Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 51
Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Wow ^^^^so if a person has yellow teeth they shouldn't use a whitener or whitening toothpaste? That makes no sense...are you equating it to getting a facelift? Sorry but if you drink coffee (which I don't) and it yellows your teeth (which it does) it only takes a few weeks to use a toothpaste or product that will clear up the dingy yellow/gray color. It's just like using makeup to enhance your looks.

Sorry if it makes a person sound shallow but knowing that proper brushing and flossing will not result in a nasty grill makes it hard for me to take a person seriously when they have said messed up grill. That being said...the reference to it being heredity...sorry but that's not all together true either...my parents both had false teeth when I was a kid...because they didn't floss and they got infections...guess what...both my brothers now have false teeth too...and me...well I'm proud to say I have never, at 34 yrs of age even, had a cavity. Because I brush and floss...I'm the person sitting in my car at a red light flossing if I feel like I didn't do it well enough earlier.

Bottom line...oral hygiene is much like any other hygiene..you don't brush and floss...what else do you neglect to wash. And doing things to make sure that you keep your teeth looking good isn't just another way for "the man" to ram products down our throat it's a way to keep yourself looking good. Jmho.
 Tinkle
Msg: 52
Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?
Posted: 11/11/2005 6:07:22 AM
The great comedian Bill Hicks did a bit where he talks about all the attractive people on the beach. He says they all have white teeth and tan skin. Meanwhile he has tan teeth and white skin. I am in the same boat. My love life sux and I'm sure my teeth aren't helping. I'm getting my teeth fixed tho. Now, about that tan... spray can? Nah, screw it. Some goth chic might like me some day.
 paradise31
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/11/2005 6:49:51 AM
I've met somebody with bad teeth. In his pics he wasn't showing his teeth when he smiled so everything looked good. When we did meet and he smiled, I was shocked. I wasn't expecting that at all. He had yellow teeth with a few missing. Sorry, but it was a turnoff for me.
 Opium
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/11/2005 7:00:37 AM
I'm sorry, but rotten teeth smell. Women have a keener sense of smell than men,... so don't subject us to bad hygiene! (any where!) everywhere should be clean enough to on or whatever we may choose to do,... not take an involuntary dump.
 rory27
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2005 11:48:35 AM
smile with your eyes, you obviously missed my first sentence where I included yellow teeth as being disgusting. There's nothing wrong and everything right with proper hygiene, as I mentioned. But the current advertising and "white white teeth" industry was non-existent a decade or so ago, and is not in the least based on hygiene. (I'm not talking of teeth whiteners, but the lucrative cosmetic dental whitening centers which are incredibly popular.)So what is it based on? "If you don't have bright whites, you're not sexy. People will laugh at you and shun you," etc... It's just another way our dissatisfied, vain and superficial society has taken to elevate itself to self-made pedestals.
 ksue44
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/11/2005 12:24:10 PM
It's one thing if a person has poor hygiene and/or bad breath, all the time, then it would be "thanks but no thanks". Each of us should take pride in ourselves.

However, it is another thing if they have bucked teeth; teeth knocked out due to an injury; or discolored teeth due to medication. That can't be helped and it can be expensive to fix.
I had bucked teeth so horribly as a child, I couldn't chew with my mouth closed. My nick name in grade school was "Bucky", so I do have a bit of sympathy if folks have bad teeth due to something they can't control. The flip side of the coin, a person's smile and teeth is one of the first things that I do notice. If he or she looks like they are starring in a remake of "Deliverance", I can't say I'm turned on.
 HB2
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/11/2005 12:25:12 PM
Not for this gal...clean mouth and teeth please...
 Tinkle
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/11/2005 4:39:43 PM
Er, I shoulda pointed out that my teeth are dis-colored not do to yuck-mouth, but do to surface enamel chiped, asthma inhalers I used, and smoking no help. I actually brush my teeth more than twice a day, seriously.
 SheMcG
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/28/2006 6:38:32 AM
I'm a real fanatic about nice teeth...... they are about the first thing everyone notices about you!

If a guy doesn't have nice teeth.....he doesn't get the first date with me.....

They don't have to be perfectly straight....but they have to be clean and white and none visibly missing!!

I want a guy already "good". I don't want to have to change him or his habits!!
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/28/2006 7:34:26 AM
I meet a man I think he is super nice and cute, but he has dental issues and he wants to date me. What would I do? For one thing be really, really super happy!!! If it bothered me that much, and he was spending nights at my place, I would tell him he could always feel free to use my tooth paste, mouth wash etc.

My teeth have never been yellow and black, but I have lost a lot of them, and now a lot of them are fake as in I have a partial.

I really don't think it would bother me much. If one certain person ever is back in my life, I sure would not be worried about what his teeth look like.
 angelab
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/28/2006 7:43:09 AM
Bad teeth because of bad hygeine = No thanks
Bad teeth because he was in an accident, got one knocked out from playing sports, or something like that = No problem. Stuff happens.
 Chantellehigh
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/28/2006 8:34:58 AM
I wouldn't date someone with bad teeth its a total turn off.
 geriberry
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/28/2006 9:23:18 AM
No I wouldnt I did once and he had fish breath that made me feel sick.
Geri
 i_m_cdn_grl
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/28/2006 9:49:13 AM
Bad teeth / Bad hygiene is a deal breaker

I cannot even fathom puttin my lips on anything bad... blech!!!!
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/28/2006 9:56:11 AM

Sorry if it makes a person sound shallow but knowing that proper brushing and flossing will not result in a nasty grill makes it hard for me to take a person seriously when they have said messed up grill.

I have brushed, flossed, and used mouth wash at least three times a day since I was a small child, but I was "lucky" enough to be born with teeth with low enamel, resulting in them breaking easily. They were never yellow and black, but still far from perfect.

I went to school with a boy, whose teeth were all black, because of an antibiotic he was given as a child. He could have brushed his teeth for ten hours a day and they would have still been black as it is all the way through the teeth. Not everyone would have the money to get porcelon veeners to hide them.

I can understand not wanting to date someone who doesn't brush at all, but to not date someone because of the way their teeth look is just silly.
 gtucker
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2006 12:22:06 PM
Bad teeth are a deal breaker for me. I don't mind dentures, bridges, whatever, but a person who doesn't take care of their teeth are a big turn off for me.
 mzthan9
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/28/2006 3:14:52 PM
its ok until u have to kiss em then NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!, so if he kept his mouth shut, n never spoke or smile dit would be kool, but ohtherwise i'd drop a hint about my really good dentist!! and if he ever wanted to go to tell me so i could book it....but in the first place i wouldn't go there as i like my man to take care of himself.....
 mzthan9
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/28/2006 3:15:02 PM
its ok until u have to kiss em then NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!, so if he kept his mouth shut, n never spoke or smiled it would be kool, but ohtherwise i'd drop a hint about my really good dentist!! and if he ever wanted to go to tell me so i could book it....but in the first place i wouldn't go there as i like my man to take care of himself.....
 music99
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/28/2006 3:22:52 PM
tell her guy to go get a dental check up
 music99
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/28/2006 3:26:34 PM
I once was in a relationship with someone that has****ed teeth and all yellow and black from smoking alot. I sure don't need that again.
 music99
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/28/2006 3:31:11 PM
I was sort of dating for a very short time, one of my sister's guy friends and he had a terrible overbite. That didn't really bother me as much. I understand that it costs a bundle amount of money to go and get it fixed and that he might not had afford it because he has a son and he was a single dad at the time.
 FunFab
Msg: 72
Posted: 9/28/2006 3:34:06 PM
Teeth can always be fixed...it's the other things that can't that I'd be more worried about
 CALL GUY
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/28/2006 6:12:39 PM
WELL TO BE HONEST AS ITS MY TURN ON THE DENIST I LOVE THAT PAIN ALL MY FRIENDS THINK I AM SICK BUT GOD DAMN I LOVE IT WHEN THEY HIT A NERVE OR MY GUM YUM I KNOW I AM SICK BUT I WOULD LOVE TO GO DAILY TO A OLD DENIST THATS HARDLY GOT A PULL LEFT IN THEM TO SIT THRU THE PAIN FOR HOURS OF PLEASURE THEY LOVE ME TO THEY SAY WE HAVE NEVER MET ANYONE THAT LOVES DENIST
 sunbirdus
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/28/2006 6:25:06 PM
Maybe the guy just doesnt have the money to go to the dentist,
If someone didnt want to date me cause my looks wasnt perfect...
I'd say good..screw off!!Whoever is that picky...they deserve to be
alone. My God, its only teeth your talking about, get your wallet out
and help pay for the mans teeth to get fixed!!!
 dancinfun
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/28/2006 6:29:50 PM
Not me.........If a guy doesn't think enough of himself to look good for you then I would let him go. It is also all about respect for each other. He should know how bad he looks unless he doesn't have a mirror. Bad teeth brings bad breath and that is a deffinite turn off.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Girls - Would you date a guy with bad teeth?