Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Living with Psoriasis      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ZanynCute
Msg: 51
Living with PsoriasisPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I Repeat.....The skin takes IN and ExCRETES toxins constantly.

Sweating is an active process of secretion?.....Duh Frank.
I spoke nothing of sweat. Or temperature control. Or pheromones. I didnt need to, I made one point and one point only.

Again. I repeat. The skin takes in and excretes toxins constantly. Thats it, thats all. That one sentence. Are you with me Frank?

Dont try and break it down to something ridiculously nitpicky to try and save face. Its weak.

If you werent aware blood does get *dirty* just say so.
If you werent aware skin holds and secretes toxins just say so.

Last but surely not least....with your background in medicine.....I remember specifically reading a post where you stated to another poster * You were a doctor and she was just not smart enough to see this fact* Given this background and education......How are you quoting from Wikipedia with a straight face?

Slap yourself Frank. Middle schoolers are taught to never do this and if so, their work will not be accepted as Wikipedia is a ridiculously unreliable source. How did you miss this as an adult in Med school??

Do your own research Frank. Google/Bing Wikipedia as an unreliable source. Good Lord theres publication everywhere speaking of this especially in Academics. You should know better.

Borrowing a quote from yourself " I'll take trying to save face and losing on POF forums for $800 alex"

FrankNStein902
Msg: 52
Living with Psoriasis
Posted: 3/30/2011 5:59:09 AM

I Repeat.....The skin takes IN and ExCRETES toxins constantly.

Sweating is an active process of secretion?.....Duh Frank.

Sorry my mistake I assumed you where smart enough to understand the difference between secretion and excretion.

So if my source is not credible, please provide another that supports your point.

Educate us on how the skin works.

As for the rest of your rant and attempts at insulting me, you stay classy.
 CheshireCatalyst
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Living with Psoriasis
Posted: 3/30/2011 6:24:19 AM

All skin disorders are mainly blood disorders.

Psoriasis is an auto-immune disorder with a strong genetic component. There are a few genes that have been identified as being largely responsible for the hyperactivity of leukocyte antigens which produce an over abundance of skin cells. Unfortunately, you can't just "work" on the inside of your body to eliminate the disease.

Skin’s primary function is a barrier – you’re really not going to eliminate much in the way of “toxins” via your skin – that’s largely an alt-med detox myth.

A really minute amount of “toxins” might be shed as a byproduct of sweat (otherwise known as insensible perspiration), but it’s hardly an elimination property of skin. It’s main purpose is to function as a barrier to bacteria, virii, foreign substances, sun exposure, and chemicals, while maintaining the body’s water and temperature retaining properties.

For those interested, the Merck Manual is a good start to learning anything about organs or bodily functions.
 helsbelsredhead
Msg: 54
Living with Psoriasis
Posted: 1/29/2012 3:29:35 PM
I joined pof but didn't mention I had psoriasis, When I initially joined the P was well under control. I got quite a few replies, however over last few months had flare up getting worse, too nervous to meet any one. Maybe I should have put in my profile about my P, even though it was well under control. I thought/know it would put men off. Going hosp tomorrow methotrexate not working now hopefully prescribe me ciclosporin for change. Am v. lonely not had date in long long time, even when skin clear. P has always effected my life had since toddler. You would think after all the years would learn to live with it. Can't, tried, failed.
 Sunshineonutoday
Msg: 55
Living with Psoriasis
Posted: 3/28/2012 10:36:40 PM
If u have a M & R feed,u could go get a can of what they call Bag Bomb,it is used on cows after milking.
Was told about it fr a Dr.used on eczema & psoriasis,results were unbelievable .
Living with Psoriasis
Posted: 4/11/2012 7:00:33 PM
SALAD DRESSING AND COLONIC CLEANSING.

How's that for a kinky sounding start? There has been a lot of good information posted on this thread. I would like to share my experience with psoriasis, and hopefully others can benefit.

What is the largest organ of the body? Hmm...the liver maybe ...err...heart...NO..the largest organ is the skin. The skin helps to excrete toxins, which has been covered by many on this thread. Have you ever smelled someone who stunk with body odor, just after they showered; or you call smell feces on their breathe. If the colon is impacted, full of waste, and the body cannot remove these toxins out the back door, then the body tries to eliminate them through the skin.
If you have ever gone on a colonic cleansing, or a detoxification regimen, then you will be familiar with cleansing reactions; when the toxins stored in your body are released. Whatever ails you, or even old injuries that you've forgotten about, gets worse, and then gets better. Physician, psoriasis sufferer, heal thyself. First cleanse out thy
sewage system.

Now, about the salad dressing. Whenever I feel the itch, I use apple cider vinegar. It is non-toxic. You can drink it. It is good for everything. It helps stock the itch. To aid healing, I use olive oil. Again, same story, non-toxic, you can drink it, and good for lots of ailments. So the story continues. Someone visits my bathroom, and they return and pose a question. "hey,I know that you are kinda kinky, but what's with the salad dressing in the bathroom.?"-
 DayWalker12
Msg: 57
Living with Psoriasis
Posted: 4/12/2012 5:36:42 AM
I developed psoriasis when I was getting divorced, selling the house and trying to change my job in one hit. The stress brought out a huge outbreak but apparently other people in my family have it too which I didn't know about at the time so it may be hereditary in some cases.

I was prescribed Dovonex steroid ointment to use twice a day. Its extremely strong and works by slowing the plaque production first smoothing the skin to the same level as the surrounding skin then soothes the redness from the outside in until the patch has gone. You cannot use it AND go out in the sun because of the skin thinning properties and you must not get it on surrounding healthy skin but a good month of using it you will see a difference. You are limited to the length of time you can use it but at one stage I was getting through a large tube of it every 3 weeks mine was so bad.
Touch wood, since I've used it I've not had any more flare up or signs of it for over 4 years now.

There is no need to suffer with psoriasis so bad it affects your day to day living now, there are a lot of treatments available and its just a case of finding the one that works for you. One thing I will say though is stress plays a huge part in its production and if you can reduce it in your life you will find fighting it a lot easier.
 TweenAmation
Msg: 58
Living with Psoriasis
Posted: 6/19/2012 5:47:40 PM
Psorasis is a real blessing, it keeps one humble and disinvolved from the usual mischief most people go through with relationships. Us dragons just stick to our own layers and try and find our inner wealth and contentment, I would hate to pass on such monsterous genes anyhow.
 TheReason_
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Living with Psoriasis
Posted: 6/19/2012 8:50:09 PM
I remember crying as a kid when I was diagnosed. Somewhere around 11 or 12. It would get better or worse. I would be dying in 35C weather wearing jeans and long sleeves, but I didn't want it to be seen. I remember being scared to show a long time girlfriend (we had just started dating) because I was so ashamed. I told her I wasn't normal. She said "what's normal anyway" and was perfectly fine with it. My ex-wife was ok with it as well. In fact, everyone I've ever dated had no problems at all with it.

It was just me that had the issues.

I take methotrexate for mine, and get lots of sun. When I take the methotrexate regularly (as perscribed) it pretty much goes away. I'm not a real sunworshipper, and I hate my tan, but that's a whole other can of worms lol. It's a bit hard on your liver, so when I go off it, it gives my liver a chance to recoup. The nice thing is this.

As you all know, it's accelerated skin cell production, so an offshoot ironically, is that I have no wrinkles at all, at 42.

None.

So it's not all bad.

These days I know the sun helps, I really should start up on the meth again, but it makes me feel a bit nauseous. I keep my skin moisturized, and my girlfriend has given me the nickname "Tinman" because I'm always "oiling up" lol I find it a cute nickname and don't mind it at all. I even went swimming in public 2 years ago, which I never in my wildest dreams ever thought would happen.

So do what you have to do, what is "normal" anyway.

Sincerely:

Tinman.

;)
 smilie63
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Living with Psoriasis
Posted: 8/26/2013 5:40:48 PM
Hello how are you..my name is Les I would like to know more about you...
 Matt_Mbro
Msg: 61
Living with Psoriasis
Posted: 9/6/2013 4:38:04 AM
Hi Tinman,

Yes, you are right, the sun does help greatly... And, I'm glad that methotrexate works for you, but other posters (notably child baring age females!!), also need to be aware of the other implications of taking it, as its highly 'teratogenic'

Personally, a regime that I've found works for me is taking daily vitamin B50 complex, and one-a-day cod liver oil capsules (packed with omega 3), with the cod oil supplement dosage at doubled!
(I'm aware that there is a possibility of vitamin A toxicity from taking this product at 3 to 4 or more times RDA for extended periods!).

I also use 'psoriaderm' coal tar solution, as a once daily bath addition.. It's cheap, and works well!

However, as ever, with public forums, its only what 'anecdotally' what works for me
(and doesn't constitute qualified medical advise), so, is a case of 'on your head be it'
 posh_cosh
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Living with Psoriasis
Posted: 8/31/2014 9:53:46 AM
Don't worry about that guy. He sounds like he is having
A bad day and taking it out on you . There is no
Right or wrong, we are all learning. Keep sharing views
As you' see it :)
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Living with Psoriasis