Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 amasweetheart2
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I think crooked teeth are sexy. But teeth with sweaters on them... Hmmm. I don't know if I could make out with that. If your friend continues to see him, she will know him long enough to ask him personal questions and to scope out his bathroom to see if he even OWNS a toothbrush!! Sometimes teeth get blackend from smoking cigarrettes. The yellow stuff is anybody's guess. Tell your friend to use some reverse psychology. Tell her to act like she has a toothache. Keep whining and complaining about it. Tell boyfriend she is too scared to go to a dentist. Ask who he goes to. Tell bf that she won't go unless he goes too. All of this should open up a lot of conversation about dental hygiene. Make him go in first. How old is this guy? Divorced? Do you think he hasn't noticed???
 Tinkle
Msg: 27
Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?
Posted: 11/9/2005 3:32:19 AM
I don't think anyone was saying people should have perfect teeth. This guy has infected gums etc. Decayed teeth so bad it's black. He's going to be in pain if he isn't already. We don't know if it's genetic or laziness. I assume neither. A dentist is a must for this guy either way, unless he wants to lose his teeth, or be in pain, don't have the money. Plus, he would look better. I'm not a dentist, but you don't have to be to know that.

As far as crooked teeth. The biggest love of my life had a real bad crooked tooth, if not more than one. She got picked on about it, but I didn't see anything at all wrong with it. She ended up getting it fixed. I haven't seen her since she told me about getting work done.
 buccaneer38
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2005 4:09:56 AM
There are women out there with nasty teeth too ya know and I (being a man) wouldn't date a woman with nasty teeth, because if she doesn't take care of her teeth, what else in her hygene is she forgetting about as well.

I will say however; that if she is missing a few, but the ones that she has, she keeps clean, then it could just be a DNA thing, and in my case, I guess that it all depends on which ones she is missing and if she is in the process of getting implants etc. Tracy (buccaneer38)
 The Fat Man
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/9/2005 4:13:03 AM
Her teeth, would atleast have to look a little better than that... It would ruin the mood...
 mustangsally1273
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2005 4:30:11 AM
" But teeth with sweaters on them... Hmmm. I don't know if I could make out with that."

No breakfast today...I don't think I can even wear my sweater now!!! BLAH!
 cupcake25
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/9/2005 9:18:40 AM
It's not SHALLOW at all. why does wanting someone to take care of their teeth shallow? Look I got a little gap, and i'm sure i could stand to wear a retainer at night, but a teeny gap compared to unbearable breath and teeth decay and gingivitis, come on now!
If somoene has fungus on their feet because they don't wash them or don't buy some of that foot powder is a person that really doesn't care. I mean having serious dental problems is UNHEALTHY.
 PourSugarOnMe
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/9/2005 9:32:39 AM
I read the first post on this topic and well.. . .I threw up in my mouth a lil bit.. .. that is so fcuking disgusting.. .. can you imagine kissing a mouth that looks like that.. .. smells like that.. .. oh my gawd I have to stop now so the gag reflex will go away.. .. HELL NO!

~Pour
 Summer Teeth
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/9/2005 9:34:51 AM
Snaggle tooth hags! Yummy!
 ~Dangerous Liaison~
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/9/2005 9:44:21 AM
teeth are a big deal with me...they at least all need to be there...the yellow and black part, is pretty gross though.
 soulthing
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/9/2005 10:41:38 AM
Buuuuuuhahahahaha!!!!!!!
I have real bad teeth!!!!!
I date and get laid from good looking woman in a row!!!!
I am really not kiddn with that!!!!
 -Horrible/Brazen-
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/9/2005 9:41:09 PM
Personally, I wasn't referring to crooked teeth, a gap, or they aren't as white as they could be... it's about not feeling comfortable enough to smile in photos because you don't even like your own teeth, they're so decayed.
 Blastkist
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/9/2005 10:04:53 PM
Ewww bad oral hygiene is repulsive. There is no reason for that other than someone who chooses not to take care of themselves. I mean at least brush your teeth for goodness sake.

No, I wouldn't be with a man who had dirty teeth, sorry, crooked a bit ok, a part there, ok, but not clean? No freaking way jack!
 PuffyDee
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/9/2005 10:07:41 PM
i will avoid telling him jokes or having passionate kisses.(just a peck for the sake of his cute face heheh). bad teeth means bad breathe. urgh
 Milehighjedi
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/9/2005 10:33:45 PM
I brush, rinse, and whiten my teeth like a MANIAC, I want them to be as clean and white as possible. I have a personal system, some people would probably think it's NUTS.

When I met my ex, her teeth were horrendous. She had BAD teeth. She came from a crappy family of white trash, and she had no upbringing. I totally changed that. Through the years, I helped her get them fixed. I didn't judge her as a terrible person or a filthy person or a dirty person with no hygiene or regard for her appearance. It was a flaw, she had no $$ or benefits at the time. I helped her find a good job with Dental. She got all her teeth bonded, and they look good. If I knew she'd totally screw me over later, I wouldn't have ever tried so hard to help her.

I can't believe what I've read, it's so messed up. I never realized how many people are SHALLOW AND SUPERFICIAL. Some people are victims of circumstance. You can have the freshest breath around and have not too great teeth. Again this isn't me, my teeth are ok.

Apparently, there are many perfect people here, and if your so perfect, you shouldn't be here...
 whirlwindshadow
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2005 10:45:28 PM
Genetics did play a part in my having to keep my teeth up; but it's a good habit to have. I always make sure that I pay close attention to my dental hygeine if I am going out with someone, especially on the first date. First impressions can mean alot.
 PuffyDee
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/10/2005 1:07:44 AM
its image and it matters.

u do mind your ex's teeth too, thats y u brought her to fix it. making her more attractive and somebody else took her away from u. (sorry i dont mean to rub it)

and we are not talking about being perfect here. *roll eyes*
 EYESofENOCH
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/10/2005 5:29:39 AM
QUOTE:
I can't believe what I've read, it's so messed up. I never realized how many people are SHALLOW AND SUPERFICIAL.
END QUOTE

This whole world is going to (censored). 99.9% of people are superficial. You can only blame it on upbringing or society.

Personally I'd like to be a flyon a wall when a superficial persn ages & finds a wrinkle. Oh my what will they ever do

Point being, if you are superficial, then go seek help because only gawd knows you are going to need it when you find an imperfection when you hit your senior years.
 EYESofENOCH
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/10/2005 5:30:19 AM
milehighjedi on 11/10/2005 145 AM
QUOTE:
I can't believe what I've read, it's so messed up. I never realized how many people are SHALLOW AND SUPERFICIAL.
END QUOTE

This whole world is going to (censored). 99.9% of people are superficial. You can only blame it on upbringing or society.

Personally I'd like to be a flyon a wall when a superficial persn ages & finds a wrinkle. Oh my what will they ever do

Point being, if you are superficial, then go seek help because only gawd knows you are going to need it when you find an imperfection when you hit your senior years.
 EYESofENOCH
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/10/2005 5:56:00 AM
In regards to a message:
Posted By: poursugaronme on 11/9/2005 1239 PM

Before you go off about people being imprefect, take a look at your own self. Incase you are so perfect to not notice, here are a few things:

Your ad starts out with you complaining.
"WOW ! This is worse than a job interview."

Lazy
"Someone else should have to do this for me"

Can't hold a man down.
"I am a divorcee {a-g-a-i-n}"

Are you even clean?
"take the feminist crap and toss it out with the dish water!"

Where did you get your education? (women give birth not men honey!)
"They make the world go round and can lay me down!!" (That says easy written all over it)

Don't complain about it then! (get rid of the car then)
"You understand how hard it is for a woman with one income to afford her own house and her own car and to be in control of her own life don't ya?"

Point being honey, perfect teeth or not, I use you as an example on how people can be so superficial but yet do no see how imprefect they are
 Milehighjedi
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/10/2005 10:19:13 AM
First of all, I loved her for who she was, I didn't hold her teeth against her. Even when I KNEW people where whispering to each other, I didn't care, and I stuck up for her. I helped her because it bothered HER, not me! So that's why, and someone else got her, I don't care, you aren't rubbing anything in. She didn't leave me, nor was she cheating. So...

The bottom line is, that is SHALLOW, SUPERFICIAL, and SELFISH, no one is totally perfect, many of you think that I'm afraid. I know I'm not, either.

So, if you ladies met a guy, who matched all the criteria for you, seemed to be a great guy, and was fairly good looking at least, you wouldn't consider going out with him seriously because of his TEETH?!

That is Superficial, it is what it is. If the shoe fits, where it...
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/10/2005 10:32:12 AM
I am one of those people who can't get past rotten teeth/gums in a person, I really tried, but couldn't. I dated a guy recently who was great in almost all manners so I thought I'd give it a try, except that his teeth were rotting in the center. After a few dates I brought it up and he gave me the excuse that money wasn't available for that. BS! He had every big boy toy on the block. The trouble was he smoked and lived on drinking Coke slurpies!! and apparently only brushed his teeth before he knew he'd see me. Didn't last long couldn't make myself kiss him. UGH!
Crooked or thin enamel is a completely different story than rotten and poor dental hygiene.
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/10/2005 10:35:36 AM

Ewww bad oral hygiene is repulsive. There is no reason for that other than someone who chooses not to take care of themselves. I mean at least brush your teeth for goodness sake.

No, I wouldn't be with a man who had dirty teeth, sorry, crooked a bit ok, a part there, ok, but not clean? No freaking way jack!

Ditto
 soulthing
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/10/2005 11:18:24 AM
@@Brazen msg#36
Ok I brush my teeth tree times a day + mouth shower aso.....
I have 24 titanium sticks with ceramic head!! All fake, but you cant see it really….
looks like natrual, bites like natural and is fixed in the mouth.
But in my front part I have a gap between the teeth…

If I smile open or laugh I get tips and commands about what to do against it……
So, I rather don’t smile open….
Its just a gap, nothing smelly or ugly!!!
 Pgooperman
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2005 11:31:54 PM
Dirty, rotten teeth --->>>>

I brush my tooth once a week whether it needs it or not.
 rory27
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2005 1:51:59 AM
How topical. I agree that black, yellow, decaying, and/or missing teeth are a big turn-off. But there's another issue underlying this not-as-obvious attitude. Anyone opened to the ads of their community newspaper lately , and actually read them? They're chock-full of the typical guilt-inducing horsesh!t (to keep the $ flowing in, of course) , in this case that of hyping up the blinding white set of chompers as the NORM. A major study commissioned by a Canadian group found that three-quarters of all Canadians over the age of 18 were worried that their teeth weren't white enough. So the issue of unpresentable teeth goes far deeper than the vast minority who have obviously poor teeth and hygiene. It saddens me to see how virtually anything can be marketed successfully if the right buttons of envy, guilt, fear, and lack of self-worth are pushed.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?