Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crystalise
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?Page 2 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
More handsome??? YEP - eyes to die for - that no could possibly photo bring out. Yes....
 Coastergal
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?
Posted: 11/14/2005 7:22:09 PM
Yes.....I've met some people that I was thrilled to let them they looked sooo much better in person..............

And others.............I didn't quite know how to ask.. HOW fricken old were there pics!!!!!
 -Horrible/Brazen-
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/15/2005 3:22:00 AM
I've been told my photos don't do me justice, and considering this was from more than one individual, I should take that as a compliment.

I've met a few guys that had horrible pics and what a pleasant surprise that turned out to be. I think when someone is animate and their personality shines through, perhaps they become more attractive.
 zoomzoomzoom
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/15/2005 6:12:33 AM
Most ppl Ive met always looked better in person than on their profile pic. I have never met anyone whom I havent at least seen a photo of first. Ya gotta have an idea of what they look like.
 WillOHIO
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 7:52:51 AM
Tee,

I'm gald you said that! I purposely use a pic of me in work clothes, and look pretty rough. The reason being is, I don't want any of the shallow type ladies to be interested in me at all. If they are shallow, and are only going after looks, I hope that fends them off at the start of things. If they don't want to read my profile, and take me for my personality, I don't want anything to do with them. I have seen several womens profiles which said looks, and or your income is what matters to them. Women may think, no way, but go do a search for men seeking women, and read some of them. I'll bet there's men on here that will agree. Of course there's shallow guys too who want to date a model, and take looks over the person. When I see a girls profile that says they want looks, and or income, and most likely a lot of other guys will say this too, we pass them on by in a heartbeat!
 indigo rose
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/15/2005 9:48:35 AM
musicman was so handsome ...his pic's just don't do him justice..
 kenbryan41
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 12:56:36 PM
Apparently I'm a lot cuter than my pics...and yeah, I've met girls who were ok in their pics but stunning in person.
 2luvyou2
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/16/2005 10:31:29 AM
I have met people that were alot better looking in person then in their pictures...
 ~Dangerous Liaison~
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/16/2005 10:35:57 AM
actually yes...every time, lol. Everyone is better looking in person.
 DragonRed
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/16/2005 10:46:07 AM
Yes Definitely!!!.........Very pleasantly
surprised in fact...looks are not everything...this person is as beautiful within,in mind,as She on the eyes of most Men(insert Dragon Growl icon here ..Grrr..lol)anyways.......A very very very Rare combination ,you do not come across everyday........

edit:impossible to find ...hard to hold............
 Carissima
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/16/2005 10:58:34 AM
Im not really someone that is "all about looks" but let's face it, attraction is important to an extent.
So two years ago I went on a blind date with someone that my friend hooked up. I had only seen 3 pictures of him (which were far and blurry) BUT from what I could see...NOT my cup of tea at all. So wasn't really sure what I was getting myself into. I had passed on so many pics of me, so he could see who i was etc . But we chatted on the phone for a week or so and finally met for dinner. When he walked in I remember saying to myself "God please ohh please let him be lookin for me" LOL ..... AND to my surprise HE WAS THERE FOR ME!!!!!!!!

I couldn't stop looking at him all night!!! We had an amazing time and went on to date for a while aftwards as well....
So as Frossty said earlier.... some individuals (myself included) are not always very photogenic...so sometimes you really gotta meet someone to know.
You NEVER know....

~ Carissima ~
 funlovingscorpio
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/16/2005 12:19:58 PM
I'm not into looks....nor am I photogenic (sp)
I have been told that I look better in person
and they love my smile and my red hair.....hmmmm..
 Ts pet
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/20/2005 4:32:28 PM
the two ladies ive met on here are both way prettier in person than on the net
 kismet66
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/20/2005 4:47:32 PM
yes - - for sure!! i think this goes without saying....most people look better in person than in photos!! the only ones who don't are the professional models and they have a lot of resources at their disposal. actually, in my opinion, a lot of the models/movie stars do not look all that great in person - much better when better when done up professionally.
 briteeyess
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2005 4:51:49 PM
The one man I met from POF had no picture up,he turned out to be a very nice looking man..from another site I met one that was gorgeous much better looking than the pictures he had posted...but during the little time we spent together who he was came to light...he turned very ugly in my eyes.
 heartstillopen
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/24/2005 9:39:00 AM
I always hate the way i look in pics, some people just are not photogenic..thats the real me in my profile, and its how i usually look hanging around the house. I love getting sexy for my guy and going out to dinner or whatnot. Thats a different story..I just figure if someone likes my pic and emails me then hopefully they are in for a good surprise if and when we meet up..I agree and I would hate to see the dissapoinment on someones face if i lied about my weight and stuff. I AM a few pounds over the average woman, but I am basically happy with myself.. I'd say the average female size is actually a 12..I'm size 16 to 18 and consider myself voluptuos. If a man doesn't like that size, he's not going to write. Here's to all the men that love something to back up a good bang!
 dionysyus
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/24/2005 12:03:53 PM
Yes, I met one woman once off of a site that has been gone now for a couple of years. She looked ok in her picture, but when I met her I could not believe my eyes. She was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Just absolutely amazing. You really can't tell much from little pics.
 sweettroubles
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/25/2005 10:15:48 PM
i would have to say i would probably look better in person then my pics ....but i have not met anyone off line yet
 godscrashdummy
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/25/2005 11:12:43 PM
....but i have not met anyone off line yet

oh thank god theres hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joel<------talking his horse into moving to Texas
 ~skye~
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/26/2005 12:33:30 AM
hey, you've just made my day, doesn't matter what picture is taken of me, most should be a 2 bagger on my head, I used to blame the camera, my son, you name it...funny what we see though, you don't look too bad in the pictures good n plenty....
 cute_chica
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/26/2005 6:08:42 AM
Oh sweet Jesus, YES! And what a nice surprise. Wowie wow wow.

But like you all, there are some that post pictures of themselves that have the funny yellow tinge to them from the eighties, or college, or before they gained their 60 pound gut and lost their hair. YIKES!
 mario1969
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics? ...NO!!!
Posted: 11/26/2005 8:47:53 AM
its always been the other way round.....

Every woman i have met looked a little different to their profile photo, some of them looked quite scary and a little wierd!
 badbadgirl
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/26/2005 1:47:48 PM
yes...i was working in a club downtown 2 days ago.went to sit with a guy,started talking with him and realized that it was someone i chatted with on pof.he looked much better in person but while chatting with him he sounded nice and fun but for real he was a total jerk.
 PA!GEĀ®
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/26/2005 2:30:11 PM
Havent met anyone
but Im not photogenic so
 brawnydog
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/26/2005 2:37:10 PM
If you're not photogenic.....you must be extremely beautiful in person.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?