Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What men should never wear on a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cplmar58
Msg: 26
What men should never wear on a datePage 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
OK now you have gone too far. As a lady from the south a Cowboy Hat and Boots are the norm for alot of men. I say bring it on cause I'll have my boots and hat on
You tell em 7times
 cloudwatcher
Msg: 27
What men should never wear on a date
Posted: 12/16/2005 11:56:55 AM
eww!!!
well now im just so upset i could crush a rose...
WITH MY BARE TEETH!!!

well..until its published somewhere accessable for everyone to see i'll just keep on doing what i do best...
pisssin off the narrowminded.

((to join our little club you have to go down that backalley, make a right...then two lefts...knock on the purple door twice...wait, then knock again five times. You'll hear someone knock 3 times and then you knock twice again. They'll open a little peep-hole and ask you for the password and its

"I'm insecure !!!" )

why am i typing this?...EVERYBODY knows!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

bowtie?
perhaps its the colour that matters most?

better yet just show up painted your favorite colour of emotion:
Yellow= a bit shy
Green= envious
Red= either rage or passion...
Black with a peice of fruit wrapped around your willy=i'm fukkin' dis'pear
 Green_eyes1981
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:00:05 PM
lol honestly now...you people are hilarious.

who cares what one wear. As long as they're clean and at least not wearing ripped clothes then anything is fine by me...plus girls, men usually need direction in this criteria so why not help one that needs to be helped. But personal stuff that is meaningful to them, is their perosnal business so you can't really judge that...
i'm just saying, never judge a book by its cover cause it might just be the best book you'll ever read.
 yep211
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:00:23 PM
i think the biggest thing is, try to dress rather in your style. and if the woman doesn't like it?
deal.
 squirrly
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:03:16 PM
Nothin' wrong with a nice pair of jeans, clean white T and maybe a jacket if its cold and wear the cowboy boots! Better than some ratty tennis shoes. Just make sure you trimmed your ear and nose hair and smell good. LOL

oh I forgot....things not to wear:
leather pants
shirts unbuttoned too far down
too many gold chains
too much hair gel
 Sierrasman
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:04:40 PM
Excuse me, I have to go trim my ear and nose hair, and put on some cologne! And then put on my Hawaiian shirt.
 sockmonkey82
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:06:55 PM
What's wrong with a 3 piece suit? If I met someone out for dinner after he got out of work and he didn't have time to change and he was a banker or something like that, I wouldn't run off. Tighty whities are a dealbreaker, as are coveralls. But 3 piece suit, that can be sexy
 noheadgames
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:10:40 PM
This is too funny...I actually had a date show up at my door in.....are you ready for this?... a green plaid shirt, blue plaid pajama pants, baseball hat, and brown cowboy boots and a pair of Levi's in hand to prove he actually owned a pair (his words) when i asked why he wasn't wearing them he simply said "cause their wet"...OMG i took too steps back, laughed and walked away. And what kills me is he was serious.
 squirrly
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:11:38 PM
oh I don't know about the tightie whities....it worked for Tom Cruise with his shirt and socks on and dancing in "risky business".

I think it's the 3rd piece of the suit (the vest) which really screams of the 70's thats the problem.
 yep211
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:13:48 PM
i think you women are just way too picky.
back in the day we used to club you over the head and drag your asses back to the cave. we didn't hear any complaints about plaid back then did we?

:D
 angelic_1
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:14:17 PM
ok, i'm not into the country look but 7times actually looks GOOD in his hat and black suit / bolo tie so he can wear them but most men just can't ewewew...its like turtlenecks or white sport jackets ...only a blessed few can pull it off...
 angelic_1
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:16:43 PM
and we're picky??? have you not seen the list of things we aren't supposed to wear??
 yep211
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:23:23 PM
**and we're picky??? have you not seen the list of things we aren't supposed to wear??**

yes. it's very simple. put on this burka :P
 angelic_1
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:44:27 PM
so you in your speedo and i in my burka?
 yep211
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2005 12:47:46 PM
that could be interesting.
do i get to wear a pinky ring?
 angelic_1
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/16/2005 1:46:50 PM
only if its big and exceptionally gaudy
 yep211
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2005 1:56:06 PM
guarenteed.

it will make any number of characters in the sopranos jealous.
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2005 4:28:28 PM
cloud...with the wedding ring on your right hand a woman might think you are married and just switch the ring over so you could get some on the side.

7times...dont worry about the hat. Not sure exactly where you are but I have a feeling you are in a part of the country where a cowboy hat belongs. I think in the listing they mean dont be wearing one on a date in new york city or someplace that its out of place.
 dbndon
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2005 5:06:46 PM
Let’s see here . . .

cowboy shirts -- yep, sometimes.
large buckle -- sometimes, but not so often anymore.
Cutoffs -- yeah, when it gets hot here.
White tube sox -- well, white athletic sox with running shoes.
Tinted glasses -- damn right! Otherwise, you would not want me driving anywhere near you.
3-piece suit -- depends on the occasion. I have two that are seldom used.

Nothing else on the list ever applies to me. Usually, I dress in what I call “campus casual.” That is, jeans (often black) and a dress shirt covered by a dark blond corduroy sport coat that is tailored to my specific needs.

If someone doesn’t like it, I have a simple answer: Oh well. Bye bye.
 dceeeee
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/16/2005 5:48:24 PM
Some people are too picky...I think they want to be POF lifers!! Not me, I want this to be a very temporary thing...I got better things to do with my life.

Who cares what they wear as long as they are clean, and don't look ridiculously silly? What's wrong with cowboy hats, shirts, boots, pinky rings, suits, cut offs, wife beater shirts, etc, etc??? And in my opinion, there is no such thing as a shirt unbuttoned too far, buttoned is equally okay, if they don't want me to peek...*darn*.

I wouldn't know if they were wearing tightie whities until I was already to the point where it didn't matter anyway.

I DO agree with the speedos, though...and I also saw the terminator with those on, and agree that it wasn't flattering, but who would wear those on a first date anyway? (Just make sure the first date doesn't involve water activities and you won't need to worry about it.)
 hot-tea
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/16/2005 8:38:07 PM
Add flip-flops to the list. Nothing like hearing them smacking when he walks!
 cloudwatcher
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/16/2005 9:23:30 PM
cloud...with the wedding ring on your right hand a woman might think you are married and just switch the ring over so you could get some on the side.

i suppose...but then again if this is the 'issue' to her checking me out she will also see that there is no mark or shadow on the left hand.
re:the big 'guady' pinky ring...mine is just a thin gold band.
(i had just never even thought about it until i noticed it in 'The List')
 parallax
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2005 10:56:35 PM
I love the OP list!!

I will be so 'in' when I show up wearing my orange leather leisure suit with matching pants, white shiny shoes, and an old leftover blue 'poofy' shirt from the rental suit close-out rack! Can't forget to wear my aviator glasses and plaid golfing hat.
On second thought, swap the shoes for moon boots...
 Pgooperman
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2005 11:56:40 PM
Cplmar, did you notice I did not include on the list cowboy boots?

Cloud, bowties are fine, especially when worn with tuxes and a cumberbun... mmmm... sexy... and a thin gold band MIGHT be acceptable on your pinky. Lemme grope your bum, and I'll tell you if it's okay in your case.

Greeneyes:
plus girls, men usually need direction in this criteria so why not help one that needs to be helped
That's exactly what I'm doing.

Squirrly, I commend you on your insightful additions to the list. Just one comment: It's no longer called "hair gel." Now days, it's referred to as "product." ;-)

Telegram to SockMonkey: Three-piece suits are so passe.

Nohead, did he pee himself? And why did he have his jammies on?

Yep:
back in the day we used to club you over the head and drag your asses back to the cave. we didn't hear any complaints about plaid back then did we?
No you didn't. You heard complaints about your polka-dotted leopard skin loincloth!

Dbndon: Why does your list of acceptable attire not surprise me?

Dceeeee:
Who cares what they wear as long as they are clean, and don't look ridiculously silly? What's wrong with cowboy hats, shirts, boots, pinky rings, suits, cut offs, wife beater shirts, etc, etc??? And in my opinion, there is no such thing as a shirt unbuttoned too far
Because they look ridiculoussly silly in those things.

Hot Tea: Flip-flops can be rolled into the shower sandals, but really, flip flops are okay if you meet in a beachy setting and walk the beach, which I have done on meet and greets (Yes, some of us really have walked & talked on the beach!)

Parallax, thank you for the compliment on my original list. I also commend you on adding aviator glasses, moon boots and those ridiculous plaid golf berets with the pompom atop to the list. I personally must also add those hidious traditional golf knickers to the Never Ever Wear List, but really who would wear moon boots, a golf beret or golf knickers on a date, unless, of course, you were possibly meeting at the links?

That's all for now folks. Talk amongst yourselves.

Petunia G.
 Enthuser
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/17/2005 12:51:10 AM
i think wearing a fluffy neon green pimp hat, tank top with a really big smily face, some of the glasses with the built in moustache, cut-off shorts with lots of holes and sponge-bob boxers showing through, with doc martin boots, is definitely the only way to truly make a lasting first impression, course you need to have a couple of the big rum-runners with you and be at the beach, might not go over that well at starbuck's but then again, sometimes you just gotta say wtf life is short enjoy
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What men should never wear on a date