Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women at Pubs by Themselves      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 indianrose
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Women at Pubs by ThemselvesPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I could not go to a dance club by myself just dont have it in me but I will go to a pub like around 6pm to have a drink after work on a friday night and take my work with me to the pub while I have a dinner or drinks before I call it a night, guys may think what they want or try to come over but I always look busy at the table so it makes them confused but the truth I am busy doing my work so I can have weekends free to myself and bf.
 justlooking4you
Msg: 77
Women at Pubs by Themselves
Posted: 2/17/2007 12:48:33 PM
I for one admire a older mature woman that goes to a bar by herself. I shows a great deal of confidence in herself. Showing that she likes to get out and not staying at home playing internet " tag " games with men.
 classy_lady99
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2007 2:20:20 PM
Well I prefer to go out by myself. People often ask who I'm with and I tell them me, myself & I and that I prefer it that way. I can dance if I want to with whom I want to and I'm not responsible for anyone's happiness but my own. I also tell them I wasn't alone very long. Sometimes just long enough to take off my coat and I'm on the dance floor.

You would get to know single ppl in a hurry and they would become friends as a lot of ppl frequent the same places. Bars aren't just for the young and they're not just for men. Mature single women are becoming more and more accustomed to going out alone. They are not considered bar sluts if they're not being picked up by men nightly. You won't have to worry about sitting alone if you simply show up later while everyone is already having a good time, dancing & walk around mingling.

Try it a few times and if you like to get out I'll just bet you'll like it!
 This is Now
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/17/2007 3:45:35 PM
I go to a bar where I know the female owner and her family who run it. I was introduced to her by my last boyfriend so most of the people there still have a residual hands-off policy with me. If somebody is bugging me I usually make eye contact with her or one of the family members and they help steer the person away.
 justlooking4you
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/19/2009 7:24:36 AM
I admire a woman that goes to a local bar or dance place by-herself. Shows confidence in my book, like's to get out and adventure out for entertainment, food and friendly chats. Also can lead to friendships also if the woman intends to lead that way also. But, woman do not do this cause they are afraid " broken winged woman " that prefer to stay at home and not encounter the public to possible meet someone through a conversation which could lead to more. There are no woman in my age bracket that do come out in my area at all.
 tas star
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/19/2009 7:31:53 AM
When I am travelling for work and get room crazy, I like to escape to the hotel bar for a while. I would usually have a quiet drink or two, never been hassled - though the last time another patron, a woman who was with a man, sent over a glass of wine. Maybe she felt a little sorry for me
 m_church
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2009 8:50:33 AM

I admire a woman that goes to a local bar or dance place by-herself. Shows confidence in my book, like's to get out and adventure out for entertainment, food and friendly chats.

I met my G/F one night long before we actually started dating.... she was reading a book in the pub and having a drink....
We exchanged a few brief pleasantries... then we went our separate ways.... several months later, we bumped again and started dating.....
I was quite impressed that she had the confidence to not only go to a pub on her own, but also to do what she wanted in the pub without trying to 'fit in'....
 RichardMcLean
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2009 9:09:13 AM
A lot of women round my way go into a pub on their, because they know other people in there, bar staff, other customers etc. It's normal in some pubs, but not so common in city centre bars etc.
 NotInnocent
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/19/2009 9:41:36 AM
I go to bars all the time by myself. If I didn't I would be stuck home more often then I want to be. I go to bars that have entertainment going on, because I am not one to just sit at a bar. Karaoke, band, dancing. It's all fun! Actually trying to figure out where I want to head to tonight.
 808 syndicate
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/23/2009 9:47:46 PM
If I walk into a pub and see a single older woman sitting alone and drinking, that is all I see her as...just another single older woman. Although my first reaction would be like maybe she's just looking for a quick f*ck, or possibly a one night stand.

I would never think of her as a cougar cause even if she was there just looking for a quickie, chances are she would probably screw any tom ,**** or harry that approaches her..
 Wicked_Cricket
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/23/2009 9:59:16 PM
OH FOR GOD'S SAKE!
Drag yourselves into the 21st century people!!!!
Women are people - we vote and wear pants. ANYTHING men can do we can do. If you want to go for a drink by yourself GO - WHO CARES what strangers in a bar think? If you're caring what total strangers think about you - stay home all the time with your cats & talk to yourself - nobody thinks anything strange about that.

This is YOUR life - NO DO-OVERS and it's FAR TOO SHORT to try to please all of the people all of the time. Who says any of those ppl are better than you or have ANY business judging you?
Small, petty people are critical & judgmental - they put others (mostly women) down to feel better about themselves.
Disregard these people and live YOUR LIFE YOUR WAY. You only have to face yourself in the mirror.
viva liberte!
 Janewantstarzan
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:17:25 PM

OH FOR GOD'S SAKE!
Drag yourselves into the 21st century people!!!!
Women are people - we vote and wear pants. ANYTHING men can do we can do. If you want to go for a drink by yourself GO - WHO CARES what strangers in a bar think? If you're caring what total strangers think about you - stay home all the time with your cats & talk to yourself - nobody thinks anything strange about that.

This is YOUR life - NO DO-OVERS and it's FAR TOO SHORT to try to please all of the people all of the time. Who says any of those ppl are better than you or have ANY business judging you?
Small, petty people are critical & judgmental - they put others (mostly women) down to feel better about themselves.
Disregard these people and live YOUR LIFE YOUR WAY. You only have to face yourself in the mirror.
viva liberte!
Exactly! When I used to****ail a few years back at an upscale hotel lounge, women would come in for the same reasons men do. Most just to have one drink to relax and then they would leave. Yes, women can go in a bar alone without wanting to get laid, being a prostitute or flirting with any swinging d!ck that shows up
 justagrl070
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:25:16 PM
i agree, women should feel comfortable enough to go to a bar alone, or a club, or a restaurant, movies or anything like that.. its time to start empowering ourselves as women.

A couple of years ago i moved to a new area and not knowing anyone in the area i had to make a decision, sit at home alone and basically never get to know anyone or get out there. So i joined the local rugby club as a social member, would go down on a saturday afternoon watch the game. I would go down and watch rugby in the bar when it was on. Even went to a more trendy bar to watch a band on my own. I eventually made some great friends (who happen also to be female) and now we regularly catch up and go out. And funny enough we continue to befriend women who are on their own. I used to go for breakfast at a local restuarant on a sunday morning, on my own and even would go to the cinemas if there was a movie i wanted to see..

I quickly realised if i didnt make the effort to go out, i wouldnt meet anyone.. its not like they are going to come knocking on your door!! So i think we really need to change our attitudes about women out there alone, we need to start thinking of them as strong, smart and independent women, who arent affraid to tackle new situations on their own... maybe men are just intimidated by women like this.. thats why they like to give them such a bad rap!!!
 808 syndicate
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:30:07 PM
So now you grew a penis too ?
Yikes!

^^^Oooh snaap! now that's hilarious
 japfl26
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:35:25 PM
I agree. I do travel as well. There have been times when I have gone to a pub or club by myself. The only problem I have is making men realize that I don't need another drink. No, I don't feel like dancing. Sometimes it's just nice to get out by yourself. I think people who travel are more likely to do this without second thought. I have met some great people by going and just talking. For me, they instantly know that I'm not going to put out and that I'm independent and not like most women. I think it's how you carry yourself when you're in this atmosphere.
 Wicked_Cricket
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:36:13 PM
Neanderthal - this might come as a surprise to you .. sit down.
This universe does NOT spin around penises.
yeah that's right, I said it. WE have what YOU want. Wars are fought over it, songs are written about it - ADAM GOT CAST OUT OF PARADISE FOR IT ..
ANYTHING men can do, we can do right the first time; and anything I can't do myself, I can hire done.
"Masters of the Universe" hardy har harr
and as for owning a penis - yeah, we can - can buy em all day long
The difference is - I don't let my genitals do my thinking
what else u got?
 Cynderella
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 10:36:26 PM
"Grew a Penis" nope just some balls...

I go out...who cares what others think.
All I know is...Mr.Right is not just going to come knocking on my door.
 808 syndicate
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/23/2009 11:15:34 PM
You gotta love the typical mentality of some people. If a woman posesses something that is in high demand, then why in the hell would she have to buy a bag of c*cks all day long?? this is to funny...

And I agree, the 60's is definitely calling back
 wolftxus
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/23/2009 11:38:33 PM
"women would come in for the same reasons men do"
Do they also try to forget for a brief moment that a nagging b!tch on the rag awaits them at home?

"ADAM GOT CAST OUT OF PARADISE FOR IT"
In the book I read he got cast because of a woman. Now do you want men to be cast out of bars as well? Aren't we still paying for Eve's sh!t? If women are so much better than men, what sage advice do you have on escaping women and being left alone? I guess if bars are not it, that only leaves the bathroom...

"WE have what YOU want."
Yes, a man-bashing, derogatory and non-sensical running mouth fueled by a superiority complex. Women were in more demand when they stuck to letting their pvssies do the advertising...
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/23/2009 11:40:18 PM
If I walk into a pub and see a single older woman sitting alone and drinking, that is all I see her as...just another single older woman. Although my first reaction would be like maybe she's just looking for a quick f*ck, or possibly a one night stand.

so lemme guess your there for the drinks???

pfffffffffffft! bullchit

But he'll find you at the bar ?
Good luck to you too....

it beats her coming across as.sholes on the internet.

LOL!
 808 syndicate
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/23/2009 11:47:26 PM
so lemme guess your there for the drinks???

pfffffffffffft! bullchit

^^^And what does it matter to you as to why Im there?

Let's see, you already followed me in three forums already. I think Im starting to see a pattern here..
 Cynderella
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 11:48:14 PM
But he'll find you at the bar ?

Not my expection but like I said sitting behind close doors is not the answer either...

Is this any better?
At one point the meeting of ppl at the bar was frownd on as was internet dating...is there really a right way or wrong way?

Good luck to you too....

Thank you all the same!

it beats her coming across as.sholes on the internet

Meet a few of thoses lol

REDDRAGON.
Msg: 98
Posted: 10/24/2009 12:12:18 AM

Not my expection but like I said sitting behind close doors is not the answer either...

Is this any better?
At one point the meeting of ppl at the bar was frownd on as was internet dating...is there really a right way or wrong way?

the nice thing about internet dating is you can spot the as.sholes by what they type.
 808 syndicate
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/24/2009 12:26:42 AM
You really are obsessed with asses huh ?
I am starting to see that trend too.....

^^^You took the words right out of my mouth. What's funny is he made a comment in a forum the other day about a**holes and dildo's. You gotta love the one's that put their own foot in their mouths..
 startle
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/24/2009 2:12:47 AM
i have gone into bars to pick up on men lots of time ..what's wrong with that...isn't that what they are for...lucky for me they invented online dating...picking up men in bars is too hit or miss.. plus you have to drink...which is bad for your health... see how easy telling the truth is..i'm still alive...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women at Pubs by Themselves