Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Creehåzy
Msg: 376
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 16 of 77    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)
I'm hoping so........
 miZzTaurus
Msg: 377
view profile
History
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 11/10/2006 11:02:02 PM
Smoking pot is not a bad thing and i think that peope put it down so much. I have noticed that most of the people that put it down have never tried it. If they have tried it they probably have only tried it once and sometimes the first time can be a bad experience but that is not how it always is. Pot is a plant brought here by god and it is a herbal medicine. Anyone that really doesnt know anything about it shoulnt talk bad about it. Thats what the case is a majority of the time. Non-pot smokers should accept the fact if someone wants to smoke it or not. It is a personal should that should clearly be made legal!!! MAKE IT A PERSONAL CHOICE AND LEGALIZE IT!!!!
 Angelheart3
Msg: 378
Posted: 11/11/2006 5:27:09 PM
sounds like classic denial to me!
 Kaffien
Msg: 379
Posted: 11/11/2006 11:32:20 PM
theres a few things you have to be able to tolerate to tolerate a pot smoker.

For me it's the smell, everyone seems to love it... i haaaaaaaaaaaate it. hate hate hate it.

Laziness, and or inconsiderateness... eating all your food etc. .. HIDE THE MUNCHIES!

And the worst side effect of weed, stupidity. profound stupidity. Not everyone experiences this, but I've seen it all to often.

Driving their sorry asses all over to get weed, this i hate the most this goes for roomies, lovers or just being friends with pot heads. You will eventually end up on a pot run that turns into a stupid goose chase, three hours later and they still have no weed meanwhile you just wasted your Friday.
 haces
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2006 7:27:25 AM
what would be the differnce between this and "socially drinking", are you not having a social drink to have a good time. I would assume you don't drink all the time but once and a while like to have one.
 cityboy37
Msg: 381
Posted: 11/15/2006 4:48:13 PM
what a totally niave remark. considering the percentage of people that smoke you probably talk to a pot smoker every day. iF YOU WORK IN THE SERVICE INDUSTRY ITS MORE LIKE EVERY HOUR. What do you think is going to happen talking to someone that smokes pot.you will laugh and that is bad? It might rub off on you You should be less judgemental .
 jenny~dee
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2006 12:10:26 PM
yes we can handle the pot heads. actually depends on their views upon it. i used to smoke pot i have quit for over two years now, and i dont mind ppl around me that smoke it, it's pro choice.
 ManCrap
Msg: 383
Posted: 11/16/2006 4:14:24 PM
and at one point, so was cocaine. I dont like it. but I dont knock others that use it. I just dont like excuses. handle your pot and business elsewhere. not around kids or people that dont like it. if you didnt know it, it's a bad first impression.
 cng8807
Msg: 384
Posted: 11/16/2006 5:24:35 PM
haha medication of choice..you people make me laugh..hehe
 Trees202
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2006 5:40:42 PM
My brother and his friends smoked a lot of pot. They'd just sit there and smoke it and waste their lives. They are all highschool dropouts and none of them had a job. Eventually they all ended up doing harder drugs too and becoming violent bad people.

I know that not all people who smoke pot are like that...but...that has left a "very bad taste" in my mouth concerning pot. I would NOT date someone who smoked it and... I probably wouldn't be friends with them either. Nothing beyond casual acquaintance.
 quadmom
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2006 6:01:50 PM
There are SO many "normal" folks that smoke pot..recreationally. Just as one would drink in a social setting. I've learned enough to broaden my mind and not lump pot smokers in the same group as say...IV drug users and such. Most folks think its "harmless" and those who do usually have their act together enough to know when to puff and when not to.

I myself, don't smoke and haven't since college really. But my reasons are:

A.) it someone incapacitates me and I have small kids to look after
B.) once I'm high...its "feed me...fu** me..and let me sleep. If I can't have all those things in that order, then I dont' want to bother.

And folks comparing it to cocaine and such..get a grip. I mean, people who smoke pot aren't desperate drug abusers. As for the illegal crap..slavery was legal once. Need I say more. The authorities don't know their ass from a hole in the ground half the time.

NO I would never allow it around my children...if they choose to do something like that it will be something they come to on their own. Its not good for you, but neither is smoking cigarettes and folks light up like the Fourth of July daily.
 i_want_a_girl
Msg: 387
Posted: 11/16/2006 6:07:30 PM
I think there's a whole lot of people on pof who are uptight and judgemental... i'm glad none of you wanna date someone who smokes---that means you're not bothering to email me and clog up my box. by not having to log onto pof to delete emails of losers, i've got more time to smoke it up. holier than thou asses.....
 tooltimetim
Msg: 388
Posted: 11/16/2006 6:08:42 PM
Addicton needs to be addressed, No matter if its Pot Coke Herion Booze Gambling even Cigarettes. Addiction make monsters of those addicted and is very hard to live with...Addicts have trouble dealing with many things...their feelings and emotions, their sexuality,their hygene, their spirituality,...Now it's not their fault it's the way the drugs booze and gambling affect their brains nerve endings...it;s the charictaristic of the drug and the alcohol to do that to a brain

I smoke cigarettes...and when I attempt to quit I feel my spirituality changing it really is amazing...I can last 2 or 3 weeks but i don't take that new found spiritual power use it properly...One needs to pray more regularly, ask God for the strenght to continue. Pray non stop for every thing in live

God can I live with a pot smoker...Amen
 biginvt
Msg: 389
Posted: 11/16/2006 6:16:00 PM
I think i'll pick door #1 and i do smoke!
 biginvt
Msg: 390
Posted: 11/16/2006 6:17:02 PM
AMEEEEEENNNNNNN. !!!
 kathy411
Msg: 391
Posted: 11/16/2006 6:19:21 PM
I can only handle a pot-smoker who doesn't send me outside to have a cigarette, while they enjoy their joint indoors! (maybe it DOES kill brain cells afterall! lol)
 nice_try
Msg: 392
Posted: 11/16/2006 8:54:02 PM
Yawn...! Rukiddingme? This much banter over pot?
 cute_physics_guy
Msg: 393
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2006 3:12:29 AM
I ended a relationship or two because the person I was dating started smoking pot after we started dating. Maybe some can handle it, but I'm going to say that most wouldn't be interested and it would be an instant turn off.
 whowantstoknowjoe
Msg: 394
Posted: 11/20/2006 4:34:32 AM
@kathy411

I make my friends go out on the balcony to smoke there cigarettes cuz cigarette smoke sits in the air way longer, The smell is much stronger, has a lot more chemicals in it then pot, and if one person has a smoke someone else will usually want to have one too and if I havve a few friends over for the night they would probably smoke 5:1 cigarettes each:joints shared

Bongs if done right can leave almost no smell

30 mins with the balcony door open and air fresher on and you couldn't tell the difference I could wake up a day later and smell cigarettes.
 kathy411
Msg: 395
Posted: 11/20/2006 3:30:45 PM
So let me get this straight ... if you walk into a pot smoker's house two days after their last joint, you would have no idea that they had been smoking pot. Fair enough ... life isn't supposed to make much sense, anyway.

whowantstoknowjoe
Msg: 396
Posted: 11/20/2006 10:11:11 PM
I don't know about your houses ventalation but theres no way 2 days later you'd smell it in my apartment. the only thing that would absorb it would be my carpets and I vacumm those fairly often, my couch and chair are leather so they don't absorb smell easily either.

If I turn on my air freshner, a fan and open the door I'd be willing to bet it would be gone in a matter of hours.
 velvet thorn
Msg: 397
Posted: 11/20/2006 10:21:16 PM
Why sure. A non-pothead is always welcome to date/love/whatever a pothead. It's just the pothead may not remember much about you, forgets important things, forgets important dates/functions/events or doesn't remember enough to recall them accurately, usually can't keep 'it' up, tends to loose most of their sex drive and find the pothead buddies much more fun to be with 24-hours a day 7-days a week, will wear the same t-shirt for days and maybe even the same underwear, may not recall the kids are in the back seat of the car/van when they stop just for a moment to chat with the friends. I'm sure I'm leaving alot out but after a long term marriage to a pothead I think I spead from wisdom.
 hartmcgin
Msg: 398
Posted: 11/20/2006 10:33:56 PM
Good Job, Raven.... It wasn't the 30 years of marijuana use that destroyed my liver, it was the 30 years of alcohol that did that. Never was in a fight getting high, but fought a many of fights being stupidly drunk. I'll take a doobie anyday, it might lower my sperm count, but it also makes me horny as hell............
 whowantstoknowjoe
Msg: 399
Posted: 11/21/2006 8:44:34 PM
velvet thorn no offense but it sounds like your exhusband was probably pretty dumb before. Don't try to shift the blame there are plenty of people that are self-motivated, organized and successful that smoke on a regular basis. Don't let one lazy slob effect your judgement of people that happen to smoke pot there are a lot of great people that you wont get the opportunity to meet because you made that call on something that is now viewed in our society as less harmful and as popular as smoking cigarettes and drinking.
 Creehåzy
Msg: 400
Posted: 12/12/2006 3:06:35 PM
I think you are completely stunned, just like your ex. Blame it on genetics, not marijuana, thanks.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?