Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arri
Msg: 76
Do women really like to hunt and fish?Page 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
^^^ You want to be on OTBs list .. don't you

Mesnafugal
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Do women really like to hunt and fish?
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:51:08 PM
Geeez Arri.. do you really think I'd make the "list"????
 Paso Doble
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:48:59 AM
I have a 16ga and a 20ga in my house, I have 10 acres and live on the National Forest...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats got to be livin'!
 southern cutie
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:52:27 AM
Hell, yeah!! I love to hunt, fish, mud ride. I love college football. You can tell that those guys play for the love of the game, not the big fat payday they eventually got coming. Hell, when I was 14, I could tell you exactly how to make the Atlanta Braves win a game with just a few star players. Also at 15, you give me a NASCAR number, I could tell you the name of the driver, make of the car, crew chief, owner and half the sponsors. I can outfish most men, clean the deer, cook it, then sit down and eat whatever it was I caught, killed, whatever. These women who say they like this stuff are trying to impress you. Better find yourself a good old country girl (a real one, not a transplant) and live happily ever after.

As for killing Bambi, cause he tastes so damn good, that's why!!
 southern cutie
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:01:56 AM
I was glancing through some of the posts, and some of y'all just crack me up. Fish blood stinks, yeah. Deer blood is sticky and steams. Worms wiggle, grubs wiggle, and any good southern girl knows how to handle them. From a city-slicker's point of view, the southern way of life is nasty, gross, disgusting, etc., etc. But tell me this. Have you ever been in a deer stand, when it's almost dark outside, with a 12 ga. shotgun laying across your lap? Your toes are freezing, your nose is running, your hands are like ice, then you hear that big boy grunt, and you forget all about your toes and stuff, cause you throw that big gun up and wait for him to stroll out and dare you to shoot him? I have. Have you ever been on the lake at 2 AM, hearing the hoot owls holler, the splash of a tail from some big bass, a swirl the size of a big rig steering wheel comes up. You cast, fight for 30 minutes, then land the thing. and it's as long as your leg? Trust me, y'all. I was raised in Alabama, and that's as southern as you can get. I don't care what anybody says. Until you've had the true experience, you ain't ever gonna know.
 Keptreal
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:19:15 AM
...southern cutie you wouldn't happen to be the boy Daddy always wanted,but never had,would you....anyway I think it's cool that you fit the label of "tomboy" to a tee,you southern girls rock!!!
 Paso Doble
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:26:17 AM
"Have you ever been in a deer stand, when it's almost dark outside, with a 12 ga. shotgun laying across your lap?"

Are you listening guys???
 Paso Doble
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:33:40 AM
"Have you ever been on the lake at 2 AM, hearing the hoot owls holler, the splash of a tail from some big bass, a swirl the size of a big rig steering wheel comes up. You cast, fight for 30 minutes, then land the thing."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah yes... southern cutie... just a slice of heaven!!!
 Keptreal
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:55:17 AM
..wkd...leave her alone wkd 2oo6,I spotted her first...
 leovsvirgo
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:41:34 AM
Wow Southern girl, I would even love to come out and go hunting and fishin with you I like your stories.
 leovsvirgo
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:48:09 AM
I think commercial fishing is a whole different story. Have you ever been fishing for 20 hours, covered is fish blood and still cleaning them in the dark? Its a great rush, after awhile you can do it with your eyes closed.

I never have been in a deer stand, but I have draged salmon on the boat that was quite a bit larger that my leg.

Oh and just so everyone can understand what I am talking about. I am originally from BC. I'm just going to school in Ontario, and I am going home as soon as I'm done.
I miss the Ocean ALOT, and I've never been away from it this long.
 misseyes
Msg: 87
Posted: 12/23/2005 9:01:40 AM
I can still hear the rig bells going in my sleep when the lines are full of fish. I did that for 4 summers working with my dad and at the time I was one of the only female deckhands on a boat. I miss it. Some of the places I saw, were fabulous, and so many people will never get to see the different bays, or wildlife on the beaches. I'd love to go back out for a week or two in the summer just because.

leovsvirgo, did you go off the tip of the island or in the straits?
 leovsvirgo
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/23/2005 9:12:09 AM
I went all over the place, and there is someone that has done this (YAY) I miss it ALOT too. The last time I went out salmon fishing we were in Johnstone Straights, it was the best there were killer whales and all kinds of different wildlife.

And the bells still ring in my sleep too

It was always such a rush when they started.

I mostly worked on Prawn boats, but went out salmon fishing for a few openings.

Where did you fish??
 Paso Doble
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/23/2005 9:27:30 AM
"Where did you fish??"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Leovsvirgo... thanks for asking. I grew up fishing with my dad. We lived out in the country and we fished stock tanks for black bass. I can remember a many a cast that was aimed toward a big bass that had just boiled the water. Most of the fishing I get into is with my son. Its a tradition that is good to pass on. There are lakes that are local but the fishing is not that good. My son is ready to graduate from perch to black bass and catfish. Alot of catfishing in this area. It is good eating but not as much fun to catch.
 tooindependent
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/23/2005 9:44:31 AM
No bells ringing in my sleep here, lol. BUT I still get the one where I am down in the hold and somebody takes out too many planks, my feet are firmly held in place by all the humpies as the money fish (reds, kings, silvers) come pooring into the main hold (along with all the pack ice).

That one is scarier than falling in the tank on a crab boat during opilio season (not sure you'd call that a dream, more like a memory).

I love the Pacific coast!!! The whole inside passage is stunning!!!

I LOVE the smell of salmon, trout, freshly mowed yard, freshly plowed field, fresh logging, and Christmas trees!!!
 whyscracker
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:10:59 AM
Look for women who grew up in small towns or rural areas. It's a part of their childhood and frequently the main connection they had to the men in their family. They also have a tendency to *expect* their men to like these things, so a measure of support for these hobbies comes from the woman *and* her family and friends-this support can go a *long* way towards relationship maintenance.

My life has changed an awful lot, I hardly do any of that anymore, but I could go back into it, stay as I am, or move up into a more city lifestyle, or my brother keeps trying to get me to move to China, it really doesn't matter much anymore. I'm game for anything that will function well.

I'll be going deep sea fishing with a friend who is flying down from Wyoming. For me, these activities are social, I enjoy them more with good company. Other than a short hike, none of these things are something I'd do on my own. I loved the football in moderation, not *every single game* couch potato lifestyle. I prefer youth sports, from pee-wee to teens, all outside, running with and coaching the kids, or screaming from the bleachers for them.

Jeannie
 livewirehere
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:17:07 AM
How funny cndykissez~~My dad was like that when we were younger

And, good one mickeymorton~~~I can't believe I've never heard that one~~
 Paso Doble
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/23/2005 10:17:17 AM
"falling in the tank on a crab boat..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oooouuuch... Tooindependent... that would smart!!!!
 Tinkle
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/23/2005 11:15:46 AM
Glad you brought this up OP. I have been surprised at all the women who love sports. I actually thought most women didn't care about sports until doing this online dating thing.

Anyway, I'm sure atleast some of the women if not all really like hunting etc. Hunting is a deal breaker to me though. I've seen a lot of women's profiles that seem interesting then I will read "hunting" as their interest and go, bye bye.
 CrazyHeart
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/23/2005 11:33:44 AM
Sure they do....the honest ones anyway. Having been raised in remote Northern Canada hunting/fishing was a means of survivel. I love Moose burgers or have you ever tried a buffalo smokie? On the indian reserves you get the best smoked salmon, not like the gift shop store crap you see. Just follow my simple rule, catch and release, as soon as she says "oh poor bambie", back in the water for you my little Nemo friend. Happy Hunting
 Paso Doble
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/23/2005 12:58:20 PM
"Sure they do....the honest ones anyway. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah Ha... an honest woman???
 Sniper308
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/23/2005 1:01:55 PM
Allie..
You're right, I don't know too many models that like to hunt & fish either....
I do know some who LOOK like they could model, but do hunt & fish...does that count?

I didn't see one single person named "Allie" here... but, regardless, who are these women who look like they could model and who also like hunting? Were they alive when Armstrong walked the moon? Do they smoke? Are they Republican? Do they have their own guns???
 chevy_girl24
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2005 1:09:26 PM
Growing up in the northwoods I think that most up here are accustomed to all outdoor activities. (Having a dad that always wanted a boy and wound up with 4 girls really does something to you too.) I know how to hunt (bow and gun), I love fishing, I have my own truck to take back out in the woods. Growing up in my type of family really makes you appreciate the outdoors, although I do it for fun, the deer and fish always put food on the table too. I can gut my own deer, clean it, and quarter it without any help. As for sports I am big into Nascar and racing. I go to a lot of the off-road races around the area during the summer and also to the snowmobile races. So for an answer to you question, yes there are girls, many of them that love to hunt and fish and do it avidly.
 SXXXYLICIOUS2
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/23/2005 2:42:26 PM
Yes, it is for real! Women are just like men..we just smell nicer, and we operate differently, but ultimately we want the same things....and if women have to hunt, then the game is on. Hunting is fun! It gives me a keen sense of competitiveness, strength and accomplishment...
 Paso Doble
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/23/2005 2:46:29 PM

we just smell nicer, and we operate differently,

True!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?