Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Love of my Life is Dying      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 harrys80849
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Love of my Life is DyingPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Hi Jennifer
My Name is john, I don’t know if I can be of any help but I am going to give it a try. I early June of 1982, I was a U.S. Marine Sergeant Stationed at a Nuclear Submarine Base in Bremerton, Washington. I was 22 years old and in the best shape of my life, on that morning like many other mornings myself and 40 or so of my fellow Marines where participating in our morning routine of a 5 to 6 mile run, midway thru that run I began having some very bad pain in my lower stomach & groin area, I was a tough Marine and though nothing of it at first, And just ignored it and continued on as usual.

Needless to say, it got much worst. I did see a doctor, and as it turns out I was diagnosed with testicular cancer, I was devastated! I had been married at the time for
About 1 1/2 weeks and did not know how to tell my wife, I loved her very much and we had just began our lives together. I was more concerned about her at the time then myself, all I knew about cancer was that people did not survive and the treatment was difficult to say the least. So I decided to wait until I was sure I had cancer, and was seen by other doctors to confirm the diagnosis, and it was confirmed. I wanted to kill myself! I still don’t actually
Know why I chose not to. Anyway I had no choice but to tell my wife. She left me the next day. I still hold no ill feelings about her leaving, it was a very difficult thing to deal with, and we were both very young at the time.

I was dealing with allot of emotions during this period, my family being thousands of miles away here in Hawaii and my wife leaving, I did not have the mental strength to fight this fight
However I was not ready to leave this life, although for many reasons it was not necessarily
A good one for many reasons other then those I have shared. I endured several surgical procedures and months of therapy, the bottom line is I survived. Sure I have some residual
Problems like the inability to have children and other less major problems but I survived.

My point is you are still there and you love this man for all he is and all he will be, right now I assume he is scared, and needs you and your love, but this is not the end this is one of life’s many challenges just be there for him and get help with what you are feeling from a professional, just remind him from time to time that he can beat this and you are their to help
Him and love him.

Again I don't know if I helped in anyway and I wish you and your family the best. No matter how bad it may get don't give up.

John
 sparkymiloindian
Msg: 27
Love of my Life is Dying
Posted: 11/18/2005 10:35:22 PM
Hi love my heart goes out to you also. im in adifferent position. I am a married male with two children and a wonderful wife of 20 years. i have conjestive heart failure. Only 25 % of it functions. ive had 11 heart attacks, 4 strokes, ive had several byepasses and 7 stents put in my arteries. i have both a pacemaker and a internal defibulator that shocks my heart back to working. So i know how he probably feels. And my wife can know how you feel, cause its hard on her too. but we are both christians and we turn to god when things get too hard to handle.he has always helped us thru these stressful times. so turn it over to god and let him handle it. we will be praying for him and for you. keep your chin up. i know its hard. a fellow christian.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Love of my Life is Dying