Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > dating an overweight person?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladypagey
Msg: 101
view profile
History
dating an overweight person?Page 5 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
mesna... I was thinking those very words... friendship is like a golden nugget and dating a overweight person would be no problem for me cause I don't judge the book by its cover.
 Keptreal
Msg: 102
dating an overweight person?
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:12:57 PM
..Mesna..tell them that being on the internet checking out potential boyfriends is one of your job duties..if they don't like it they can go jump in the lake or river, which ever is closer.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:18:10 PM
I'm sure they'd be all for it then!! LOL...

Ladypagey.. I have dated men who look and act totally opposite of each other. Some people will only date people who look a certain way...blonde... petite...dark hair.. muscular... no tatoos... whatever their preference is. I have just never looked much on the outside it's the inside that I like. They may be completely different in their beliefs and ideas but deep down we always share something that matters to us both.

Just like me and keptreal... we share our love of you!!!
 ladypagey
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:20:24 PM
keptreal... had a lot of compliments on the perm today simply because I got it cut and styled. Even I will have to say... wow... the style took on a whole new younger looking me. I will be careful knight... Thanks...
 Keptreal
Msg: 105
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:23:11 PM
ladeypagey.....psss I'll trade you two friends for two of those golden nuggets,..your right never judge a book by it's cover...some of the best books I've read had the most weathered,plain looking covers I've ever seen. Open to page 1, and I couldn't put it down.
 ctrydancer
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:29:48 PM
well said Jay...I'm more sensual, and feel sexy after loosing that weight. Now the new styles with silks, lace is awesome. I wear teddies, corsets, thigh highs and heels. Way to go girl.
 ladypagey
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2006 11:36:26 PM
mesna and keptreal on that note dream world awaits....thanks weight loss buddies... going to lose the 80 pounds by my June birthday.....two golden nuggets are free for the asking...
 BrianPeach
Msg: 108
Posted: 2/4/2006 2:35:23 AM
"ever been snubbed my a member of the opposite sex, and then lost all your weight just to show them what they lost?"

that my man is the worst reason to ever do anything. you don't do things for other people, you do them for yourself. now go out and FIND that person who rejected you because you were fat, and beat them with a rubber hose - not because i told you to do it, because you want to beat some ass of your own free will.
 ladypagey
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2006 8:04:41 PM
I am losing weight for myself this time and does it feel good. No motive, no rubbing it in just the knowledge that I will feel healthy and look sharp... Thanks keptreal.....haven't seen my heart recently...
 Dxun
Msg: 110
Posted: 2/5/2006 12:32:36 AM
Over weight and we have no date
 sillysusie
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/5/2006 12:58:33 AM
Granted, I'm not a little girl and have flaws of my own, which I work on fixing everyday but some guys just have it programmed in their heads that bigger means unattractive. The bigger they are the more unattractive they are. After being with my ex-fiance, I learned a lot about me. I care about me and am trying to change and better myself for me. Not just physically but emotionally. I also realized that guys expect you to "ok" every physical aspect about them and that "we" as women are supposed to be self conscience. WTF. I am a big girl and am proud of me. I wouldn't want to be anyone else. I am better for every hurdle ever put in my path. It all happens for a reason. And you know what really ticks me off? Is when a guy sees a big girl, isn't attracted to her, makes untasteful comments about her, and after she does change, whether it's for her or whatever reason, he's interested. You know how shallow that makes you look? Personally, I am not going to compromise or plead with anyone to be with me, if it comes to that, I'd rather be by myself. That way I know that there is someone that believes in me no matter what.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2006 6:20:16 AM
sillysusie... I will not compromise or plead either!! There is no need to, if a person doesn't want to be with me.. then hey.. their loss!

I went on a poker ride Sunday.. and I had the best time, I saw so many folks I hdadn't seen in a long time. I was with a date but he was very good about all the GUY friends who would come up and hug me, also the men who didn't know me that would come up and talk to me instead of the "skinny" girls... LOL One guy who was talking to me, actually said "you look like you are always so happy, are youJ?".. I was like.. "well that's my goat" LOL
situations like that just boasts my ego and it was needed too. But hey, I'm happy with myself so it really doesn't bother me if a man looks the other way from me. I know I'm a good person and I'm alot of FUN!!
 ericasmith1984
Msg: 113
Posted: 2/6/2006 6:43:10 AM
You can still be overweight and be healthy...most canadians are over weight! If you judge a person by the number on the scale, thats just shallow
 Separated44
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/6/2006 7:13:02 AM
Couple of notes on the whole weight thing, first of all, by medical standards it was reported that during the filming of Mission Impossible Tom Cruise was overweight...not exactly what we are discussing here I know, but it highlights an important aspect about perceptions and standards....

To the point, I was married for 16 years, two months after I was out of the house she lost 50 lbs, and dropped several sizes in the process....Im thinking I did the right thing, but I digress.....It really doesnt matter what size a person is, it matters WHAT a person is. All of the distractions (age, weight, hair color) that keep us from enjoying what we are only serve to keep us from hooking up with the person that enjoys what we are, and that is the potting soil that love develops in....weight was never an issue really in the marriage, and I think that most guys when it comes right down to it, if they are mature and thinking right, wont put all that much into weight over issues of character etc. if they are looking for more than accessories for their apparel.

One afterthought.....ctrydancer you have no idea the imagery LOL, Im still all guy woo hoo! Good for you :)

delytful
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/6/2006 7:35:49 AM
Have never started dating someone who was over weight because that is an instant turn off and I wouldn't be attracted in the first place. But I can cook very well, and a few have gotten a bit of a belly started. However, as soon as it starts I cut back on the cookies and such, and it goes away again.
 Separated44
Msg: 116
Posted: 2/6/2006 8:07:42 AM
You know that is a dangerous combination right? LOL Good cook, dont like overweight bodies.......I tend to shed what I gain quickly as well...dunno what it is either, I just stop eating or something...but its almost more of an afterthought or a conditioned response from being in construction, it was always hard enough work to carry the tools, let alone useless pounds that were easily sweated off in the summer. Now that Im older, and there isnt any sweating it off anymore, it seems to be that it happens more in what I eat, but it still sheds if and when it shows up. I cant seem to loose the becks belly I got started, that bugs me, but I can live with it as long as it doesnt cast a shadow on me LOL

delytful
Msg: 117
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:42:56 AM
There are a lot of ways to prepare the same thing, some are just more healthy than others. Like forget the breading when you make chicken parmesan, or just fry the chicken long enough to get it golden, then bake it over paper towels and such to suck all that grease back out. ETC. A really good cook should cater to health issues as well as taste. I have even had to develop recipes for people on special diets, so they get what they need "painlessly".
 ladypagey
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:09:29 AM
I honestly feel that the person I would choose to date would be selected because of personality and if he were kind, caring and have a sense of humor. a tad of mystery, poetry, and a toleration of my sometimes silly sense of humor...no where on my list do I see weight as a restriction...Seriously folks I have lost 40 pounds and still view life with a twinkle of a smile... dely...I totally agree "painlessly" both people can eat the same food if prepared right..It tastes great....It is good for everyone....
 emtchicky
Msg: 119
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:38:13 AM
I used to be REALLY REALLY big.... I've lost an undisclosed amount of weight in the past 2 years and now look better than ever. I am still considered overweight- but I'm very tall with a big bone structure.... I'll never be a size 6 nor do I ever care to be. I'm confident and sexy and beautiful just how I am! ROCK ON!
 ladypagey
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 1:43:36 AM
I am 222 pounds and 5' 3 1/2" tall so yes I am overweight. I feel better about myself since I have lost the weight and I think the sort of person I would date would be picked because of personality not weight...
 kitten79
Msg: 121
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:03:16 AM
i am an over weight woman. i weigh 165 and i stand 5 3 . i hook up with guys who are right into me at first and it usually end up with them telling me in fat or my body is destroyed. it breaks my heart every time. im sick of being compared to all the super skinny chiks!!! i work out 5 days a week, i work as a waitress 10 hours a day. its not like im not healthy, i just like to eat well and why shouldnt i. there are so many superficial men out there who will expect their woman to be perfect but they are always far from perfect themselfs. (no matter how good they think they look) people should be loved for who they are!!!!
 kymbie
Msg: 122
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:06:56 AM
i recently had a guy from POF tell me how much he loved my personality, etc...that we had so much in common, etc, etc...ask me for my pic...then tell me how disgusting i am and so on and so on...not even in a polite way at all.

I have always been a bigger girl but know there are many many more out there who are wayyy larger than me with guys flocking to them.

i added my pic to my profile and have been getting more responces than ever before.....now if the guys who actually interest me can start responding that would be even better....current pic isn't best quality though so i'm hoping with a soon to be posted better pic i'll get better responces.

i know that dosn't really answer the op's question....but thought i'd tell it from the bigger-girl's perspective...if i find a guy who likes me as i am now....i think it would be really shallow for him to break things off if i lost the weight..which i am trying to do.
 sddude
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:22:28 AM
I do not feel comfortable with a woman whos waistline is bigger than mine and protrudes out instead of in . Something about big jello arms do not tickle my fancy either , all of that can be fixed if one thinks it is broken .
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:58:55 PM
@kymbie.. that is so mean of someone to say things about you like that. He is discusting to be so rude about his thoughts of you. Why couldn't he just ... not write anymore... sometimes the best things said... are not said at all!!
 countrygirlnga
Msg: 125
Posted: 2/12/2006 6:07:24 PM
I shy away from men who want to know my weight...my measurements,etc..I think its rude to ask that when you first start talking....Its almost like they dont want to know you for you....It seems all they want to know is if you have a great body or not....I know looks are important but some guys expect way toooooooooo much ......like they are some kind of Tom Cruise.....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > dating an overweight person?