Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Stretch Marks, TurnOn? Or Gross Out.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sassynurse77
Msg: 101
Stretch Marks, TurnOn? Or Gross Out.Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
stretch marks are a part of life sometimes
 longarm2
Msg: 102
Stretch Marks, TurnOn? Or Gross Out.
Posted: 11/7/2005 7:29:09 PM
Its not about being fair or whatever, and who said all girls were pregnant when they ha it.

its simply, if you look at it, does it turn you off? And the answers for most people, is hell yes its disgusting. It looks like someone got beaten by a whip.

And some men shave their balls
 shore66
Msg: 103
Posted: 11/7/2005 8:03:06 PM

if you look at it, does it turn you off? And the answers for most people, is hell yes its disgusting

So a 19 year old has the wisdom and experience to speak for "most people?"

My suggestion for these guys is to be sure to put in their profiles that they "find stretch marks disgusting." (Maybe POF could have it as a standard question!) It might narrow their options somewhat, but they would never have to waste their time with someone who isn't up to their standards of perfection.

And we women wouldn't waste our time with guys who are as shallow as a gnat's navel.
 grplaman
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/8/2005 7:19:45 AM
My mother was 98 lbs when she married dad.......and with the first 3 children.....she never got over 110lbs. The next 2, she got a little bigger-but always went back to being 98 pounds. But, when my mother had the last 2.....she gained a lot of weight! Boy did she fill-out! Dad was happy! Because, she went from a A cup..to a 36 DD-big girl!

But, she then went on a diet and lost all her weight and finally settled with 100 pounds. I think dad cried! But after, seeing all the stretch marks-she gained weight again and is now,at a happy at 160lb. She says the stretch marks are almost invisible! Unfortunatly, dads not with her no more.............because now, his head would explode,.I bet! So, won't he be happy to see her again-when she goes!

shelbe
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/8/2005 1:10:16 PM
Some of you people on here are so f*cking shallow.Get any man/woman naked and you are sure to find at least one stretch mark on him/her.However big or small.I have some faint stretch marks on my stoumach,thighs and breasts.OK,i wish i never had them but they are a result of having two beautiful children,therefor im proud of them in a kind of way.I read on here someone call them 'Love lines'.I totally agree.To say that stretch marks are gross is going a bit to far.There not ideal,but its life.
 aluckychance2004
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 4:40:09 PM
True, stretch marks are a part of life, but wrinkly skin, saggy boobs and man boobies are a part of life too, but do you women testifying why stretch marks are beautiful think all of the prior mentioned flaws are beautiful? The post was "are stretch marks a turn on or a turn off to you?" The post was not "are stretch marks a part of life or are they just for losers?"

Get a grip.
 aluckychance2004
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 4:42:25 PM
True, stretch marks are a part of life, but wrinkly skin, saggy boobs and man boobies are a part of life too, but do you women testifying why stretch marks are beautiful think all of the prior mentioned flaws are beautiful? The post was "are stretch marks a turn on or a turn off to you?" The post was not "are stretch marks a part of life or are they just for losers?"

Get a grip.
 thejamiecat
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/8/2005 4:48:24 PM

If women can past a wrinkly hairy scrotum, surely men can get past strech marks.

haha too true my friend, too true
 honestly_over_your_knee
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/8/2005 5:11:28 PM
Are stretch marks a turn on? Well, that might be pushing it a tad, but are they gross? Not at all. Stretch marks are the result of a lack of elasticity in the skin. Now, if one is proned to such a problem things like pregnancy, sudden weight gain and the like will create stretch marks - generally a purple hue at first and will fade with time. Do I have a few? Sure...most of us do. Minor details...if you can't love me past a childhood growth spurt than point your way towards the door! I find it particularily distressing that a guy might view his girl's stretch marks as "disgusting" as the mother of his children. In my utopic little world, a man should consider the woman of his children in the highest regard, whether they ultimately stay together or not. There is no greater gift than that of a child, in my opinion.
 Crazy?
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/8/2005 6:00:45 PM
Are stretch marks gross, absolutely not. No one chooses to have them. I have them so what, when my ex got pregnant I went from 130 to 200. Ha Ha yeah sympathy weight. No big deal life goes on. Turn on or turn off, tell you the truth I don't even notice them on women. Life isn't all about appearances. Life is about living, and enjoying everything you have or don't have.
 Blondeamazon
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/10/2005 8:03:01 PM
I dont have a problem with havin stretch marks at all. Hell i got four beautifull children ..I will be the big 4-0 next yr and after four kids i think i look bloody great........If some guy had a problem with a few stretch marks i would just kick his (_)_) to the curb I agree thats a very shallow remark about stretch marks being destable...
 Melissanicole
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/10/2005 8:09:59 PM
People are being shallow. I guess its all relative.

I was fortunate enough not to get them, but instead had a 10 week premature baby. I dont see the big deal. I have seen girls who had very bad damage to their tummies from pregnancy, btwn stretched skin and marks. I'm talking abotu the point where no amount of excersize would work. Poor girl had her baby at 18 too. I feel bad, but hey, shes more then tummy skin. Im sure plenty of guys would love her just the way she is.
 shelbi1971
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/10/2005 11:07:39 PM
don't think I'm shallow, I also think scabs and scars are ugly, but everyone gets them, I don't obsess with having them, I just like smooth clear skin.

You know to start throwing in scars are ugly.. that is someones life, someones pain and recovery and those show they for whatever reasons went through and survived it! My best friend's daughters first surgery was at the age of 3 and has quite a few after that.. she has one big scar in the outer and inner thigh and it will always be there! So, now that is ugly and makes her ugly???

To get these stretch marks I brought two wonderful kids into this world while I was still a kid! My daughter has some of her own now too.. and she is in no way gross!!

If life is about smooth skin.. good luck! The day will come when you will have skin tags, warts, and large lumps of just nasty brown growth on you.. it is called aging... enjoy what every body has to offer.. a new adventure everytime! What is the saying about skin deep?
 killerwolf69
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/10/2005 11:11:49 PM
Not really a turn on....not really a turn off....kinda in the middle as well..
But I do know this....if a woman has stretch marks you know she's put out before......GO Get Her Tiger!!!!
 callendargirl
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/10/2005 11:21:18 PM
i think it is time we all grow up!

maybe i should show you the scar on my knee that is now about 40 years old when i fell when i was 7! guess that would turn some of you off too.

for god sakes........... go get a blow up gal! you deserve each other!
 *~Shells~*
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/11/2005 12:00:23 AM
Never really considered them to be a turn on or off..

Like scars.. they are the road maps of life..

Like it or Lump it!

dbndon
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2005 6:20:28 AM
Someone actually acted embarrassed about her stretch marks with me once. I just smiled at her and said that I’ll be happy to pet her stretch marks if she doesn’t worry about all those little scars that make my body look somewhat like a roadmap when I get out of the shower. LOL
 Missy~H
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/13/2005 4:14:53 AM
i look like an atlas with my stretch marks after having my son lol. took me a long time to accept them, but see it now as the proudest thing to show on my body. my body created life.
 jrguitar23
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/13/2005 4:26:02 AM
For me, stretch marks are inconsequential. They make no difference whatsoever.
 Tinkle
Msg: 120
Posted: 11/13/2005 6:10:06 AM
"I think the offense came in with the use of the word 'detestable'. 'Not a turn-on' is one thing. 'A turn-off' is a turn-off.. no big deal. But the implication that women with stretch marks should be detested -- yeah, some folks got offended."

Ah, ya I can see how. Musta missed that post.
 clazzy15
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/13/2005 7:50:49 AM
is there anyone out there that is perfect??? Im doubting so...just be comfortable with who you are and what you have. My stretch marks are due to watching, feeling, and seeing my children grow inside of me and if that is my gift from them...i'll take it!! Cause they were worth it!
 clazzy15
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/13/2005 7:54:16 AM
If you think stretch marks are bad god forbid how you will feel when you are 80 yrs old!! My advice is you had better learn acceptance and see beauty from within or you are never gonna get it and you will be grossed out and alone forever lol. Being a nurse I have had the opportunity to see what lifes changes can do to a body. Good luck all
 shelbi1971
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/13/2005 9:49:39 PM
And I also a nurse can totally relate.. I work geriatrics.. I see first hand everyday where are bodies are going.. not all are bad.. as everyone is different! But things go south pretty darn quick!!
 michelle82
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/13/2005 11:41:55 PM
How's this for sexy.....I'm due to have my baby on the 26th of this month....now not only have stretch marks all over ass, back and tummy....now have them starting on my ankles from being swollen.....SEXY MAMA!!!!

Eat ur heart out men...LMAO
 amberbrechey
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/13/2005 11:47:31 PM
I got lucky and dont have any but alot of woman do I dont feel they are disgusting I think it makes them human and a MOM . Remember guys we got those stretch marks because you wouldnt go to bed that night just HADDDDD to get lucky hu . Lol no but really its normal no big deal some look better than others but we did get the stretch marks while carrying A LIVING CHILD INSIDE OF AND THEN SQUEEZING IT OUT WHILE YOU WATCHED . cough cough ok done venting .
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Stretch Marks, TurnOn? Or Gross Out.