Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 edwardo66
Msg: 701
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 29 of 77    (15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55)
As for the original thread on this, Can non pot smokers handle pot smokers, iseem to be the opposite.I have a harder time with non pot smokers than pot smokers. Guess there is truth to that saying birds of feather will flock together Oh well,watta you do.............lol
 drg1301
Msg: 702
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 4/6/2007 6:30:11 PM
I find the occasional pot smoker to be more outgoing. laid back, and less judgmental then someone who is a occasional drinker.
They are also likely to have a greater appreciation of people.
 dysoleray
Msg: 703
Posted: 4/6/2007 6:54:02 PM
occasional pot smokers i don't think any one would have much issue about. They excersise there persoanl right to indulge here and there.Whats wrong with that.nothing.I've worked outta alot of outlets(city's)across alberta! i refuse to comment on many other provinces cause i haven't delt with them(except B.C)i worked outta B.C to.But A hell of alot of city's across Alberta the drugs ARE the focal point.I thought Fort Mcmurray was a great little town.The lil ol lady that allowed me to stay with her was fabulous.She treated me like a son while i stayed with her.But that city is beyond ravaged by drugs and sadly 80% of the people abusing that are The same idiots who work in the oil industry who are responsible for operating heavy equiptment,and larger responasbilities where others are affected by them.The occasional users who are responsable about it are great.The idiots who abuse it,and put more at stake are the problem!
 sugar_n_ spice
Msg: 704
Posted: 4/6/2007 7:20:13 PM
no, i would not ever. Im totaly not on the same wave as any pot smoker.
Deal Breaker for me!!!
But hey, if you want a pot smoker and you are not a pot smoker. ... knock yourself out!!
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 705
Posted: 4/6/2007 7:31:25 PM
Edward:

And yet yur profile says you drink socially. Whats the difference then between you and someone who tokes socially then?

How about honesty??

If someone wants nothing to do with me due to my desire to have a social drink occassionally, so be it... at least I give people that option by answering honestly in my profile...

If you are sooo proud and in staunch defense of it, why not be honest about it?
 mfh2112
Msg: 706
Posted: 4/6/2007 7:38:16 PM
Don't waste your time with Eddie.....he's got a temper.
 edwardo66
Msg: 707
Posted: 4/6/2007 7:53:55 PM
Ya i got one with peices of work like you MFH.As for the previous comment I never said I didnt like drinkers as I am one myself.All I meant was that she shouldnt judge people who use mood altering substances when she uses one herself,thats all.And as for you MFH,calling people pedophiles has gotten some people badly injured or worse,you might want to choose your words more carefully,I'm sure there is alot of pot smokers in Toronto who might take offense to a comment like that and your not too bright posting them where everyone can see along with your pic.You musta been on some really bad drugs when you wrote thatand if anybody is wondering where that comment is then go look at comment #667 and see for yourself
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 708
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:03:22 PM
^^ You didn't answer my question..

I asked you if you are sooo proud of it, why can't you be honest about it in your profile?

Give people the power to choose whether they want anything to do with you based on your drug usage..
 edwardo66
Msg: 709
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:09:42 PM
It is there in my profile.It says i'm 420 friendly and always looking for smoking partners.If you are refering to the do you use drugs question,in B.C.,smoking pot dont qualify for a yes on that part as it is very acceptable out here but it is in the other part of my profile for all to see as plain as day. Thing are different in alberta as I lived in Medicine Hat for a bit and I couldnt beleive how paranoid pot users were about getting caught for simple possesion,we dont worry about that out here. I hope that answers your question.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 710
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:13:45 PM
I have been on both sides of the fence. And to your question NO, a stoner and a non-stoner are just not on the same plane. Your view on life in general is just completely different.

mfh2112
Msg: 711
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:15:37 PM
Your mouth shouldn't write cheques your a$$ can't cash.

Go back and reread my post. I said their logic is the same. Thats it. Maybe that's just too advanced for you.
You're just a broken record Eddie. Everytime someone posts a anti-pot comment you jump right in with "you shouldn't judge people..."
But thats just how we navigate through the minefield by judging right from wrong, good from bad.
 drg1301
Msg: 712
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:15:59 PM
Your view on life in general is just completely different.

How so? I don't smoke pot or drink. I would rather be with a occasional pot smoker then a occasional drinker.

Edit- No the logic between a pedophile and a pot smoker is not the same.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 713
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:17:04 PM
Edward: I haven't seen anywhere in the pof rules that smoking pot doesn't qualify as drug usage if you live in BC.. rather skewed theory there..

Didn't realize this would become a war of the provinces... I don't base my opinions on what the majority of the people in my province believe.. lol.. how ridiculous!

I didn't read your profile because once I saw your chronological age I was utterly shocked..

You have truly shown a MUCH younger mentality here on this thread.. but I am glad you are honest enough to include that information somewhere in your profile..
 pujakama
Msg: 714
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:19:15 PM

I have been on both sides of the fence. And to your question NO, a stoner and a non-stoner are just not on the same plane. Your view on life in general is just completely different.

My happy 6 year marriage to a non-smoker proves you wrong.
 mfh2112
Msg: 715
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:21:34 PM
Eddie doesn't realize that drug laws are federally regulated not provincially. The Coppers turn a blind eye because they don't have the resources to arrest everybody. Just because he hasn't been caught yet doesn't mean he won't.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 716
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:24:26 PM
I'm talking about smoking daily, If you do not smoke you will get frustrated dating someone that does.

O by the way I have never gottin high and wanted to do a kid.
 edwardo66
Msg: 717
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:24:49 PM
Well Mfh,I did go back and read it and it said on post #667 that i was as bad as a pedophile,how plain is that.Try and explain it away all you want.And as for the check cashing part I never said it would be me did I? Your the one who wrote that pot smokers were like pedophiles,not me.Good luck getting outta that one.And to saasyaquarius,its got nothing to do with a war between the provinces,just a different attitude towards something that exists in different areas.Happens all over the world on all sorts of stuff.Oh and to answer mfh comment on how i havent been caught well actually i have with $40 bucks worth but the cop gave it back and sent me off with a warning,imagine that,so much for your theory about the enforcement being universal across the country.People rarely go to jail here for possesion,not like in other parts.Even the growers have a avereage sentence here of just 30 days with many never seeing a cell at all.and oh ya,gotta make a correction,that comment is #677.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 718
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:29:05 PM
You must have a vary cool mate.

Did they ever smoke?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

What the hell
 pujakama
Msg: 719
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:29:39 PM

I'm talking about smoking daily, If you do not smoke you will get frustrated dating someone that does.

I smoke daily, I am also still happily married for the last 6 years. You are still wrong.

You must have a vary cool mate.

Of corse I do. It would be the height of stupidity (or desperation) to marry someone who wasnt very cool.

Since you made a "you must" about me, ill make one about you. You must be making your assumptions on a relationship that went bad. It is a mistake to think that all situations will in any way mimic your own.
 JIMuutq
Msg: 720
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:34:21 PM
I am just saying that the person you are married to is cool with it.

Most are not. If they have never smoked then they have a tendency to freakout when you lite up.

I guess what I am saying is if you smoke and you meat up with someone who has never, they have a problem with it.

At least that is my experience with it.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 721
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:35:17 PM
How exactly can ANYONE be wrong on this thread? It all boils down to choice!!

The pedophile thing is being taken waaay out of context.. he didn't say smoking pot makes you a pedophile!

There is an awful lot of justification going on around here.. makes you wonder why it is even necessary? Like I said, its all about choice, be proud of the choices you make. Period.

I know I am proud to be drug free and want the same in a mate.. my perogative :)
 edwardo66
Msg: 722
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:35:22 PM
Right on pujakama,thats very cool.Keep on tokinNo he said pot smokers were like pedophiles comment #677 go look for yourself
 JIMuutq
Msg: 723
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:40:00 PM
Well, being more of a tweaker then a stoner most of my stoner friends get on my nerves.

I'll just leave it at that.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.

Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

I hate this.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 724
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:50:00 PM

Drug addicts are always extolling the virtues of their drug. Its a portal to some other worldly experience where the user has gained Herculean powers and the insight of an Oracle. If only he could share this profound revelation with the common man there could be peace...a lasting peace...in our time for all time.
Brother I have heard it a million times if I have heard it once.
You're as bad as pedofiles who try to rationalize child abuse as love.
Are you going to try to tell me that there are no victims within the drug culture? The drug life is a bullet wound sold as a kiss but go ahead buy/sell/trade/smoke your stuff 'cause sooner or later you'll get busted.

I didn't need you to tell me to read it.. I already did.. I didn't take it out of context..

YOU did.

He is clearly NOT saying that smoking pot makes you a pedophile.. he is comparing the rationalization of a drug addict (it isn't hurting anyone) to that of a pedophile.. and also includes the fact that there are consequences for both..

I am truly sorry that that needs to be explained..

Rather telling
 drg1301
Msg: 725
Posted: 4/6/2007 8:53:32 PM
No it is rather tellling in that a person has to use a analogy such as that to try to make a non existant point. I have never heard of a pedophile that claimed that it doesn't hurt anyone.
He just wanted to use a hot button.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?