Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Why are the Benny Hinns of the world promoted?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RDtoo
Msg: 76
view profile
History
I am a partner of Benny Hinns Ministry Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Sometimes I can see why people think Christians are morons. I posted 2 sites on Hinn. Sites that use his own words and actions that should tell us everything we need to know about him, yethe still is defended like he is Jesus' right hand man. He's not, you know?
 FauzWuzHere
Msg: 77
I am a partner of Benny Hinns Ministry
Posted: 2/19/2005 4:26:07 AM
Benny Hinn is a fraud and a piss-poor representation of Christianity.

What a tragedy that Christians can have a Bible under their arm, run a tel-evangelist show, don a choir robe, hold a communion cup in their hand, have a Sunday school pin for perfect attendance on their lapel, and say, “Lord, I’ve cast out demons in your name and I’ve healed the sick,” yet they hear these words from Jesus: “Depart from me, you cursed worker of iniquity ... I never knew you.”

Benny Hinn is in for a rude awakening on Judgement Day.
 Loukus
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/19/2005 7:10:30 PM
Benny Hinn is a fraud and a piss-poor representation of Christianity.

There are far worse. At least hinn is at least keeping up a pretense of following the new testement, which is more than I can say for the majority of the Church.
 RDtoo
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2005 10:58:56 PM
You have a point there. Don't even get me started on the "user friendly" Churches...
 steve93437
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/20/2005 5:36:34 PM
Doh! Thought this was a thread about Benny Hill.. My bad
 RDtoo
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2005 6:25:32 PM
When you haven't got a clue on how to participate in a conversation, crack a joke, it will cover up your ignorance.
 steve93437
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/20/2005 6:50:34 PM
Why call me ignorant...? Because of a little humorous remark at the topic? I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to impress these people with your self-perceived intellectualism, and keep your "non-christain" insults to yourself.
 RDtoo
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2005 7:01:31 PM
You seemed like a witty guy so I didn't think you would be offended at a little ribbing back at you. If you were offended, I sincerely apologise.

As to my "self-perceived intellectualism", it isn't there. I am far from being an intellectual and I am not trying to impress anyone. If you haven't noticed, being a Christian isn't the popular thing to be here. I don't mind and I welcome honest arguments about the Bible, God or whatever. For those who just come here to have fun at Christians expense, I am going to have fun right back at them.
 steve93437
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/20/2005 7:50:05 PM
Apology accepted... Not like me to be defensive, but I have monitored these forums for a few weeks now and hold most of the regular posters in somewhat high regard, you included. I suppose that's why it hit a bit deeper than it normally would. I'll leave you to your discussion. Enjoy.
 Itz_Time
Msg: 85
Why are the Benny Hinns of the world promoted?
Posted: 2/20/2005 7:59:21 PM
how can you spead anything in this world without money? money makes the world go round.
 Loukus
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/20/2005 7:59:49 PM
Carrots.
 Itz_Time
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/20/2005 8:03:44 PM
thats one thing i agree with here. what is user frindly or seeker senitive anyway. What happened to being God friendly.
 Loukus
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/20/2005 8:06:26 PM
I think we can all agree on carrots.
 Itz_Time
Msg: 89
Posted: 2/20/2005 8:08:06 PM
mmmmm carrots
 RDtoo
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2005 8:50:13 PM
Steve, I appreciate the kind words, and I do feel bad about my crack that I made. I have been here for a few weeks myself and get a little bit defensive myself. I don't like seeing people being bullied, and I guess I am used to seeing remarks as attacks. Like I said earlier, I welcome honest arguments and well thought out reasonings which many here have. It is the bullying I do not like.

P.S.--I prefer Benny Hill to Benny Hinn also. (Benny Hill exit music plays)
 steve93437
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/20/2005 9:47:34 PM
I know.. and believe me when I say I defend you guys sometimes. I wrote this a couple days ago, although I don't think anyone read it.

fud25- I just read your post#398. I completely agree with you in every aspect, and felt those words to match own thoughts on this matter. You hit the nail on the proverbial head when you mentioned ego. It's what drives those self-perpetuating, self-serving pompous incompetents who have no stand point, yet seek to tear down the stand point of others. Because of this unconventional warfare, it leaves those bound to religious beliefs to always be on the defensive. Reminds me of kids playing war... if both sides had a fort to defend, and each had a fort to attack, the battleground is level and competitive. Although in these threads, the Agnostics, and Atheist have no such forts. They roam around at will, attacking from all angles and with no rules to heed.

These are intellectualy narcissistic people seeking self-glorification. Their weapons are faulty logic, the historical acts of bad Christians, and tons of defamatory misquotes/misinterpretations taken from web; which can be found in abundance. There's no wonder Christians are reluctant to make a stand. I love good debate, but each side must create arguments comprised of substance, and validity.

----------------------------------------------------------

How come the people that claim no faith.
Posted: 2/19/2005 3:23:11 PM

I would also like to point out an observation. If you want an example of a good debate, check out the various posts authored by loukus and elvin chile. They don't regurgitate the most common of opinions. They offer their own perspective, which is refreshingly unique.

Debate should not be about throwing passages from the bible at people, because remember one thing... It's a book translated many times over. It was written by people who are falable. It isn't a complete reference to the past because church's and king's decided what went in.

Although it's doubtful we will ever prove or disprove the existance of God in these threads. The real question is why do we want to try? If believing in a supreme being makes you elated or a better person, then why would I want to take that away from you.

Lastly, what amazes me most is that people regurgitate opinions as fact. We all learn from our past, right and wrong. The only one who [would] know the truth is God, the rest of us only have opinions based on our perspectives. For the human race "truth" changes every second.
 jerryc79
Msg: 92
Posted: 2/21/2005 6:50:58 AM
Here's a suggestion:

Read Romans 10:10-14.
 jerryc79
Msg: 93
Posted: 2/21/2005 6:51:24 AM
It made me think a lot last night.
 JessKO
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2005 10:02:24 AM
Not sure why you picked those verses.

Romans 10:
10:1 Brothers and sisters,1 my heart’s desire and prayer to God on behalf of my fellow Israelites2 is for their salvation. 10:2 For I can testify that they are zealous for God,3 but their zeal is not in line with the truth.4 10:3 For ignoring the righteousness that comes from God, and seeking instead to establish their own righteousness, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law, with the result that there is righteousness for everyone who believes.

10:5 For Moses writes about the righteousness that is by the law: “The one who does these things will live by them.”5 10:6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart,6 ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’”7 (that is, to bring Christ down) 10:7 or “Who will descend into the abyss?”8 (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 10:8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”9 (that is, the word of faith that we preach), 10:9 because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord10 and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10:10 For with the heart one believes and thus has righteousness11 and with the mouth one confesses and thus has salvation.12 10:11 For the scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.”13 10:12 For there is no distinction between the Jew and the Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all, who richly blesses all who call on him. 10:13 For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.14

10:14 How are they to call on one they have not believed in? And how are they to believe in one they have not heard of? And how are they to hear without someone preaching to them15? 10:15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How timely16 is the arrival17 of those who proclaim the good news.”18 10:16 But not all have obeyed the good news, for Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”19 10:17 Consequently faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the preached word20 of Christ.21

10:18 But I ask, have they22 not heard?23 Yes, they have:24 Their voice has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world.25 10:19 But again I ask, didn’t Israel understand?26 First Moses says, “I will make you jealous by those who are not a nation; with a senseless nation I will provoke you to anger.”27 10:20 And Isaiah is even bold enough to say, “I was found by those who did not seek me; I became well known to those who did not ask for me.”28 10:21 But about Israel he says, “All day long I held out my hands to this disobedient and stubborn people!”29
 jerryc79
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/21/2005 11:10:52 AM
"10:14 How are they to call on one they have not believed in? And how are they to believe in one they have not heard of? And how are they to hear without someone preaching to them"

Realizing later on Paul writes "Do not judge YOUR brother..." I cannot therefore keep arguing the point of whether Benny Hinn is a fraud or not. We all will be judged based on OUR OWN account. ("10:6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart,6 ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’”7 (that is, to bring Christ down) 10:7 or “Who will descend into the abyss?”8 (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead)).
It just seems odd that the news stories and commentaries were based on what Benny Hinn said 12 years ago. People's theories and beliefs change in that time period. It seems as though some people are out seeking "heretics" simply because they want to get someone else angry, whether the man/woman of God is a heretic or not. (10:3 For ignoring the righteousness that comes from God, and seeking instead to establish their own righteousness, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. )
We should not get into petty arguments and keep moving forward. People are dying out there just to hear the word of God. (
10:14 How are they to call on one they have not believed in? And how are they to believe in one they have not heard of? And how are they to hear without someone preaching to them15? 10:15 And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How timely16 is the arrival17 of those who proclaim the good news.”18 10:16 But not all have obeyed the good news, for Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?”19 10:17 Consequently faith comes from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the preached word of Christ.) [One translation states "faith comes by hearing, and hearing, by the Word of God].
 RDtoo
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2005 8:12:35 PM
Danceinpants, glad to see you posting again.
 jerryc79
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/22/2005 4:28:14 AM
"I pray we all can see the truth and do the right thing and preach with a loving and compassionate heart."

I receive that in the name of Jesus
 roni43
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/6/2005 11:32:23 AM
My thoughts on Benny Hinn. After my mom died in 97 my dad is now a Benny Hinn fanatic. My brother too. My dad isn't some poor widow sitting at home.....he is very intelligent and successful. He actually hangs out with a Wal-mart exectives family member who has a jet and flies them to the Benny Hinn crusades on the private jet. Benny Hinn curses those who try to discredit him like he is Elijah or something. Jesus said to bless those who curse you. Have you seen him get really scary and start growling? He doesn't remember when he does this.......that is freaky to me. Scares the hell out of his kids. He admitted his kids are afraid of him when he is under "the annointing". I wouldn't want to be up there when he is screaming fire and knocks you down......would you? I think I would probably knock the crap out of him. I really would like to see if I got up on stage if he could blow me over. People have tried to push me over a few times in church. LOL. Yeah there is something going on there......I think it's creepy. Tried to talk to my dad and said what I thought. He's a wonderful guy but I think these people are looking for miracles. They want to see God do something amazing. I believe in miracles but all I see is a guy hypnotizing people with the "spiritual music and atmosphere". Dad said he sees people being healed but then says sometimes he sees them later and they are worse. It was hard for me to tell my dad what I thought because I have alot of respect for him. But I feel better that I did.

Roni
 SweetSpirit
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/6/2005 12:10:27 PM
I'm not going to get in on the debate of whether he is real or not,
but note that he has been writing books. He can purchase whatever he wants with the money he makes doing that. The money taken in at the conferences is for other purposes. Other than a salary, I'm sure it doesn't just go in his pocket.
 roni43
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/6/2005 12:26:51 PM
I seriously don't care how much money he makes. That is not an issue with me.

Roni
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Why are the Benny Hinns of the world promoted?