Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How did you come up with your screen name?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Excite_Me!!!
Msg: 151
How did you come up with your screen name?Page 7 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Well I like to do exciting things and I like to be excited so I used Excite Me!!!
 TravelingHomebody
Msg: 152
view profile
History
How did you come up with your screen name?
Posted: 6/14/2008 7:40:16 PM
EMS = Emergency Medical Services. I'm a volunteer EMT, which is a step down from a paramedic

Granny = Self-evident

So, EMSGranny
 ma_cherie_pi
Msg: 153
Posted: 9/11/2008 8:14:28 AM
Several years ago I began visiting chat rooms. I wanted something feminine, yet intelligent.

It used to be "mon cherie," but someone who spoke French corrected me on the ma-/mon- usage and that "ma-" meant female.

It used to be ma_cherie_69, to indicate the year I was born, but the 69 is conducive to sexual thoughts, and I didn't want to be seen as someone who was primarily focused on sex in her life.

In one chat room I used to frequent, I had some friends who used the word "pie" a lot, so I added the "pi" for somewhat of a double entendre: that I like math and am as sweet as cherry pie.

Cheesy, sure, but hey, it's mine. lol

Sassafras Dragon
Msg: 154
Posted: 12/13/2008 9:17:42 PM
Simple; it is what I wish to be. Not so much the Lady part though. For etiquette purposes I would like to be a lady. but in all others I'm a wee bit to rough and tough. I am becoming a farmer. Just not a farmer of what I thought I would. It appears I'm very good a growing chickens, wildlife, crazy rumors and not much else.
 militarymike88
Msg: 155
Posted: 12/14/2008 12:47:32 AM
military- What I am and always will be at heart

mike- My middle name because I HATE my first name

88-birth year.
militarymike88
 sharon_isfine4now
Msg: 156
Posted: 12/14/2008 9:48:39 AM
I like military mike user name....good and cute, something to be proud of too........I picked mine from some always worrying about me....I get a little crazy at times, and just to let them know...Sharon is fine....most of the time, anyway.......
 some woman
Msg: 157
Posted: 12/14/2008 10:58:36 AM
Mine used to be "army mom" when my son was serving in Iraq. When he returned safely home, I was almost going to change it to "punkin's mom" to acknowledge that my daughter is equally as important to me as my son is, but then changed my mind. My children both know how much I love them already, so I decided it was time to stop identifying myself through them on this site. After that, I realized that I had become just "some woman" and it suits me just fine, especially since I have no need for a catchy name here.
 truly.jamielynn
Msg: 158
Posted: 12/14/2008 11:33:17 AM
Mine used to be sweet.annabelle which I chose that one cause I always liked the name annabelle and I didnt want people to know my real name at first. I decided to change it to truly.jamielynn cause I am really jamielynn lol
 daylillies2
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 2:13:09 PM
I love gardeniong and my favourite plant is the Daylillies specially the white ones.
 misshoney31
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/14/2008 2:32:15 PM
Easy...

I'm a miss

I'm a sweet woman so I've been told.

And I'm nearly 31.

MagEMaeI
Msg: 161
Posted: 12/14/2008 2:57:13 PM
I had to change my mail setting when I first joined this site because I would get a lot of mail from over 40 guys who were upset that I wasn't interested.

I would always ask them if they paid attention to MY USER NAME

Heeeeelloooooo.....MagEMae=Maggie Mae=Rod Stewart=Mrs Robinson=DUH.......
 angelfromhell10
Msg: 162
Posted: 12/14/2008 4:52:26 PM
Mine is my nick name for my dog... or atleast it used to be.
When I first got my dog as a puppy (4weeks old) she was my little angel from hell... She was the sweetest most lovable puppy ever, but the second I left her alone she would destroy everything I touched before I left. So for the most part she was a little angel but that little hellian would come out every time she was alone. (she even has her little devil ears, if I could post a pic on here I would, but she is a floppy-eared dog except when she's in trouble {or very excited} then her ears get kinked and they stick up like devil horns. and the 10 is the month she was born in.
 ClearlyAmazingM
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 5:03:45 PM
Clearly Amazing M

Whenever I would come out with an Amazing Idea at work or with friends, which happens quite often..... They would reply, by saying I am Clearly Amazing......the (M) I added, for Man.................BTW, come to think of it, my ex's would say the same for some reason, "Now, That was ClearlyAmazing"
 ih8tefrogstoo
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 6:41:51 PM
Mine's a boring explanation:

After trying upteen dozen times to get a name that wasn't already taken (and not taking any alternate computer-generated suggestions, as I'd probably forget it as soon as I'd registered), this one just popped into my head. No idea why. Well actually, it was 'ih8tefrogs' that came to me, but that was taken so I added the 'too' on the end and it worked.

(btw, I really don't hate frogs at all; they're kind of cute. )
 springazure44
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/14/2008 7:03:19 PM
I'm a treehugging environmentalist that likes to landscape according to butterfly and hummingbird favorites.

While doing my landscaping research many yrs ago, I learned of the Spring Azure Butterfly. It is one of the smallest butterflies in North America. It is a beautiful cobalt blue with a wingspan of 1 inch. It is one of the earliest butterflies to emerge in the spring, and one of the most short lived butterflies. It emerges on Day 1. Mates on Day 2. Lays eggs on Day 3, and is usually dead by nightfall.

Be nice to this little creature. Odds are... it is it's last day on this earth.
 DietCoke®Guy
Msg: 166
Posted: 12/14/2008 8:56:20 PM
I was going to use "Coke Lover" but when you say that with an East European accent (short 'O' instead of long) it projected an image that I didn't think represented what I was trying to get out there.
 Opequon
Msg: 167
Posted: 12/14/2008 10:16:56 PM
I'm a living historian for the Civil War era. Opequon Creek was the site of battle. Kinda liked the name Opequon so I use it for a couple of screen names and email accounts.
 laughing_fire
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2008 11:24:04 PM
it's just a nickname I've used for login names online since junior high really...i've just kind of stuck with it....
 kane stays
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/15/2008 5:24:47 AM
When I first joined I thought I wanted to date. Men have a problem with my dog Kane. So kane stays is the name I chose. I don't know what the problem was I never let him eat a single date!!
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2008 5:37:25 AM
I needed a name for a character in a series of short stories I wrote (at the time I thought I was writing a novel and the stories were chapters) some mumblety-odd years ago, so I "borrowed" the maiden name of a lady I went out with a time or two. As it happens, it's French and 9 letters long just like my "real" name, and I like the sound of it.

I added the "®™©" on the end to make it harder for vandals to copy my name and do hateful things in chat rooms.
 VF102
Msg: 171
Posted: 12/15/2008 8:50:51 AM
VF102.

Veritech Fighter # 102. Rick Hunter's VT in the series Robotech, Macross Saga, 1984.

Jason
 acitalriwt sixela
Msg: 172
Posted: 12/15/2008 9:02:19 AM
Alexy Pragmatica - Half people call me Alexis, half people call me Lexy, so I mix the two. The second part is silly joke from friend. He laugh at my use of the word "pragmatic." Thought it is funny a non English speaker use this word he and his two friend did not know.

Alexy Twirlatica - After mention I was in back danceing in rain, another friend suggest the name change.

Acitalriwt Sixela - Was bored and decide to make a change and reverse letters.

Not profound reasons but this is it. :)
 Oh-Zone
Msg: 173
Posted: 12/15/2008 11:10:30 AM
When I first got my computer I did message boards almost all day. I had several screen names each with its own personality.
I was looking for another when this one just came to me. It was originally just OhZone with no dash, but this place said that was already in use.
At that time, 8 years ago I had googled the name and came up a big zero - nothing found. Now....there are about a million entries for it. ( I feel rather plaigerized ) Yeah, I know - its the hundredth monkey thing.
 Forumhobbit
Msg: 174
Posted: 12/15/2008 6:20:04 PM
It's my favorite driver. Innova Champion Sidewinder - 154 grams weight class. Love that disc.....
 BBW2Love
Msg: 175
Posted: 12/15/2008 7:08:21 PM
Guess.

Messages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be postedMessages this short may not be posted
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How did you come up with your screen name?