Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > life begins at forty      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Football Mom
Msg: 51
life begins at fortyPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I'll be 42 in 4 months. I don't feel any different than when I was 22, physically or emotionally. Okay, so maybe I have a few wrinkles and gray hair under the blonde. Other than the fact that I find myself raising 2 kids by myself, have more stress and responsibilities, I don't find much of a difference between being 22 or 42. I hope I feel the same when I'm 62.
 awesome_male
Msg: 52
view profile
History
life begins at forty
Posted: 3/18/2006 5:37:46 PM
Really dont know about forty I'm only 35. Some things I feel better about myself now than when I was 25-30 and some things I don't.
 desertsun
Msg: 53
life begins at forty
Posted: 3/19/2006 12:25:27 AM
I wouldnt go back to my 20's or 30's either:

Girls vs. Grown Women Girls leave their schedule wide-open and wait for a guy to call and make plans. Grown women make their own plans and nicely tell the guy to get in where he fits in.
Girls want to control the man in their life. Grown women know that if he's truly hers, he doesn't need controlling.
Girls check you for not calling them. Grown women are too busy to realize you hadn't.
Girls try to put a man 'on lock' by using sex. Grown women know that it's the sex of the mental kind that makes a man want to 'lock' you down.
Girls fake-moan, lay there and take the stabbing. Grown women say, "Just stop", get up, get dressed and walk out.
Girls are afraid to be alone. Grown women revel in it--using it as a time for personal growth. Girls ignore the good guys. Grown women ignore the bad guys.
Girls make you come. Grown women make you come home.
Girls worry about not being pretty and/or good enough for their man. Grown women know that they are pretty and/or good enough for any man.
Girls try to monopolize all their man's time (i.e. don't want him hanging with his friends). Grown women realize that a lil' bit of space makes the 'together time' even more special and goes to kick it with her own friends!
Girls think a guy crying is weak. Grown women offer their shoulder and a tissue.
Girls want to be spoiled and 'tell' their man so. Grown women show him and make him comfortable enough to reciprocate w/o fear of losing his manhood.
Girls get hurt by one man and make all men pay for it. Grown women know that it was just one man.
Girls fall in love, chase aimlessly after the object of their affection, ignoring all signs. Grown women know that sometimes the one you love, don't always love you back.
Girls will read this and get an attitude. Grown women will read this and pass it on to other grown women!!

I love where I am at in life at 43....almost 44!!
 FRÊCKLËS~JÕ~®
Msg: 54
life begins at forty
Posted: 3/19/2006 5:01:15 PM

I wouldnt go back to my 20's or 30's either:

Girls vs. Grown Women Girls leave their schedule wide-open and wait for a guy to call and make plans. Grown women make their own plans and nicely tell the guy to get in where he fits in.
Girls want to control the man in their life. Grown women know that if he's truly hers, he doesn't need controlling.
Girls check you for not calling them. Grown women are too busy to realize you hadn't.
Girls try to put a man 'on lock' by using sex. Grown women know that it's the sex of the mental kind that makes a man want to 'lock' you down.
Girls fake-moan, lay there and take the stabbing. Grown women say, "Just stop", get up, get dressed and walk out.
Girls are afraid to be alone. Grown women revel in it--using it as a time for personal growth. Girls ignore the good guys. Grown women ignore the bad guys.
Girls make you come. Grown women make you come home.
Girls worry about not being pretty and/or good enough for their man. Grown women know that they are pretty and/or good enough for any man.
Girls try to monopolize all their man's time (i.e. don't want him hanging with his friends). Grown women realize that a lil' bit of space makes the 'together time' even more special and goes to kick it with her own friends!
Girls think a guy crying is weak. Grown women offer their shoulder and a tissue.
Girls want to be spoiled and 'tell' their man so. Grown women show him and make him comfortable enough to reciprocate w/o fear of losing his manhood.
Girls get hurt by one man and make all men pay for it. Grown women know that it was just one man.
Girls fall in love, chase aimlessly after the object of their affection, ignoring all signs. Grown women know that sometimes the one you love, don't always love you back.
Girls will read this and get an attitude. Grown women will read this and pass it on to other grown women!!

omg that is fantastic.."desertsun"... I salute you..and 100% true!!!
45 here.. and luving life..
 mithrilmoon
Msg: 55
view profile
History
life begins at forty
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:51:20 AM
Yes indeed.

Right now I wanna 'feel' some gorgeous younger man.

Any volunteers? LOL.

I'm not sure that life begins at forty. Certainly I am more self-aware and miles sassier than when I was young but that same self-awareness continually reminds me that I am getting older...

You can't win!

Pauline X
 wikkidd
Msg: 56
life begins at forty
Posted: 4/1/2006 9:05:08 PM
Desertsun i don't know where you got that...but i'm glad i have a copy of it now....it was absolutely awesome to read...I LOVE BEING 41!!!
 sassyvgirl
Msg: 57
life begins at forty
Posted: 4/3/2006 2:47:54 PM
Desertsun......Woohoo girlfriend! So true...... I'm 41 and loving every minute of it!
 leafs_girl
Msg: 58
view profile
History
life begins at forty
Posted: 4/4/2006 9:53:52 AM
you got that right,,,and boy oh boy 27 sure feels great,,,,
 leafs_girl
Msg: 59
view profile
History
life begins at forty
Posted: 4/4/2006 9:59:06 AM
i tottalyy agree with ekkobeach,,,,27 sure feels awsome,,,,
 char66
Msg: 60
life begins at forty
Posted: 4/4/2006 9:58:57 PM
Words of wisdom desertsun...i saved it..I just turned 40 in jan and it is the begining of my life..i love it... im enjoying every minute of it and more to come.
 stolidis
Msg: 61
life begins at forty
Posted: 4/5/2006 7:48:16 AM
I'm in better shape today than I was practically all my life..(exercising does help the mind and body)...I feel better today than I ever felt,so yes I feel life begins for me at 40
 Ooli
Msg: 62
life begins at forty
Posted: 4/5/2006 10:25:29 AM
I'm a proud 45 and although my life is in transition, I feel more vital and enthusiastic about it then I have at any point thus far. So, I am surprised at the ageism that exists when it comes to dating and returning to the work force. I feel that I am bringing much more to the table today then I was in my 20's or 30's.

I'm not quite sure how to handle this, because quite frankly, I don't see my age as a disadvantage. For the most part, I let this negativity just roll off me, but occasionally the self doubt will creep in and I'll wonder, "What happens if they're right and I'm no longer desirable as a woman...or an employee?"

I think I'm not alone in this. I feel that other men and women in their forties, find themselves single and in the midst of a career change, as well.

I've been a full time student for the last four years and now I'm competing for jobs with 20 somethings. I thought that would be an advantage for me...mature, stable, highly skilled, child rearing years in the past...and was shocked at a couple of my professors and fellow students telling me that my age was a disadvantage. Grrr.
 hummingbird23
Msg: 63
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/17/2006 1:15:10 PM
Update the Boobs are shrinking and the personality is growing!! Life begins when you start believeing in yourself!! I love my life and I wouldn't change it for anything!! Take the bull by the horns and go enjoy your life! You never know when your time is up!
 zentral
Msg: 64
view profile
History
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/17/2006 1:49:38 PM
It truly began for me at 38, got a booster shot at 45, and has been going strong ever since (now almost 52). This IS prime time!
 imrule62
Msg: 65
view profile
History
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/17/2006 6:24:14 PM
I'll be 42 in lets see 9 days, my body has changed some, but I just needed to make a few adjustments to it. Ain't got as much hair but I knew that was coming. Other then that Life rocks at 42, alot of dreams have come true, I found alot weren't really that important. I have experanced alot of life. I'm alot happier now then I was at 20 or 25 thats for sure. I've learned what love is and isn't, whats important and what isn't.
Yeah life rocks!!!!
 littlemo
Msg: 66
view profile
History
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/18/2006 6:34:59 AM
I turned 42 on the 13th. Life if great - would bed nice to have someone in my life to share it with, but to be honest, I had a great time with family and friends. Life is good, appreicate every day and live my motto: "You Only Live Once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
 carpaccio
Msg: 67
view profile
History
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:12:48 AM
I turned forty in Venice. Staying at the same hostel were a woman turning 60, and a man turning 80. None of us knew each other before then. Your body changes, and your priorities might change, but numbers are just that - numbers.
 adamselindisdress
Msg: 68
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:50:02 AM
I'm 44 and I think life is WAY better than when I was in my 20's.

I am more confident and secure in and with myself.

So getting this far isn't so bad - and it's sure better than the alternative !!
 craftiwench
Msg: 69
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:51:37 AM
If only I had my 41 yr old brain and my 16 year old body.......lol!
 Sin*ful
Msg: 70
view profile
History
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/18/2006 5:58:16 PM
I am nearly 46 and I am still trying to tell those 20 something year olds that think they are ohhhhhhhhh so cool and dangerous..that when they turn 40 something call upon me..I love my age and I love my men at their age ..and with women who love younger men well great for you I love my men my age and always will because they are men and they are sexy and because they have more than you can imagine...and for you women who think you cant adjust to men your age..u just have never met the right man or you want to feel ummmmmmmm that some guy finds you so attractive..shit if it be like that with me i be always with guys 24 and sum in europe and here..our men over 40 are gorgeous in their own way and so much sex appeal and so much stamina and so much understanding..and men I praise you all
 nolesfan
Msg: 71
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/18/2006 6:35:46 PM
well i sure hope it does,i will be there on thursday
 offshoreh2o
Msg: 72
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/19/2006 5:43:07 PM
I turned 40 in December, and I have to say, looking back I am in far better shape now than I was at 30! That is both mentally AS WELL AS physically! Someone earlier posted a thread that said at this age "I get it" I am in agreement with that statement!
 luv2laff61
Msg: 73
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/21/2006 1:17:39 AM
I'm almost 45 and this is the best time of my life.
 Top It
Msg: 74
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/21/2006 7:21:43 PM
I am not really sure.

I recently turned 43 and feel that life isnt that exciting, although I feel that it is getting better. I experience life with a great respect for it, and those that respect it, and those in it. If you can't respect it, I simply have NO respect for them. As you were given a great gift, you need to respect it all completely.

I am getting into what I believe is the best shape of my life so far (compared to 20 yrs. ago) by running up and down the mountains, and eating right. I quit drinking years ago because it just really isnt that healthy, and I no longer smoke either, so I can breathe really good now. I have had two lower inguinal hernias fixed two years ago (oh what a joy that lil' experience was), and one rotator cuff fixed many years ago, for what its worth: right leg reset many, many years ago due to a skateboard incident. Everything else works very well.

I can see that life is getting alot better for me, I just wished I could find a good woman to share it with, and it seems to be that if you don't drink like a fish or smoke you just aint considered "normal." Hmmmm. I can't figure it out.
 gdoodles
Msg: 75
life begins at forty
Posted: 6/21/2006 7:53:09 PM
I love this. It sounds like something my brother would tell me. His quote to me just recently was..."Only you can prevent forest fires." He is right. I am 42 and feel like I have only just begun.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > life begins at forty