Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 edwardo66
Msg: 751
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 31 of 77    (17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57)
Yes it is a matter of personal choice as each to there own eh. As for the original question on this thread ,if you dont like pot smokers then dont hang around one,that simple.As for legalization,all over the world where it has been legalized the crime rate dropped therefore freeing up police resources to go after real crooks like murderers and rapists and such and they actually had room in the prisons for them because they werent being filled up with pot users and growers.There was even more money then for police services and other things because it was now being taxed like booze and cigs.Sounds like a win-win thing to me,the crime rate drops,more resources available and more cash available.And if canada doesnt want to legalize then they should at least decriminalize then the first two advantages would still exist.
 bleeding8 heart
Msg: 752
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 4/7/2007 6:02:54 AM
I live in bowthorpe, travelers robbing everyone, its becoming a real risk just to get any pot, got robbed a few times in the past they tryed to rob me once they wanted 50 pounds for a gram of coke, i woz on mescaline so my freind defended me, got proper beaten 3 of them batterd him to the floore they freatend to kill me ,if i didnt give them money all i had woz 20 so they took it, pot is nothing compared to coke, i remember when half these people smoked, you know when they wasnt thugs ,norwich has a big pill and coke market, pot is the least harmful i dont think its a good thing but it doesnt cause crime.
 edwardo66
Msg: 753
Posted: 4/7/2007 6:06:28 AM
Same sorta thing here.Crack and crystal meth are the real problem,not pot.If they left the pot heads alone then they could spend more time on the real problem drugs.
 RobinSingle
Msg: 754
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2007 8:56:25 AM
agree. uncle sam (and our uncles to the north and south) are losing out on the biggest cash crop - ever. talk about taking money from the hands of organized crime and making that money available to solve other - more important social issues (and cancelling the national debt). Uncle sam already grows it (its call norinol - high grade usda grown - medical marijana - they don't buy it on the street) They should put it in vending machines and tax the hell out of it.....problem solved.
 Craves_Simplicity
Msg: 755
Posted: 4/7/2007 10:37:56 AM
I like to think of myself as a person who can handle anyone...
Would I want/date a pot-smoker? Hell no...
I don't associate with that kind of environment...
 TRGL
Msg: 756
Posted: 4/7/2007 7:22:37 PM
A once in awhile pot smoker yes,...but, an all the time pot smoker...HELL NO. I was dating this girl that smoked for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We (I) would be trying to have a conversation with her and she would start laughing at nothing, right out of the blue....very, very annoying.
 Pitmaster
Msg: 757
Posted: 4/7/2007 8:55:49 PM
Ask any doper on here what they think they have accomplished in their lives, and listen to their turgid allusions, let them live in it. Let them fail. They suddenly all turn AA to justify their substance abuse. Their family and acquaintances know what they haven't done, the lethargic, non-motivated, unsuccessful, useless eaters we all know.
 drg1301
Msg: 758
Posted: 4/7/2007 9:02:54 PM

Ask any doper on here what they think they have accomplished in their lives, and listen to their turgid allusions, let them live in it. Let them fail. They suddenly all turn AA to justify their substance abuse. Their family and acquaintances know what they haven't done, the lethargic, non-motivated, unsuccessful, useless eaters we all know.

As a former smoker do you really want me to answer that?
Lets start with a paid off house.
I also own my parents place. With only 10Gs left to pay on that one.
I pay all of my folks bills and do all the work at their place as well as mine.
I am a foreman at work and oversee my crew as well as bid jobs.
My vehicles are paid off.
I also care for my elderly parents.

Now did you have any other idiotic questions.

That is what you get for making stupid generalizations about people.
 Pitmaster
Msg: 759
Posted: 4/7/2007 10:08:36 PM

Now did you have any other idiotic questions.

No drg, thank you. Prosecution rests.
 marleymae
Msg: 760
Posted: 4/7/2007 10:58:07 PM
I smoke pot for back pain and for pain only. I don't smoke it everyday or crave it when I don't have it. Pot is proven in effectively managing pain and for someone like me, who suffers chronic pain, it is a God send. I don't see it as a bad thing at all.
I am a good person who holds down a great job with great family and friends and I also attend church. I see pot as something that was put ont his earth for a reason and it has proven that to me.
Alcohol is man made and causes many deaths each year and yet people drink it without blinking an eyelid. This is because it is legal and therefore everyone thinks it is quite O.K which, as we all know, is totally wrong. I am not alcohol bashing as I also drink socially, just trying to get my point across.
 WonkaBar
Msg: 761
Posted: 4/7/2007 11:07:38 PM

Alcohol is man made.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the whole fermenting process is natural. We just help it along.

I tell ya, every time this thread pops up in my last 25, I get that "Smoke two joints" song stuck in my head.
 edwardo66
Msg: 762
Posted: 4/8/2007 12:04:05 AM
Me too.........Lol
 mfh2112
Msg: 763
Posted: 4/8/2007 10:08:22 PM
"As a former smoker do you really want me to answer that? "

You're a former smoker. Could you have accomplished all of that and still be a smoker?
 drg1301
Msg: 764
Posted: 4/8/2007 10:12:31 PM
You're a former smoker. Could you have accomplished all of that and still be a smoker?

I quit smoking pot 5 yrs ago and the only thing that I wasn't doing then was taking care of my parents. At that time they didn't need it.

EDIT -I had to get a CDL license for work. The company needed someone who could deliver the heavy equipment to the job site as well as run it.
 mfh2112
Msg: 765
Posted: 4/8/2007 10:14:52 PM
Why'd you quit?
 marleymae
Msg: 766
Posted: 4/8/2007 10:41:40 PM
Yes, whilst the fermentation process is natural, so is dope growing out of the ground. Pain killers are tablets concocted by a pharmacist in a lab and can also be highly addictive.
The stats showing marijuana related deaths and alcohol related deaths speak for themselves. Then there is ciggarettes and many other hard drugs............
 indrinita
Msg: 767
Posted: 4/8/2007 11:06:07 PM
In short yes, it's a big hassle if you don't smoke pot and you're trying to be with someone who does, and no, non-pot smokers cannot handle pot smokers. I've tried being with a doper, but it really does detract from the relationship, so I won't anymore. One person is always seeing things in a different perspective than the other one - men and women already have a hard time understanding each other sometimes, without throwing something like this into the mix! Pot smokers should just stick with each other as far as dating is concerned, and leave the non-pot smokers in peace!
 bleeding8 heart
Msg: 768
Posted: 4/9/2007 6:35:17 AM
ive achieved nothing,im 19 with no car i know pot has made me careless, no ambition i know some old hippie will have some negative comment to say, but i can admit ive achieved nothing the first step to rehab, ive stopped pills crack and shroomes so i can stop the cannabis ive still got youth its not to late.
 Robin4wheels
Msg: 769
Posted: 4/9/2007 7:11:26 AM

toke their way to a vegetative state

Say what? From just marijuanna? Can they pick a green bean or a carrot, or must they be the vegetable of the month?

What benefit does society get from legalizing dope?
That's the only question that needs to be asked.

I will take out the word DOPE there and put in POT, seeing as that is what this thread is all about. ("Dope" can mean all the hard stuff too)
My answer to your question...
Society would benefit with:
less stress
more smiles
less rush
less fighting
and more tax revenue because the govt. WOULD tax it!!
(to name a few)
 mfh2112
Msg: 770
Posted: 4/9/2007 7:37:22 AM
You shouldn't have to rely on a drug...any drug...to manage your stress.

No one would buy the Government stuff because it wouldn't be potent enough. People would still grow their own and it couldn't be controlled or taxed.

The market would be more competitive and violence would increase. Try to take a users drugs away from him and see how passive he is.

Since most POT is enhanced with something more potent than THC I think the word DOPE is accurate.

There are health risks that go with long term use and this would add to the cost of healthcare. Just as cigarettte smokers burden the healthcare system with cancers they probably would never have gotten had they not smoked.

Booze, smokes, pot....they're all bad for you.
 msusnicknel
Msg: 771
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2007 8:28:33 AM

Booze, smokes, pot....they're all bad for you

Yup....agreed. But does that mean they should all be illegal? Or, referring back to the OP, that you couldn't or wouldn't date anyone with any unhealthy hobbies or habits?

***I'm really TRYING to stay off this thread and not get drawn back into the legalization debate, hence not responding to the specifics of MFH's fallacious arguments. Not the original topic...***
 mfh2112
Msg: 772
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:25:16 AM
Hahahaha....I'm trying to do the same but others are now falling off the topic as well. Its a hard topic to avoid. Tried to find a forum on it but couldn't. Anyone know if their is a forum on legalization?

To your question:

No I wouldn't date anyone who does any drug. Nor would I date anyone who drinks regularly or smokes or is chronically obese. To me they are all unhealthy habits.
 slysterling
Msg: 773
Posted: 4/9/2007 9:38:22 AM
i don't think either of you have taken this thread too far away from it's original intent...i hope you keep going toe to toe with mfh here msusnicknel...the title seems simple enuff and it would certainly appear that both parties are handling each other quite well..
yes, there is a pot thread somewhere else in the forums, but for my two cents, this has to be one of the best debates i've ever heard not only in these forums, but in particular, this obviously well divided subject that a whole heck of a lot of people are interested in..
..let the moderators decide if it's off topic...keep duking it out until then i say

kudos' to both of you in your points
 msusnicknel
Msg: 774
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2007 10:15:58 AM

No I wouldn't date anyone who does any drug. Nor would I date anyone who drinks regularly or smokes or is chronically obese. To me they are all unhealthy habits

Well, there you have it. For you, finding someone who falls into your idea of "healthy" is important. I guess I could say the same, but my definition of "healthy" seems to differ from yours. Would I want to date someone who is constantly stoned? Probably not. Been there, done that. Someone who tokes up occasionally or even semi regularly (2 or 3 times a week) doesn't pose an issue for me. All things in moderation.

You shouldn't have to rely on a drug...any drug...to manage your stress

So would you not date someone who takes antidepressants or anti-anxiety medicine? What about someone who likes to "cut loose" or "relax" by going out and getting a little drunk on the weekends? Lots of people who smoke pot (or drink alcohol) are actually self medicating for depression, anxiety, and other such mental conditions. Personally, I'd be much more prone to trust consuming a plant I can grow in my back yard or basement than I would a chemically engineered drug pushed by pharmaceutical companies who stand to make millions by getting as many people on their drugs a spossible.

I think it boils down to priorities and amounts. Obviously, MFH couldn't "handle" a pot smoker. I, on the other hand could. That being siad, though, I probably wouldn't want to be with someone who constantly needs to be chemically impaired to deal with reality.
 bleeding8 heart
Msg: 775
why is booze legal
Posted: 4/9/2007 12:28:26 PM
i think its all bad all drugs cannabis meth doesnt matter it all changes the addicts outlook on life but what i dont understand, why is alchol legal none of it should be legal
illegalise it thats what i say its all dirty
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?