Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 101
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
make up is merely supposed to enhance your features...

like wearing a shirt or dress that is a little tighter- to accentuate your figure.

its not supposed to be war paint.

for most women- its war paint.

such a turnoff to me.
 phillo123
Msg: 102
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 11/6/2010 2:45:23 PM
The natural look is far better, especially as you get older, if your skin is decent, keep the make up down. Masses of make up on an older woman just looks unattractive in my view....

loula lou lou
Msg: 103
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 11/7/2010 9:59:21 AM
i dissagree with most that say the natural look is good .. if you saw my face bare you wouldnt be saying that
 aliveandwell314
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/7/2010 5:56:00 PM
Some makeup to help out of course is good......but there is a limit where its way too much ,and you have to think less is more.Its up there with guys with bad toupees or hairtransplants that came from a barbie doll
 Denali1
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2010 9:02:48 PM
I judge it as a time thing. If takes 5 to 10 minutes to get the job done that's OK. I can live with that. If it's more than that it's too much. Now, if a caulking gun, towel, and a power painter are needed, well, that's just over the top.
 1eastshore
Msg: 106
Posted: 11/7/2010 10:56:54 PM
A little bit of make up is okay. But not too much of it.
 BentonHarbor
Msg: 107
Posted: 11/8/2010 5:04:53 AM

i dissagree with most that say the natural look is good .. if you saw my face bare you wouldnt be saying that

I'm sure this was said mostly in fun but what does someone who uses too much make up think happens when they're with someone and they finally have to reveal their unadorned self? While make up can certainly enhance appearance when do women think it crosses the line into being deceptive or at least not even close to their "natural" looks?

To me nothing more disappointing to see someone so heavily made up you just have to wonder what they're hiding??
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/8/2010 6:51:07 AM
I wear lipstick and a little blush
on a rare occasion I'll wear the mask
I look much younger already
and I am not a cougar
so this attention I dont enjoy
in my opinion thats what it is

peace out peeps
 likemyrock
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/8/2010 10:04:14 AM
For me it depends on the situation.
Meeting for the first time, general dating, going bowling, thanksgiving dinner, going swimming...well, really, I don't care. I usually don't notice it. Unless it's painted on, then it's mostly a distraction like "I wonder why she's wearing so much makeup? I wonder if that clogs the pores? I wonder what happens if she sweats?"

Or if it's keeping me from something and like "jhc, she said she had to put on her lipstick but she's been gone for 40 minutes and the show starts in 5" then I will look at her makeup to see what it takes nearly an hour to do.

But if it's time for sex I love painted ladies. Tons of eyeshadow and lipstick. Whore it up. Then it's like lingerie.
Or if they don't wear it, that's great too.
It's like pizza. Extra cheese and all the toppings is good, but plain old pepperoni is just as good.

So

Sometimes too much make-up if not put on the right way makes an older woman look bad, or a younger woman look cheap. what is the right thing

I couldn't care less unless I am dating her.
But even then, it doesn't really affect my behavior or judgment.
So the right thing is whatever they feel they want to do, it doesn't reflect on me whatsoever. Unless they use lots of silvery stuff and glitter, then it reflects on me literally, but that's about it.

I can't believe I answered this thread.
 KSCFish33
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2010 11:26:19 AM
When I date a woman, I'd like to see her on day 1 the same way she would look 3 months later. If it's in sweats with no makeup, or dressed like she was going to a ball, it's always better to see someone as they are.

It's a serious issue if you fall for someone and 6 months later, they end up being someone totally different (in any respect).
 BEANEE01
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/10/2010 11:53:56 AM
I'm finding most guys like natural, unless it comes to the bedroom - then they really want lots of eye make up so it runs...
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/10/2010 1:11:24 PM
The skin, or canvas, so to speak must be looked after. Make-up can only look good on well kept skin.

I wear little make-up and only when I do go out. Just enough to enhance my eyes, lips and high cheekbones.

I am bless with good skin.
 Just_Jay79
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/10/2010 1:37:51 PM
As little as possible please, I prefer Au Naturel whenever it's available.

My current girlfriend usually doesn't wear any, except if we go out on the town, and then it's only eye-liner/shadow and/or lip gloss (I don't count nail painting as there's no deception there as to her features).

She likes how it makes her look; I personally don't mind either way, so long as she fits her clothes well (and looks good naked ).
 newwrldordr
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/10/2010 8:35:42 PM
Nautual or slight hints of color.... fresh looks more appealing.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/12/2010 10:36:15 AM
Since I hate reality with a fierce passion I say bring on the makeup! I adore pretending. Trust me I've seen some (very small number of) women without any face adorations and I almost for a second wanted to interact with her human to human without sex being on my mind simultaneously. It was truly a terrifying and bizarre experience and I'm reliving that pain just by recollecting it. I need women to sexualize themselves through dress and makeup because that's really the only thing I would ever find interesting about them and would not engage them otherwise.
 1234deleted1234
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/13/2010 2:53:39 AM
I remember the T-shirt that looked like the dropcloth from a Gallagher show... it read: "I ran into Tammy Faye at the mall!"

Yeah, the natural look...no matter how much make-up that takes!
 SouthBayNative
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/13/2010 7:28:05 AM
Except that over 45 you lose your eyelashes but not your mustache. Why is that? Life is so unfair.
 cenomeno
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/15/2010 7:28:00 AM
some men like fake things.....

fake life, fake friends, fake women..... lotsa make up and big silicon melons....

good thing I am not one of those men.

How sad and pathetic it is that you know you're ugly and trying to cover it with bunch of face coloring...
 loula lou lou
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/16/2010 9:52:14 AM
LOL yes cenomeno i admit im " ugly" without the old slap LOL
 Hands of gold
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2010 9:57:35 AM
When the make up is thick, I find it a turn off. When women look done up all the time, from going to work, going to the store or walking the dog, I find it a turn off. It says to me that you are not comfortable in your own skin, no matter how it looks.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love it when a women is all done up for a special occasion with a pretty dress and done up hair and makeup. But when they have to face everyday like they are going to a wedding or to a grand ball, then it is too much.

However, subtle eyeliner, mascara or eye shadow is not over done on a daily basis and to me is acceptable. But for my woman, I love the confidence of leaving the house with no makeup, and carrying herself with the same composure as being done up.

Loula, I think you are pretty and your skin looks nice in your pictures. You are too hard on yourself.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/20/2010 10:59:37 AM
Did anyone else see the Chris Rock bit on women and make up/dress etc? He makes an excellent point that I'm sure many women will gloss over and ignore. Oh well.....
 sexyisback!
Msg: 122
Posted: 11/20/2010 12:39:27 PM
it depends on the woman

a truly beautiful one doesn't need a lot of makeup and looks awesome without it

but some really do need the help, I've seen women I thought were beautiful all dolled up, without it, totally different, like their ugly sister lol
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/20/2010 1:02:18 PM
I've never cared for tons of make-up. Less is always best IMO.

Anything over done is not appealing, time-consuming and expensive (depending on what brand(s) you use). I'd rather spend more time/money on keeping my skin healthy.

Natural is good if in the gym, participating in a sports or the beach/pool. More when going out for the evening and you have to knock down a few notches when you are applying for day time.

I think the mistake that many do is not picking the right colors for the color of their complexion, and that is when they look like clowns/overdone.
 sweetness-one
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2010 2:41:47 PM
Make-up is supposed to enhance, not detract. So I guess I'd say anything that detracts rather than enhances would be "too much". As Sabrosura said as well, make-up should also be appropriate for the occasion and time of day. It's supposed to blend, not stand out like warpaint after all, and ideally one isn't supposed to be able to tell that the wearer is wearing it in the first place. A bit more colour on the lips and perhaps eyes for evening events, but overall the effect is supposed to appear close to natural, with colour tones that are appropriate for the individual.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2010 3:03:30 PM
Every time I hear something about makeup, I think of the time 20 yrs. ago that Tammy Faye Baker walked in my jewelry store. She scared the sh*t out of me.....looked like two tarantulas and a big strawberry sitting on a cream pie.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????