Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you date a man if he was unemployed and living with his parents?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CuddleWithMeForever
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Would you date a man if he was unemployed and living with his parents?Page 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
"The girls in this thread are arrogant & "Career Women." In other words, their s__t doesn't stink, according to them. All they care about is how much money a guy makes. Did they ever pay for a date? "

Gee Frank? generalize much? or just choose to read what you choose to read and not everything that was posted? I, along with several others said it depended on the circumstances and that it may not deter us from seeing what could develop. Also the last meeting I had from here, he was in between jobs and couldn't really afford to go out so YES I did pay for dinner.

"Hopefully, they will get fired for being incompetent at their jobs. Most of them can "show up" at a jobsite which does not mean that they are ABLE or COMPETENT to do the job. I've met many women who are incompetent. Besides, being women, they have the "option" of either staying home or going to work. If they choose to stay home society does NOT degrade them. They're considered a woman who stays at home or is a homeperson. However, if a man stays at home, he's considered a bum, no matter what forces him to stay at home. That's what is known as the "DOUBLE STANDARD. " "

Nice hopes for people you don't even know. For your information I was a single mom for 18 years. Raised my kids with no child support and no help from any other man for that matter. I worked 2 or 3 jobs, whatever it took to do what needed to be done. So please, have your opinions if you want to, just don't point them at ALL women. We are not all the same just as not all men are the same. There are good AND bad in both genders. If I judged all men by what a few have done to me I would become a lesbian I swear LOL.

Oh and good luck to you getting any woman good or bad to contact you after showing your true colors here.
 CuddleWithMeForever
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Would you date a man if he was unemployed and living with his parents?
Posted: 8/26/2008 4:40:12 AM
Oh and by the way Frank!! I not only show up at my job but I CAN and DO do a very good job. In fact, I am the only woman in my department and I have the highest performance evaluation my boss has ever given out, so yes some of us CAN do the job and do it right!!
 ralphmyster
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2008 4:51:51 AM
Let me make this very simple..NOT NO BUT HELL NO! Goes for a woman 2.
 ellie_63
Msg: 179
Posted: 8/26/2008 5:49:37 AM
I'm not sure how old you girls are asking this question. But your answer SHOULD be not only no, but hell no......never.........NFW.....No exceptions.
 Wreckin Ball
Msg: 180
Posted: 8/26/2008 6:04:02 AM
Are you kidding me? lol how old is dude? you're either going to get arrested or hit up for the bill either one (lol)
 vrb1955
Msg: 181
Posted: 8/26/2008 6:31:33 AM
Three Rules When Looking For A Partner

No matter what age you are

You Can't Be

Homeless
Helpless
Useless
 gageund
Msg: 182
Posted: 8/26/2008 6:40:24 AM
What about his situation. What if he is driven, does have goals. The average American is only two paychecks away from homelessness. A lay off can cripple someone. It is hard out there as well with this job recession. I was a corporate guy working for the nations largest medical company of its kind. I lost my job. Bills and responsibilities did not stop. It took me 113 resumes later to become employed again. I am by no stretch any kind of loser. I am actually a great guy, the kind that is honest, old fashioned, and caring the kind that women all want to settle down with when they are done chasing the jerks, or the pocketbook. I am also honest about rebuilding my life. look into the whole picture and not the whole pocketbook or you may just miss something great.
 CuddleWithMeForever
Msg: 183
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2008 6:49:51 AM
Very well stated gageund!!!

There are many many reasons that people could be going through hard times and to just discard them without knowing, a person could very well be missing out on someone special! You have a great attitude!!

Tamm
 John39carp
Msg: 184
Posted: 8/26/2008 8:00:07 AM
I am so glad some women on this forum are showing there true colors. Allot of men say allot of bad things about women, But after reading this forum, I realize some women are Just going on 18, WE ARE OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL LADIES.

Just for you info, those checks the goverment are/is mailing out, I wont get one. Know why. I made too much money as single guy Owning his Own company, How you do think I'm surviving............................. Grow up d*M, some repeat SOME of you women (GIRLS) need to grow up and realize LIFE is to short for GAMES, and im so Glad You wont be emailing me WASTING MY TIME... and for the REAL LADIES out there, I'm sorry if upset you at all.
 EagleEric
Msg: 185
Posted: 8/26/2008 8:05:56 AM
Hey what's wrong with you woman? The poor guy needs you to take care of him. Remember charity begins in the home (his)!

The Eagle
 klu_4_u
Msg: 186
Posted: 8/27/2008 10:47:31 AM
I do not know , nor do I profess to know everything there is to know about relationships. I did this once personally and it was the biggest disaster of my entire life and I regret it every day that passes.
For me I can only make logical decisions based on the information at hand. If the person has a good reason for his situation but has a PLAN to get out of his situation and is WORKING towards this, then maybe he may be worth a shot. To me it's all about the qualities in a person that you look for.
To me the point of dating is to CHOOSE a LIFE PARTNER. To choose someone in that situation to be my partner will essentially be AN ACT OF HOPE/FAITH/CHARITY. I will only choose an act of faith if I believe in this person and their abilities that I have had the chance to see, otherwise I would logically be wary.
 2nd_Chakra
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2008 9:48:49 AM
It's highly unlikely I would ever date such a man. This is because I tend to attract people who have a high internal locus of control, i.e. people who are very proactive and conscious and refuse to be victims of circumstance.

There were a few moments in my adult life when I was tempted to go live with mom, but instead, I got creative and summoned my inner fortitude to make things happen for myself - taking on 2/3 jobs at a time, whatever it took. And I don't believe that's a matter of pride, as one poster mentioned. That's a matter of discovering what you're really made of by challenging yourself to stand on your own two feet PRECISELY in those moments when you'd rather retreat into disempowering behaviors/relationships such as re-attaching to mom loooong after the breastmilk has dried up.

I am attracted to guys who believe in themselves THAT much, guys who aren't just willing to take the easier path of running back to mama when times get hard. It's one thing to have healthy support of family and friends during rough times, it's another thing entirely to be enabled. I see virtually no reason for a person to be living with parents AND unemployed at the same time. That's a complete waste of space and life. There's always McDonalds (but how many of those guys would be too proud for that? Hmmmm...), there's always work around the house to be done (mowing the lawn, washing dishes, clearing clutter), there's always a way to be productive (even if one's mobility/eyesight/hearing is limited).

I have too much respect for folks to entertain their bulls#%t. I know what kind of greatness we're capable of when we put our intention to something, circumstances be damned. That is why the "reasons" (i.e. bulls#%t) we all come up with from time to time for why we're not living a fulfilling life (whatever that means for different people) ring hollow to my ears.
 cassandrat2001
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2008 10:21:33 AM
no way! that does not show responsibility or independence at all. i want a man who is more mature than that. i mean lets say he just got in a bad car wreck & couldnt work & moved in w/the rents 4 a little bit or something that is 1 thing but if he just does not choose to work & lives at home no thx not what i would want in a guy
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 189
Posted: 9/4/2008 11:20:59 AM

Ok, let paint a picture for you all.

39, massive heart attack, open heart surgery, and and a good guy, Had his own consturction company before he got sick, (up to the momment he dropped dead) out of work for 6 months, Gee wonder who it could be, Had to move back to Moms cause he dropped dead 2 other times and couldnt live alone, doctors orders. Wonder I wonder what woman are gonna say to this gentleman, who just happens to be

ME,

And with my company about to make a million dollars gross rev. this year also,

Point, there are good guys out there and women who sometimes dont have a choice on how hard luck hits them, and if women want to look at that as just no job and no home, then to me there NOT WORTH IT AND WHAT COMES AROUND,GOES AROUND,

No, I wont get my comapny back, nor will I be living here much longs, its been 7 months now having open heart surgery sept first, (yes on a holiday also) so why i been at moms for 7 months now,

there are reasons, and if women can't find a reason to look past it, there lose

But most case of unemploy and live with parents are not like this. Yes there are exception. Is not black and white and there are people with good reason to live with parents. Typing a long example to prove this is pointless, I believe every body know this.

These unemploy threads are about people who are lazy or lack ambition. If you do not fit that category, no one is talk about you.
 Invictus01
Msg: 190
Posted: 9/4/2008 11:26:51 AM

Musikmaster, I agree with you fully! The girls in this thread are arrogant & "Career Women." In other words, their s__t doesn't stink, according to them. All they care about is how much money a guy makes. Did they ever pay for a date? Hopefully, they will get fired for being incompetent at their jobs. Most of them can "show up" at a jobsite which does not mean that they are ABLE or COMPETENT to do the job. I've met many women who are incompetent. Besides, being women, they have the "option" of either staying home or going to work. If they choose to stay home society does NOT degrade them. They're considered a woman who stays at home or is a homeperson. However, if a man stays at home, he's considered a bum, no matter what forces him to stay at home. That's what is known as the "DOUBLE STANDARD. "

Dude, have a kid and stay at home! It's easy, all guys do that!
 schremf
Msg: 191
Posted: 9/9/2008 1:43:06 PM
FOR ALL THE FEMALES THAT DID REPLY (OR WILL) TO THIS THREAD:
JUST THINK IF MEN WERE TO HAVE THE SAME ATTITUDE ,WE WOULDN'T
GO OUT WITH HALF THE AMOUNT OF WOMEN.
I'VE ALWAYS NOTICED THAT MEN WILL TAKE ON RESPONSIBILITIES
(WOMEN WITH NEEDS OR THOSE THAT CAN NOT MAKE IT ON THEIR OWN,SOME EVEN BORDERLINE RETARDED)IT'S CALLED "COMPROMISE".
I'D LIKE TO SEE MORE WOMEN "COMPROMISE" IN SUCH A WAY.
IT'S VERY SIMPLE,MEN WANT ATTENTION,AND NOT JUST SEXUAL.
WOMEN WANT SECURITY (MONEY) AND ATTENTION. OH YEAH,DID I MENTION MONEY?
 fancynanci
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2008 3:50:21 PM
I work very hard - 40-60 hrs a week. I expect a man to be as ambitious as I am.
 flybeta
Msg: 193
Posted: 9/9/2008 7:24:20 PM
yeah its better for the guy to lie his ass off like most and not be honest, then to tell a girl he lives with his parents.
 DarkCobra
Msg: 194
Posted: 9/16/2008 5:51:32 PM
I say no and please stay away from the lazy man. A potential suitor must bring something to the table. A personal must have limits, checks, and operating standard procedures (SOP's) when it comes to dating. These rules of engagement must stand for something if not the person will fall for anything.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 195
Posted: 9/16/2008 8:07:21 PM
I might, it would depend on MANY things. Too many to list. But material or superficial things are NOT what determine whether I will date someone or not.
 piscescoda
Msg: 196
Posted: 9/16/2008 8:10:23 PM
If you can date, you can work.
If you aren't working, you have more pressing things to be doing than dating.
 booboo44
Msg: 197
Posted: 9/17/2008 8:28:22 AM
Well I wouldn't, but I will tell you something for anecdotical sake.

My brother was one of those guys who, at 23, had no job, dressed in black and lead a rock band. My dad would urge him and yell: "Why don't you go for a job?!!!", to which he would respond: "What if I found one?".
His now wife, who back then had already a killer job and a phd in Marketing, must've saw a diamond in the rough in him, for she married him anyways (10 years ago). He is now, at 34, CEO of a telecommunications company with branches in Europe, USA and SouthAmerica, running the show from Miami.

So I dont know whether there is an exception to any rule, or maybe its just a matter of age. After 25, however, its a deal breaker I think.
 lifesabeach63
Msg: 198
Posted: 9/17/2008 8:36:28 AM
I just got out of a relationship with a 60 year old man who continues to live with his mother. I know the circumstances as to why he is living with her and I didn't have a problem with it.
 *~*Royal Majesty*~*
Msg: 199
Posted: 9/17/2008 10:08:31 AM
Unemployed AND Living with Parents? Never!

However, if the person was taking care of his Parents because of medical reasons, etc, AND he was employed, then I would understand.
 toots1981
Msg: 200
Posted: 9/17/2008 3:49:41 PM
I guess it depends on the situation. E.g. if he had recently been made redundant (this seems to be happening a lot in this climate) and HAD to move back in with his parents. But if he was, say, 30 and unemployed and had never been away from home... I don't think so. I moved out when I was 18 and I live on my own, I can't imagine still living with my parents.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Would you date a man if he was unemployed and living with his parents?