Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > dating an overweight person?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 marol
Msg: 76
dating an overweight person?Page 4 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
i did say in certain circumstances, obviously not the one you quoted..please to thoroughly read my post and understand what i was trying to say and not throw out blatant ignorance
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 77
view profile
History
dating an overweight person?
Posted: 2/2/2006 1:27:30 AM
now who's throwing around blatant ignorance???? I believe I brought up THAT one comment as one person I would not give credit to because that was very mean of him to say it that way. There are some people who are very nice about what they say.. geez... so sorry I didn't give you a different quote. YOU do not jump on me for my opinion made about one person's comment. YOU might need to re and understand what I wrote a little more before jumping on me! Geez.. lighten up...
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2006 1:29:22 AM
OH marol.. if you were talking about this :

YOU could have been born them, and how would it make you feel if people treated you differently???

I was not referring to YOU as in marol... I was talking about other people who do that... please understand what I write before accusing.
 marol
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/2/2006 1:47:26 AM

in certain circumstances maybe some credit should go to the people who made mention

ok, i see where u misunderstood me...."made" should of been typed "make" as i was not referring to anyone or thing typed in this thread..i was speaking of humanity in general..sorry
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2006 1:49:57 AM
Not a problem.. when I read your post I was like.. HUH??? What did I say wrong... oops... I done made marol made at me...
 ladancera
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:26:46 AM
I like men!!!! I have been attracted to some large ones, some athletic and some tight frames.
i probably have a prefrence but then when you, seee what you like the packaging is secondary.

personally for me. I can't afford to buy new clothing, so I will remain the same size forever.
I assume keeping the exact routine daily will support that.
 happycamper16
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/2/2006 5:41:58 AM
bambi hun you dont look overwieght.
 mmmnicky
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:01:07 AM
me rolls me eyes at some of the comments..

skinny ppl. assume tht fat ppl are fat, coz they eat too much or dont exercise.. i eat two normal size meals a day and swim 1/1.5km around 3/4 times a week and i walk. and im overweight, being an aussie, dont know pounds.. or clothes sizes.. id rougly say im about 170 pounds maybe? and 5"5 ... indicator anyway for u.

mannnn a fat person knows more about losing weight then anyone else. we know all the diets, we know how much calories is in a peice of bread/carrot/ice cream etc, we tried most exercise programs, we obsess about our bodies, it consumes most of us.

the difference is genetics.. there are just as many skinny ppl out there with bad diets and dont exercise.. why are they skinny?? genetics..

i know this is generalising, as im sure some ppl are purely living a bad lifestyle. and with more adjustment im sure i could lose more to. but how much do i have to exercise. and how little do i have to eat.. to be acceptable?

my opinion on all this is.. is this simply

attraction for me can be initial.. ie.. looks.. but if ur heart isn't of gold and ur intentions pure, i wont look at u twice.. u need to be able to mentally stimulate me and prove ur worth.. as with time.. i see not the reflection of ur physical self.. but ill look in ur eyes and see the one of ur soul. and that is the reflection that i will endure to please... sexually, mentally, and emotionally. and in that time u put on weight or lose it... ull still be the same person in my eyes.
 happycamper16
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:45:15 AM
mmmnicky do not let anyone put you down hun cause your over wieght im not overweight but people that make fun of other people arent happy with themselves.
 happycamper16
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:52:17 AM
hi lady pagey hun you have to things going for you you lost 4o lbs and your a mature women...oops am i in the wrong room.
 Destiny...
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:54:50 AM
Even though you are overweight someone should not judge you on just that. There is alot more to a person than their outer shell. These people that have to look at a persons outer shell , do not take the time to really find out what someone that is overweight has to offer from the inside of them.
 DacaInaru
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/2/2006 7:00:35 AM
funny.. I use to weigh 260lbs.. lost weight and ironically have had guys date me and later tell me that I wasn't "Big" enough for them..

oh well such is life..

I think you have to love the person for who she/he is inside..

One of the reasons I hesitate to get involved with someone who is into very Large women..although still large I plan on continueing to lose weight at least another 20-30lbs.. i've already lost 90lbs.. I don't want to be with someone that just sees the outside and disregards the inside.
 ladypagey
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2006 10:32:22 AM
happy camper... got to say thanks... love the phrase happy camper.. from the sounds of it you have a great personality.... super hero material you are...
 Remmie
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/2/2006 4:40:12 PM
Show the luv people.........it's all about Good People Incorporated....doesnt matter what size you are, it's all good lovins

Remmie
 1nonlyluv
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/2/2006 4:45:28 PM
happycamper... you are just to cool! I think i'm in lovee................................. you are great!
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/2/2006 7:14:18 PM
My sister is overweight and has no trouble finding dates. In fact, she dates more now than when she was thin.

Me on the other hand... :D

Personally, I'm not attracted to obese women. Voluptuous women are one thing. I am attracted to women like that. It depends on their size and all.

I know that looks aren't everything, and in the long-run, it's more about personality. But I htink you have to have an initial physical attraction. I want someone I find attractive and who feels the same about me.

Part of it for me is health. My sister and mother have always struggled with their weight. And because they are both obese, I worry about them. When you lose weight, you're healthier. When you feel better, you look better.

I know I'm not perfect either. It's hard. I've been working out for a long time, and I'm not always happy with what I see in the mirror.
 Keptreal
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/3/2006 10:43:56 PM
..I'm fat,ugly,stupid and cranky and hate romance.....people take matches away from me..not fair.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 10:55:35 PM
^^^^ oh yeah... right...
 bestguy1
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 10:56:07 PM
the Kevlar said:

" ...but basing a relationship on appearance is just ignorant "

.......then you better get outta the dating scene. I mean take a look at some of the
profiles here. 90% of em' are based on what a person wants physically/appearance-wise.
Not saying it's right, but rather a observation.
 ladypagey
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:01:02 PM
keptreal... none of those words apply to you... grrr. just raied my blood pressure even thinking about it..... handsome is in the eye of the beholder....
 Keptreal
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:02:13 PM
..Hello Mesna how are you Princess, you look mighty purty tonight.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:03:32 PM
Why thank you sir....you're looking handsome yourself...

I am not supposed to be on here at work anymore, but had to just "check it out"... lol
 Keptreal
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:08:18 PM
..you to ladeypage..I am so happy for your weight loss..40 lb. wow! and I love your knew perm(I have a good imagination..so look out)
 ctrydancer
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:08:36 PM
yes...thats I'm doing. Lost 73 lbs so far. I was in a 25 year relationship. He didn't leave me because of my weight
 auntie-up
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:11:37 PM
Good for you "Dancer" ... 73 lbs. ... wow ... what an achievement!
Be proud ... be very proud!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > dating an overweight person?