Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you date a man if he was unemployed and living with his parents?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MistaPepperZ
Msg: 251
Would you date a man if he was unemployed and living with his parents?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Oh, but you know so many females around here are just going to say, "Oh, it's not about the money or social status but about the heart." Blah, I wish everybody would just be honest and say they don't want a broke mofo.
 cutieliscious
Msg: 252
Would you date a man if he was unemployed and living with his parents?
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:47:07 PM
honestly, i would prefer it if he werent broke! but the question is:
"would u date an unemployed man living with his parents?"

my answer is yes, i would, and yes, i have.

ive also dated rich guys too. the broke guy was a sweetheart and the rich ones were morons - and neurotic to boot. i prefer the nice man with a sweet smile, sincere, and good-hearted, who loves me, to all the rich f*cktards in the world. but im old school. i cant even believe this is a thread topic is so fecking stoopid. who the hell cares? its a dumb question. because in a persons whole life they can be up down rich poor sideways backwards and crosswise -nothing is certain in life - and real love is hard enough to find without having all kinds of lame stoopid requirements. just find the person u like and get em. actually i think this is a lame thread.
 jersey-girl84
Msg: 253
Posted: 5/16/2009 10:37:44 PM
I would if he had a good reason. I still live at home and I am 24...but I am also finishing up at college. So I wouldn't mind it if he was in school too, or was taking care of parents or something. If it's just laziness, then theres no excuse.
 robbo71
Msg: 254
Posted: 5/17/2009 1:53:03 AM
R.E. onehelluvawomen-wow folks,the really disturbing thing is that according to her profile is that she considers herself " warm hearted &caring" ......absolutely unbelievable in this day and age!!....is this some type of joke!!
 teena_weena_2000
Msg: 255
Posted: 5/17/2009 6:19:33 AM
robbo yeah i really believe from your scruffy looking pic in a $5 black tshirt that you are independently wealthy. you are verbally abusive to any woman with an opinion that is different than yours plus state you only date women above averge in looks and thin or athletic. you are neither of those things yourself. even if you were attractive physically, you are a very ugly person inside. it must be exhausting to harbor all that negativivity. hateful people like that really have no business in these forums that are about expressing opinions without bashing others. the fact that you find it unbelievable or a joke that someone is 'warm hearted & caring' is just one more thing that shows that you have no idea what that means. now you can pick apart my profile like you have others and attempt to bash me, but you shouldn't waste your time. your opinion doesn't matter to me or anyone living in reality.
 AliciaH
Msg: 256
Posted: 5/17/2009 12:34:24 PM
i think that there always exceptions. what if the person was injured? what if in the present economy there just wasn't work available. granted if a guy just sits there not doing anything there a problem, but dont assume thats the words unemployed and home with mom and dad are the full picture
 robbo71
Msg: 257
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:33:00 PM
weena,i dont think you will ever find happiness with a man for many reasons....judging by your profile you seem to have this modern capitalist (as pointed out earlier by an intelligent non conformist) approach to dating and finding a partner....why all the conditions ie theres no excuse for anyone whos employed to be still living with parents after the age of 24 etc,etc,yadda,yadda...i can tell by all this that you have ABSOLUTELY no life experience/skills other than trying to make guys carry all your expectations of financial stability!...who says guys should NOT live with parents to be worthy of an out of touch egoist like yourself? to me, girls like you are the reason why guys end up acting like arseholes to try to impress you with wealth etc ,its because you set impossible standards,as theres always someone wealthier,more handsome etc,so guys figure if they cant just be themselves to get girls there must be another reason why they dont get attractive women and logically come to the conclusion that its a status thing (which it is of course)....the op and girls like you stand for everything that is wrong with this world in terms of how men act in order to "impress" a women they find attractive....one more thing...your cluelessness is further highlighted by your comment about my "cheap t shirt" well, weena,you show your longing for material items by feeling that i cant be wealthy as i only have acheap t shirt on in my profile picture!!...its called being in touch with what counts and what doesnt,i do not need to act wealthy as i actually am deary!!
 rtfoh
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2009 11:49:26 AM
At what age would it be concidered for a person (guy or girl) to be outta their parents house? what about if they are in school? i live 15 minutes from town, make decent money while going to school but i still live with my parents. is 25 too much? 22?20? i've always wondered that
 mirabelle13
Msg: 259
Posted: 5/22/2009 9:03:16 AM
Unemployed can mean several things. It can mean self employed, business owner, or lazy. It can also mean having a hard time for a few months. It's all in the circumstances.

As far as living at home with parents, Is one of them sick? Do they need their son/daughter to help them or does the son/daughter need them because he/she can't get it together? It really comes down to each situation. In other cultures, it's expected that children live with their parents and take care of them.

Face it, there will always be people who want a free ride, both male and female. There are also people who are having a rough time. Living at home at 25 is different from living at home when you're 55. I've been on my own for so long now, I don't think I could ever go home, even if I wanted to.

Consider the person, not the circumstances.
 marita_b
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2009 12:32:31 PM
mirabelle13

Consider the person, not the circumstances .

couldn't have said it better,....my son still lives with me,...(well on paper anyway) and on the days he's not with the girlfriend,....for a long time I thought it was in fact to help me because of some of my health issues,.....

Then last week after about a week at the girlfriends,....he told me he missed me and our casual life style,....by that he meant pressure free,....because in my life nothing is sheduled we eat when we are hungry and not because a clock tells us to,....we talk about anything and everything, and we never ever fight about anything,....ever!
 teena_weena_2000
Msg: 261
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:12:30 PM
LOL at the above comments about me. I think it's funny how bent out of shape some people can get just because of the standards we hold. We all have them, but what is important to one person may not be to the next. Dating is about finding what you're looking for. Get over the hurt feelings when you're rejected. Having a standard of dating someone with a job who can support himself does not mean you are egotistical or any of the other ridiculous insults spouted out by some on here. It simply means we want a big boy without a curfew who can stand on his own two feet.
 soma01
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:24:42 PM
well ive currently lost my appartment,my new truck,due to big 3 .my work only works us 3- 4 days aweek IT IS HARD. ihave 2 children i pay child support for 1200.00 a month and have been forced to move back in with parents.and i should be getting laid off in next 2 weeks so i hope that is a good enough reason
 katt_411
Msg: 263
Posted: 5/22/2009 8:07:46 PM
Would I date a man if he was unemployed, and living with his parents? I wouldn't even date myself under those circumstances as I'd be too busy looking for work to get away from my parents...
 ShadowGal4u
Msg: 264
Posted: 5/23/2009 2:53:57 PM
depends on their circumstances as to why. if they simply haven't gotten around to getting a job and moving out then i would not bother. i don't mind being supportive i just don't want to be the only doing the supporting.

now, the economy as it is, if they had a job and lost it or were laid off.....yes, i would still date them. even if they lived at home.

times are far from cheap and living on your own is very expensive. finding a decent steady job in these rough times can be hard.

just depends on the person and their circumstances.
 **Old_Soul**
Msg: 265
Posted: 12/18/2009 1:46:27 PM
i will say this, its very sad t o hear ladies and some men be so judgemental, pretty pathetic dating has become a job interview. No more care free times in getting to know someone no matter status but its all about what they do and where they live what car you drive...society has truly gone under. i dont wanna hear any i only want what best for me bullshit ..ok to a degree but not about status in life..i geuss fairytales start young for the dreamers..too much boob tube than actually being out there in reality!
 sweetness-one
Msg: 266
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2009 2:18:05 PM

ok to a degree but not about status in life..i geuss fairytales start young for the dreamers..too much boob tube than actually being out there in reality!

Actually, in reality the fact is that most people DO need to have employment of some sort, to survive. I hardly think wanting a partner who is employed correlates in any way to being about status in life.

Frankly, I think every able-bodied adult who is capable of working, should be working. If jobs are scarce, then do whatever one must, take whatever job they can find as a stop-gap.

And, I hate to say it but, about 90% of the people (both male and female) that I've known, who say they are living at home to look after ailing parents? In the 10% of cases that it's true, I applaud them whole-heartedly. Unfortunately, it's been my experience that in about 90% of those cases, nothing could be further from the truth, they are just mooching.
 Darknight1984
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2009 11:35:31 AM
weena it is not just every standards people have problems it is the silly ones people make where they prejudge people
 RobertKoi
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2009 5:16:19 PM
This thread was started 4 years ago and since then things have changed a lot and people lose their jobs everywhere. If this downward spiral continues, a better question would be: would you date a man/woman with no roof over his/her head?
 jeciuzamaki
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2009 7:17:51 PM
women over 20? thats mean...lol but ima answer anyway....
yes i would because you never know a persons situation. he has to atleast be trying (seriously not faking it) because i need a man not a boy.
 Gallimaestro
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2009 5:37:24 PM
And, I hate to say it but, about 90% of the people (both male and female) that I've known, who say they are living at home to look after ailing parents? In the 10% of cases that it's true, I applaud them whole-heartedly. Unfortunately, it's been my experience that in about 90% of those cases, nothing could be further from the truth, they are just mooching.

I was in this 10% part. My dad passed away when I was 15, so it was me, sister, and my mom. She worked small simple sit in jobs to cover her medication and I basically covered bills and food while my older sister covered rent. About a few months ago she stopped working when her health was at a sharp decline. It was rough though because I know that despite me telling someone "She lives with us because she's old" they probably didn't believe me anyway. Dating for me was near impossible thanks to this stigma. My mom passed away Feb 09' so I guess I don't have to worry about being labeled a momma's boy anymore.

After I got my bachelors the career field I was getting into was becoming bleak with the numerous layoffs and outsourcing so I'm living with my sister + brother in law until I'm back on my feet again. Kind of frustrating that the hourly wages can't keep up with cost of living, or maybe Arizona just sucks that much.
 dtcdude
Msg: 271
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2009 7:45:07 PM
There are many unemployed singles due to the current economic downturn. Does a person give up dating because they are unemployed? There's actually a new web site for unemployed singles. http://www.funemployedsingles.com
 phoenixxx2008
Msg: 272
Posted: 12/24/2009 7:56:02 PM
People live at home for alot of reasons so I would say it's unfair to judge without knowing the situation. As for not having a job - well I have had my current job for over a year but spent THREE years after a major layoff where my job of 12 years was gone in a flash due to a bankruptcy company. This is a BAD time people - I am a hard working responsible person and it took me three years to find a job I can say I want to keep, completely out of my old field. I have friends from the same layoff still looking - no one has any savings left, some have lost homes... I now have a different perspective on people who are jobless.

I agree with other posters that #1 priority should be to FIND a job rather than a date, but you do have to try & live your life at the same time - so spending time with someone can still be important. Dating doesn't have to be expensive either. I just think you have to get to know someone before you judge them to be unworthy!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you date a man if he was unemployed and living with his parents?