Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > New York Jets.....Fans      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jake52177
Msg: 176
view profile
History
New York JETS.....FansPage 8 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
funny guy. For you its on to the next book,hockey, or celtic game.(They have a closing window). Maybe spring training. Definately not foozball cause its the devil.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 177
view profile
History
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/19/2011 2:20:55 PM
There's nothing 'fairweather' about it.......Jets are in the AFC finals, Giants are not...

I don't know about you...But this really sums it up for me. Thanks for the clarification....

...just the same way it was a year ago.....

And I can just imagine how you were year ago.

and Btw, i'd rather be a 1 time wonder than a chronic underachiever(NE) with big expectations and then, sputtering out every year in the playoffs!

You can't be a 1 time wonder and bandwagon at the same time! When you got the Jets and Giants (and you live in NY)...So many options just for you. Just own up to it buddy! That life of a bandwagon is the way of life…In NY.

that cromartie is a socially irresponsible person, who isn't trying to make himself anything other than what he is!.....whereas, golden-boy Tom is (or has been)passed off as a wholesome, squeaky clean, all-American boy!

Thanks for clarifying that for me too...

....i was re-directing Happyjack's (the person who you are now sticking up for!)

I wasn't defending anybody...I was just referring to the process development you’ve been doing to be closer to Jet fans (zomby). Nothing more exciting for you to bring yourself closer than to build that interpersonal relationship with those Jet fans…Hey! If you’re lucky, you might even get a chance to be part of their parade… If the Jets win the SB… After that, mission complete and total acceptance…Now you can sh!t green for the rest of your life (Or until Jets stink again and the process development to be closer to Giants starts all over again).

By the way buddy, if you can read better than you can write. You called out “NE fans”…Not just Happyjack.
 sum1reel
Msg: 178
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/19/2011 7:08:31 PM

Thanks for the clarification....

if stating a fact is something you needed clarification on, pal......then the severity of your state of denial is worse than i thought!

And I can just imagine how you were year ago.

unless you developed a sudden case of Alzheimer's...it shouldn't be that hard for you to remember, Pal.........i was just as elated when NE got their azzes handed to them by the ravens!

When you got the Jets and Giants (and you live in NY)...So many options just for you.

As a giants fan...i don't get the option on beating on NE as much as the Jets do....so i have to enjoy it by proxy, Pal!......you see, we got the immense privilege of pulling the rug underneath your perfect season in SB, 42....probably something that won't be seen again!.....but to cap it off, pal....i now got to see another NY team do something similar (in a game that they were supposed to get demolished)...and this time in your own sand-box.

Thanks for clarifying that for me too...

no problem Pal, so knowing what Cromartie did......it should now give you a sense of grandeur knowing that Tommy knocked-up & walked out on only 1 woman!

I was just referring to the process development you’ve been doing to be closer to Jet fans

You mistook that for the process of development that i've done in order to "stick" it to ALL the NE fans, pal!.......Jet fans don't need me, they got their power supply already...but they get a full "thumbs-up" from me, because, as the saying goes: the 'enemy' of my 'enemy',..... is my friend!

You called out “NE fans”…Not just Happyjack.

Yeah Pal...all NE fans!!....well that's because mass-denial can really be comforting to you!...but make sure you 2 latch on tight to one another, there is strenght in numbers.......as you all march into the sunset strongly believing that you were still the best team in the NFL............kinda like the band that was still playing on the Titanic, while the ship was sinking!
 HappyJack59
Msg: 179
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/20/2011 6:18:09 AM

funny guy. For you its on to the next book,hockey, or celtic game.(They have a closing window). Maybe spring training. Definately not foozball cause its the devil.

I dunno about hockey. I still haven't gotten over that magnificent choke job the Bruins pulled last Spring. Up 3-0 in games, and then up 3-0 in score in the 7th game and they still lost. I think I'm scarred for life. At least it didn't happen against the Canadians, this time.

Off to College Hoops I guess. The NBA season is far too long so I'm only half watching that until the playoffs begin (in 4 months!)

I'm torn about who to root for the rest of the way in the NFL. There are things to like about both Pitt and NY, and things to dislike. Might need to get me one of those Cheesehead Hats for the duration.
 Jake52177
Msg: 180
view profile
History
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/20/2011 10:07:54 AM
Go with the AFC EAST. It only raises our profile.
 Mrlowe45
Msg: 181
view profile
History
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/20/2011 11:17:12 AM
I don't know about that Jake....you have to remember they are playing the 6Xchampion Pittsburg Steelers and you can best believe they are not gonna be spotting the Jets no points this go around...now the Jets are a formible foe and I don't think its going to be an easy win for whoever survives but I like the
 Jake52177
Msg: 182
view profile
History
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/20/2011 4:47:27 PM
Hey flash the hardware. Just make us more envious and lustful.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 183
view profile
History
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/21/2011 3:58:24 PM
if stating a fact is something you needed clarification on, pal......

Nothing more clearer than explaining it with more detail that you are bandwagon was enough I needed to hear...

.........i was just as elated when NE got their azzes handed to them by the ravens!

But more ecstatic for your "J-men".

As a giants fan...

As a who? Naaaaw!!! Not you? Not today...Not until after the SB.

you see, we got the immense privilege of pulling the rug underneath your perfect season in SB, 42....

Yes I know... You say it over and over again.

....i now got to see another NY team do something similar (in a game that they were supposed to get demolished)...

Did you see it behind the fence or over the fence? Did you have to climb it yourself? Or did other Giant fans give you a boost? I'm just asking...I need "clarification".

no problem Pal, so knowing what Cromartie did......it should now give you a sense of grandeur knowing that Tommy knocked-up & walked out on only 1 woman!

That was a technicality...That happens everyday. Cromartie on the other hand is no excuse. You would think he would have learned after his 4th or 5th...This guy gottza 9.

You mistook that for the process of development that i've done in order to "stick" it to ALL the NE fans, pal!.......

Sure...And we are the one's that are arrogant?!

!.......Jet fans don't need me, they got their power supply already...

It's not a matter of the Jet fans needing you...It's you needing them. Don't worry about it buddy! Afterall, it is a free world. That's why we live in this beautiful country! We can change our minds anytime we want...Even though it destroys your creditibility.

well that's because mass-denial can really be comforting to you!...but make sure you 2 latch on tight to one another, there is strenght in numbers.......as you all march into the sunset strongly believing that you were still the best team in the NFL............

At least we are one buddy! You on the other hand "march" over the fences...Under the fences...Through the fences (if needed)...And in your younger days, you use to jump over the fences...I'm curious? What do you do during basketball season? You only got the Knicks...Maybe the Nets perhaps? That doesn't make sense...Or could it?

By the way buddy, you better hope the Jets win it because after this season you might kiss a lot of players good bye due to free agency. Jets beefed up too soon... A lot of players want a lot of money.
 sum1reel
Msg: 184
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/21/2011 7:06:25 PM

Nothing more clearer than explaining it with more detail that you are bandwagon was enough I needed to hear...

then let me make it unmistakably clear, Pal:.....Any team with a reasonable prospect of winning over NE (no matter how much of an underdog they might be), is the "bandwagon" that you'll see me riding on!

But more ecstatic for your "J-men".

if that's how you wanna see it, pal...(in order to placate your rancor, following NE's heinous defeat), then indulge yourself!!!......but the pleasure (for me) is the end-result---->NE players shuffling off the field in disbelief, heads hanging low.....whining about how the victors were celebrating on the field!!!!

Naaaaw!!! Not you? Not today...Not until after the SB.

the Gmen are still my preferred team, as many of us are still basking in the glow of SB, 42 win!!!.......but that doesn't mean i don't take pleasure in seeing another NY team shaft NE up the azz!

Did you see it behind the fence or over the fence?

I saw it 'Through' the fence, Pal......(the game had so much magnitude that you could have seen it right through a brick wall)

did other Giant fans give you a boost? I'm just asking...I need "clarification".

yep, fans like Antrelle Rolle (and probably half the Giant's roster)...

That was a technicality...That happens everyday.

Impregnating his girlfriend, then walking out on her after child-birth is a "technicality", (according to you)....man, if this doesn't underscore your conceit, i dunno what does!..........the point (that you've clearly missed) is that Cromartie is a social scuzz-ball, who isn't being made out to be anything different!...whereas, Brady...is a kinder-gentler scuzz-ball, who has been polished up to look like a steadfast family man!

And we are the one's that are arrogant?

Yep, that is based upon what you (three) NE fans were brashly boasting about in the days preceding the game...you may wanna refer to it again, in case you've developed some post-loss amnesia!...............Pal!

It's you needing them.....

...to beat NE!!!....and it is mission-accomplished, Pal.....as NE is slowly being turned into the "post-season" $2 Hore(that everyone is taking turns on) of the NFL!.

Even though it destroys your creditibility.

Not as much as its destroyed Brady's, Bettacheat's, (post-season) credibility.....but don't pull your head outta the sands of denial yet, pal...it might just be too hard for all you NE fans to bear...as you proudly root for the NFL's "premier" organization!

you better hope the Jets win it because after this season you might kiss a lot of players good bye due to free agency. Jets beefed up too soon... A lot of players want a lot of money.

No pal...^^..that's for the Jet's core fans to be concerned about!.....if the jets beat Pitz and head for the SB, then good for them (i wish'em well)......But!!,.i already got my fill for the year!!!...and it could not have sweeter!--->Jets 28--NE 21!
 feltersnatch
Msg: 185
view profile
History
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/23/2011 6:54:04 PM
Isn't that special?!?! No Super Bowl for the Jets! Now we don't have to hear Rex's pie hole until next season...Well done Steelers!!
 Baldy8
Msg: 186
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/23/2011 7:00:23 PM

Isn't that special?!?! No Super Bowl for the Jets! Now we don't have to hear Rex's pie hole until next season...Well done Steelers!!

I agree. Although I'm sure he will have something stupid to say. Maybe "same old Jets, same old choke in the AFC championship" lol. I hate Ben the rapist too though. Go Packers.
 feltersnatch
Msg: 187
view profile
History
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/23/2011 7:23:33 PM
Maybe "same old Jets, same old choke in the AFC championship"

You would think two years in a row...Right? This will be their last appearance in the AFC championship for along time. What was very pleasuring to see was seeing Rex getting upset and throwing his headset on the floor...I hope they show that in the highlights over and over again.

There you go Jet fans...Enjoy your loss!!!
 sum1reel
Msg: 188
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/23/2011 7:47:06 PM
@Wiz

No Super Bowl for the Jets! Now we don't have to hear Rex's pie hole until next season

For me.....the dusting of NE, was good enuff!.....a feather in Rex's cap...winning the 2nd most important game in Jet's franchise history!

Well done Steelers!!

enjoy your 'bandwagon' ride, Wiz!!!....but don't get off too fast now!.....i hear they are serving a free c0cktail brew for embittered NE fans--->sweet wine + sour grapes!!!

This will be their last appearance in the AFC championship for along time.

Like I said: ..^^... the only fans more arrogant than the cowboys fans are those of NE!...keep the arrogance going pal,...maybe 1 day you'll realize your ship is sinking when the water level is up to neck!...as you may recall, you predicted the Jets to finish last in the AFC-e, but they showed you up 2 years in a row!

@bald

Maybe "same old Jets, same old choke in the AFC championship"

i don't think it was a loss due to choking....the Jets came out flat, and made too many errors.....they showed some moxy in the late going but it was too little too late.......Pits was more poised, and have a far better ground defense than NE, a better QB as well....Roeth is hard to rattle!
 earthlingsRevenge
Msg: 189
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/23/2011 8:08:11 PM
I can't believe Patriots lost to this crapy team,
New Pork Jets.

They scored 10 points in 3 quarters.

The thing I noticed steelers players play with heart, play to win.
It didn't take much effort for the Steelers to slap around the Jets.

I hate to say this, but SB is going to go to the Steelers, hope this time they really win it, not steal it like last two SB wins.
 sum1reel
Msg: 190
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/23/2011 8:16:07 PM
^

I can't believe Patriots lost to this crapy team,

...that because NE is an over-hyped team, made of smug arrogant players (just like their fans)...who think that the "sun shines outta their azz-holes"....Btw, that 'crappy-team' fared way better in the playoffs than your over-hyped under-achievers 2 years straight!

The thing I noticed steelers players play with heart,

...which is something you'll never see when watching NE play!
 MGMLION
Msg: 191
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/23/2011 11:17:55 PM
Never thought the Jets would score the last 19 points of the game and still lose.
 Baldy8
Msg: 192
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/24/2011 2:47:48 AM

i don't think it was a loss due to choking....the Jets came out flat, and made too many errors.....they showed some moxy in the late going but it was too little too late.......Pits was more poised, and have a far better ground defense than NE, a better QB as well....Roeth is hard to rattle!

I agree with that. I still say Rex talks too much and needs to stop putting a target on his back though. I feel sorry for guys like Tomlinson and J Taylor who are classy guys and dont like the trash talk. Taylor even said he doesn't like all the trash talking on ESPN radio last week.
 newdejavu
Msg: 193
view profile
History
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/24/2011 3:39:05 AM
Jets almost pulled off the 2nd half comeback. I'm sure it's disappointing, but getting to two conference title games in a row is a great accomplishment; especially as a wild-card team. Sanchez looks like the real deal for the Jets; and yes, there will be line-up changes, free agency moves, etc., but the Jets look like a solid team who will be in the hunt for the next several years if not longer. The Jets really need to win the AFC east and get a bye week if they want to take the next step.
 HappyJack59
Msg: 194
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/24/2011 5:09:21 AM
The Jets will definitely be in the hunt the next couple of years. I agree with newdejavu. It would probably help their cause if they won the division and got a bye for a change, playing Indy and NE on the road obviously took alot out of them. I'm not sure if they can maintain their focus for an entire season, and that's what it's going to take to climb over NE for the better seed, but they've certainly shown they can beat any one when they bring their A game.
 sum1reel
Msg: 195
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/24/2011 8:51:47 AM

I still say Rex talks too much and needs to stop putting a target on his back though.

@bald..^

i think the trash-talk worked in favor of the Jets.....ryan used it like a mental weapon!.....the trash talk diminished all week before this game, and i think it caused the Jets to unwind and relax a bit....this was reflected in how they came out in the 1st half, they showed too much respect for the Steelers, and came out too tight!......they stepped it up in the 2nd but it wasn't enuff time!
----------------------------

@Newd

Jets almost pulled off the 2nd half comeback. I'm sure it's disappointing, but getting to two conference title games in a row is a great accomplishment;

its has to be killing Rex ryan more than anyone else!!.......he was a few points away from fullfilling his own prophecy!!!!...just thinking of some of the blown chances, is enuff to make him nutz!......2 confernce appearances is not shabby at all....but Rex can't be happy right now, not considering who the Jets hadda beat to get there!

The Jets really need to win the AFC east and get a bye week if they want to take the next step.

yes and no!.......winning top seed offers no assurances of anything!....look at the falcons, NE, eagles, bears!...........the key for the Jets is they gotta play consistently, they need to stay hungry, and should not over-respect their opponents!!

@Jack

It would probably help their cause if they won the division and got a bye for a change, playing Indy and NE on the road obviously took alot out of them. I'm not sure if they can maintain their focus for an entire season, and that's what it's going to take to climb over NE for the better seed, but they've certainly shown they can beat any one when they bring their A game.

i agree that playing Ind & NE took alot outta them.....but they still might have beaten Pits if they'd played better in the 1 st half..........having a 2 week lay-over can hurt as much as it can help, it sure didn't serve as an advantage for NE or atlanta.
 justnancy
Msg: 196
view profile
History
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/24/2011 1:26:21 PM
Sorry bout your loss Jet fans <----- Now who the he11 put those darn happy celebrating dancing bananas in there?.... Geeeeeeze!
 feltersnatch
Msg: 197
view profile
History
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/24/2011 2:18:59 PM

For me.....the dusting of NE, was good enuff!.....

Spoken like a true Jet fan… And so did Rex and his New York Jets. But here's a news flash for you buddy, that wasn’t the Super Bowl. There were actually two more games needing to win the big one.

enjoy your 'bandwagon' ride

The difference between my bandwagon and your bandwagon is that mine is short lived without any sort of wanting to bond or try to be associated with other winning teams. You on the other hand (because you live NY) wanted to partake in their winnings and parades. I have to admit, you did a good job on hitting it off quite well with Jets fans…Now according to your “religious obligations” you better provide those Jet fans some source of comfort. If you don’t, your involving efforts for next season to be part of their winnings will be difficult to win those Jet fans over.

Like I said: ..^^... the only fans more arrogant than the cowboys fans are those of NE!...keep the arrogance going pal,...

My arrogance doesn’t exceed your ignorance…And your posts have surely have proven it over and over again in the Patriot’s thread.

...as you may recall, you predicted the Jets to finish last in the AFC-e, but they showed you up 2 years in a row!

Yah sure…And I’ll do it again next year too. Sure the Jets showed up 2 years, but that’s all they did was “show up”. Now you can give thanks to those Jets for being the AFC Loser Champions two years in row and counting…Good job! Don’t forget to wear those AFC Loser Champions t-shirts with pride.

By the way buddy, don’t forget you also predicted that Brady’s time was up at the beginning season.

day you'll realize your ship is sinking when the water level is up to neck!...

Just like your Giants, right? But only you would know that feeling. Your Giants have sunk so deep that its extents are no longer visible.

i hear they are serving a free c0cktail brew for embittered NE fans--->sweet wine + sour grapes!!!

Nope…More like champagne of victory that Rex’s trash talking didn’t back them up by guaranteeing a SB win. A pure punch in the face…Open mouth and insert fist. Now that Jets fans (and bandwagons) are out…No better time than to forget. Maybe to get by those lonely days I heard in New York sledding this time of year at the George Washington Bridge during traffic will help soothe your loss...I'm just saying.
 Jake52177
Msg: 198
view profile
History
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/24/2011 6:33:26 PM
The season is over but the NFL will always remember the J E T S. Im not sad because i seen a lot of seasons end in October. Good luck to the Steelers and see yall at the Barry Bonds trial.
 sum1reel
Msg: 199
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/24/2011 8:44:47 PM

Spoken like a true.......

....Cheatriot hater!......

But here's a news flash for you buddy, that wasn’t the Super Bowl.

...for me it was, Pal, for me it was!!!!......

There were actually two more games needing to win the big one.

well, isnt this ^^ what you'd written on your poster, when you went to see NE play the jets?......but you forgot to remind Bettacheat & Brady that they had to get past the Jets first!

The difference between my bandwagon and your bandwagon is that ....

...you're on it so you can 'bend-over' to support any team for the purpose of re-inforcing your state of denial, which is necessary to shield you from seeing things as they really are!

You on the other hand (because you live NY) wanted to....

...see the Jets STOMP out NE, just like the Ravens did the year before!

Now according to your “religious obligations” you better provide those Jet fans some source of comfort.

sure pal!..lets begin the services by chanting----->Jets 28---NE 21....(how's that for starters).

My arrogance doesn’t exceed your ignorance…And your posts have surely have proven it over and over again in the Patriot’s thread.

the ONLY thing that might supercede your arrogance, is INDEED, your utter ignorance......why don't you scroll back to the NE thread and read how your mASS comrades were pompously predicting a 'turkey-shoot of a win' in favor of NE!..........Ah, but that is your denial (again!) fooling you into thinking that my wisdom is ignorance,.... and that your folly is brilliance!!!!

Yah sure…And I’ll do it again next year too.

^^^ as i said above: the only thing bigger than you arrogance is your ignorance.....i rest my case!

the Jets showed up 2 years, but that’s all they did was “show up”.

...which is a helluva lot more than you can say for NE!!!...aint it pal!

don’t forget you also predicted that Brady’s time was up at the beginning season.

..and mine still stands!....TB is slowly transitioning from what was a formidable QB...down to what looks more & more like a Fair-weather QB.....he never was the same since he lost SB, 42.

Your Giants have sunk so deep that its extents are no longer visible.

bitterness is a pill that is often hard to swallow pal.....in a perverse kinda way, i'm sort of sorry for your (SB 42 loss), as you and i know that NE would NEVER be the same since!........so if it makes your tragedy a bit easier to stomach, go ahead and belittle the Gmen, Pal........we in NY, fully understand!
 HappyJack59
Msg: 200
New York JETS.....Fans
Posted: 1/25/2011 6:42:49 AM

The season is over but the NFL will always remember the J E T S. Im not sad because i seen a lot of seasons end in October.

If I were a Jets fan I think I'd also be reasonably satisfied. They made it to back-to-back AFC title games, on the road every step of the way. Defeated their hated division rival as an added bonus. I doubt I'll ever have a kind word for Antonio Cromartie, and I won't be sending Bart Scott any Valentines either. But I like Rex Ryan. Somehow I don't think he's going to have a very long stay in NY. His style is great when it's working, but I have to think it wears you out after a while, and can't be sustained. We'll see. Time to go find a Cheesehead Hat!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > New York Jets.....Fans