Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RoniMay
Msg: 451
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 19 of 77    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
I want to thank some of you for making me feel better about my "wild, younger years" with articles such as recent studies have proven that......

I quit smoking pot years ago when I started back in college, it just wasn't condusive for studying, so I quit. Once I did I found that I was better able to concentrate on the work at hand..namely Algebra...but also dicovered that my husband and I had nothing in common BUT the pot and two children. I kept the kids and he kept the pot..... to his demise.

Would I date anyone who was a user?...probably not if knew of their use. Do I think pot smokers are bad or stupid people?...no, it's just my choice not to engage in or be around it any longer...after all it is an illegal substance, and that in itself makes it risky behavior!
 greenfeather
Msg: 452
view profile
History
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 1/10/2007 10:29:26 AM
I'm with Dime and Kuddlebum! But you simply can't talk about it or admit it in the open because of our current societal witch hunt. Our laws are what destroy lives, way more than the drugs.

Yes, I'd way prefer weed smokers than drunks. I live next to a bar.

And those who condemn weed as the lowest of the low...I like the person who said "do you ever listen to blues, rock, jazz... " etc. "If you condemn pot smokers, then throw out all your records, tapes etc. and stop listening to music, because you are probably listening to something created by someone who maybe might have smoked a few joints!!!!"

I know there are some burnouts & wastoids (married to one once) but come on. You just can't make a blanket judgment on something like this.
 MJ_420
Msg: 453
Posted: 1/10/2007 3:05:29 PM
Wow what a derogatory statement.

What do I want to bet that you have no problem drinking poisonous alcohol tho?
 MJ_420
Msg: 454
Posted: 1/10/2007 3:10:54 PM
I've been there. My first love was a complete pothead and addicted to the playstation. He spent more time with that machine and his guy friends than he did with me. (Rogers came out with a Water Glass that shows a couple ...him playing playstation, her standing beside him... one word undernieth the picture ...NEGLECTING). I had to by it for the realism in it. The fact is your bf just doesn't care about you enough anymore. You need to make an ultimatum, either he pay attention to you and continue the relationship or move on. Pot is no excuse for lack of attention.
 MJ_420
Msg: 455
Posted: 1/10/2007 3:12:03 PM
To Jlizzy

I've been there. My first love was a complete pothead and addicted to the playstation. He spent more time with that machine and his guy friends than he did with me. (Rogers came out with a Water Glass that shows a couple ...him playing playstation, her standing beside him... one word undernieth the picture ...NEGLECTING). I had to by it for the realism in it. The fact is your bf just doesn't care about you enough anymore. You need to make an ultimatum, either he pay attention to you and continue the relationship or move on. Pot is no excuse for lack of attention.
 toshido
Msg: 456
Posted: 1/10/2007 3:19:20 PM
I am not a pot-smoker and have never even tried it, in fact, I, as a point of personal choice, find it reprehensible.. I've heard enough of the "not as bad as alcohol" bull-s**t. There's a major difference.. one is legal and one is NOT.. I would never date a current pot-smoker, though I was with a former pot-smoker for a number of years in which she quit because she knew how much it bothered me. It's a crutch for people who can't handle reality...People with inner strength don't need to get high on anything.
 Jlizzy
Msg: 457
Posted: 1/14/2007 6:04:00 AM
MJ thanks so much!

I am struggling with my bf. As an aquarian it's definately true that I am very very loyal so can't just walk away so easily as some people have advised me, until I know that it will definately not work. I'm close to that point..

Also where can I buy such a waterglass?? :)

It seems also it affects his desire to be with me in bed both to cuddle up and for sex which i find really hard to believe for any guy..

Does anyone know the connections between a-pot and desire for sex and b-pot and carelessness?
 sauciewench
Msg: 458
Posted: 1/14/2007 6:24:38 AM
Hi - I think Raven is the only one here who knows what they are talking about, the only intellectual and insightful post I read on this board. Go Raven!!!! Great brain cells baybee!
 sarcasticgeek
Msg: 459
Posted: 1/14/2007 6:50:08 AM
I personally won't date anyone who smokes pot on even a semi-regular basis. I'm not a narc or a prude or anything, but that would be a part of her life that I could never share. I would always know that there are times when I'm not around that she's getting stoned, almost like she was sneaking around doing something behind my back. There are just too many non-drug users out there for me to pick one who isn't.
 thelionsden
Msg: 460
Posted: 1/14/2007 7:02:53 AM
nope not me
if you want to do it that's your choice but it's mine not to date someone who does
 EnglishJohnScott
Msg: 461
Posted: 1/14/2007 7:24:01 AM
Very Good.
Some neat Ladies can ,but right...not for excess or even behind their backs.
Rarely for a special treat is E.
Once upon a time.
Sir Walter took the wrong kind of leaf to a Red headed & very fiesty English Queen.
Then he made her stone cold jealous with her ladies in waiting and so she chopped off his bloody head .
Not very swift for the original nicotene introducing geezer.

The fact that Two thirds of our jails are filled with honest Yanks is bloody very shameful.
While they let the scumbag child perverts go free.
Our special California Governor puffs along quietly.
At least The History channel tells the truth.
It does not lead "normal people" into nastier things.
Except maybe for munching out in the fridge.
The law will be changed one day.
But Too many brain washed hippocrites will lose their jobs.
They cannot even hope to stop it going on and they bloodywell know it too.
They would rather build more really exspensive jails for decent folk.
The People even voted towards it and they have disregarded it.enough.from.
English John Scott
 tcky123
Msg: 462
Posted: 1/14/2007 10:20:22 AM
I do smoke ciggarettes occasionally but when I met my bf he smokes pot a lot and honestly it never bothered me figg I even smoke with him but I dont like it, we still do ocassional other stuff harder than pot and we have jolly good time.
 toofuxckiingsceneex
Msg: 463
Posted: 1/14/2007 10:56:26 AM
eek! i agree to this one.
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2007 10:58:12 AM
i'm wondering who messege 455 was talking to.
i like pot heads , unless they are total burnouts, but pretty much every guy i have ever been in love with was a pot head.
i just like the way they think.
 DatingAdvice
Msg: 465
Posted: 1/14/2007 11:32:22 AM
datingadvice is here!

I don't like the smell of it, but I wish that I could get the thrill
and urgency of creativity. (hehehe just standing there with mouth open)

I think I can, it's just a mind thing, a reward center thing maybe.

Uh, it does hurt when I quit smoking to see ones I care about smoking anything,
cause I can smell more.

~datingadvice still not miss it
 dr poppi
Msg: 466
Posted: 1/14/2007 11:46:06 AM
As someone who indulges quite a bit in the herb, I have to say, if your not in the right head frame, or tend to use it habitually just cuase, then problems occur. though if your into having a couple of puffs regardless when (instead of finishing off the whole joint to yourself), then its like having a drink and doesn;t detract from a relationship. i personally like to be on the same page as the person I'm with, so i will not get totally blazed if I'm trying to have a meaningful conversation, or its time to be serious.

Tho, I don't think I could date someone that didn't partake occasionally (cause I'm big itno sharing experiences).

Its a lifestyle choice at the end of a day. And I like my weed.
 justplainbored
Msg: 467
Posted: 1/14/2007 11:50:47 AM
Personally I never got past the smell. But so long as she's not going all Cheech and Chong with it, I guess that'd be okay.
 smitten2meetu
Msg: 468
Posted: 1/14/2007 11:56:00 AM
I can't stand the smell of pot, I hate how people act being high and the relationship would be a waste of my time. If a man wants to enjoy his pot, then knowing me will be short lived.
 Byrd
Msg: 469
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2007 4:57:46 PM
Get the hell away from my stash!!! I love getting high I don't do it all the time I'm not like totally obsessed with it...But I love the way it makes me feel very positive like there are no limits I stopped once for 14 years and that was a mistake no one would get between me and refer..I would not be with a woman that did not smoke pot.
 Linds32
Msg: 470
Posted: 1/14/2007 7:12:25 PM
I have never smoked pot and have absolutely no intention of ever doing it. Unfortunately I have dated 2 guys who smoked pot religiously and hated every second of when they were doing it. I can't handle the smell and just watching them smoke made me cringe. So I absolutely learned my lesson, I am never dating someone who smokes pot again... NEVER! I am sure that there are plenty of people out there who wouldn't mind, but it just is not for me.
 Random Entry
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2007 8:15:53 PM
No, I would not be likely to date a pot smoker. Well, maybe, it depends how much of their life seems to revolve around that. If they were heavily involved, no. But then abusers usually mask themselves well to look like the occasional user.

The problem is that most of the tokers I have known have revolved their lives too much around it and when it distracts from us having a social life together then I make a clean cut. Friends have been very surprised because I will do this, even after a decade of friendship, with no warning. It left one reeling and borderline stalker behavior.

uniquegirl: People do not come out and say it because its illegal. It is things like this it is best to ask and reask over and over again at random times to truly figure out a person. You will get different answers on different issues as you get closer to a person.

But I do think it should be decriminalized. Even George Washington's personal diary mentioned him growing hemp. The bible clearly says in Genesis God gives mankind every animal and plant on this earth for our use. But in return I think we should take care of them, too.

dime: hilarious line in your bio about taking care of the kids before they bury us too soon! That had be rolling. Never heard it put quite that way before.
 bravelady
Msg: 472
Posted: 1/14/2007 9:26:34 PM
personally, i dont smoke weed, havent for a long time, but most of my friends do, and i have no problem with it at all. these days, you're really limiting yourself if you cant accept it, seems alot of peeps partake in 420
 drg1301
Msg: 473
Posted: 2/10/2007 2:28:42 PM
I would rather deal with some one who smoked pot just once or twice a week then deal with some one who gets drunk once or twice a week.
 lonely96
Msg: 474
view profile
History
can pot smokers handle non-pot smokers?
Posted: 2/10/2007 2:58:45 PM
I myself have reciently partaken of Herbal Experimentation. So in relivance... How would you feel if you were hanging out at the house chillin, watching tv. Your girl walks in and starts yelling at you LITERALLY for no reason.
How then does a "stoned" person cope?
 Cher-Bear
Msg: 475
can pot smokers handle non-pot smokers?
Posted: 2/10/2007 3:43:25 PM
I don't smoke pot....so I would never date someone whom I knew smoked "pot".....considering I have children......Now if it was a big party....like Big Valley Jamboree....and someone pulled out a joint....I'd be OK with that.......I wouldn't do it but if they wanted to, then that would be OK with me.......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?