Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ekkobeach
Msg: 26
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...Page 2 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
ShaunaDanielle - going by your above multiple posts, you have a problem shutting up?? Regardless, no one here knows the answers if you don't.
 ShaunaDanielle
Msg: 27
Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...
Posted: 11/30/2005 10:24:33 AM

Wow.....he made you sleep in the car? No one deserves that. Especially if he says he "loves you". You deserve to be treated better. I know it hurts, I have experienced the "dissappearing act" myself and it sucks, but treat yourself with more respect and expect the same from others.

Hang in there!

Thanks...Yeah, he ran out of money, or so he said...now I think he just didn't want to spend anymore of his money on me if he didn't have to. I thought about offering to pay for a motel room but I didn't because he wouldn't ever let me pay for anything anyway so I figured he wouldn't let me pay for that either.
 ShaunaDanielle
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/30/2005 10:26:33 AM

some ppl do this when they don't know what the want in life single ? or with someone ?....maybe there just wasn't a click there and he didn't want to hurt you face to face.....maybe something happened in his family and he hasn't had time to call you......sounds like he used and abused you to get what he wanted until someone else came along .....he probably said he loved you but deep down really " no " ........or he left knowing she's getting attached i better pull away....some ppl run when they sense ppl are falling for them to hard.......your a beautful girl go fish girl

Thanks... I don't see how he hasn't had time to call me though if he's been signing online every day... I thought maybe his cell phone may have died but he could at least send me a quick email when he signs online but he won't even do that.
 ShaunaDanielle
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/30/2005 10:27:44 AM

ShaunaDanielle - going by your above multiple posts, you have a problem shutting up?? Regardless, no one here knows the answers if you don't.

actually i'm one of the quietest people you could ever meet. I don't talk much at all in person.
 nurgle
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/30/2005 11:52:49 AM
Your 21, I wouldn't sweat it terribly. More than likely his mind has drifted to thoughts of other things and/or he freaked out at the thought of being 'settled' in some way. Maybe he met someone that he thought would have 'greener grass'.

There are a million what-if's but the only thing you need to worry about is taking care of you and maybe building some situational awareness for the future. I mean he had you sleep in a car, obviously there were some issues somewhere. :-)
 GregBFan
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/30/2005 12:05:01 PM
This may make no sense but, it's a suggestion. Sometimes guys will say I love you way too quick and regret it later, because it makes things way more serious than they wanted.Then they want to back out. I've been guilty of doing this before and have broke myself from the habit.
 fuxalot
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/30/2005 12:13:52 PM
what kind of guys are you going after ???alot of guys (and i know i am going to get shit for admitting this as i have done this before) will see how much they can toy with a girl. he will probably call you in a couple of days and act like nothing has happened, and see if he still has you wrapped around his finger. also, my advice to alot of girls, and not saying you, i dont know you or what kind of girl you are, but hold out on the sex!!! alot of guys (guilty again) willl tell you anything just to get you in the sack, play for a little while, and throw you out. watch out for the guy if he has alot of video games or c.d.s, and he plays a video game for a couple of weeks and gets a new one, stay away from him. if the guy can play with one video game over and over again he is ready fo a commitment. i know, it sounds stupid but think about it and think about the other guys you have been with, and you just might see a pattern there. no i am not gay, just honest, sometimes brutally honest. good luck in your search
 pamelade
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/30/2005 12:32:09 PM
Danielle,
I almost wish I could ask for his name!! He sounds so familiar. Does he by chance ride a motorcycle?
 daemony
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/30/2005 12:51:50 PM
It's not just guys. I was actually living with my girfriend of 8 months (at that time), and we had even been discussing marriage. One day she had some guy start hitting on her on the internet (Myspace), and she took the bait. Next thing I know she is talking about moving up to Canada to be with this guy. In a short 2 month period she went from "I would die without you in my life" to "the heart wants what the heart wants..I love this guy and I want to move up there with him".....so nothing really surprises me anymore about people.....I think the heart is very fickle (hence the reason I am on this site now...sigh)

Scott
 minkdumink
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/30/2005 12:52:38 PM
and though the rules of the road have been lodged
its only peoples games you got to dodge
and its all right Ma,you can make it.
 Hill_Valley_Hick
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2005 6:56:00 PM
Some people mentioned earlier about some book called men like ****es. that is crazy. i myself dont like ****es. i like nice girls who arent a lot of drama. I think everyone has enough stress in their lives without dealing with someone's shit. I advise all you ladies out there to boycott any book that tells you to play hard to get with men or whatever. All men want is a nice girl who also happens to be hot. Don't play mind games the game is hard enough as it is without feminazis trying to throw us guys a curveball.
 delighfuldeb
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/1/2005 7:04:38 PM
Baby he got what he wanted, and left. Not the first time a man ever did that and wont be the last. So keep in mind, men are for recreational use only! So enjoy to the fullest then put them back.
 barngoddess0628
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/1/2005 7:10:22 PM
yes it is horrible The same thing happend to me but I was w/the guy for a year next thing I know my friend tells me she seen his pic on several on line dating services Its probally not you at all. Some guys just want to keep their options open always looking for something better.OH well his loss you will find a nice guy better that it is happening now then a year later......
 sexybabe4u
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/1/2005 7:15:07 PM
i totally agree i read that book girl try it its an eyes opener my ex did the same thing plus more and that book totally helped
 TrialbyFire
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/1/2005 7:55:46 PM
WHo can really explain what guys think? I was in a six year relationship in which I thought was going to lead to a commitment. He was previously divorced, and loved to bait me into holding on. I held on until I found him with a younger married woman with three kids. I guess he truly was able to commit. I did everything including buying the house we were suppose to make a home, now i live in it, and he lives in a one bedroom apartment. I am willing to bet since he also was a dividing factor in this ladies marriage that she will try for a commitment, and my luck he will be able to give that to her, because she doesn't make him bad about himself like I did with my expectations, or truly his own selfish acts of self sabotage.
 000firefighter
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/2/2005 4:30:41 PM
1 month and I love you,,,you are so young and so is he,why are you so eager to fall in love,there is so much for you to do with your life right now while you are young than to be falling in love...I didn't use the word love in a relationship until I was 30 and I married her,I thought I was in love, but even at 30 I was wrong, but I know what it is now,it took me 40yrs to find out,,,just have fun and date.
 frankiethepunk
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/2/2005 5:58:03 PM
ShaunaDanielle after reading your posts and other peoples' post there are a number of observations that I think will help you understand your situation a little better. Firstly, guys your age don't really have complex emotions like love the way women do. Guys just don't understand the emotion of "Love" until they are at least 30 or even into their 40s. So when any guy says, "he's in love with you" what he really means is that he's in lust with you. If you understand the difference you will be in a far better position to control your situation and not get taken advantage of. Secondly, people with emotions are much easier to manipulate than people who don't have emotions. That's why guys are able to dominate and manipulate women more easily after they've had sex with them. Guys don't possess the emotional compass or empathy that you do. So its important not to get caught up in their games of manipulation. They will try to make you feel worthless or redundant. Need less, to say this is going to take a great deal of self control on your part because women of your age are an "emotional gland." So how do you prevent yourself from being taken advantage of and toyed with. Simple. With your sexuality. By controlling the one emotion guys do understand. Their lust. Never give in and surrender completely to their sexual demands. Learn how to keep the leash of their lust taught at all times. If you give everything up then they are satiated and you become redundant. Learn play with the one emotion they do understand and you will gain their respect and be able to control them completely. An experienced woman should be able to teach you all the tricks you'll need to master. So the answer is quite simple, he either dominates your emotional gland or you dominate his lust gland. Incidentally, never allow a guy to make you feel worthless. Learn that your opinion of yourself should always be good and never determined by anyone else, especially a guy. You'll be a lot happier and a lot more in control of your own destiny.
 mbadpuppy
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:15:49 PM
While your intensity is refreshing, if you are following his daily sign-on activity that may be too much for even the most tolerant men. That may spook many. Back off just a little. Wait a week. Send an email and keep it "light".
 fishmonkey
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:28:30 PM
To answer this question you must understand a few things about the majority of men. Number one 50% of the time we have no idea of what we want and the other 50% of time we say we know what we want but are really not sure! The solution, if your feeling used or lied to by one of us, dump us and move on! You have to always consider what is the best for you.
 shancy79
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:30:22 PM
cause they wanna get what they want all guys are like that
 PA!GEĀ®
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:47:34 PM

i guess i should have realized when he made me sleep in a car...but i cared about him so much that i didn't care where i slept

ya think????
Girl, never ever would I have accommodated that
 Stews57
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:48:32 PM
Did you tell him that you loved him too? He may have been hoping that you felt the same way and may have been crushed when you did not respond in kind.
 Iron Wolf
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:53:48 PM
women do the same-damn-thing to me.
 Ital Fem 37
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:58:17 PM
I am not sure if this thread is SAD or worse...Pathetic

now let me think about this for a minute....

he made u sleep in the car...no HUN...u did...and no man who "loves loves" his woman would make her sleep in a car....if he did...he woulda got his sorry ass in the car and given you his BED or some other worthy form of accomodation !!

I got a better idea...why don't u call him & tell him u luv him...but say he has to sleep in your Fridge coz your not quite sure whether it's working or not....an easy request don't u think!!

I think this thread should be called "dumb and dumber"....no wonder you women get stomped on !!

go to the library or bookstore and pick up a book on SELF ESTEEM........maybe you and your "lover boy" can read in YOUR CAR during your work break ...LOL LOL
 babbyme
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2005 8:10:03 PM
You poor thing. I agree with others who mentioned the quick 'i love you' statement. After a month? Ok, I will believe it if he says 'i love the way you make me feel', but if he tells me after a month, that he loves me, I would say: 'You are to see me in one of those afternoons when I have missed my coffee, baby'.

Seriously, I think that some men need to bring the 'i love you' in order to exicte themselves. Men, as women, need the emotional component during sexual encounters (either that or some kinky additions... smiles).

If he is a joker, maybe he was joking when he said: I love you? We believe what we want to believe, what parts were jokes? In any case, it sounds to me that there is/was a big deal of intensity from him, but not much substance. The most passionate people I have met are in fact, very calm and secure.

Maybe you are missing the constant attention he was giving you, that feeling of being the princess in a fairy tale. I don't blame you, it is a nice feeling (many romantic songs come to mind too). My comment? = 2 words = keep it real.

Take care and good luck
Trix
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...