Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Why are the Benny Hinns of the world promoted?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 slickshooter
Msg: 101
Why are the Benny Hinns of the world promoted?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
" AMEN Jerry, I agree with that, we all should do our best to minister and preach the Gospel to the masses as opposed to pointing fingers and acting self-righteously. I pray we all can see the truth and do the right thing and preach with a loving and compassionate heart. "

Why do people feel they need to "do our best to minister and preach the Gospel to the masses....."
If i wanted to learn about religion I'd come here and ask about it, read a book or talk to my parents.I don't need some person on a street corner yelling and screaming about his religion and telling me I'll burn in "hell" if I don't do as he says.
If I were to be into religion I certainly wouldn't be going to church to pray.In my opinion it should be a personal thing between you and whoever your "god" is.Is "organized religion" any different than a cult?
If you want to believe this Benny Hinns gentleman is in it for the love of the people and healing and not the money I have some land to sell you.
 RDtoo
Msg: 102
view profile
History
I am a partner of Benny Hinns Ministry
Posted: 3/6/2005 5:00:54 PM
Roni, thanks for sharing that with us. It reminded me of the time old Benny said that he wished that he had a "Holy Spirit" machine gun to gun down his critics. Sheesh. What a hothead.

I have said this before and I will say it again, I really believe that God can heal, but if He has given someone a gift for healing then they are abusing it by setting up meetings in auditoriums. If I had the gift of healing, I would go and heal the suffering in cancer wards and childrens hospitals.
 rainonme
Msg: 103
I am a(NOT A) partner of Benny Hinns Ministry
Posted: 5/7/2006 2:17:10 PM
why isnt benny hinn in children s hospitals and cancer wards? i try not to be judgmental cause i am a Christian myself, but the bible does say that you can tell them by their fruits they bear. someone doing Gods will and seeking healing in Jesus name with their phonenumber at the bottom of the screen and making public appearances ? well thats just not good fruit as far as i can see. its publicity for a financial gain is all i can see.
 mallakka
Msg: 104
Why are the Benny Hinns of the world promoted?
Posted: 5/8/2006 2:19:12 PM
Benny Hinn is very media savvy -- SLICK TV MAN
People seem to be starving for the cure or fix to life
and as always the questions of what is to come.

The crusades of Benny Hinn are unlike many others
especially when compared to the likes of Billy Graham.

Hinn had written and spoke very often that as a 20 year old in
December 1973 he traveled by charter bus from
Toronto to Pittsburgh to attend a "miracle service" being
conducted by evangelist Kathryn Kuhlman.
While he never personally met Kuhlman, he often attended her "healing" services
and cited Kuhlman as an influence in many interviews.
He would also speak of times just over the border in Buffalo NY.

Ten years later, Hinn founded the Orlando Christian Center
in Central Florida.
I had seen him preach there and other venues at that time.
He had been involved in a huge contrversy with regards to
his writings and theological views. Benny recanted much of this.
Benny the preacher was SO different from Benny the Crusader.
During its heyday the church averaged over 10,000 in attendance.
In 1999, Hinn sold the church (by the time renamed World Outreach Center)
to Clint Brown and moved to Grapevine, Texas, a suburb of Dallas.
However, he maintained the legal entity
"World Outreach Center Church Benny Hinn Ministries"
which has been the subject of recent controversy

I have seen a number of documentary type of investigative reports
on Benny and his current activities, Overall I would agree that his
practices are suspect and may in fact be illegal. Do they serve GOD?

Many who are healed during his Crusades seem to have been pre screened
Or hand picked which opens many a door for questions. Do I think that some have been healed or saved in spite of HIS greed .The short answer is YES!
 Hezron
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/9/2006 4:38:23 AM
It is the same as in the world of politics and economics. It is much easier to be negative and destructive. Doing good work is hard...financial reward always comes easiest to those who are willing to make it the only cause for concern in their lives. This is why human society is no longer evolving in any kind of productive manner. This is why Corporations now set the agenda and people flock to serve them...why...well that is where the money is...much more profit in dishonesty and greed. I may have to live in the forest.
 Poet102781
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/9/2006 3:03:24 PM
Its because he gives the illusion of hope...he touches your head and BAM....I got jesus running all through me all through me.

There is so much pain and suffering today....people are just looking for a glimmer of hope.
 .liv2222.
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/9/2006 6:18:27 PM
I certainly haven't read all 5 pages of this thread, but I wanted to comment...

YES, I think Benny Hinn is a complete fraud.

Do I believe healing another is possible? Of course; I'm a Reiki practitioner and have seen the results of laying my hands upon another with the intent to heal. You certainly don't "hit" them as Benny Hinn, etc. does; you lay them on or above the person and can stay focused on one area for several minutes if necessary. You can even direct the energy to someone faaaar away and have the same results.

I've helped to heal my son's father of his migraines many times. Whenever he feels a migrane starting, he texts me and I send him what we call a "Reiki ball". I focus the Reiki from my hands and form it into a ball, direct it his way (he lives overseas), and "throw it." Within 10 minutes, he calls me back to let me know he's fine. Works every time.

Reiki is fantastic; we've all got it flowing through us at all moments, but having an attunement will awaken it and allow it to flow and benefit ourselves and others. No one is a "better healer" than another -- it's not US doing the healing; it's the Reiki itself, which is the Universal Energy (basically, it's from God; it's the essence of life). We're just the "funnel" for it.

Benny Hinn rubs me the wrong way; that man is out for HIMSELF.
 Poet102781
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/10/2006 7:00:02 AM
The next time he rubs you the wrong way call the cops!!!! He touched by butt once...I allmost broke his jesus hands....

Sorry Im just in a lighthearted mood today, I took some st. johns wort.
 Simon Belmont
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/18/2006 7:35:56 AM
If there is any sort of justice in the afterlife, Benny Hinn will get his in spades. He is diabolical, canniving, scheming, and cold blooded. The perfect model of a successful business person since he has what only a small handful of us have: bold charisma. The last person I knew that held on to his position with that kind of charisma in lieu of anything else substantive was fmr. President Ronald Reagan.
 LovingAngel
Msg: 110
Posted: 6/28/2006 7:02:44 AM
My belief is that anybody that believes in Benny Hinn can't be a Christian.He is the biggest dogma I've ever seen.
 LovingAngel
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/28/2006 7:05:37 AM
Anybody that falls down on the floor and thrashes around is either in need of Zoloft or they're puting on a good show.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Why are the Benny Hinns of the world promoted?