Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Nova Scotia  > Drug Use in Nova Scotia      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dimples82
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Drug Use in Nova ScotiaPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
[quote/M.A.D.D. now covers pot use in their ads.]
I love that friggin ad....you are HIGH! Way too higH!

Isn't it sad i still can't quote
 GinNJuice75
Msg: 52
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:28:03 PM
[quote ] message in here [/quote ] but no spaces
 dimples82
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:33:25 PM

M.A.D.D. now covers pot use in their ads.

You are higH! way too higH!
 VernMcFern
Msg: 54
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:42:44 PM
W00t, Mastered the quote. Good job Dimples

Well, As for drug use, I think its a pretty common thing these days. When I was in high school it was pretty common for people to fool around with "E". Weed was like as common as cigarette smoking it seemed. Even now you go to a concert and can probably get high from second hand smoke. I can honestly say I never smoked weed. Smoking cigarettes is too complicated for me and its the sad pathetic truth. Can't handle the whole in/ex-hale. I am a dork what can I say. The way I see it a Big Mac probably is more toxic and damaging then a joint. A lot of the food we eat, is going to do more harm to us then the prescription, recreational drugs out there.
 GeekGuy_Hfx
Msg: 55
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/21/2005 2:32:01 AM
It IS a good ad.

Too many people smoke marijuana these days and it's far too common to be walking down the street and get a big facefull from someone I pass. That I don't like. However, if someone has made the decision to have one or two and it doesn't affect ME in any way then I say do what you like.

As for dangerous? Yeah, a Big Mac is probably worse. :D

Can someone tell me why weed should be illegal and alcohol not? I mean marijuana is a natural substance and does not cause people to become violent or confrontational as alcohol does to some.

Weed can be inhaled by a casual bystander. Alcohol... not so much.

And, not to hijack the thread but...

I'm not a fat guy..I'm WWE wrestler size. If I were to choose the option "few extra pounds" most people look at that as being fat.

That's because it IS fat. It's not extremely obese or "I eat a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon for breakfast" or anything but it means you're overweight. I've got a few extra pounds, I'm fat and I'll admit it. And you, my bagpipe toting friend, appear to be a few extra. And I mean just a few extra, you don't look to be huge or anything. And you're right when you said it's all about the person looking.

Then again, I'm probably in the Big&Tall category and am fooling myself. My nickname's not bigtiree for nothin'. Damn, why did I bring that up?!?
 GinNJuice75
Msg: 56
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/21/2005 9:49:04 AM
i'm not fat just big boned.

hey its almost christmas allow me to have my wish
 timeposter
Msg: 57
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/21/2005 10:11:26 AM

yes...i see that you have apologized but indeed you've set your self up by stating
you feel its not very attractive...................true?

Drug use and alcohol abuse would be something I wouldn't find attractive in a potential date. There are just as many people that it wouldn't matter too. It's all a matter of preference.
 signgirl
Msg: 58
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/21/2005 1:30:51 PM
I don't think any of us discussing this have suggested we have a substance "abuse" problem.
That is not the point.....many women have been honest about socially using drugs.
Skip over those profiles if it's not your thing...right?
 timeposter
Msg: 59
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/21/2005 2:57:41 PM
^^well that kind of goes without saying. I don't actually use the profile section anymore, only the forums. So it's really a moot point for me.
 Polly_G
Msg: 60
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/21/2005 8:31:27 PM

Wouldn't pot use while driving cause your reflexes to be a little slow not to mention the decreased level of understanding severity of certain actions while driving??

Stupid people and cell phones have this same impact, in fact worse. I still don't condone it though. Like I said, I do believe there are some people who can manage to drive while smoking pot but there are some who most definately can't .....why take the chance?

I recently was asked to drive for someone who was smoking pot. At least they still have enough judgement to know its not safe for them to drive. I myself have "over-done it" with alcohol before and drove and felt horrible about it afterwards...despite not getting into an accident. I felt like I could drive I just really could feel that my judgement was not as sharp as normal. It definately was not one of my wisest decisions.
 dimples82
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/21/2005 8:35:08 PM
i try not to drive for a few hours after I smoke a joint....and NEVER with alcohol....weed and driving is odd....I remember times being in a car when i was so stoned and it feels like a rollercoaster...ya feel liek ur going so fast...but it's like 70.... ah fun times...
 Test_Pilot
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 1:10:34 AM
I don't consider weed a drug anymore than most people think they do drugs if they drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. It's all drugs if you want to look at it that way. Why be hypocritical about it.

Weed was made illegal and demonized because it was a threat to corporate big business back in the 30s and still remains a threat to it today. Do some research on it and you will be surprised at the how and why.

I agree it can be a problem if it is overdone... like smoking and drinking, prescription, or over the counter drugs. Everything in moderation.
 PA!GE®
Msg: 63
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:05:30 AM

So test, would u wanna be flying somewhere for Xmas when the pilot had just smoked a joint?
 dimples82
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:08:06 AM
ohhh that would be bad...same as if he'd be drinking....I think his point was that someone who smokes weed on the weekends is no worse than someone who has a few drinks on the weekend.
 _Steve_1976_
Msg: 65
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 1:44:40 PM
Paige - yeah the comments here are not saying smoke weed and then go fly a plane (or drive a car) ... it's more along the lines that used the same way alcohol is (i.e. not drinking and driving) ... it's no worse ...
 PA!GE®
Msg: 66
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:46:16 PM
I don't consider weed a drug anymore than most people think they do drugs if they drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes. It's all drugs if you want to look at it that way. Why be hypocritical about it.

I'm basing my last comments on that.
Cigarettes??? sure they are very, very bad for you but i'd have no issue flying in a plane with a pilot who just smoked a cigarette.

and as far as

I agree it can be a problem if it is overdone... like smoking and drinking, prescription, or over the counter drugs. Everything in moderation.

I wouldnt even wanna fly in a plane with a pilot who just smoked a 1/2 a joint.
 _Steve_1976_
Msg: 67
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:04:13 PM
I wouldn't want to fly in a plane with a pilot that drank 1/2 a beer
 PA!GE®
Msg: 68
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:09:34 PM
Neither would I

sigh I typed more but it's a waste of time
 kmhstx
Msg: 69
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:39:33 PM
Me ME MEMEMEMEMEM...I don't do them never have god, so many of the men are the same..its frustrating...anyway MEMEMEMEMEME! lol no drugs here yuck good clean fun thank you very much.
 dimples82
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:43:05 PM
Drugs drugs drugs, which are good which are bad..drugs drugs drugs ask your mom or ask your dad
 Test_Pilot
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:50:38 PM
Paige, I would rather the pilot have smoked a joint than to have drank an equivalent amount of beer, given the choice.

In reality, I don't think a pilot should fly after smoking a joint or even a few hits. He shouldn't be flying after taking cold medication or anything else that may affect his performance or judgement. Flying something as complicated as an airplane 500 miles an hour with 300 people in it is not like driving a car.

Just because I don't consider weed any more of a drug than alcohol or cigarettes doesn't mean people should be driving around stoned.

Cigarettes are worse than pot because of their extremely addictive nature and the subsequent health problems they cause.

Alcohol is 10 times as bad, because it's addictive as hell, causes serious health problems, causes serious social problems and it's one of our leading causes of death and property damage when consumed improperly. It's also horrifically prolific and acceptable. It also has a bad way of inciting people to violence. When's the last time you heard of a marijuana fueled riot at a sporting event. The potheads were too busy in line at the canteen for more munchies.

Marijuana has proven medical benefits. It is proven effective at treating many medical conditions, both physical and mental. It can ease pain and relax muscles with a very low incidence of side effects, none of which are serious. It can alleviate nausea and increase appetite in HIV patients and chemo/rad therapy patients. It is not physically addictive (unlike virtually all pharmaceuticals), and it is impossible to OD on.

Did you know that in several studies comissioned in the US and the UKfound that stoned drivers were actually less likely to be involved in an accident than SOBER drivers. One of these was a NTSB study.

People have demonized the weed because big brother business wanted it that way. It pains me to see the same people that are getting hammered on Saturday night, get in their cars after falling off a barstool and proceeding to drive home to sleep with a total stranger calling a couple of guys pissing the night away playing Xbox and eating a whole bag of doritos, druggies.

Hypocrites.
 PA!GE®
Msg: 72
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:56:09 PM

AGAIN you missed my point, twisted my opinion & put words in my mouth
 TheLeafs
Msg: 73
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:11:52 PM
Good points Test.....
 Test_Pilot
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:14:45 PM
What point were you trying to make? The fact that you would get on a plane with no hesitation after he smoked a cig? Well, I would too. Nicotine doesn't impair him in a manner that would affect his ability to fly. What if he was 50,smoked 3 packs a day, drank coffee, and was overweight?

I didn't twist your opinion and I put no words in your mouth. I was just making my point because I am under the impression that you view pot smokers in a more negative light than you view alcohol drinkers, or cigarette smokers for that matter.

Tell me what your opinion of pot smokers is.
 PA!GE®
Msg: 75
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:16:28 PM
1/ drinking and driving or pot smoking and driving are both wrong
2/ Yes Cigarettes are very very bad
Ive never disclaimed these nor denied anything else
I dont think pot is bad; I simply choose not to smoke it or date guys that do (tho will make an exception if it is truly occassional)
and no I do not view pot smokers more negatively than drinkers or smokers. I dont date smokers either as I dont smoke. I will date social drinkers but not heavy drinkers
I abhor smoking
Show ALL Forums  > Nova Scotia  > Drug Use in Nova Scotia