Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Wisconsin  > Are Wisconsin ladies boring?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 steam0903
Msg: 176
Are Wisconsin ladies boring?Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
YES DEFINATELY WELL SAID Milwred!! After going into chats only to be asked sex questions is really degrading. Why would we want to chat with those who can't show respect. So if boring means I won't be walked on by some knuckle dragger than YES I am boring and proud of it. If you wouldn't want someone to treat your sister that way why why why would you think it ok for you to treat a woman that way.
 Foxfire847
Msg: 177
Are Wisconsin ladies boring?
Posted: 12/1/2008 5:21:13 PM
I really don't think the Wisconsin Women are boring. I think we are busy. There's a difference. I have been to 2 POF meet and greets and guess what? You men are not there. So who is boring? I have a profile on here as well, and I still feel like there is HOPE.
 RKRCHK
Msg: 178
Posted: 12/5/2008 10:19:01 AM
apparently all of you guys are looking at the wrong women. Me and my girls are far from BORING!!!!!!!! We could definitely show you all a good time!!
 nikkidyme
Msg: 179
Posted: 12/7/2008 9:46:54 PM
You haven't met me yet!
 tallyover
Msg: 180
Posted: 12/11/2008 2:12:32 AM
I think it's the Wisconsin winters that are boring. The summers are full of fests and rides, but the winters are long and cold. Brrrrrrrrrrrr..................
Anyone for snowangels?
 eman6669
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2008 2:04:06 AM
I don't think Wisconsin women are boring at all. In fact, I think most WI girls really know how to have a good time. I've lived in California, Missouri, Florida and North Carolina, not to mention Wisconsin, where I live now, and I gotta say WI women are downright crazy sometimes, ha. I've had the most fun with Wisconsin women out of any other state. And I must say they're the prettiest too (awww)haha!

johnp73
Msg: 182
Posted: 12/16/2008 1:50:07 PM
Well i have lived in wisconsin for 3 years now ,The reedsburg-dells area. I really have not met anyone yet? So i couldnt tell you if the women are boring. Besides that is a generalization, it all depends on what one thinks is boring. Im a laid back kind of guy got over the partying years of my life,and am looking for someone special yah know someone who has grown past the crazy life. Dont get me wrong i like to have fun ,but not like i did when i was in my twenties.
 springazure44
Msg: 183
Posted: 12/18/2008 12:13:44 PM
Are you seeking a female that is 'fun' or 'intelligent'? That can make all the difference.

I'm only 2 miles from the IL/WI borderline, but have always spent the majority of my time on the WI side (employment included). Majority of my experiences... guys want to carry on about all their toys... snowmobiles, ATV, motorcycles... and don't forget football and beer.
Life is always about fun, fun, fun!

Try to carry on a conversation with them about Politics, Economy, Environmentalism... they turn into the deer staring into the headlights thing.

Any treehugging survivalists out there that actually understands the Politics of Main Stream Media and the domino effects of Global issues?
 johnp73
Msg: 184
Posted: 12/18/2008 3:00:10 PM
LOL sorry i do not get into politics ,as discusing politics can ,and usualy ends up in disagreements. Thats no fun!
Im not a tree hugger beleive me. Im pretty laid back,but i am a hunter,and a pro gun kind of guy. Im seeking a soulmate. The screwing around wild days of my life are in the past. Im not remotly interested in fly by night relationships.
 springazure44
Msg: 185
Posted: 12/18/2008 5:51:54 PM
As a hunter or fisherman you SHOULD be concerned about Treehugging Pollution issues.

A Survivalist is very much pro-gun and pro-hunting/fishing as well as gardening, etc.

Many Political subjects can be discussed without heated debates. *Sigh*
 johnp73
Msg: 186
Posted: 12/18/2008 6:18:03 PM
ahhhh i misinturpreted what you meant,and yes i am concerned about the planets welfare, water quality, forest preservation. I'm sorry . I think we are on the same wavelength!
I now agree!!
 XoticDeeva
Msg: 187
Posted: 12/19/2008 1:21:33 PM
Though I'm not from WI. I think it's pretty tacky to generalize ALL women from here. I'm not boring and neither are some of the women I've met who are from this state, now what I do find to be quite "boring" are these lying, pot-smoking, alky's who can't carry on a decent conversation or those who are in desperate need of a new "Speak/Spell" for Xmas.
 Cuziffer
Msg: 188
Posted: 12/20/2008 2:07:13 PM
I think I just live in the wrong area of the state. 1 hour from Wausau/Stevens Point, 1 1/2 from Eau Claire, at least 2 from La Crosse, 2 or so from Appleton or Oshkosh, 2 1/2 from Madison (not to mention all the smaller towns nearby), nearly 4 from Milwaukee and all it's suburbs.

Seen a few nice profiles from the Janesville area and southwestern cities too.

It's not that Wisconsin women are boring either....some of the profiles I've read I'm pretty sure I couldn't keep up with them (they even ask the question...."do you think you can keep up with me?").

I don't mind what many people consider "boring." I actually prefer a more laid-back type of gal (goes with my own boring, laid-back personality
 Gonefromhere2010
Msg: 189
Posted: 12/20/2008 10:00:52 PM
I am many things...but boring isn't one of them!
 tallyover
Msg: 190
Posted: 12/22/2008 3:10:58 AM
Being in the city during the winter months is boring.

Too much time is spent clearing snow. No one seems to have time to make snowangels anymore.

KuroKwai
Msg: 191
Posted: 1/26/2009 5:28:50 PM

Main Stream Media

That really should have been "Main Stream Media" (sic) seeing as how they really are *not* that. Just an aside. :)

I don't believe any women from any particular area are boring. In my life though I've found two things tend to be the case:

First, women generally are more attracted to guys NOT from their area, regardless of if some random dude far away is a veritable clone of someone down the street; the fact that he is from "somewhere else" heightens his attractiveness. I'm not saying the same isn't true for how men behave toward women, but as a guy I've absolutely observed this situation many, many times. I have, in fact, benefited from it on many occasions as well, so I feel I know whereof I speak. (I.e., the grass is always green effect).

Second, it is more likely the women are being highly selective rather than "boring" regarding when they respond, go out, or participate. This thus leads to a sort of "self fulfilling prophecy".

Possible logic chain:
- Women are selective/cautious/picky (whatever you want to call it)
- Men (some of them) perceive that "women are boring around here"
- Men who perceive that "women are boring around here" don't go to the M&G's, participate in the forums, or generally get involved in those areas many women *are* present in
- Women who *are* active and present at M&G's, forums, or activities are not observed and/or interacted with by "dem guys" mentioned above
- Men (some of them) feel their original complaint/observation has been supported by their experience (or rather, lack thereof) of "not meeting women/interesting women"

Faulty logic chain, but an understandable one I could see as occurring.
 Czech-Gal
Msg: 192
Posted: 2/2/2009 6:48:36 PM
Interesting topic, my friends and I were recently talking about the men here in Wisconsin.....at least in my area....seems all the men want to do is go to the bars and get drunk. No thanks.

That said, the majority of the relationship troubles I've seen is that the guys don't listen.....
I had one guy that I emailed for a time want to come up and visit, I told him that would be fine but on the particular day he wanted to get together I told him I would not be able to make it, I told him that a couple of times so I was clear on that.... so what does he do....he gets in his car and as he is driving up here he calls me to say he is only a few miles from the town I live in. Now if he had listened to me and not been a pushy type I maybe would have met up with him when I was able to. Yup, if that is what is out there, I'd rather be single.
 Raz12
Msg: 193
Posted: 2/27/2009 1:45:19 PM
That guy was stupid haha
 here fishie
Msg: 194
Posted: 3/11/2009 12:55:21 PM
Interesting topic; altho negative thinking.

My opinion: it's all relative

Einstein
 Jimmerwi42
Msg: 195
Posted: 3/13/2009 5:13:46 AM
I have political views I just don't discuss them on... since you asked...

I have not nor intend to drink Al's Gore's cool-aid. The science is garbage, there is no consensus (there is +30,000 scientists who object) but lets not let the truth ruin a good fairly tale

Tree Huggers need to go away and get a life and leave mine alone... or better yet have a season for them with a 3 bag limit...

Oh there is nothing main stream about the Media. They are elitist talking heads who think they are smart... I guess they are with a teleprompter telling them what to say...
 ahmanbay
Msg: 196
Posted: 4/13/2009 4:35:15 PM
well i guess your getting alot more responces than the posted forum asking if wisconsin guys are boring,
 RacineSingle
Msg: 197
Posted: 4/23/2009 11:19:06 AM
I guess you and TMP just havent met the right ladies yet. But boring attracks boring!
I dont think I'm boring, but we all can be at times. Lifes not a game, but it does need to be enjoyed!!
 RacineSingle
Msg: 198
Posted: 4/23/2009 11:32:39 AM
Dude ,men are SO MUCH MORE PICKY than women. All you guys want is "Barbie. " Even the out of shape guys say they want an atrractive, beautifull, sexy lady. Your not gonna get it if your a fat ass yourself. Us normall gals are your best bet! So get over yourself, and take a look in the mirror!
 lostintheshuffle
Msg: 199
Posted: 5/11/2009 4:30:26 PM
Nope, I know plenty of crazy fun ones.
 Damendar1
Msg: 200
Posted: 5/12/2009 5:12:20 PM
I have political views I just don't discuss them on... since you asked...

I have not nor intend to drink Al's Gore's cool-aid. The science is garbage, there is no consensus (there is +30,000 scientists who object) but lets not let the truth ruin a good fairly tale

Tree Huggers need to go away and get a life and leave mine alone... or better yet have a season for them with a 3 bag limit...

Oh there is nothing main stream about the Media. They are elitist talking heads who think they are smart... I guess they are with a teleprompter telling them what to say...

You're hilarious.

I assume you're talking the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, where they held the press conference that the 31,000 'scientists' signed, right?

So what does it take to be included among the 31,000 “experts” on the petition? Well, according to the OISM criteria, any undergraduate science degree will do just fine. Bet you never thought that BS you earned 20 years ago made you a qualified climatologist. Congratulations!

OISM also wants to let you know that 9,021 of the signers hold PhDs. They don’t specify what the doctorates are in, but they repeat that figure quite a bit, as if it means something. Since the group was nice enough to list all 31,000 signers, including the dead people, let’s take a look at the qualifications of three randomly-selected “climate experts.”

W. Kline Bolton, M.D. is a professor of medicine and Nephrology Division Chief at the University of Virginia. Nephrology deals with the study of the function and diseases of the kidney.

Zhonggang Zeng is one of the 9,000 with a PhD. He is a professor of mathematics at Northeastern Illinois University. His most recent publication is entitled “Computing multiple roots of inexact polynomials.”

Hub Hougland is a dentist in Muncie, Indiana. He was inducted into the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame last year.

I had read somewhere that a few Holocaust deniers signed on too, but can't find the names at the moment.

Yep, those guys sound like they're brilliant thinkers in fields closely related to the study of global warming. And I bet I can save a ton on health care as soon as I can persuade one of the geologists from the local university to start treating me when I'm ill. Win.

Of course, you won't believe this, despite the fact that if you're even marginally proficient at parsing search engine phrases, you can find 10 primary sources detailing this within a minute or two. At least I tried, heh.

Sorry for the hijack, so to get back on track, I don't find Wisconsin women 'boring', though I do tend to have better luck in general dating women from Illinois (well, really only Chicago).

For me, it's much more of a city boy/country boy type of thing. I'm totally urban. I'm only moderately into sports and I'm not particularly outdoorsy. This puts me in a distinct minority locally, and I'm aware of it. So I spend more time dating in Chicago, where I have a much larger, much more diverse pool of women to choose from, and thusly tend to have much better chances to meet women I'm a bit more compatible with.

If you find yourself surrounded by 'boring' people, maybe it's just that your preferences and values don't quite demographically match up to 'the majority' in your area. If that's the case, just go somewhere else :)
Show ALL Forums  > Wisconsin  > Are Wisconsin ladies boring?