Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rhett1
Msg: 51
HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Well, she's tenacious...I guess it's because she's a prosecutor, but she always seems to have decided someone's guilt or innocence right off the bat. As for Melinda Duckett...well, she had left out a LOT of details of her son's last hours at home, she left out a few details about her handling of evidence...she needed to be asked these questions.

I really hate it though, when Nancy Grace asks someone a question and, before they've even begun to say anything, she's yelling at them and interrupting, never letting them finish...very annoying!
 Keljo
Msg: 52
HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?
Posted: 1/14/2007 11:31:51 AM
I can't watch her. I start to feel aggitated with her interview 'style'. She never lets anyone finish their answer, she over talks people and starts yelling.....I can't watch her. My blood pressure won't allow for it.

I love the Gracie Jane character on Boston Legal (TV Series) that makes fun of her interview style.....they have her dead on.
 ~jj~
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/14/2007 3:18:52 PM
sensationalist is the first word that comes to mind. i don't see much logic, just a pit bull. perhaps her aggressive style appeals to some but not to me. but then, i've never had to survive in the court rooms she has and i likely couldn't!

yes, her style is likely the result of the experiences of her life ... same for all of us. her style though? doesn't sit right with me and never feels like 'hard news', just sensationalist and oozing with unnecessary drama.
 Crane Man
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/14/2007 6:35:55 PM
All she cares about is her image, publicity and making a buck. She would say anything to get a headline in my opinion and I will not watch her.
 Love_on_fire
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/15/2007 4:47:56 PM
She is a perfect example how a negative (or seemingly negative) personality and hot head attitude can be a turn off even with her cuteness and sexy look.

So see folks it's NOT all about looks, a poor personality can put a big blemish on someones attractiveness.
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:40:06 PM
I think Nancy Grace is a self-righteous twit.
 sassymiss
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:32:10 PM
ahhhh! and here I thought all this time she was a saint. Saint Grace!

What kind of grade will I get for this "book report"?? LOL
B
 sipp1115
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:48:52 PM
You wouldn't be asking that if you had read more of the posts on these forums from some of the women around here.

Cause I think that nancy lady may be secretly among us...
 rory27
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 10:14:02 PM
I can't comment on her lawyerly methods, but when her nostrils flare, I get a woody.
 quebra
Msg: 60
Posted: 1/25/2007 10:51:51 PM
i can barely watch her show. she treats everyone like they are criminals.
 homeboy_66
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2007 3:50:36 PM
To: jimtex

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

"Disgrace".....love that one!!

I gotta say though by looking at her the last thing you would see in her face is "GRACE".....
 theirishpoet
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2007 8:51:09 PM
whatever have to innocent untill proven guilty? grace comes on and she is judge , jury and excutioner even before a case goes to trail!
 bobby7
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/26/2007 9:20:16 PM
"HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?"

I'm searching for the right word to describe how I feel about Nancy..

At the moment, I can only think of two..Lunatic, and bizarre!
 guitarman100
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/26/2007 9:24:13 PM
I would hate to be married to her
 MsWizard
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/26/2007 9:38:47 PM

She's a FOX "news reporter", right? If so, 'nuff said.

She's fairly biased but as thats primarily due to the fact that her fiancee was murdered, I can understand. Outside of that, she generally knows her s**t and is pretty good at laying out the facts....just my opinion......
 NotTheAverageChick
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2007 2:44:32 AM
Apoplectic is the best word to describe her. Everytime I channelsurf by and catch her, she immediately puts me on edge - and that accent doesn't help! There's absolutely no subtlety to her interview or on-camera style. And even her empathy seems to be a suggestion reminded to her by headphone by a producer after she's come across like a bulldog. While we all want serious questions asked about serious topics, and we don't want the interviewee to get away with non-answers, I don't want to see victims broken down on national television and made to confront their worst fears before they have to.
 SOBEIT19
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2007 3:03:26 AM
I had respect for her until she starting questioning the young woman who's son disappeared this past summer. She is a victims advocate due to her past as a crime victim. What she did was wrong, this young woman committed suicide after speaking on air with Ms. Grace. The child has still not been found.

I think she takes it too far, she has forgotten the words "Innocent until proven guilty" She's snide, and quick to point fingers. I don't think she belongs on air questioning people as if she were in a court room. I wouldn't be sorry to see her go. If she were surfing thru this web site and reading our posts, I would be giving her some sign language.. Nancy.. I'm holding up my left hand, now start counting the fingers I'm showing you.. there's only one.. It's just for you
 theirishpoet
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2007 7:44:24 AM
mswiz: but she has no right to find anyone guilty before their case goes to court!
 Sombient
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/27/2007 7:52:38 AM
*rolling eyes*

She is an attorney who turned to a lucrative career hosting a TV show.

Is the defending anybody? Is she prosecuting anyone?

Nope, she a TV celebrity!

Oohh haaa! "Look Ma! She's on TV!! She must be really clever!!"
 MsWizard
Msg: 70
Posted: 1/27/2007 8:05:10 AM

mswiz: but she has no right to find anyone guilty before their case goes to court!

Well, Im not saying she does....but if you look at her objectively, you can tell she's clearly pissed off at the criminal society in general, and she DOES have the "facts of the case" always....I've actually seen her many many times apologizing and admitting she's wrong about the outcome of cases. Do I like her style? Not particularly, but then again, if she was a defender, and I was being tried for a crime, I'd sure want her as MY attorney...
 theirishpoet
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2007 8:07:36 AM
she as nt defended anyone acused, she has prosecuted anyone accused! shes places the cuilt label on each of the accused she reports, before they go to court, endagering the right to a fairness on the jury
 MsWizard
Msg: 72
Posted: 1/27/2007 8:13:23 AM
[quite]she as nt defended anyone acused, she has prosecuted anyone accused! shes places the cuilt label on each of the accused she reports, before they go to court, endagering the right to a fairness on the jury

Well I'm going to agree to disagree on this one. I'm pretty familiar with criminal law, and she doesn't an attitude that's really any different from any other prosecutor, she is simply televised so hers is far more visible. And the truth is, she's generally correct in her judgements. And when she isn't, she's always been very vocal about it. Again, I dont particularly like her approach, its not the style I would use as a prosecutor, but obviously SOMEONE agrees with her approach, or she wouldn't be in the position she's in correct?
 Sombient
Msg: 73
Posted: 1/27/2007 8:36:34 AM

've actually seen her many many times apologizing and admitting she's wrong about the outcome of cases.

Somebody didn't do their homework if they take on many cases on presumed guilt and the accused are found innocent. Waste of taxpayer money. Waste of court time. If she's apologizing for many errors, shes a hack grandstander.

WTF good is apologizing afterwards? Huh? Try a case if you have firm evidence of guilt.
 MsWizard
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/27/2007 8:44:18 AM

Somebody didn't do their homework if they take on many cases on presumed guilt and the accused are found innocent. Waste of taxpayer money. Waste of court time. If she's apologizing for many errors, shes a hack grandstander.

WTF good is apologizing afterwards? Huh? Try a case if you have firm evidence of guilt

Ok let me say this ONE MORE TIME....I do NOT particularly like her approach...but she DOES know her s**t. And she IS generally correct. Plain and simple. She DOES lay out all the facts on hand. She'd be libel if she didn't. Does she put her own spin on it? yeah of course she does, check out ALL the Court TV reporters, they all do. She happens to be more aggressive and abrasive. So what? If you dont agree with her, call the number they advertise and tell her so. I disagree that she tries the case. She works with the facts on hand. And how many prosecutors screw up and then apologize? MANY. Once again, she just happens to be in the public's face.

Objectivity is a beautiful word.....and that's how I'm trying to see her approach...
 theirishpoet
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2007 8:53:16 AM
according to courtwatch court tv has benn barred more and more from the courts because they block the consitutional right of a fairnees in our courts, nacy grace has also starting to get mounting civil cases for the same reason! cnn hired her to get the ratings
objectivity? she has already found them guilty! before they go to court
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?