Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Last Knight
Msg: 551
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 23 of 77    (9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49)
You obviously havent tried doing it while stoned. I dont know about testosterone levels, but it certainly makes for a unique and amazing experience! *thumbs up* I dont see why you Americans make such a problem out of it. In England its not a problem. Sure if someone is hooked on it, they will have more than a few brain cells missing. But nothing wrong with doing it once in a while. My ex was on the same page with me and it was all good. And I wouldnt smoke in front of somwone who hates it. Simple. If you're together with someone who doesnt like it, there is always a way to compromise. But I do realise at 30 it might be more of a problem than in 20, especially with kids... Good to be young I guess :)
 taurus516
Msg: 552
view profile
History
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 3/12/2007 12:25:59 PM

This is all about cultural warfare. It's ok for desperate housewives to abuse their valium prescriptions because they're upper middle-class, but those damn beatniks and black folk with their mary-jane are ruining this country.

Cultural warfare,you said it.That's exactly it.That's the reason the laws against MJ were enacted to begin with.At first to make sure Willaim Randolf Hearst's multi million dollar investment wasn't compromised with competition from hemp and to keep Mexicans out of the country during the Depression.

Anti pot laws and anti pot sentiment belongs back in the days of the Jim Crow south and other antiquated ways of thinking.
 lindy_3333
Msg: 553
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2007 12:29:34 PM
If they made it legal, which I believe they should, for many reasons, I wouldn't have any issue with it, as long as the weed didn't take over the person's life. It's neither bad or good.. just something we all have to deal with and make decisions about.

It sure would help the tax payers pay bills. Prisons would be fairly empty and our economy would change some. But all in all it would be great. Sell the stuff like cigarettes and fund things that need money... BESIDES the military!! Like public services, public schooling and college funding, and medical services.

Linda
 tieio
Msg: 554
Posted: 3/12/2007 2:35:58 PM
This is something that doesn't bother me at all, I find sometimes people are more fun or relaxed when they do this and that can be a great thing. I haven't met too many crazy pot smokers.
 drg1301
Msg: 555
Posted: 3/12/2007 3:46:06 PM
I also seems to me if you need pot to have fun or relax you are a boring sad individual

Said by a social drinker.
 Cory74
Msg: 556
Posted: 3/12/2007 4:24:05 PM
As a non smoker of anything, I was totally against it. However after talking to someone who does it for medicinal purposes I have changed my mind. I have talked to her both stoned and straight (more straight than not) and I have no problems with her and would date her if other situations were right. Her pot smoking is a non factor.
 outdoorchef
Msg: 557
Posted: 3/12/2007 6:36:43 PM
Timothy Leary once wrote:
Think for yourself
Question authority

Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness; chaotic, confused, vulnerability to inform yourself.

Think for yourself.
Question authority.

Sorta says something about cannabis
Everything thats here on this planet naturally, is meant to be here.
 whater39
Msg: 558
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2007 9:10:45 PM
Smoking weed is only one aspect of life. I dont' think it should overpower the rest.

A person would NOT be out of line to say "when your around me, can you not smoke weed".

I think it would be silly to miss out on an amazing person, b/c of a small aspect of life.
 sixteenxvi
Msg: 559
Posted: 3/13/2007 2:21:52 PM
sorry, maybe it is a southeastern us thing, but when i say "pot smoker" i mean "burnout" i have never met a regular smoker who could string more than three words together into a cohesive sentence.
 taurus516
Msg: 560
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2007 2:34:39 PM

i have never met a regular smoker who could string more than three words together into a cohesive sentence.

Gee, does this mean you think President GW Bush is a pot smoker?I'm a regular pot smoker,you want to count the words I've written on this site alone?Are they cohesive enough for you?
 sebberry
Msg: 561
Posted: 3/13/2007 7:09:52 PM
I don't smoke anything, but I would rather date someone who smoked pot occasionally than cigarettes. Second hand smoke of any type bothers my allergies and I don't enjoy the smell of it.

I also know people who were heavy users of it and are quite successful in school. I know older people with masters degrees who use it for medicinal purposes.

But if you can accept the fact that some 70 year old men can take medication for ED, then why not accept the fact that some people like to smoke a dried up plant leaf?
 fuzzle
Msg: 562
Posted: 3/13/2007 7:18:51 PM
Why would I want to?
 SaintElsewhere
Msg: 563
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2007 11:36:24 AM
Shakespeare smoked marijuana. So did Carl Sagan. So did Jack Kerouac and Ernest Hemingway. I think they strung a few words together. Let's not even get into the writers who were on heroin. Or alcohol.

I think Bush was more into binge drinking and cocaine. Now those are some all-american vices!

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Smokers and non-smokers together. In my experience one person pulls the other person into it. I started smoking because my first live in girlfriend did. When we split, I quit. It's hard to just sit and watch when you live together.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 564
Posted: 3/14/2007 11:55:49 AM
Cohesiveness of sentences aside... if you are going to smoke pot, at least be honest about it so that people can make choices according to their values... it IS considered a drug whether you agree or not...
 washis2004
Msg: 565
Posted: 3/14/2007 12:17:01 PM
i don't really think anyone has a right to judge anyones opinion about this topic. if you want to smoke pot, go ahead..it's a choice. the same as it is a choice for someone to not want to date a pot smoker...it is an individuals right to choose what they do or don't want in their lives...i don't smoke pot but i know plenty of people who do...do i think it is evil? absolutly not...but if someone doesn't want to smoke pot it doesn't make them "ignorant" or " narrow minded". it is a choice that they made, just like someone who wants to smoke...why is it that only pot smokers are open minded and intelligent?? i don't smoke pot and don't really consider myself a dummy...it just isn't my thing...people who judge that decision are not different then those who consider pot smokers immature burnouts...do we see how all this is is a big vicious circle??...lol...
 ~tigerlily
Msg: 566
Posted: 3/14/2007 12:20:47 PM
^ Yes, live and let live!!!

Burn One Down
by Ben Harper

Let us burn one, from end to end.
And pass is over to me my friend.
Burn it long, but burn it slow,
to light me up before I go.

If you dont like my fire, then dont come around.
Cause I'm gonna burn one down.
Yes I'm gonna burn one down

My choice is what i chose to do;
and if I'm causin no harm,
it shouldn't bother you.
Your choice is who you chose to be;
and if your causin to harm, then your alright with me.

If you dont like my fire, then dont come around, cause I'm gona burn one down.
Yes i'm gonna burn one, down.

Herb the gift, from the Earth,
and what's from the earth is of the greatest worth.
So before u knock it, try it first.
and you'll see it's a blessing and it's not a curse.
If you dont like my fire, then dont come around,
cause i'm gonna burn one down.
Yes i'm gonna burn one.

oh yeah
 plentyofrick
Msg: 567
Posted: 3/14/2007 1:06:19 PM
I can tolerate all sorts of idiots (operative words being "tolerate" and "idiots").
I wouldn't waste my time dating one though, I'll just wait for that special crack head/ heroin addict to come along.
 serenaoak
Msg: 568
Posted: 3/15/2007 9:20:02 PM
Brain cells are like a herd of buffalo... marijuana only kills off the slowest and weakest brain cells, thus strengthening the health of the herd. That's why the more pot you smoke, the smarter you get. Alcohol, on the other hand, simply pickles your brain cells, making them sloppy and stupid...
 bursts of flavour
Msg: 569
Posted: 3/15/2007 9:28:11 PM
ya i think so.. but it also depends... i dont smoke and i just recently quit any type of drug.. regardless if it may be 'reasonably good' for you lol like weed and the likings lol... i have had smokers all around me my whole life... and i dont just mean pot smokers i mean cigarette smokers...i am now legitamately out of all of my friends the only one NOT to smoke anything at all.... but i did find out that i am slightly allergic to smoke so i cant really be around it for too long ... thank god for the new smoking laws in ontario :D
 Leana76
Msg: 570
Posted: 3/17/2007 4:55:26 AM
I used to, but not anymore. I don't like anyone who does drugs around me, even pot. No thanks, I'll pass and good luck with you...But I got other things to do...See ya.
 000firefighter
Msg: 571
Posted: 3/17/2007 5:20:28 AM
To all the pot smokers out there,,,so at what age is it acceptable to let your children smoke pot???? another can of worms to be opened!!!!
 Nikkie_87
Msg: 572
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2007 5:42:42 AM
definetly not, had 2 partners who where smokers n it ended up causing arguements n the sex time decreases with pot now my bfs stopped smokin hes like the energizer bunny lol
 plentyofrick
Msg: 573
Posted: 3/17/2007 7:14:06 AM

Brain cells are like a herd of buffalo... marijuana only kills off the slowest and weakest brain cells, thus strengthening the health of the herd. That's why the more pot you smoke, the smarter you get

this is one of the stupidest things I've seen. brain cells are like buffalo,
seems your herd must be made up of really slow retarded buffalo that need a diet and exercise program.
 serenaoak
Msg: 574
Posted: 3/17/2007 8:20:51 AM
Have you no sense of subtlety? Some people can't string three words together, and others wouldn't know a joke if it hit them over the head, with or without pot.
 smitten2meetu
Msg: 575
Posted: 3/18/2007 1:52:38 AM
I wonder if you're children see you smoking pot, what do you tell them and when can they start...."Hey dad, pass me a toke?"

It can't work when you have a partner that like to smoke pot and you don't, and I don't plan to wait for you to decide that you're grown up to stop smoking weed.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?