Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you ever fallen for someone on the net??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 strangerstill
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Have you ever fallen for someone on the net?? Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
@ sailme.

My sweetie issued a few threats of her own before she left. She said that I can't hide from her anymore because she knows where I live, she knows where my parents live, she knows where my friends are and where I hang out.
 kr8ztwin
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Have you ever fallen for someone on the net??
Posted: 1/5/2005 8:26:51 AM
i never thought i could fall for someone online. I was never against the idea but i thought noone would be able to impress me to the extent that i'd think only of them.

Well its funny how things happen when you least expect it...i've found someone that has completely blown me away. She doesn't even live near me, yet when I go out I don't even consider other girls. Its a crazy feeling and its not going away.

falling can happen anywhere at anytime.
 Quack
Msg: 28
Posted: 1/5/2005 9:12:48 AM
Dont worry Twin I have faith in you, it will pass ]

Really congrats to you all that it works out for. I prooly wouldnt be looking on line if I didnt think it could happen for me.
 honey_kizzes
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/5/2005 9:15:51 AM
I didnt know it was possible, I had no clue...I guess maybe you dont know till it happens to you...Sad really...But Yes I do believe you can fall for someone you meet online, as long as there is more than just the online, by which I mean the phone, maybe cam to cam so you can see that the person is real...And of course in person when possible...But yes, LOVE with someone you meet online, YES, it can and does happen...
 ~~Angel~~
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/5/2005 9:23:29 AM
I agree with Kewt......but yes there has to be more.......phone calls.... e-mails....snail mail...cams and absolutely visits......There are also different degrees of love as well...

I have talked with and shared some wonderful experiences with people online...made great Friends and some acquaintances..

But yes when you do find someone ...special....it can work...I'm confident.
 singingirly1984
Msg: 31
Posted: 1/5/2005 9:46:30 AM
I have fallen for someone on the net. We had this extreme connection when we first e-mailed each other. We e-mailed for 2 weeks and called each other atleast once a day each. We met in person on my b-day. We had sooooo much in common. And we had a date for new year's eve. That lasted from 4pm to 2am as well as us talking. He met my parents and dogs. My dogs and family loved him. The feeling was mutual. And tomorrow I meet his family (oh gee a big step). We exchanged snail mail and everything. We seem to be getting stronger and stronger as a couple. And we haven't even had sex together yet. And it was like fate intended us to be. I am soooooooooo in love.
 arachnoidalseainme
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/5/2005 9:46:34 AM
Of course it can happen...for me twice. Will it last, who's to say?

First one was a much younger guy and I still think he will always be someone special in my life. Because of age differences, and future goals/plans that just don't match up, we can't be together.

The other one I met on this site actually and it's been fast falling and is absolutely wonderful. I feel like we are twin souls in many ways... Let's keep our fingers crossed that things last.
Good luck to you too!
 blkstallion
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/5/2005 10:10:11 AM
Well my belief is you can fall in love on the net, you can fall in love at first sight, you can fall in love with one touch, Everyone has there own aspect of falling in love but it is our decision to act on it or turn it away, love and hurt has a very thin line, Now days we turn finding love into a what do you have , what do you drive kinda a state, not all do this but most, True love was created by the creator and it is very unexplainable, Unfortunately there are people who like to use the word love to get what they want.

1. Love is a feeling that is unexplainable.
2. Love is never having to be alone.
3. Love is kind, Honest, understanding and faithful.
4. Love will never let you down.
5. Love is pure and should not be bought.
6. Love will always be there when you need it.
7. Love always giving and never asking for it back in return.
8. Love is forgiving.
9. You can never ask to much of love.

If a woman that is virtuous, loving, honest, faithful and true there is no man that wouldnt fall in love with that except for an idiot.
 Alishigia
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/5/2005 10:22:19 AM
Have one spotted and currently pursuing.
 nathansalford
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/5/2005 12:50:29 PM
I have fallen for a girl i met online but my advice would be to meet sooner rather than later if you leave it too long your expectations get too much. Not in touch with her anymore and never met in real life, wish i had now i will never know

Nathan

P.s i am still looking if anyone is out there ;)
 Alishigia
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/5/2005 1:21:45 PM
Sure...feelings of love can start online...but nothing is certain til you meet the person offline. Dont care if cams and all that are involved or not. Too many people are in love with the idea of being in love and until that person is standing in front of you nothing is concrete....its only a concept until that point.
 Metalchick
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/5/2005 1:23:27 PM
I have sooooooooooo fallen for someone on the net!
 klrcrsovr
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/5/2005 1:27:44 PM
I'm in the midst of falling for someone on the net...

Alishigia
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/5/2005 1:29:56 PM
Excellent Metalchick! Wish you the best with it. My friend has fallen for someone here on this site and I only hope that she meets the guy soon.
 petejpierre
Msg: 40
LOL ...
Posted: 1/5/2005 5:54:09 PM
I fell for two - not on this site - but the first lasted about 5 months and the second one only 3 month ... still not bad but kindda, ya know ... LOL
 wakingdream
Msg: 41
LOL ...
Posted: 1/5/2005 10:13:11 PM
Well, if it hadn't happened to me, I wouldn't have believed it. But I am falling for someone I met over the net, even before we met though, he had me under his spell, and it is a spell I hope never, ever is broken! *smiles brightly*
 Whitewolf225
Msg: 42
Instant Karma, baby!
Posted: 1/5/2005 10:21:50 PM
Yes, I believe it's possible. I just met the most wonderful woman here on PoF over the Christmas holidays. Christmas eve, to be exact! Instant Karma! Santa couldn't have done a better job at picking out this Christmas gift if it was getting ready to kick his butt!

It's all about being genuine, and establishing a line of communication right away without the bull.

More on this in the thread about success stories
 w8in4u
Msg: 43
Instant Karma, baby!
Posted: 1/5/2005 10:34:40 PM
Yep, sure have. I just posted about it on a different thread (success stories) I think. He's great. Been together 2 months today. Looking for much more time with him, besides he can't get out of the restraints (ankle chains I think he said). He'll be okay. Don't tell anyone I have him hidden in my bedroom.
 dpwanab
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/6/2005 12:59:50 AM
Yes. The relationship lasted almost 4 years before it ended, badly. This started with emails, and progressed to phone calls with no pictures exchanged for a few months before we met face to face for the first time, having really no idea what to expect.

It was a long-distance relationship for the first 18 months or so, but we moved in together, and moved cross-country together. We didn't make it out of NYC together however.

I see now that I truly did love her, but after the initial 'newness' wore off, so did her interest in me, apparently. As awful as her wandering eye and mind were, I'm glad I discovered them and ended it before it led to bigger mistakes. She was probably the type of person who may have even married me even though she didn't really want to. A failed marriage would have been MUCH worse to go through than the painful break up.

I think it's very possible, but you have to be lucky. The other person has to be genuine, and I've been surprised at the lengths some people take to screw with people's emotions.
 Ms Daisy
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/6/2005 1:56:04 AM
Im just a big softie, i love all these romance stories, so sweet xxx
 jizzabelle
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/6/2005 2:00:53 PM
Yes, unfortunately!! But when we met, he was not like what he wanted me to believe. It's not that he outright lied, he just kept some key points to himself that if he shared before we met, he knew I wouldn't like. He was sexy, sweet and cute and we had something between us that could have been great, even if it didn't last forever. I still think of him from time to time and hope that I can meet someone else that will make me feel really good. Someone that's not afraid of exploring that which one has no control over...love.
 pnkflyd639723
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/6/2005 5:34:51 PM
I have definitely fallen for someone on the net...and I am waiting to be picked back up!
 freespirit9931
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2005 7:00:30 AM
Yup, I have. Was over 2 yrs ago and things are great.
 kr8ztwin
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2005 7:02:07 AM
yep i'm still fallin. weird how sh|t works out....i really thought i was broken
 Silva
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/7/2005 11:45:07 AM
Yup, see my profile. Saw his pic and though "Aha!" Never thought he would answer my PM but he did, we talked via yahoo, then on the phone and then we had a ... hiccup, but things are still the best between us and I will be going over to Texas sometime later this year to meet the family (I've already spoken to them a few times) and see Ray. There is no hurry, because circumstances are out of our hands, but one day....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you ever fallen for someone on the net??