Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 EvenNow
Msg: 151
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?Page 7 of 77    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I like pot.I smoke at times,doesn't matter if he does or doesn't.
 italianqueendg
Msg: 152
can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?
Posted: 11/24/2005 2:30:54 PM
I dated someone who at fist said they did not smoke, or do any drugs for that matter, I thought that was great,,then once he knew he had my heart he asked me if I would mind if he smoked, I said yes, but not enough to walk away from him..He would put a towel by the door so the smell would not leave the room, I can remember not liking the fact that this was illegal, and what if he..we...got caught, I did not smoke but both of us were going down for it,,,I eventually ended it, not only for this reason, but I too remember only to well how uncomfortable I felt with the illegal-ness of it all..He did not at all act bad, as a matter of fact it enhanced his performance of many things..so I agree alcohol is legal, and if pot was legal it would be fine with me, but since it's not,,not happening around me.
Bye all
 questluv
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2005 2:40:51 PM
holysith what a firestorm! Some people get real burned up about this one. Smoking a doob or bowl after a hard day's work is no worse than having a beer or a Starbuck$ grand latte after work.I used to be a "pothead" and fatherd a child during my purple haze.There goes the low sperm count theory. I never forgot anything major or became schizoid. in fact the stuff was so not doing anything for me so i stopped. And then I just strarted getting mad energetic, doing all this stuff all these chores an things. You know like a normal person. Oh and I started getting huge stiffies a lot more frequently. my g/f at the time looked like that dude's wife in the enzyte commercial . I was having the time of my life and then........i went to the Snoop Dogg concert. Awww man you know I was hittin' that 'erb, so I guess it's back to smoking doja and been all lazy and limp-DickED. hellnaw! But still, don't be so hard on the weeples that smoke the Stephen Hawking. It's better than having a buncha crackheads running around stealing ridez and robbin people. Potheads are to lazy to bother commit a felony, much less run somebody down while smoking a pipe.
 godscrashdummy
Msg: 154
Posted: 11/24/2005 2:57:00 PM
Could God nuke a burritto so hot that he himself could not eat it?
 lady_bugg65
Msg: 155
Posted: 11/24/2005 3:34:10 PM
^^^ lmao...!!...ok...i want some of what you're smokin mister...!!
 anewyorkgal
Msg: 156
Posted: 11/24/2005 10:50:58 PM
Most of us have dabbled in a little bit of this and a little bit of that, some more than others. I personally do not care for pot. It does not make me feel good. There was a time when it did, however, those days are over. If i was dating a guy that smoked every now and again at a party or something, I would not care all that much. If he had to light up everyday,several times a day, then yes, we would have a problem. Actually, he would have the problem; no me.
 collegeguy505
Msg: 157
Posted: 11/25/2005 1:36:02 AM
I smoke weed for the same reasons other people drink; to get fukked up. I don't do it to be smarter, or look more cool. I do it because... I want to get fukked up. I don't like alcohol. Just like some people don't like weed. We are all different. That's why ice cream stores sell more than one flavor. Not everyone likes the same thing. But i don't run around bashing those who eat butter pecan because I don't like it. I just don't eat it. Could I date someone that likes butter pecan ice cream? Only if she smokes weed. I need one of those happy faces smoking a joint... the alcoholics have theirs... lol

Hey, at least it's not crack!

In my profile it says I don't do drugs because I don't want to be labeled as a drug addict. It's a very small and unimportant part of my life, and I do not want to be judged solely on that one thing. I don't dismiss someone who drinks because I think she is an alcoholic. And I assume there is more to her than that one thing...
 richsilencer
Msg: 158
Posted: 11/25/2005 2:15:04 AM
i smoke pot all the time for sure and i go to chruch and iam like the most liked guy there almost lol even the paster knows i smoke lol its not if your a pot smoker it the u act around poeple that will ignore them
 hulahoney
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2005 2:27:37 AM
mmmmmmm i wanna pinch your bag!v v
 BelledeJour
Msg: 160
Posted: 11/25/2005 4:43:34 AM
No I wouldn't date someone who smokes .... it's just not my thing. They can find someone else who likes it. One guy that I dated once upon a time seemed to be forever on a quest of scoring some more, that was a turn off. I'm not telling others not to do it, I'm just saying, I don't like it. And if someone eating brocolli turned me off, I wouldnt date him either.
 nixnixnix
Msg: 161
Posted: 11/25/2005 5:34:40 AM
DarkestB4Dawn, how can you be so closed towards the possibilities of Broccoli? Have you tried it raw? Its delicious. It can radically increase the intensity of sex and on top of that it contains lots of iron.

Behind door #1: people who eat Broccoli

Behind door #2: people who eat cauliflower

kevn2012
Msg: 162
Posted: 11/28/2005 12:41:57 PM
So your husband or wife comes home ranting and raving about there F'in job and why are these damn dishes still here and sits down on the couch and turns on sports with a major attitude. Then he engages in a little marijuana, a transition takes place as he turns the channel to Lifetime, and says "you really look nice today. Why dont we watch a movie, and then I will give you a nice backrub."

Now take the same scenario. Replace marijuana with a double whiskey coke and I can guarantee the odds of anyone getting a backrub are nil. I dont think theres anything wrong with people smoking pot as long as it doesnt harm there character.
 BBWB_Big_Bloody_White_Boi
Msg: 163
Posted: 11/28/2005 1:46:27 PM
It can be entirely subjective, but in my opinion, you stink.

Would you be around someone who smelled? I wouldn't. Don't smell around me, don't let it become a detrement to our inteactions and we're good.
 Exhibit
Msg: 164
Posted: 11/28/2005 2:10:06 PM
Kerrymh: You have some nerve...

Pot smokers crack me up with all the reasons they have to justify it. I will never knowingly date someone who currently smokes pot, its immature, and stupid, lowers sperm count, and leads to memory loss, and once again is just plain stupid.

You talking about stuff you don't know cracks me up as well... Only when it is abused does it cause such problems. You forgot that ***ABUSERS*** can also be antisocial, and lazy at times. Educate yourself.

p.s Jockey shorts lower sperm count. Whats your point?

I would even hesitate to date someone who has smoked pot in there life time.

Your choices must be almost non-existant then. Almost EVERYONE has tried it at one point in their life...

But thats difficult to do haha. I am very antismoking, but I would rather date a cigarette smoker than a pot head. I mean come on men in your 30's smoking pot GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2100 + chemicals in a cigarette isn't much. Depends how you look at it. Pot produces tar when burned... Which sadly is in cigarettes as well. You are better off with the pot smoker. You won't breathe benzene, amonia, formaldehyde, hydrogen cyanide, rat poison... Need I go on? Did I mention cigarettes potentially cause impotence? That should prove for some fun nights... Before you say something is stupid or people are stupid, please inform yourself. Thanks.

Pot may be considered a gateway "drug"... but it's the weak-willed people or the easily influenced people that end up taking things to the next level. Don't generalize. Not all pot smokers are pot heads or do hard drugs. I personally smoke one after dinner when I am at home, relaxed, and have nothing left to do in my day. When I KNOW I can be lazy. How is that worse than having a beer? My point is, there are alot of things that are much worse in this world. I can understand someone not dating a pot smoker if they take a huge puff and blow it right in your face; not caring that you don't like it but if the person has respect and does not smoke around you, whats the problem?

Edit: "Stupid" is such a stupid word.

My 2 cents

Matt
 wildgirl_5
Msg: 165
Posted: 11/28/2005 2:16:44 PM
well from past experience no !!! the smell ......some ppl just get to relaxed where you feel like you are talking to a whole new person.....sometimes they seem to be to interested in there pot then spending time with you....." oh i'm coming down from my high i better roll another one hang on ok " then game or movie gets put on hold....lol like i said past tense....no use for it now
 MoonGuardian
Msg: 166
Posted: 11/28/2005 2:26:18 PM
i agree to a point,m though be careful, cigarettes are far worse on someones body the pot is, so why would you even want to date a smoker with the stance you take?
 Exhibit
Msg: 167
Posted: 11/28/2005 2:31:57 PM

i agree to a point,m though be careful, cigarettes are far worse on someones body the pot is, so why would you even want to date a smoker with the stance you take?

If that was intented for me I said she is better off with the pot smoker. hehe ;)

Cigarettes are far worse.
 LuvsTattoos69
Msg: 168
Posted: 11/28/2005 2:33:06 PM
I counldnt have said it better raven1...thank you!!
 Exhibit
Msg: 169
Posted: 11/28/2005 2:48:02 PM

I can't think of any pot smokers I know that aren't apathetic, slow moving and generally lazy....

Then you obviously hang with the wrong people..
 kmhstx
Msg: 170
Posted: 11/28/2005 3:05:44 PM
^^^^ I honestly don't give a sh*t anymore live your life the way you want, but it might be nice if you were honest in your profile. THere is a spot that is for drugs in the profile, yet you have no under that title, and that is obviously a lie. So I would change that if you would like to meet a girl who really doesn't mind your habit.
 Polly_G
Msg: 171
Posted: 11/28/2005 3:49:23 PM
I agree Kerry...hence the "socially" in mine. I want someone to accept me for who I am If I decide not to smoke...to smoke...whatever. I want it to be my decision and don't want someone getting mad at me for something that is wrong in their eyes...not mine.

I can relate to the everone smokes in BC thing. I'm from Nova Scotia and its pretty socially acceptable to smoke it here too. They don't prosecute for possession so people are pretty open about their usage here.

I actually think it keeps the harder drugs like coke, heroine, E etc. out. We don't seem to have as much of a problem with that stuff as other cities.
 michaeljustin
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2005 4:19:58 PM

THere is a spot that is for drugs in the profile, yet you have no under that title
most people dont consider pot a drug..some consider it herbs and legal in lots places but the usa..i bet alot of people who take zoloft dont put that in there profile either....which zoloft and prozack are way more harmfull to the brain and body

I agree Kerry...hence the "socially" in mine. I want someone to accept me for who I am If I decide not to smoke...to smoke...whatever. I want it to be my decision and don't want someone getting mad at me for something that is wrong in their eyes...not mine.
i agree with that..i dont smoke..but people are not mad at kerry or you about that...its about being called lazy..stupid..slow...low sperm count..brain damage..i would be mad too if i got called that...if anyone would reseach it..they would see it hasnt been proven to do any of that..even me a non smoker can see threw the crap..lol..i got freinds at work who work circles around me and they smoke pot.....no one is mad because some one says{ i dont like it}..its the ignorant and crude responces from some people on the matter that got them pissed..down right rude to generalize all them potheads..lots of them got killer jobs, sharp minds and big families,,and im sure they dont like being called lazy..lol
 Angel without Halo
Msg: 173
Posted: 11/28/2005 5:02:07 PM
While it's not my deal, I don't judge anyone who smokes the stuff.

I would prefer a pot smoker any day as compared to a nasty drunk.

I don't know if any of you realize this but there are areas of Canada where the fine for smoking a cigarette (which is 100% legal) in a non-designated area is significantly higher than the fine for smoking pot............go figure
 kmhstx
Msg: 174
Posted: 11/28/2005 5:22:37 PM
I understand why everyone was bashing me, for mainly my first couple posts, and then I changed them a bit, I really couldn't care less.
I just find it frustrating looking for some one with similar interests and beliefs as me, is that so wrong. Is it so wrong to want tofind a mate that does not believe in excessive use of a mind altering substance of any kind, legal or illegal. I drink, yes, but probably about 6 times a year, and I know my limits. And yes I will admitt to being a goody two shoes, which most people probably find annoying, I didn't drink until I was 19. I appologise for calling people stupid, I won't do that again. And no pot does not make you a bad person. I guess I jumped the gun. That still however does not change the fact that I believe a person does not need/require a substance like pot to be creative/relax/think clearly/or have deep intellectual thoughts. Those can all be achieved chemically free, which is healthier over all, am I wrong in this ideal, I'm sure some one will point this out to me.
I in no way profess to be perfect, I am far far from it, and obviously I am a sh*tty debater, because I got my a$$ handed to me on this thread several times.
Everyone is different and I would not want to change that, the world would be a sad place if we were all little g bush clones. But I do believe in honesty, and the majority of society does consider pot a drug, and for that majority this is a drug that is not prescribed to you by a doctor. SO I do think it is relavent to place this in your profile, if it is for social/recreational reasons. THis is a dating site not the police, no one will arrest you for admitting to drug use, but you may find that honesty will get you farther in the long run if you are looking for someone special in your life. That person may not care if you do or not, but wouldn't you rather know up front. Anyway thats my thoughts, hope I didn't offend anyone this time.
 serendipitous17
Msg: 175
Posted: 11/28/2005 5:47:03 PM
I personally have never done it. Grew up around it and it was the income of choice for many that I knew so I am not judgemental on it. As long as it is not a crutch for the other person, and they accept the fact that I may not be around them if their high, I couldn't care less at this point.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > can non-pot smokers handle pot smokers?