Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > And The Most Hideous Song Of This Decade Goes To "Black Eye Peas" for      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Trav88
Msg: 51
And The Most Hideous Song Of This Decade Goes To Black Eye Peas for My HumpsPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
"Ok this song tells the female's that we as male's will spend all of our money on them I DONT THINK SO I will NOT spend any money till I know that it will be even and she will do the same if women think we as men should spend our money after thay as women want equlity then thay got another thing comming !!! SPEND ALL MY MONEY I DONT THINK SO !!! and just to say this i do have alot I guess it's cus I dont spend it foolishly on women !!!"

So true.
 tricky111
Msg: 52
And The Most Hideous Song Of This Decade Goes To Black Eye Peas for My Humps
Posted: 1/9/2006 6:55:25 PM
they need to spend the money on a descent songwriter and vocalist
 **~ Shy Star ~**
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/10/2006 5:07:37 PM
LMAO!! Thanks for the laugh people - aggghh... totally agree about BEP's My Humps song. Some of the best rants I've read in a long time!

Ciao!

~Shy~

Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 54
And The Second Most Hideous Song Of This Decade Goes To:
Posted: 8/25/2006 4:15:04 AM
PSSST....pigment in the skin is melanin...the chemical in your brain that makes you sleep is melatonin. Sorry, just had to point that out.
 cobaltblu
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2006 2:56:47 PM
I feel your pain! I was subjected to seeing the video/hearing the song while I was at the gym on the treadmill-checking out what was on tv. It was a surreal moment-I really thought it was a joke-that it surely wasn't a real song!? But sadly it is. Instead of ending my life-i just use an antidote of good music to counteract the ill effects of the noise of that song/video. I think I can go on with my life relatively unscathed. I just try to block out that day and focus on real music.
 Joy.
Msg: 56
Posted: 9/2/2006 11:01:03 PM
I realize this thread was started almost a year ago but being the glutton for punishment that I am, I had to check out the video. I'm not quite sure what to say actually. I managed to listen to the point of 'mix your milk wit my cocoa puff, my milky milky cocoa puff'. I have NO idea what that means and now feel somewhat soiled for having listened as long as I did.

I could have easily lived the rest of my life without hearing that but noooooo, I can't keep my dumb ass out of the forums!!!
 caspian7
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/3/2006 5:49:52 AM
Another average band playing playing bad music and being fed to us by way of media,but there are plenty of others just as bad.Is it me or what passes for music these days is really junk,no wonder my radio is hardly ever on.
Posted: 9/3/2006 1:20:54 PM
you know, everyonce in awhile I see this thread revived and it always surprises me that anyone actually agrees with me...

but the story continues... like a bad episode of friday the 13th, shes back.

oh my god, this new song... makes me wish jason was here in his hockey mask and everything to shove a pencil through my ears or something to make me feel less pain then I already did from the horror of the BEP song "my Humps".

no, this new song, isn't as horrible... its just really realllllllly dumb.

its the kinda dumb, where after you hear it, and see the video... you look up to the sky and say to god... "ok god, lemme have it, bring on the 4 horsemen, cause this surely must be the 7th sign of the apocalypse... I dont see how things could get any worse, so bring it on".

its called "london bridge".

now, first off, I want to say, I dont hate this girl or anything, I really dont... I have nothing against her, I just think she makes the absolute worst music on the planet.... and I would rather be deaf then hear another song from her...

so what this time?

well, it's just this ridiculous idea... of taking a event from history, and turning it into a cheap sexual innuendo.

it starts out like this...

Oh shit (oh shit)
Oh shit (oh shit)
Oh shit (oh shit)

Are you ready for this?
Oh shit (oh shit)
Ohhhhh
It’s me, Fergie
The Pimp!
Paulo!

ok, I get it... you know who you are... but pimp? really? is that what you want to call yourself now? pimp? really? are you sure? I mean... you know what a pimp is right?

ok, I can ignore the retarded intro... but the next part....

V.I.P., ‘cause you know I gotta shine.
I’m Fergie Ferg, and me love you long time

now, granted, you got stuck with a bad name, and your making the best of it... ferg... but Fergie Ferg? no... not having it. no one named bob, is calling themself bobby bob. no one named tom is calling themself tommy tom... know why?
it sounds stupid.
we know the name, really, we get it... but come on, one name... please.
dont give yourself some hideous nickname, hoping people catch on, and start calling you that.

its annoying in the same way.. when you get a step dad or something, and he's like "you can call me dad"... it doesnt work, it doesnt fit.

but the last part... "me love you long time?"

what? hold on a second... werent you a pimp a second ago? now your a asian hooker?

(vague reference to a 1980's movie, I think called platoon... where this line comes from... it went something like this....

how much?

10 dallwa... me sucky sucky... me give ooo everyting ooo wan...

everything?

everyting...

me sucky sucky, me love you long time")

ok, so if your still following me here... first she's a pimp... now shes making references to herself as a asian hooker... ok, so shes exceptionally good at degrading herself, but wait a second...

how can someone be a pimp, and ho at the same time?
kinda like the "what is the sound of one hand clapping" thing isnt it?

ok, forget it, next...

All my girls get down on the floor,
Back to back, drop it down real low.
I’m such a lady, but I’m dancing like a ho,

AAAAAhhh... one of the worst bits of rap ever... no.... just no.... your not a rapper.
come on now, dont try to be the "rapper girl", seriously madonna tried it... it was pathetic to see a yuppie white girl rapping then... its actually worse with you doing it now....
no, no... just dont.

just because you take words like "floor" and mispronounce them as "flow" doesnt mean it automatically rhymes with the word "low".
when I heard that part, I really just cringed, cause I could tell this song was gonna be really reallllllllly bad from there on in... and good ol' ferg delivers.

I suppose you want to hear about the line "I’m such a lady, but I’m dancing like a ho", cause you know... you just know I am itching to say something about it... but no.... let me get back to you on that one... cause this next part, is where the song goes from bad, to just "WTF are you thinking" land.

How come everytime you come around,
My London, London bridge, wanna go down like,
London, London, London, wanna go down like,
London, London, London, we goin’ down like…

you know, I am glad I am from america... cause if I was english, I think this part would actually offend me personally.
shes taking a childrens nursery rhyme, and one of the oldest landmarks on this planet...

the london bridge which has about a 1000 year history, for which the childerns nursery rhyme is based on, cause the bridge itself was built and destroyed many times over the centuries, from the first wood one, to the one now, that bridge has been destroyed many times over, by viking invaders, to great fires of 1100 and 1600 AD... and various other smaller fires over the centuries.
yet, the british have constantly rebuilt and maintained the bridge... and I think there would be some level of pride in that fact... that its over 1000 years old, and survived for so long with the people of englands determination to make it so...

and to have it turned into a cheap innuendo about some girl wanting to drop her pants everytime some guy comes around....

damn, what she gonna sing about next? I wanna swallow you like 9-11?

damn, whatever... ugh... glad I am not from england...

but lets get back to that sentance.

I’m such a lady, but I’m dancing like a ho

seriously, how?
how does she not see how many conflicting ideas she has in one song?
first shes a pimp? next she's a ho? now a ladyyyyyyyyy?

typically, a lady is a person of elegance, and class.
in the context of "being a lady" is a old term used for centuries to describe educated, well mannerd, mild temperd, stylish, upper class women that stood out from other women.
how such a term could be used today, I really dont know, since theres no severe division of class in society anymore, no royalty really.
rich people, are just people with alot of money now.
the idea of a "lady" in this context, doesn't really apply to todays society as we are now.

ok, so maybe I take the idea too literally, and think of how it would be used if I were say writing a book, in which I had to be accurate with my references.
so throwing accuracy aside...

lets just assume a "lady" means "class" "sophisicated" and things of this manner...

ya cant be a pimp... a ho... and a lady at the same time.
the closest you can come, is like a brothel Madame...
I think, haha...

its a sentance so damn stupid, that the complexity of arguements against such a idea, are overwhelming for many reasons... i can go on all day about it, cause its so vast in its ridiculousness, that my mind becomes boggled with the various ways this just sounds too damn dumb to believe it was actually said outloud.

on top of this... in video, she's acting like a skank, with a attitude... like a snob.
I swear I am gonna have a brain melt down, where my brain climbs out of ears and says "ok thats it, I am out of here", cause my eyes love the horror of watching such a disaster of a song get played... but my brain wants to kick my ass at the same time.

Grey goose got your girl feeling loose.
Now I’m wishin’ that I didn’t wear these shoes. (I hate heels)
It’s like everytime I get up on the dew,
Paparazzi put my business in the news.

ok, your an alcohic... ya must be, to think up crap this dumb... so I can forgive the idiocy up to this point...

but can I say one thing ferg?

since your always going up on stage... drunk... then peeing all over yourself... while your publicity agents put out a public press release, saying it's.... sweat....

I dont know whats worse... that you might be the nastiest girl on the planet, with a gross deformity where you can sweat only in your crotch... and it looks like pee...
or that your a drunk, that pees on herself on stage...

personally, I'd just admit it.. that I was a drunk and pee'd on myself.
its slightly less gross, then large amounts of sweat... only in your crotch... cause thats just a can of worms I dont even want to figure out.

(wanna see what I am talking about, go here http://www.bestweekever.tv/2005/08/01/adventures-in-trendsetting-fergies-uh-oh/ )

"ok god, lemme have it, bring on the 4 horsemen, cause this surely must be the 7th sign of the apocalypse... I dont see how things could get any worse, so bring it on".
 Joy.
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/3/2006 6:35:34 PM
Wow....I'm speechless.

Poor Fergie Ferg gettin' up on the dew.....

I have a feeling things can (and will) get worse. Just you wait and see.
 trevcda
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2006 12:16:03 PM
They certainly will- starting now!

As in "Black Eyed PEES"? LOL!

Sorry, couldn't resist the obvious one liner. Bad Trev! I'll go sit in my corner now....
 sierrabc
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/7/2006 12:54:25 PM
I know this is an old post but ....I have your MTV brain altering experience topped.....
I heard this song on the radio one day ...nearly drove off the road in my haste to change the station.....only to get home and find out my best friend ( or so I thought) AND my daughter had gone out and bought the CD........................................I have been in therapy since...
 brivan
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2006 1:03:35 PM
sigh..but i love the black eyed peas but that suck does suck and the video is just scary....usually love what they do......but i think every band should get one hideous song that we overlook and still enjoy them...now...more than that is different story....someone like prince..he has so many good songs but also so many unlistenable stuff.....
 Quiet Riot
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/8/2006 7:18:19 AM
I hurt cute, fuzzy, little animals after hearing this song, sorry, I couldn't help it......
 ladyluck555
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/9/2006 2:46:42 PM
OMG, Griffen thanks for making my day.......I hate that song and the BEP ... Kylie's "Can't Get You Outta My Head" runs a close second
 ladyvain
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/12/2006 10:33:13 AM
Griffin
The most truly disturbing aspect of the total bilge being spewed forth from the gaping maw of that repulsive and rather moronic bimbo is that in England they like it!
Noone is offended, noone except me and the last three remaining underground dwellers who haven't been snatched by the americano pod people!
Its all "Starbucks is amazing" and "I want to be like Britney" over here right now. Whilst I think America is a smashing country I really don't want to live there and it seems to me that we British have lost all sense of decorum, national pride and braincells in a desperate attempt to become Europes answer to Nowhereville USA.
My humps went down a storm, the newer ones are being downloaded from the net because they haven't entered the charts.
Do you guys get the ****cat dolls (I don't know if they are english or american or what).
Anyway they did one Dont cha (or words to that effect)
"Dont you wish your girlfriend was hot like me, don't you wish your girlfriend was a freak like me... don't cha"
And revoltingly decaying old slappers were sashaying round in their teenage daughters clothing mouthing these words for months. Shudder
I need to go pour Nitromorse into my ear in the hopes of forever burning the memory from my poor fragile mind.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 5:33:15 PM
Kate Perry's music from last year ranks up their, too. Its pretty rank alright.

TakingItSlow66
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/7/2009 9:54:47 AM
For maximum effect check out the Alanis Morrissette version on Youtube.
 Bry-Fidelity
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/7/2009 7:40:00 PM
Well, I browsed this post and I think I'm alone on this one. Although I found the OP to be hilarious with his description I think the irony is the songs aren't supposed to be taken seriously. I love hip hop songs like that because they aren't trying to be gangsta. Before you had rap that required bulletholes, momma loving thugs and momma killing daddies you had legit rappers who just wrote fun lyrics that enjoyed the medium as a musical form. You had the Beastie Boys who liked to party, DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince who ran from Freddy Krueger and you had Biz Markie who taught us not to trust the "Just A Friend" line. As Run D.M.C. would say "It's tricky to rock a rhyme that's right on time!" so that in itself is the charm of a hip hop song. I think the BEP lyrics are great sillyness for pop radio in which they are aimed! I think if Fergie or BEP read this post they would laugh just like Fergie did when Alanis did an "ironic" spoof of it. They aren't out to make pretentious, conceptual, philisophical change the world one ego centric song at a time music. Leave that to Bono or Radiohead! So "just relax and "Bust a Move" guys!
 mascot1
Msg: 69
Posted: 3/2/2009 5:40:53 PM
Man, that is the funniest post I have read in SOO long!!!! At least now while that song plays by memory in my head from reading this, I thank you for giving me a great laugh to stick with it!
 itsmeaaron
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2009 8:16:29 AM
that gwen stefani song about spelling out the word "bananas" is right up there as well.
but at least gwen stefani, didn't piss herself on stage. lol.
 cobaltblu
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2009 7:48:09 PM
I haven't read much more of this thread-so forgive me is someone else already set the record straight...but

"how much?

10 dallwa... me sucky sucky... me give ooo everyting ooo wan...

everything?

everyting...

me sucky sucky, me love you long time"

Is from "Full Metal Jacket" one of the Best Movies of All Time (according to ME!) :)
And "My Humps" is the worst song of all time. I can laugh at "London Bridge"...I can laugh at Milli Vanilli...I can laugh (while cringing/feeling ill) at Avirl Lavigne...Celine Dion..many others....but I cannot even bring myself to laugh/be amused at the level of stupidity that went into "My Humps"...it seriously angers me.
Ppl think metal makes ppl violent!? No no no...Metallica makes me happy! It is good music!! "My Humps" makes me wish I was deaf.
 Peachez26
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/5/2009 12:46:29 AM
I really like that song, but then again I like songs like Yeah by Usher, the donkey song by will.i.am. Haha the kind of songs everyone hates I listen to. I dont know why but I do. Im a sucker for a good beat.
 JohnEclectic
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/5/2009 1:23:20 AM
Yeah... Black Eyed Peas went from a respectable Hip-Hop group to just another Pop group. Flava Flav went from Public Enemy to a self-mocking sell-out. Police cars went from KRS-ONE to Lil' Wayne. And people wonder why other people say Hip-Hop is Dead.

Well it's true that it did die...
...then it resurrected Underground!!!!
haha
 mrnova66
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/12/2011 7:21:18 PM
I listen to this group for the first time during the Super Bowl halftime show...You got to be kidding me!!!!What a joke..I hear this generation how good they are before i watch them..Talk about a fad.....Because they do not have no talent what so ever..Along with the other 99.99999% of the crap that is out there..I am so lucky to live through the 70s and 1980s..This generation missed out...Heck this generation did not see MTV(1981-1986)..In 1987 was the beginning of the end of MTV..By 1990 MTV was gone..Black eye peas..Another POS group....
 ladykizmet
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/18/2011 10:29:12 AM
I know. I was mortified when I first understood the lyrics. She is going to be sooooo embarrassed when she gets older and has kids old enough to understand music. Seriously. When this song came out I was tending bar in a very cool dive. I wouldn't let customers play it on my shift....it's very gross and an insult to men and women everywhere.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > And The Most Hideous Song Of This Decade Goes To "Black Eye Peas" for "My Humps"