Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What do you hate most about being single? {Locked Due To Chat]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 amis2877
Msg: 76
What do you hate most about being single?Page 4 of 44    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Being single and having to small children I can honeslty say the part I hate is after work I have no adult conversation. Its nice to just have someone to chat with while you make dinner or do the laundry who is going to ask why to everything I say.
 sweetblueyedarling
Msg: 77
view profile
History
What do you hate most about being single?
Posted: 12/2/2005 6:29:46 PM
I miss the closeness, knowing someone loves me, loving someone else. Its fun tp do things together, or to give a long massage....or recieve one. There r many things I miss, and some I dont.........but I think if u get it right, where each person VALUES the relationship..i. e. no lieing, cheating, being lazy, respect each other etc......nothing could be better. Why is that so hard?
 artandsoul
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/2/2005 6:41:00 PM
I miss kissing, talking, laughing, sex, watching movies together, having someone to cook for or vice versa, getting a massage, giving a massage, kissing, talking, laughing, sex ....

oh -- and, most of all, spending way too much time looking for someone to kiss, talk with, laugh with, have sex with, etc, etc ...
 artandsoul
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/2/2005 6:43:02 PM
oh, did I say "have sex with"? I meant "make love to"!
 crunchberries
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:24:38 PM
I have said this before, somewhere, to someone. I miss having someone to go to the store with and share conversation with. I also miss feeling close to someone and having someone there for me. I miss doing things for someone like, just stopping in somewhere, knowing what they like and seeing something, then giving it to them when I get home. I dont have any of those things right now and it does feel like they are missing. I also miss planning things, dreaming, as it were with someone. Going places together.....I think the usual things you do as a couple. It isnt about the romantic moments, it is about the love that makes moments romantic.
 angel_smile
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:36:49 PM
I miss the little moments where only the two of you know what's going on. Just having someone over 4 feet tall that knows you well enough that you can sometimes communicate without words. Does that make any sense at all?

@galligirl... it makes sense to me.... i miss that too...

Also miss the company- romance, sweet nothings, esp on lazy sundays.
 doelvzbbtrflz
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/2/2005 8:24:56 PM
@galligirl understand perfectly...

Damn, I am starting to think that I don't enjoy being single as much as I thought I did....

Naw, I love it, just miss the few good things about not being single, that's all!!!!!!
 ksue44
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/2/2005 8:39:24 PM
#1 - not being able to share the happy moments as well as the sad moments
#2 - not getting my back scratched when it itches - the walls only do so much
#3 - struggling to open jars
#4 - regular love making
#5 - not being able to lay my head in his lap
#6 - not having someone to take turns driving the car on road trips - talking to myself gets old
#7 - regular bear hugs & kisses
 GRACEFOOL
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/2/2005 8:45:32 PM
i'm in the process of moving, just tried to lift my t.v. all by my lil ol self.aaaaaahk!
 nosoup4u
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/2/2005 8:53:39 PM
Sigh, yes. The cuddling, the spooning, waking up next to someone and holding each other. Oh yeah, the sex too.
 BlackbirdXIII
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/2/2005 9:34:40 PM
Having incredible dreams of adventure and romance, then waking up in the morning and finding nothing has changed and the drudgery continues.
 Shock and Awe!
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/2/2005 10:27:44 PM
Not being able to look across a room or a table and think Wow!
I can't believe She's Mine!

Knowing there's Someone who Cares?
 triplebp
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2005 10:49:25 PM
Well angel smile.

My twin brother and his wife asking me the age old questions such as yourself. Oh and of course the I know a great girl routine from everyone on my family. Or the We have someone just for you...........sheeesh.

Tell you what next wedding you have let me know I'll pretend for you if you do the same for me.

Me it's also the cuddling but on a cold winters night, but cold raining will do too. Ah the sunday thing.....bed all day.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2005 12:26:58 AM
Is there something to hate about being single????

I have to think about that.
 dave1234
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2005 2:40:39 AM
Having read through this thread I see a recurring mention of morning sex, a warm body at night, lying in bed with someone all day Sunday but few mentions of what most ADS contain regarding "must like this", "must not do that", etc. I wonder how many people have placed the morning sex and warm body at night and other intimate references in their ADS?

This thread should open a lot of people's eyes. It should put into priority what one is looking for as that is what one is missing. I'm willing to bet more ADS stating what one misses and what one is truly searching for would generate a lot more replies and result in a lot more happy unions.

A romantic relationship is a sexual relationship. If one is looking for a romantic relationship the sexual compatibility should be emphasized as opposed to their AD appearing as if looking for a bowling partner. A point to ponder, folks.
 momvon
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2005 4:14:15 AM
the spooning and cuddling after the great lovemaking, Morning love, waking your partner up by nibbling on ....to have ...more.
The whole " Hi honey I am home how was your day routine"
Mutual massages,hmmm....
Lazy Sundays spent cuddling close and making love all day long!
My memory is failing fast.....
 aylesford
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/3/2005 4:36:41 AM
Being alone!!!!
 AlGator
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/3/2005 5:44:04 AM
The thought of having no one to grow old and ugly with.

Sniff.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/3/2005 5:52:23 AM
Having to try to be my own handyman. I'm better now than I used to be, but I usually don't fix stuff 100% correctly. I have a lot of married friends, but I don't really like to utilize that resource too much, because they might get tired of 'the single one' and stop coming...just when I really need them for an emergency like busted/frozen pipes or a leak in the roof!
 oldanduglyincalgary
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/3/2005 7:43:30 AM
That handyman term can be used rather loosely. I more like Tim the Tool man Taylor, things usually end up worse when I try to fix them.
 curious98
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/3/2005 7:50:20 AM
I don't mind going anywhere by myself (and sometimes I even prefer it) but it does bug me sometimes when I go out to eat or anyplace where you need to reserve the space. I've left books or newpapers at a table in a restaurant, went to the restroom only to return to an empty table.
 Blastkist
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/3/2005 7:53:44 AM
Lack of sex is one of them. Companionship...a sense of belonging with someone.

Other than that, I'm happy being single.
 wvgin
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 12/3/2005 7:54:13 AM
Not having someone to lavish, spoil, write little notes to. Not having someone to come home to at the end of a long day and just simply ask, "How was your day?" No one to listen to your joys, fears, etc or to give you a hug or simply hold you in their arms. And no one to talk about the world today, the kids, politics, life in general with.
 oldanduglyincalgary
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/3/2005 8:03:06 AM
I agreee with you there 100%, and now especially that you cannot smoke in any public place. I used to leave a lit cigeratte going in the ashtry if I had to leave th table for a moment but now the service industry (and I use that term loosely in most cases) is so intent on getting that little table they decided to give you in the back corner or right beside the front door, they take your order and before your plate is cold they are giving you the bill and basically telling to to leave right away because they need that space.

I go out on my own all the time, I always have. I go to baseball, hockey, basketball games, movies, dinner, roller rinks and the odd sports bar and for the last 3 years I have even sat out in my own backyard by the fire pit to all hours of the night, I've gt it I might as wel use it.

But folks, I have found over the years that the best place to get decent service when your single is at a truck stop, afterall they cater to North America's largest single population and do it with pride and a smile.
 gtxblueyes
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/3/2005 8:08:47 AM
No reason to hate being single,

Angle smile, rent a date for the weddings, funerals well going alone is best for this function anyway, and stormy nights , hot tea and a good book, find you a small dog , You will be fine.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What do you hate most about being single? {Locked Due To Chat]