Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 22ogot
Msg: 151
HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
i really feel she is cross gender,
 CVR_advocate
Msg: 152
HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?
Posted: 6/15/2011 7:38:20 PM
Swiped from a friend's website (with permission of course):

Condescending and false pity are Nancy Grace trademarks, but backfired
during an interview with famous kidnapping victim Elizabeth Smart in 2006. During the course of the questioning, Smart asked her to stop and stated, "I really am here to support the bill and not to go into what — you know, what happened to me." When Grace persisted, a visibly aggravated Smart replied, "I'm really not going to talk about this at this time...to be frankly honest, I really don't appreciate you bringing all this up." Grace replied, "I'm sorry, dear, I thought that you would speak out to other victims, but you know what, I completely understand ."
 Island home
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2011 9:05:14 PM
Wooden wan to dis Grace
Sounds like she does that by her self
 viper1j
Msg: 154
Posted: 6/16/2011 7:29:28 AM

****************************HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE.**********************************************************

I always thought she was lesbo.
 fireyangel1985
Msg: 155
Posted: 6/26/2011 8:19:49 AM
I watch Swift Justice every night before bed. She's such a strong woman and a true inspiration.

She is actually a political commentator, television personality, and a former prosecutor not a reporter.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2011 8:41:40 AM

She is actually a political commentator, television personality, and a former prosecutor not a reporter.

Don't forget "murderer." If you're going to list what she is, don't leave off the most important one.
 ArthurSleep1
Msg: 157
Posted: 6/26/2011 9:10:38 AM
just another person exploiting the vunerable for entertainment!
 CVR_advocate
Msg: 158
Posted: 6/26/2011 11:24:17 AM
I'm sure her hubby is a eunuch.

I can't believe anyone would find a bold-faced lying harpy like her an "inspiration." Then again, Snookie is a NYT best seller. Our society is going down the drain.
 Welsh474
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/27/2011 7:36:39 AM
I can't stand the bytch, I can't switch channels fast enough. She asks questions and doesn't listen to the answers, she's rude, she's abrasive and she's dumb. And when she gets all weepy, fvck, I could puke. I put her in the same category as Dog the Bounty Hunter....trash.
 cotter
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2011 10:53:48 AM

I don't care about her one way or the other.

Furthermore I have no idea where all the remarks about her sexual orientation are coming from. Was that the question in the original post?
 KittenCatt
Msg: 161
Posted: 6/27/2011 11:07:46 AM
I absolutely love her! I watch "Swift Justice" all the time. She seems very shrewd, strong, discerning, intelligent, and caring too.

This general topic leaves me wondering as I usually do if there's any really strong, outspoken woman out there that is not hated? I can think of nary a one. Must be something cultural.
 want to travel
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2011 11:08:19 AM
CNN, was good when it started years ago, but it is just show business now
really all the news is that comes from the states
as for Nancy , I feel my brain cells start to explode, as soon as i hear her voice!
oh! coming from windsor, across from detroit, the weather service is still the best in the world!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2011 12:48:35 PM

This general topic leaves me wondering as I usually do if there's any really strong, outspoken woman out there that is not hated? I can think of nary a one. Must be something cultural.

I don't hate her because she's strong, outspoken or a woman. I hate her because she is pure, irredeemable evil.

Betty White is a strong outspoken woman who everyone loves. In this country we have Mary Walsh; Barbra Frum was probably the most respected person in all media here. Everyone loved Elizabeth Dole, even if they disagreed with her. Largely you're looking through a cultural prism - all politics is extremely polarizing in your country, so that anyone who is outspoken (regardless of gender) about any political issue is going to be hated by a large segment of the population.
 CVR_advocate
Msg: 164
Posted: 7/8/2011 10:19:57 PM
Chelsea Handler's not hated and she's a lot like Jon Stewart.

Nancy Grace is in a class of her own with her two cohorts at the Howling Ladies Network / Crappy News Network, Jane Velez Mitchell (whose show should be called "Tissues" as in toilet tissue) and Wendy "I never met a false rape claim" Murphy. I swear if these three stooges would do a View type show, the apocalypse will be upon us. It it not because she is a woman but it is because TV personalities like her were failures at their chosen profession so they were cast as mouthpieces instead. Nancy Grace is a condescending ****, strike 1, an ex-prosecutor with a history of ethical violations, strike 2, and she caused a grieving mother to commit suicide after accusing her of killing her own kid, strike 3.

It has not helped those privy to feminist issues that many talking women get paid to be loudmouth misandrists. Look at the judge shows-- Judge Judy's mouth is bigger than that of the Joe Brown or the other black judge (can't think of his name off hand). Oprah was a more subtle misandrist but it was still rather obvious. The View is not much more appealing.

But the men are no better. Lush Windbaugh, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Really?, and so forth don't help matters. after all, the hater tune in just to heckle but it pays the bills.

In this country, rational debate on the issues is not entertaining. You have to be a total ass to get noticed.
 vnufall
Msg: 165
Posted: 7/8/2011 10:44:28 PM
nancy grace gives me a major headache....if she talks about her twins one more time...bleh.
 viper1j
Msg: 166
Posted: 7/9/2011 3:14:40 AM

nancy grace gives me a major headache....if she talks about her twins one more time...bleh.

That guy must have been SO drunk that night..
 CellaValencia
Msg: 168
Posted: 7/10/2011 3:07:02 PM
I love her! She has a strong voice and I agree with her
 buckeye1332
Msg: 169
Posted: 7/10/2011 3:12:32 PM
I like her. She tells it like it is and doesn't sugar coat it. She doesn't follow the political correctness BS that everyone seems to tippie toe around. Need more like her
 VegasGambit
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2011 6:26:45 PM
If she is a "strong" woman who "tells it like it is", why did she never apologize to the Duke Lacrosse players?

See, part of being a "strong" person is admitting your mistake when you are wrong. Instead, she had a substitute anchor deliver the news, and Grace pretended like it never happened. That's not a "strong" person. She's just a cackling, screeching, screaming hen. That's a sign of true weakness, and the sign of a coward.

I remember when she had Elizabeth Smart on her show, and she got upset when Smart didn't want to repeat all the gruesome, ugly details of her time in captivity. Smart went on the show to promote her charity, not to relive those horrible details. But Nancy acted like a smartass to her at her rebuke, only caring about making her show like a lame Grisham or Cornwell novel. I lost all my respect for that woman after that.

She's no better than Bill O'Riley. She interrupts her guests, when that doesn't work she yells louder and louder. The only calls she takes are from the people who would put it on their resume if she breathed on them, or when they gush over her twins. She tries to squeeze as many ratings as she can in cases that are done and over. She doesn't try to win her arguments with reason, she just uses volume until she is so loud that it's impossible to talk over her.

But then again, he obnoxious style must work, because it draws ratings. After all, logical, amicable, and civil debate is boring and will never get any ratings. Hooray for postmodern television popularity!
 VegasGambit
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 7/10/2011 6:27:28 PM
Not to mention that her voice gives me tinnitus. Yeesh.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 172
Posted: 7/12/2012 5:27:32 PM
For those keeping score at home the Nancy Grace "hounded to Death" body count now stands at two.

Woman dubbed ‘vodka mom’ by Nancy Grace dies after setting self on fire
By David Ferguson
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:57 EDT

...It was shortly after the sentencing that Nancy Grace produced a segment about Medrano for her Headline News Network show, “Nancy Grace.”

“Why no ‘murder one?’” she demanded, outraged at the lighter manslaughter charges. She then cracked open a bottle of cheap vodka and started pouring drinks in an effort to show how many drinks Medrano downed the night her baby died, insisting that a mother who showed such reckless disregard for her child’s safety should be hit with a charge of first-degree murder. It was during the segment that Grace coined the term “Vodka Mom” for Medrano.

Medrano’s mother, Yvonne Hill told Fox 9 that her daughter was trying to move on when the segment aired, than in the months since the death of Adrian Medrano, Toni had been trying to “build and move on,” but when she saw the segment, “it broke her spirit in the worst way.”

A few weeks later, at 4 a.m. on July 2, after a night of drinking with friends, Toni Medrano went to her mother’s house and set herself on fire. She was not the first woman to kill herself after becoming a target of Nancy Grace.

In 2006, Melinda Duckett of St. Petersburg, Florida shot herself in the head the day before an interview with Grace was set to air. Duckett’s parents said that their daughter had been savaged by Grace in the taping and that she chose to die rather than face the tidal wave of scorn that was sure to follow the show’s broadcast...

Read more at: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/10/woman-dubbed-vodka-mom-by-nancy-grace-dies-after-setting-self-on-fire/
 vnufall
Msg: 173
Posted: 7/12/2012 5:33:04 PM
i cringe at some of the things she says...still i'd like to watch her work as attorney or prosecutor...tough no nonsense. on tv a little too much drama for me...i liked her better on court tv.
 AHSfan
Msg: 174
Posted: 7/14/2012 2:55:33 PM
I like her fine ~ don't tune in because I enjoy episodic shows more. Nancy is interesting
 daynadaze
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2012 11:15:33 AM
In both those cases the mothers seem to show extreme neglect in what ended up in the death or disappearance of their children. Any prosecutor would hone in on what the mother was doing that might have caused the loss of their child. Yes, Nancy Grace is a driven, revengeful bytch, but I have yet to see her pick on anyone that she doesn't feel deserves it. She's trying to speak for the victims, I'm sure she gets it wrong often enough but really she's a seasoned professional, she knows BS when she hears it. I wouldn't want to be guilty of a crime and face her, she's brutal. I'm not sure how innocent victims fair with her, I don't watch her much, but as for those with something to hide, they are insane to go up against her. In the case of the two mothers that are listed in an above post, I too would like to know what they were doing and why. And if I had killed my own child, accidentally or not, I wouldn't need Nancy Grace to make me feel suicidal, I'd feel that way from my own actions.

So I'm on the fence here. Does she go too far, yes, if indeed the person is innocent. Does she go too far against the guilty, no. I have no idea why if she were a lesbian (she's not) or a cross dresser (she's not) would have to do with her show, other than some people like to make bigoted jokes and show their arse on message board.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NANCY GRACE..DO SHE COME OFF TO STRONG?