Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet_Secret
Msg: 26
To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Read up on the reasons why Capt. Not every doc is against it....there are good reasons. And, did I say...cause 'I wanted to'...NO!
 SexyWaterbaby
Msg: 27
To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise?
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:05:30 PM
What I have heard is an uncircumcised penis is more sensitive because of the hood. When you are circumcised, it rubs up against your pants etc and therefore is less sensitive. My Ex thought circumcision was good because you could last far longer. Obviously other than the bladder infection issue it is all just cosmetic. Is this a good enough reason I'm not sure. Just know that I like the way a cut penis is. Oh well! Just curious. It seems society is changing though, in another 50 years we will be far more natural if circumcision is no longer. And Women like me who gave a shit about the difference will be old ladies anyway. lol
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:06:20 PM
ok...so it was done for a medical reason then?

i researched it quite intensively before my daughter was born, because we didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl. there's absolutely no medical reason to circumcise a baby. none. nada. the only reasons are cosmetic.
 Sweet_Secret
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:10:00 PM
Not true, very biased info out there. Cervical cancer rates among jewish women almost 0. Black women-can't remember the number but it was high...reason-jewish men are circumsised.
Also, there is a risk of a certain type of cancer in uncircumsised men that doesn't exist for circumised men.
There are more reasons...I've read others.
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:16:15 PM
Everyone has their own opinions on this... god, go to global forums and read the rif raf there ! It's unreal......

I have a son... and he WAS circumsized 2 days after birth, at no cost. The majority of my friends that have sons are all circumsized as well.

My preference... sure being circumsized looks better 'limp' but really..... when it's hard IT'S ALLLLLL GOOD......
 Sweet_Secret
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:17:57 PM
Thank you CP....a lady with her HEAD screwed on right...lol. You always have the best advice...bathtub tape...thank you!
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:21:09 PM
lol anytime hon :)
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:23:07 PM
did you know that cancer of the penis is extremely rare?

a male has a better chance of being hit by a bus than developing penile cancer.

face it...circumcision is cos-met-ic.

say it with me now.

cos-met-ic.

there's no...and by no i mean NO...medical proof that circumcision benifits a child in the least.

so...how about female circumcision? why don't we do that to little baby girls??
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:25:27 PM
Maybe Jewish folks don't have as active sex lives?.....lol NOT that that would have ANYTHING to do with increased risk of cancer. More women who are non smokers living with men who smoke seem to have cervical cancer too, so how many of those Jewish vs. Non Jewish folks were smokers? Too many factors me thinks.

I have three boys and none of them are circumcised. I work in the medical field and have family members who are Dr's. I have sadly had to witness too many circumcisions over the last 20 years and the infection rate POST procedure ( yes and mortality!! rate) far outweighs the chances of necessary circumcision in later life. NO WAY would I circumcise a child unless there were already a pre-existing factor that necessitated it ( ie: excess curvature,... foreshortened foreskin , etc. and that would be handled by a plastic surgeon under anaesthetic)

It is extremely difficult for a man to get bladder infection due to the length of his urethra,... hardly caused by a CLEAN uncircumcised penis,... need more facts for that one.

Either way it is each to their own, BUT IF the medical profession still supported it it wouldn't be considered "cosmetic" and would still be covered under medical plans instead of having to pay for it out of your own pocket.

As for "looking pretty"?? C'mon ladies OMFG can you imagine if the guys wanted our P***ies shaped to all look alike thanks again to the media's projection of what is beautiful and perfect,. most women have a hard enough time with accepting their bodies and breast size as it is.
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:26:41 PM
lol what would you circumsize on a girl ????????? cmon now....... everyone has their opinion, leave it at that lol there is no debating..... we are entitled to DO IT or NOT...... it's our preference.
 Sweet_Secret
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:28:43 PM
Again....listen to CP...yeehaaa girlie!!! And, Capt....NO you won't change my mind.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:32:13 PM
there is female circumcision...google it.

and while you're at it...have a look at the procedure that's done on boys as well...

maybe seeing the blood, and the way the pain contorts the babies face will make you regret your decision.

where's the sense in it? i mean...are you going to be spending a lot of time gazing at your sons penis? is that why it needs to "look better"?

come on people...use your heads...
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:39:38 PM
Sar......... I was in the room while my son was getting it done....... I know what it's all about.. I agree it was heart wrenching, and it took alot of will power for me to stay there, but I wanted my son done... and so did his father. My son means the world to me.... Because I had him circumsized, doesn't make me a bad mother.... so lets just leave it at that.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:40:40 PM
so...you wanted him "done"...for what reason?
 CountryChick66
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:42:01 PM
when my brother was born, my dad begged and pleaded with my mom to have him done as he did not want him to go through what he had to all his life...
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:43:44 PM
...and what did he go through?

teasing? been there...done that. and the fact that a circumcised man has more sensation in his penis made up for all that and more.
 Sweet_Secret
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:45:57 PM
I've known men that have had to get it done as adults because of problems. Which is worse, a pain you don't remember or as a man having to go through it.
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:46:44 PM
i'd rather have the option, and take the pain as an adult...

at least then i have a say in what's being done to my own body.
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:48:12 PM
Mot to mention that times change as do attitudes. What Dad/Uncle or Grandpa went through have no bearing of life today, just like attitudes toward folks with piercings and tats,... it all becomes subjective and what people get used to being exposed to and what part of the world you live in, so what if people are "different" ? We all are in some way or another,.... might as well learn it early on in life. Being "different" doesn't make you any less of a person.

I've known men that have had to get it done as adults because of problems. Which is worse, a pain you don't remember or as a man having to go through it.

no pain is fun at any stage of life but atleast as an adult whould one have to endure it they can ask for the appropriate amount of sedation and pain killers. As in all pain too we very shortly forget too. This too shall pass, and WHO says it is worse? just because the infant couldn't tell you???
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:48:51 PM
every man is different Sar....... how would you know if you have more sensation than Jo Blow... your not cut so you dont know the 'difference'..... he doesnt know what he's 'missing' cuz he doesn't know any better......

I don't have a preference for men that I date...... I had the preference for my son.... why ? Cuz all the men in my family are 'cut' and I think it looks better, easier to clean (when the boys are young) less risk of infection (ya ya heard all the debates on that too)..... it's just that... MY PREFERENCE...... I know one gal that her son isn't cut... and he gets teased... kids get teased enough without adding to it.....
 SexyWaterbaby
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:49:17 PM
I will have my sons circumcised for there OWN happiness. The men I know wouldn't want it any other way.
Lol...what a sensitive subject, will we argue about it till the end of time?
It seems no wonder that war can not be stopped when we can not even agree on a little flap of skin....what a weird whacky world!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:58:19 PM
so...if branding kids foreheads became a fad...would you make sure yours was branded too?

this debate is just plain silly. mutilating children shouldn't even be up for debate.

of the three doctors i consulted with before the birth of my daughter, two of them wouldn't do it, the other one would only do it if we insisted upon it.

needless to say, we had a daughter...so the point was moot...but after looking at the facts...not the opinions...but the facts surrounding circumcision, we saw that it's an unnecessary procedure, with no benefits...other than making it slightly easier for the person giving the baby a bath.

my point being, is that a person who's actually looked at the facts surrounding circumcision would never choose to have it done. it's the people who worry about teasing or "will he look like his daddy" who keep this barbaric form of torture alive.

so, go ahead...have your child "done". just make sure they inflict as much pain on you at the same time. that way, maybe you'll think about it before you do it.
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:04:43 AM
Your entitled to your opinion and good one ya Sar for stating it..... but DONT tell me i'm barbaric for having it done...... you have no right....... your rights as a father belong to YOUR children NOT mine.......

When I went thru 26 hours of PAIN with hard back labor, was cut from A to Z and produced a 10 lb baby NATURALLY...... that gave me the rights to do what I please with my child. 15 minutes of surgery on him that he knows nothing about, doesn't remember a thing... will never know the difference... it's MOOT.

I know MANY more men that are CUT than not.... it doesn't make either any more 'manly' more 'sexual' more intelligent...... nothing...... it's a piece of skin.... whoopie lol
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:09:29 AM
of course you know many more men who are "cut" CP, you are in that age group that it was/is all the norm.

I wonder if someone cut a chunk of your skin off you'd think it was "just a piece of skin,. whoopie" ?????,
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:14:43 AM
so...because you chose to be pregnant...you can choose to make your baby go through unnecessary pain? something they have no control of? something they don't get a say in?

that just doesn't make sense to me.

absolutely my rights as a father are to make sure my daughter doesn't come to any harm while under my care...and while out of it if i can make that possible...and i do my damnedest to make sure that's the case.

just as your obligation as a mother is to see that your children don't experience harm while under your care. circumcision is unnecessary, and cosmetic, and therefore goes against those very tenets.

but, what's done is done...my hope is that future mothers are reading this, do the research, and favor the side of logic over some centuries-old primitive ritual.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise?