Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ASoulsRain
Msg: 126
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?Page 6 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
i have met someone like that... pictures didn't do him justice at all... and it was all i could do when i met him not to kiss him right on the spot!
 .Selena.
Msg: 127
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?
Posted: 10/22/2007 8:18:46 AM
Well I wouldn't use the word "prettier" because it was a guy, but yes my first PoF date looked way better than the pics and I told him so too.
 Wrinkledstockings
Msg: 128
Posted: 10/22/2007 9:14:01 AM
Yes. In his pic he looks like a shady used car salesman (apologies to used car salesmen) and in person he looks much better.
 .Selena.
Msg: 129
Posted: 10/22/2007 9:25:21 AM

In his pic he looks like a shady used car salesman (apologies to used car salesmen)

FeistySam
Msg: 130
Posted: 10/22/2007 9:48:56 AM
i WISH! lol... in my experience they either look worse or the same! LOL... wait... why am i laughing again??
 dontmakecookies
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2007 9:54:58 AM
No, but I've helped several people accomplish this. Only one person I've met said I looked like my pics. All of the others thought I looked quite a bit better, at least that's what they said.
 c_deacon
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2007 10:03:56 AM
I think most pictures, unless professionally done and touched up, do not do the person justice, and when you meet, you will see someone more attractive then the pictures.

The "rub" here is that many do not put up recent pictures, or they find that one "rare" one that makes them look much better then they are normally. When this happens, and you meet, reality hits hard and your mental image is now dashed by the true visual of that person.

I would much prefer multiple pictures of the one I am going to meet, recent and changed often enough to give a much more real visual. When that is the case, for the most part, you are pleasantly surprised when you do meet, and it helps to create a foundation for knowing and wanting each other, instead of feeling let down and used.

All that have met me, recognize me immediately, and seem to tell me that I am as my pictures portray, and maybe even better, and that is one of the highest compliments you can get.

Just my opinion.......
 Ottawa_Chicklet
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2007 10:25:56 AM
Someone I met here on PoF sent me a note the other day and told me that my main profile pic does not do me justice. He said it makes me look like a transvestite, LOL. Jeepers, I kinda like it. Oh well.
 hardcoredaydreamer
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2007 12:33:13 PM
nope never ever ever ever. although i like to believe i am hahahaha
 sexybrunette333
Msg: 135
Posted: 10/22/2007 2:51:20 PM
It's possible to meet someone that is better ( or worse ) looking in person that they are in a pic. A pic gives a general idea of what a person looks like, but you can't always tell how pretty a person is from a few pics.
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 136
Posted: 10/22/2007 4:25:30 PM
Yes a couple dozen times the woman was much better than the pic,but normally pics are fuzzy out of focus or to far away,so even though I have seen three pics of this person,all tiny fuzzy pics,its a complete surprise what they look like.People say my pics look exactly like me because I date my pics and I took the close up average shots and didn't use the rare shot that made me look great and not atually how I look,like those ladies that use these glamour shots with special outfits on that look absolutely nothing like that in person.Lots of ladies apparently use really old pics,because they went from unusually young looking,and I even said hey in your pics you tend to look 10 years younger than your age,and they say "oh why thank you" then I meet them and they look at a minimum 10 years older,making me think it was a con after all.Many,many many have said to me,oh well what did you have to lose,no harm no foul,so it didn't work out,ya had a fun time didn't you.............well I might of bought a shirt, washed the truck,probably drove an hour to the restaurant,then had to pay for dinner ,or drinks,drive an hour home all for someone that used ten year old pics or used some of the most deceptive shots you can imagine,so yes the honest little con was time consumning,expensive and emotionally invested in after 3 weeks of talk.......I guess they just think a guy won't notice you lied .This is why I turned to coffee dates,quick meet and greets,am tired of the ladies that want the first date the be really really special and memorable,usually it is for me only,girl is at zero risk on dating guys like this,its a quick hello,eat an expensive meal,4 seconds after plate is taken away she says forgive me I need to run have an appointment and she leaves an never returns another email again,not even a handshake invested,have had date say almost nothing speak only if spoken too,eat 3 bites off a dinner fit for a linebacker order extras then get it put in a doogy bag and leave......No real first dates worked back in the day,when you asked the girl out in person,this online stuff is a drain on the wallet most of the time....stick to coffee,if she lied through her teeth your out of there in 15 minutes, You can tell she lied if she had real short hair that was red,and she said all pics are current and she shows up with 1 1/2 foot long hair and shes a brunette and mysteriously put on 40 lbs,one lady said her pics are somewhat recent then on date stated one pic was 15 years old and one was 11 years old and newest was nine,she felt not recent meant like childhood pics....give me a break,explained why a 45 year old whom actually in person looked 51 and pics made her look a youthful 35/36..For you honest ladies I am so sorry these liars had to ruin it it for all the rest of you.some of you would never mislead or lie or even dream of doing this,to you I thank you ,and yes I understand some men seem to be the say way so I have been told,pretty bad huh
 rcuhljr
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2007 6:05:14 PM
Both times this has been the case. Although one didn't have a picture so she was only trying to beat my imagination preparing for the worst :P
 printer2
Msg: 138
Posted: 10/22/2007 6:17:43 PM
A yes vote here. I met a woman on another site who's picture stood out from the rest. I thought there was no way she would still look as good as her picture but when I met her she outshone the photo. It was too bad she was looking for instant butterflies and I was not in my element where we met.
 I-Hunt_Cuz-I-Can
Msg: 139
Posted: 10/22/2007 6:20:57 PM
I've run the full spectrum. Old pics, someone elses pics, photoshop pics.
I did meet one amazing lady that pictures will never touch.
You can look at her pictures and say wow, she is stunning.
Yet when I first had the honor of being face to face with her, I was stunned into silence.
That aint an easy task.
To this day, I am still amazed by her beauty and grace.
 tmotts
Msg: 140
Posted: 10/22/2007 6:22:56 PM
I come out terrible in pictures. I am told I am much better in person. I am so not photogenic.

I have experienced both. Some look better in person, some don't. Most look just like their photos.
 bathurstfish
Msg: 141
Posted: 10/22/2007 9:38:02 PM
yes one girl a while back.but she was also uglier inside once i got to know her so it evened out she was the most shallow and insensitive person i have ever met.did i say she was very cold and heartless too LOL

just goes to show the old expression looks arent evrything.
 studplayrico
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2007 2:38:52 PM
I recently met a gorgeous woman who looked better in person. To say the least, I was very imprssed with her.
 cliodoers2
Msg: 143
Posted: 10/24/2007 9:19:31 PM
Just once I went on a date with a guy I met on here and he was much better looking than I expected. In fact, I was so caught off guard I was incredibly nervous and could hardly speak. (Which normally is not a problem.) Otherwise, have only met guys who were disappointing in terms of actual appearance vs. profile picture.
 Sanschele
Msg: 144
Posted: 10/25/2007 8:59:26 AM
Now, now bathurst. Was our date REALLY that bad???? just kidding.

I've met several men online that were much more handsome than their pictures. Too bad their personalities were as exciting as toilet paper. haha!

Sans
 Sweet*Child
Msg: 145
Posted: 10/25/2007 4:25:18 PM
Everyone tells me I look so much better in person. I don't attempt to deceive with photos at all.
 RACER256
Msg: 146
Posted: 10/25/2007 4:35:46 PM
Met a woman recently (stunning) much prettier than pics... Shes not on this site...The biggest problem Ive seem , "Some woman dont know the difference between obese and average"...Or do they?....Maybe we wont notice
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 147
Posted: 10/25/2007 5:26:24 PM
Sweet*child you state in your ad you know your a prize woman.Its no wonder everyone says your much better looking in person,I had to go view your picture to see if it was blurry or out of focus and to my surprise the pic you chose to represent yourself looks like your really pissed off,holding your breath or mad and pouting,so yes I bet in person when you show up happy and smiling everyone does say how much better you look........why that pic?,was it the only one you had?,your obviously a very pretty lady so why that pic,one that makes it seem you have a real attitude ! ..... ,a pic is worth a thousand words and makes people assume so much,after all its all they have to go on,the pic even clues the reader into whether they can believe what the writings say.This one lady wrote of how happy she was all the time and easy going,yet 7 pics of her in different outfits showed her frowning or stern and a couple as mad or perturbed,so I did not believe her self assessment.
 dakotart1962
Msg: 148
Posted: 10/27/2007 7:56:09 AM
I've never met anyone prettier than their pix, but I've had one lady that didn't have a pic posted but descibed herself to me as well endowed up top, skinny waiste and nice legs. She sent me a pic and OMG, I think she weighed about 350 lbs. Holy crap, needless to say that correspondence ended immediately. Goes to show you women are just as deceptive as men
 tnt144
Msg: 149
Posted: 10/27/2007 8:04:18 AM
"Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?"

More often than not it goes the other way, but it does happen.

Talk to any woman who is not ugly or obease... besides, some of the average looking women tend to have better personalities. Give the average girls a chance. If you could kiss her, check her out... she just might become your best freind... in more ways than one. The definition of a good partner is a helpmate you can fall in love with. You don't need perfection... there are no perfect people.... this includes yourself.
 Libertine154
Msg: 150
Posted: 10/27/2007 8:04:47 AM
OP,

Most of the men I have met look just like their pictures. I have met a couple of ringers, but that has rarely been the case.

I get told I either look exactly like my picture or better. Ok...I am tooting my own horn, but why not? :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?