Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 missreader
Msg: 801
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 33 of 77    (19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59)
I can say I cant handle the pot smoke it 's chemical make up ...umm makes me just about vomit projectal fashion,,,,even lost a great guy because he just loved the stuff..
 VanCanuck13
Msg: 802
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 6/7/2007 12:08:52 AM
I don't mind if someone I'm dating smokes a little pot here and there with her friends. But if it's a regular or daily thing then no, it's just not something I want to be around.
 angelheart3
Msg: 803
Posted: 6/7/2007 2:04:16 AM
It's not something I want to be around nor something I can or will compromise on. Regardless of anyone's position on whether it should be legal or not, at this point in time it's not legal. And that is the bottom line for me. That being said, I have no interest in dating someone who is actively smoking pot, whether it's around me or not.

Msg 805: regarding your question about a smoker handling a non-smoker - I would have to say that it has been my limited experience that a smoker has as much difficulty handling a non-smoker as a non-smoker has with a smoker. My limited experience as a non-smoker has been that the smoker tends to force his choice down my preverbial throat...NOT.

And on the subject of perceived "unconstitutional" laws, it is a very gray area when it comes to the laws prohibiting pot. Bottom line is that we all at some point come across laws that we do not agree with. But just because we don't agree with a law isn't implied permission to break it and actually, whether or not pot smoking leads to breaking other laws is redundant at best, as, if we as a society condone the practice of breaking laws we don't agree with, then we as a society are opening in effect Pandora's box.
 alwaysdancing
Msg: 804
Posted: 6/7/2007 2:31:59 AM
Why is legal to drink a plant but illegal to smoke a plant. Alchol has killed more people then all the drugs combined.. and lets not forget ciggs
 kerrylou
Msg: 805
Posted: 6/7/2007 2:39:44 AM
Hi
Myself being a pot smoker, can't imagine myself with sum1 who don't toke. I don't like to think i am narrow minded but cant see what i would have in common with a non-toker.

So any male tokers looking 4 a toker pal then i am ya gal.

peace and love
 kerrylou
Msg: 806
Posted: 6/7/2007 3:02:45 AM
good on ya babe
i 2 am a pot smoker, 4 pleasure not pain releif. can't understand why people so dwn on it and drinking alcohol is accepted.
Cannabis is a plant and weed is a god given plant, as every plant has a purpose we love cannabis' purpose.
People may argue that cocaine and heroin also come from plants. Which of course they do, however GP's prescribe morphine/methodone to patients and that is legal.
My stepmother was on morphine for back pain and her GP didnt explain that morphine is made from opium/heroin and that it is addictive, she then had 2 wean herself off the morphine.
If cannabis had been prescibed 4 her pain no weaning off would be nessesary as claims are that cannabis in not addictive( i beleive it is psychologically addivtive)
 ajgdon
Msg: 807
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 3:03:36 PM
It depends on the person, and how co-dependant they are (LOL)
Personally, I can't see myself hanging out with a person who smokes pot.
They have fundamental issues they aren't dealing with, and it has nothing
to do with being PC tolerant of others. I don't buy the smoke screen of
"medical" pot to hide their addictive personality. If you don't mind their
paranoid schez tendencies, it's up to you. But that would mean one is totally
"needy" to be "ok" with that addiction.
 ajgdon
Msg: 808
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 3:07:05 PM
Marijuans makes one MORE depressed. While stoned you don't care. The intensity increases afterward, because the chemical remains in your tissues and accumulates.
The "medical" excuse is just that, an excuse to get high. It's the addictive personality.
 msusnicknel
Msg: 809
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:11:46 AM

The "medical" excuse is just that, an excuse to get high

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go google "Angel Reich." Then come back and try to honestly repeat that statement. I'm going to assume that quote was made out of genuine ignorance (simply not being aware of the facts) rather than stupidity (being aware of the facts and CHOOSING to ignore them.)

Marijuans makes one MORE depressed. While stoned you don't care.

You should replace the word "one" inthe forst sentence with "me." Marijuana might make YOU more depressed, but may impact another person in a completely different manner.

Shopping, going to the club, having a few beers, or watching a sappy movie might help some people relieve depression. For me, personally, it would make me more depressed. I was chatting with my doctor a few months ago, and he said, "most people would be surprised to learn that antidepressants only have about a 50% effectiveness rate. Even then, it takes a long trial and error period to figure out which one will be effective for you. On average, people have to try three different antidepressants before they find one that works for them." In other words, even with the medically approved antidepressants, what works for one person may be completely ineffective for another. Would you judge someone because the antidepressant they are taking works for them, but not you?

True enough, pot is fundamentally a depressant. However, it is important to realize that depression often has an anxiety component to it. While pot may not directly improve the depression itself, it can help relieve the anxiety, making it easier for the person to cope with their depression. (The same can be said for alcohol. Why do people like to drink when they get down? Frequently it is to help relieve the anxiety or stress they are experiencing, as alcohol is a depressant, too.)

I'm not saying every time you are feeling down to go light one up! Everything in moderation.
 Unfold
Msg: 810
Posted: 6/12/2007 7:42:33 AM
Being a non-smoker I could tolerate someone who occasionally partakes but definitely not a chronic (pun intended) user.
 muneca~brava
Msg: 811
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:31:50 PM
i am not a smoker although i am all for legalization, and my answer is NO, NO, NO!!!

unless it was a once in a blue moon kind of thing or Bill Maher ---oh and gotta add Snoop Dogg, hahaha
 Chilled_Out
Msg: 812
Posted: 6/17/2007 11:32:05 AM
I can 'handle' pot smokers... Or at least believed I could tolerate it. I had a problem once with a girlfriend who- like a few of you have mentioned- did not feel comfortable in her own skin unless I would smoke with her. That became a real problem.

Recently I started dating a girl who smokes herb. And I let her know up front i have no problem with pot or its smokers. I just don't want to be pressured to smoke if i don't want to. There has be no problem so far on that tip, however i do get sick of having conversations about why pot should be legal(though i do agree), or who she is going to smoke a joint in honor of... *rolls eyes*. A week or so we were on the topic of kids and she said point blank that she expects that her kids are going to smoke and would like to be the one to introduce it to them!! I wouldn't have major issue if my children take it up as a habit for a bit. But that is a hell of a thing to prescribe for you children before they are conceived?!

There are simply A LOT more important things than pot. And i would like to spend my little bit of time i have on the most important things i can find.
 DrHipHappy
Msg: 813
view profile
History
Posted: 6/17/2007 11:57:26 AM
I have to phrase this question differently. Why should ganjah smokers waste their time with the straight-arrow zombies who are usually full of establishment lies and BS about cannabis?

To me the ultimate deal breaker is a hypocritical woman who is on prescription meds, smokes cigarettes, and/or drinks booze BUT has the nerve to criticize my use of this sacred herb. These people also tend to be boring since they tend to be closed-minded and uninspiring in general. I reject pitiful drunks -- sittin' there all bloated and stupid. Booze has the same effect on the body as heroin.

Did you know that people in arab and hindu cultures have routinely used cannabis for over 5000 years and still do. In fact, muslims can openly smoke hashish but can be killed for being an alcoholic. Jesus and his disciples were frequent users of cannabis products. The bible makes it clear that "god gave grass for all the animals and herb for all the men." I am now a devout Rastafarian who follows Bob Marley who said: "Herb: It reveals yourself to yourself!!"

I have not drank in over 25 years and did not smoke for about 15 years. After visiting Amsterdam about ten years ago I found my old friend. Since starting to smoke I have been happier, hipper and healthier that without it. My physician, chiropractor and psychologist all agree that I have medical reasons to use it. If I lived in California I would have a card enabling me to buy great herb at any of over 200 stores. The Showtime series "Weeds" is pretty accurate in that respect.

BTW, on another note - as a professor of sociology I have talked to hundreds of college students about this. Most agree they would drink less booze if weed were legal. Some young women have noted that when drunk they are much more susceptible to sexual assault than if stoned. Women say when stoned they see through the boys BS. Alcoholism kills so many people and ruins so many lives that most law enforcement officers would much rather deal with pot heads than mean drunks!!
 Aidoo
Msg: 814
Posted: 6/17/2007 1:26:35 PM
d and your account delet
WELL SAID! BABE
NORMAL PEOPLE THEY CALL THEMSELVES AND I WONDER . A POLICE OFFICER STOPED ME FOR NO REASON AND HE ENDED UP GIVING ME HIS PHONE NUMER. WAS THAT A POT HEAD OR WHAT..........MEANWHILE A CELEBRATED MOTHER'S DAY SMOKED UP AND BEHAVED BETTER THEN THE PEOPLE DRINKING ALCOHOL.
HOW PATHETIC THAT IS. THE MORE YOU SEE IT THE MORE I CONVINCE MYSELF. LIFE IS WHAT WE WANT TO MAKE OF IT! AND IF WE MAKE SENSE IN OUR LIVES, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS EH??????????
SORRY FOR THE MISSPELLING "NO SMOKING INVOLVED"
 Teacher678math
Msg: 815
Posted: 6/17/2007 1:37:03 PM
I dated a guy who smoked pot and I didn't know it. One Easter Sunday, he took me AND MY CHILDREN, to his niece's house for a celebration. Well I noticed they had an awful lot of friends. People were coming and going all damn day long. Well.......DUH! they were selling the sh**! I was very upset. His defense was "They like nice things, so what if they sell a little to enjoy the finer things in life." That's when I realized that there is more than just the difference of being a pot smoker or not being a pot smoker. The ways that each of those types of people think are very different. So in my case, I would not date a pot smoker.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 816
Posted: 6/17/2007 1:47:26 PM
Smoking pot can cause paranoia and even psychosis.. it can also draw out any mental illness that had genetically lain dormant..

Good times
 angelheart3
Msg: 817
Posted: 6/17/2007 9:28:08 PM
Absolutely it can, Sassy - expecially long-term use not to mention memory issues.
 Aidoo
Msg: 818
Posted: 6/17/2007 10:55:08 PM
WELL SAID! BABE
NORMAL PEOPLE THEY CALL THEMSELVES AND I WONDER . A POLICE OFFICER STOPPED ME FOR NO REASON AND HE ENDED UP GIVING ME HIS PHONE NUMER. WAS THAT A POT HEAD OR WHAT ..........MEANWHILE A CELEBRATED MOTHER'S DAY SMOKED UP AND BEHAVED BETTER THEN THE PEOPLE DRINKING ALCOHOL.
HOW PATHETIC THAT IS. THE MORE YOU SEE IT THE MORE I CONVINCE MYSELF. LIFE IS WHAT WE WANT TO MAKE OF IT! AND IF WE MAKE SENSE IN OUR LIVES, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS EH??????????
SORRY FOR THE MISSPELLING "I'm sober now"
 incognito100
Msg: 819
Posted: 6/18/2007 10:55:39 AM
Sure I've dated women who love the pot even though I never use it.
As long as the person you are with accepts and respects you not smoking
then all will be fine.
 johnglc
Msg: 820
Posted: 6/19/2007 3:10:59 AM
Just the smell of it makes me sick to my stomach.
 freezebear4
Msg: 821
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2007 3:53:18 AM
NO smoking at all no smoking anything! no cigars no chewing gross! no smoking cigarettes of any kind and no smoking crack . smoking ciggareetes and pot they both causes lung and mouth throat cancer what good is potif it if it causes all that and lowsperm count if you want children one day or retarded or delayed children in spech or cause learning disabilities. it also causes you tolead to other drugs it is just a plain common sense that itis bad for you . more than good for you it should not be legal in any state even for medical reasons there are better drugs for pain that are much stronger to help pain and calm you down, its just palin dumb and you get dumber because it kills and slows down growth of brain cells and learning cant happen so that also means less concentration when driving and you might kill others than what good is it going to do if you end up injail or the hospital if you hurt yourself . Itsjustplain NO SENSE AT ALL!
 Scott_In_Tulsa
Msg: 822
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2007 3:57:08 AM
I've always felt it was a good idea to date someone who shared your vices as a common interest.

I'm not going anywhere near the legal vs. illegal, harmful or helpful debate. Some people smoke pot, that fact is irrefutable.

Pot definately falls into the catagory of a vice. So if you are a pot smoker, then you should proabably date other pot smokers.

By the same token, if you are a moderate to heavy drinker, then a non-drinker or recovering alcoholic is proabably not the right person for you. Same if you smoke cigarettes, or like to gamble, or have some other hobby that can become 'habit-forming'.

This greatly reduces the chance that one of you will suddenly say "i really can't deal with your ________ ".

Common interest good. Conflicting differences bad.
 bosoxx
Msg: 823
Posted: 6/19/2007 3:59:40 AM
This cracks me totally up! We live in a society riddled w/drugs.They have a LEGAL drug for EVERYTHING! Yet we in this puritanical,hypocritical good ole U.S. of A. have to mess w/ people over some pot? Doctors in this country come out w/ new diseases everyday(irritable bowel syndrome,add, acid reflux)We never had these things when I was a teenager.What's worse is they condone,market,and distribute drugs manufactured legally which are more addictive than most hard narcotics! We send people to jail for yrs. doing the samething large corporations do all the time! Does one think Oxycontin and similar drugs aren't more dangerous than pot? Yet thanks to our corporatist society drug companies and Docs get away w/ prescribing this crap! Yet in our country we hate smokers!(cigs or pot) Isn't this the same thing tobacco companies have done for decades? We indeed live in a very puritanical,hypocritical,bassackwards type of society where as long as the BIG dogs make the dough it's all a go!
To all who won't date a smoker of any type.....Go figure! What is it your addicted to because I believe we could ALL be addicted to something.....and it isn't just exercise!
peace!.......Bosoxx
 LeSportSac
Msg: 824
Posted: 6/19/2007 4:10:39 AM
I don't think non-pot smokers and pot smokers blend well in my humble opinion.

Harry Harmony
Msg: 825
Posted: 6/19/2007 4:36:40 AM
I wouldnt bother, wouldnt fancy seeing a future loony tune, or maybe they are now????????????????????????
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?