Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsWizard
Msg: 76
HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

according to courtwatch court tv has benn barred more and more from the courts because they block the consitutional right of a fairnees in our courts, nacy grace has also starting to get mounting civil cases for the same reason! cnn hired her to get the ratings
objectivity? she has already found them guilty! before they go to court

ALL court tv shows and cameras are starting to walk on thin ice with the Courts. That's part of the fallout from the OJ Trial. Its been getting worse since the Nanny trial. The courts are tired of the circuses and the sensationalism.

As for Nancy Grace finding them guilty? So what? Dont YOU make judgements prior to knowing the outcome? I will say this ONE LAST TIME. I DO NOT particularly like her approach, but she is working off the facts provided to her by the prosecutors, the defenders, and the police. And if anybody is stupid enough to base their OWN opinion on what she says and how she says it, whose fault is that? Hers? I dont think so......
 theirishpoet
Msg: 77
view profile
History
HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?
Posted: 1/27/2007 9:22:01 AM
but if i or you do, it will not deny anyone a fairness in court, would it? we are not in the public eye! i hope you and i would have enough courage to meet our Consitutional respondibilty if we were in the public eye!
 MsWizard
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/27/2007 9:25:38 AM

but if i or you do, it will not deny anyone a fairness in court, would it? we are not in the public eye! i hope you and i would have enough courage to meet our Consitutional respondibilty if we were in the public eye!

You have just made my point for me. TECHNICALLY she DOES meet her "Constitutional Responsibility". She lays out the facts as she's made aware of them. She gives the facts provided to her by all parties involved. That's all she's REQUIRED to do. Her facial expressions and tone of her voice are what make her to appear so judgemental. But basing your opinion of her on those and the impressions she may convey is probably as damning as the very things you are accusing her of. Right?
 MsWizard
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/27/2007 9:25:44 AM
Oh and one more thing...you do realize that people who have read the newspapers, or WATCHED any shows regarding this matter are stricken from jury duty right?
 theirishpoet
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2007 11:34:55 AM
here she has to responsbilities to meet one to cnn and the other to the Consitution,
she meets the first, but igtnors the second
so expecting someone else to meet their Consitutional responsbilities is damn?
 MsWizard
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/27/2007 12:41:14 PM

she meets the first, but igtnors the second
so expecting someone else to meet their Consitutional responsbilities is damn?[/quote}

Hmmmm...out of curiosity alone, can you please explain to me HOW she's failing to meet anybody's constitutional rights? She's not the jury, nor is she the judge. She's simply commenting. That's her role, a legal commentator. She has no power to sway the judge, jury or for that matter, her viewers. People that would be led like sheep into her realm of thinking are simply not using their own judgement, but she's not holding a gun to their heads. So maybe I'm missing something here, but I'd sure love to be enlightened on this matter....
 theirishpoet
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2007 8:19:56 AM
she talks as if the person is guilty , even before that person goes to court! in her poistion people will take her at her word, as many take the news at their word, in doing so she interfers with the fairness of our courts, which is grant by the Consitution! there are many legal commentors who have held to the right of a fairness in a case. and youwith all due respect are deaf and blind, if you do not see that she is the judge and jury as far as she is concerned, very few of her reports have given the defense, maybe a blurr here or there!
 Harry Peter
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/28/2007 8:32:51 AM
She's almost as annoying as me.

She cried when Johnny C-ckroach died. That makes her a Satan spawn. An un interesting one too.

Too strong? No. Too weak.
 MsWizard
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/28/2007 10:34:41 AM

and youwith all due respect are deaf and blind, if you do not see that she is the judge and jury as far as she is concerned, very few of her reports have given the defense, maybe a blurr here or there!

Sorry...gonna have to disagree once again. People dont disagree with her because she's not foolish enough to SAY she believes in someones guilt or not. If people, like the sheep they tend to be, are foolish enough to base THEIR opinions on what her vocal intonation and facial expressions are, who are the idiots? Grace or her watchers? She doesn't owe anybody anything beyond laying out the facts. Objectivity is the word of the day here......
 theirishpoet
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2007 12:01:32 PM
so there sould be a warning given before her show by cnn " be fore warned that if you have been arrested, and your case is seen on this station, you maybe found guilty before your case goes to court because there are idiots who watch this station and ms grace is excused from any Consitutional resposbilities"
 MsWizard
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/28/2007 12:26:44 PM
so there sould be a warning given before her show by cnn " be fore warned that if you have been arrested, and your case is seen on this station, you maybe found guilty before your case goes to court because there are idiots who watch this station and ms grace is excused from any Consitutional resposbilities"

Absolutely not. However...there SHOULD be a warning prior to her shows that states, "hey, if you're an idiot, or cannot commit to your OWN opinion based on the facts laid out before you...or if you're wishy washy, weak and indecisive enough to be swayed by someones FACIAL EXPRESSIONS OR INTONATION OF VOICE then turn your channel"......come onnnnn....you dont have to like the woman, but she IS doing her job...and her job is to simply lay out the facts of the case....thats it.....and she does it...whether she does it in a manner acceptable to you isn't the issue is it? Objectivity, objectivity.....

btw? you STILL haven't explained how she's failing her constitution responsibilities.....just sayin...
 Harry Peter
Msg: 87
Posted: 1/28/2007 2:12:11 PM
Absolutely not. However...there SHOULD be a warning prior to her shows that states, "hey, if you're an idiot, or cannot commit to your OWN opinion based on the facts laid out before you...or if you're wishy washy, weak and indecisive enough to be swayed by someones FACIAL EXPRESSIONS OR INTONATION OF VOICE then turn your channel"......

That's most people. They'd get no ratings. Ratings are impotent you know. Er, important.

As for other comments above about innocent til proven guilty etc.. Most cops that pull me over or arrest me in the past treated me guilty until proven innocent. Spend hours in jail even. Hardly a way to treat an innocent man. In my deluded world at least.

Want to see something really cool? Get Rosie O Donell to host that show.

They letting you two post more than twice within 10 replies? I don't get too:( Hmm. Unless that rule only applies to certain forums and not here.
 MsWizard
Msg: 88
Posted: 1/28/2007 2:47:40 PM

That's most people. They'd get no ratings. Ratings are impotent you know. Er, important.

As for other comments above about innocent til proven guilty etc.. Most cops that pull me over or arrest me in the past treated me guilty until proven innocent. Spend hours in jail even. Hardly a way to treat an innocent man. In my deluded world at least.

Want to see something really cool? Get Rosie O Donell to host that show.

They letting you two post more than twice within 10 replies? I don't get too:( Hmm. Unless that rule only applies to certain forums and not here.

Well yeah...true...most people are easily swayed....unfortunately....

Im not commenting on the cop issue...thats out of my territory, but I will say that yeah I think it WOULD be cool if Rosie O'Donnell hosted the show...at least I'd get to laugh my azzz off when she threw in her condemnations...grin....

I dont know about that posting twice thing...Im new to these particular boards....
 ~Hydro~
Msg: 89
Posted: 1/28/2007 10:09:16 PM
My sister can't stand her and when she said this, at the time, I didn't know why. I watched a lot of her commentaries when Michael Jackson was in court with the child molesting-extortion thing about a year and a half ago. She "knew" he was guilty and commented on that at any given opportunity. I never bothered to hear her comments when he got off. I can see why my sister can't stand her now.
 MsWizard
Msg: 90
Posted: 1/29/2007 6:54:26 AM

My sister can't stand her and when she said this, at the time, I didn't know why. I watched a lot of her commentaries when Michael Jackson was in court with the child molesting-extortion thing about a year and a half ago. She "knew" he was guilty and commented on that at any given opportunity. I never bothered to hear her comments when he got off. I can see why my sister can't stand her now

Hmmmm...I watched that whole trial and I dont recall EVER seeing her say he was guilty...doesn't mean she didn't say it, jjust that I personally haven't heard it...and then again? so what? bottom line is that she reports all the facts on hand and what she intonates or expresses herself physically over shouldnt sway the masses anyway....it is after all....only HER opinion...
 wildgirl_5
Msg: 91
Posted: 1/29/2007 7:52:49 AM
ok well they say u learn something new everyday well i have never heard of this women.........
 theirishpoet
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2007 8:32:27 AM
it is useless to debate someone who has lost her objectivety to fandom of this .... uh ...person
fyi, according to a person who works in thge same field, he said that they are rumors going about the your beloved St.grace is about to be yanked by cnn, because the justice dept. is questioning her intent!!
 sammylg
Msg: 93
Posted: 1/29/2007 12:07:29 PM
Strong? A little.

Insane? Yeah. A Little.

Bipolar? Definitely.
 Cavalier1968
Msg: 94
Posted: 1/29/2007 12:34:55 PM
ms wizard,

I posted this a couple pages back but i'm guessing you didn't read all the posts. Here are some truths about this "woman" you seem to be defending.

--- HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?
Posted: 9/20/2006 204 PM
She's an irresponsible media whore.

"Elizabeth Smart kidnapping
During the Smart case, when suspect Richard Ricci was arrested by police on the basis that he had a criminal record and had worked on the Smarts' home, Grace immediately and repeatedly proclaimed on CourtTV and CNN's Larry King that Ricci "was guilty", although there was little evidence to support this claim. She also suggested publically that Ricci's girlfriend was involved in the coverup of his alleged crime. Grace continued to malign Ricci, though he has since died.

It was later revealed that Smart was kidnapped by Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Barzee, two individuals with whom Richard Ricci had no connection."

and this........

"has also vigorously defended Jennifer Wilbanks, the Atlanta-area woman who staged her own disappearance. Despite evidence showing planning and intent to deceive, Grace was opposed to the idea that Wilbanks, who later pled guilty to making false statements, should be charged with anything"

and.......

"The Georgia Supreme Court has commented on Grace twice, first in a 1994 heroin trafficking case, Bell v. State, in which it was said that she "exceeded the wide latitude of closing argument" by referring to the defendant's prior convictions for violent felonies which were not at issue in the case."

In 1997, the court was more severe. Although its decision overturning the murder-arson conviction of businessman Wayne Weldon Carr in the death of his wife turned primarily on other issues, the court made note of Grace's court actions, saying "inappropriate and illegal conduct in the course of the trial."

She has been known to "convict" people on the air days after an arrest. She is the perfect example of what everybody ****ed about w/ the Jonbenet/ Mark Kerr thing recently. She and every other outlet plus many of you had the guys convicted and hung 20 minutes after the story broke. She is the poster child for what is wrong with the American news media. It's not about the news anymore. It's about hype, sensationalism, and selling ads. She makes me physically ill.

She is not a legal expert or a journalist.....she may have been at one time but she sold her soul for ratings and sensationalism. Her credibility is zero because she can't help but make herself part of the story. From her seat of influence she irresponsibly tries to mete out justice as though she herself were judge and jury. Makes me throw up in my mouth a little every time I fly past her show with the remote.

"who are the idiots? Grace or her watchers?"

easy.......both.
 MsWizard
Msg: 95
Posted: 1/29/2007 1:36:29 PM

"Elizabeth Smart kidnapping
During the Smart case, when suspect Richard Ricci was arrested by police on the basis that he had a criminal record and had worked on the Smarts' home, Grace immediately and repeatedly proclaimed on CourtTV and CNN's Larry King that Ricci "was guilty", although there was little evidence to support this claim. She also suggested publically that Ricci's girlfriend was involved in the coverup of his alleged crime. Grace continued to malign Ricci, though he has since died.

It was later revealed that Smart was kidnapped by Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Barzee, two individuals with whom Richard Ricci had no connection."

and this........

"has also vigorously defended Jennifer Wilbanks, the Atlanta-area woman who staged her own disappearance. Despite evidence showing planning and intent to deceive, Grace was opposed to the idea that Wilbanks, who later pled guilty to making false statements, should be charged with anything"

and.......

"The Georgia Supreme Court has commented on Grace twice, first in a 1994 heroin trafficking case, Bell v. State, in which it was said that she "exceeded the wide latitude of closing argument" by referring to the defendant's prior convictions for violent felonies which were not at issue in the case."

In 1997, the court was more severe. Although its decision overturning the murder-arson conviction of businessman Wayne Weldon Carr in the death of his wife turned primarily on other issues, the court made note of Grace's court actions, saying "inappropriate and illegal conduct in the course of the trial."

She has been known to "convict" people on the air days after an arrest. She is the perfect example of what everybody ****ed about w/ the Jonbenet/ Mark Kerr thing recently. She and every other outlet plus many of you had the guys convicted and hung 20 minutes after the story broke. She is the poster child for what is wrong with the American news media. It's not about the news anymore. It's about hype, sensationalism, and selling ads. She makes me physically ill.

She is not a legal expert or a journalist.....she may have been at one time but she sold her soul for ratings and sensationalism. Her credibility is zero because she can't help but make herself part of the story. From her seat of influence she irresponsibly tries to mete out justice as though she herself were judge and jury. Makes me throw up in my mouth a little every time I fly past her show with the remote.

"who are the idiots? Grace or her watchers?"

easy.......both.

Well thats certainly an argument that's hard to argue....well said, well written...thank you. I hadn't seen these portions of those cases and will go thru the archives to read them.

However that being said, once again, I still have to maintain that I think its ludicrous that ANYBODY who would base their opinions on what she does behind a camera is a fool.
 theirishpoet
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2007 6:52:21 AM
of course you do after all you are the president of the nancy grace fan club
 *Rain*
Msg: 97
Posted: 1/30/2007 7:43:48 AM
I think she tells it like it is. She isn't a bleeding heart... and I think if she turned into one no one would watch her. It's about ratings, and she is probably directed to give a particular slant to what she reports.
 MsWizard
Msg: 98
Posted: 1/30/2007 9:30:44 AM
it is useless to debate someone who has lost her objectivety to fandom of this .... uh ...person
fyi, according to a person who works in thge same field, he said that they are rumors going about the your beloved St.grace is about to be yanked by cnn, because the justice dept. is questioning her intent!!

What's useless is to continue this "debate" (as it were) with you because you have apparently not read one damn thing I've written. I've stated repeatedly that I dont particularly care for her myself or her approach. However, unlike you, I'm able to be far more objective. And if I listened to "rumors"...ahem....I'd simply be one of the sheep I'm pointing fingers at....oh sorry, was that a rumor that you believed? Shame on me.....and here I thought you had all the facts....

<<----moving on.....
 MsWizard
Msg: 99
Posted: 1/30/2007 9:33:53 AM
"of course you do after all you are the president of the nancy grace fan club"

you're clearly an uninformed, undereducated man who makes assumptions without knowing all your facts...i.e. assuming that I am an admirer of Grace. Perhaps if you reread what I posted previously, you'll not once see me stating that I am a fan of hers. This being the case, and seeing that you are obviously running on your opinions and emotions, I probably wont bother posting to you anymore. That to me would be like having a debate with a bag of wet cement. Nothing soaks in......
 Morph
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2008 2:01:29 AM
Nancy Grace is a Dramatic Moron. A real disgrace to intelligent women. She claims to know so much, but nearly everyone that has worked with her or educated with her now states their despise for her. She has a devaited Septum from doing so much Cocaine before she became a 'born again christian' , which is clearly noticiable when listening to her talk. She has claimed it is from a 'botched' nose job, which she was reluctant to admit.

Everyone is guilty until proven innocent with her and she has been tossed from many cases and courtrooms due to her overly emotional pleas to juries and judges. She has no idea what Constitutional Rights are, and she is by nature a Man Hater due to her being 'screwed and dumped ' in her early years. If you watch her on TV for more than 20 minutes you may develop the desire to " Slap the Shit Grin off her Face " .

in 2005, O.J Simpson was quoted by TMZ as saying " I wouldn't fornicate her with your penis " to a photo Pappaz. ( He used the real F word, not the one I wrote. )

In Finale` she is SO stupid that she flaunts pictures of her twins on her Headline News CNN show almost on a nightly basis. Even here on P.O.F. most wise users know to NEVER post or show pictures of your children. The bottom line is Nancy Grace is an 'attention needy' lawyer who somehow got herself a primetime show. I guess if Jerry Springer & Steve Wilkos can have retard shows, there has to be room for a FAKE blonde bimbonic legal freak to get peoples blood boiling.

I personally find her anal and moronic, and I watch her show nightly as it gives me a reason to yell at my T.V. other than the usual stupid commercials I yell at.

Peace.

Ps. Mr President Obama, Can I help you PIMP out the White House in January ? I wanna be the house DJ. TYIA.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?