. :)

Take good care, all.

~ thundersong
 raynedae
Msg: 161
Posted: 7/3/2007 2:21:16 PM
Hi all--

Thank you to onemoreastronaut for starting this thread oh so long ago.

I'm an enrolled member of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla but since lineage comes from the matriarchal line, I'm actually Walla Walla. Grandma was a full blood; equal parts Walla Walla, Umatilla, Nez Perce & Klamath. Granddad was part Ottawa, Sac & Fox & Citizen Band Potawatomi out of Oklahoma.

For all you POF'ers who are seeking your Indian roots, I suggest you do what I did; contact the enrollment office of the Tribe you've been told your Grandmother, Grandfather, etc belonged to. They keep pretty good records and if you can give them a name, they can probably figure out how & who you are related to. Before I even had my enrollment form filled out I'd already met one Auntie and two cousins and I'm told that within the hour the whole Rez knew I was there.

Who I am; I'm a 50 year old from Oregon, I lost my first husband in a car wreck and divorced my second husband a year ago. I'm lucky to work with books. I'd love to learn all I can about Granddad's people...I know that they were relocated from the Great Lakes area to Oklahoma but I don't know when. All I know about Granddad is that he was Jim Thorpe's cousin. I didn't inherit any of that athletic prowess, but I did get the nose ...

Nice meeting you all.

rayne
 Raveninns
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2007 7:51:37 PM
Nice to meet you too! Tansi!

THUNDER!!! Nice to *see* you back.

Cheers, Raven
 dtylaitaly
Msg: 163
Posted: 7/9/2007 11:31:27 AM
Allo,
I am Dene from Tsuu Tina Nation however I am a quarter blackfoot from Siksika as well.
just thought to say hi...

goonaki
 marroussia
Msg: 164
Posted: 7/11/2007 5:35:35 AM
I am Australian aboriginal - Ngarrinjerii/Permanck woman from an incredible part of the world called the Coorong...chek out on google...hi everybody..its good to chat to people from all over so drop me a line...Boozhoo or as we say Nukkunya (seeya)
 wolf woman
Msg: 165
Posted: 7/12/2007 10:32:34 PM
Tansi out there! I'm from good ole Winterpeg! I'm Cree. I'm kinda new to this site. After hearing about it from a friend, I joined and its been really great so far. I attended a local event here this evening, and had a blast! I just moved back to Manitoba after attending university in MN for a few years. I really do miss it down there. Great people and wonderful riding roads. I hope everyone is having good experiences out there on POF. Take care all........clutch....throttle.......ride..........wolf woman
 massaman
Msg: 166
Do you believe in honesty,loyalty and truthfullness
Posted: 10/22/2007 6:47:25 AM
Do you believe in honesty,loyalty and truthfullness,then look no further. I am looking for someone with good communication, open and honest. I am looking for my a friend, best friend and lover. I want someone romantic and who is a a single un-attached female who has no kids but would like to have some some day for a possible relationship and preferred age range around 23-37 years of age and from around the saginaw,midland,mt. Pleasant or sanford area and must be from michigan and either a hispanic caucasian,native american or a oriental or a middle eastern. Someone who likes to kiss, cuddle and hold hands. I am open and honest and have a good heart. I want someone who also likes playing computer or online games like everquest,reading,writing,travelling, bowling,chatting,walks on the beach,jet-skiing,and many other things. I want someone who likes to travel. I am ready to settle down. You can reach me at massa@CENTURYTEL.NET or massaman@HOTMAIL.COM
 Your Ticket
Msg: 167
Posted: 10/24/2007 8:12:44 AM
Hey Ya''!
1/8 Choctaw, Great Great Grandmother. She along with others, hid out in the swamps of
DiIberville, Ms. during the trail of tears. That is where I get my survival skills.
 Quinn-Eskimo
Msg: 168
Posted: 11/1/2007 2:57:53 PM
Let's be loud and proud about our native & aboriginal heritage. We shall never disappear from the face of the earth because we treat the earth better than any other ethnic group. I am a full-blooded Inuit from Alaska.
 shawgirl1983
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2007 12:01:12 PM
Aanii! hehe, my name is Erin and I am 1/2 ojibway and 1/2 scotch. Grew up in Pic River First Nation, currently livin in Toronto!... good day to all! :)
 lil miz QT
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/6/2008 5:30:59 PM
Hello, I am here for the forums only. I saw your profile and wanted to say hello. I want to be an inspiration to all seeking someone here. Good things have happened to me VIA P.O.F. Keep searching.
 lil miz QT
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/6/2008 7:06:03 PM
Hello there cree woman. I am not looking for anything but a friendly hello since you live in Nanaimo and are native as do I and I am native also.
 me_plus_3
Msg: 172
Posted: 2/28/2008 9:32:52 AM
BOOZHOO!!! From NWO!
MY name is Miranda and I'm am an Ojibway'kwe. and as brown as they come... :P
 Malibu2plez
Msg: 173
Posted: 2/28/2008 11:59:41 AM
Kia ora
I'm a native kiwi girl from New Zealand. Big ups and a good day to all. Part Maori the rest Yugoslavian. Neither of which I am fluent with as English was only to be spoken to in our grandparents days. Te reo is now out there so I am learning.

Lisa
 peacful1
Msg: 174
Posted: 5/14/2008 4:53:17 PM
hey there, forming the circle/ cool.
i shake hand with u all. and say hello!!!
ONA
 Ndndude
Msg: 175
Posted: 5/26/2008 7:17:48 AM
Behne, tsaangu yeitabaiyi

Just joined POF not long ago, never thought I would find a Native thread.

I am Shoshone, brought up in ID, on da rez. Now living in the UK, been here a long time now, on and off, 38 yrs.
Nice to see good people here and feel free to give me a holla

Maiku

SP
Show ALL Forums  > Introductions  > First Nations/Native American folks say hello!