Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wantingagoodwoman
Msg: 26
is it so bad to want an older man?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
If any of you younger women are looking for an older man that will love you, and only you, then i am your man. Please send me an email. Paul
 dreaminuvya
Msg: 27
is it so bad to want an older man?
Posted: 5/10/2005 6:39:58 PM
I dunno. Is it so bad ta want a younger woman?
 Jaystime
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/10/2005 8:14:50 PM
Allamericangirl I agree too, most young men today don't know how to treat a woman. I have had a few dates with younger women 26 to 30 and altho I had a good time it didn't work for me. I felt a big gap. Something was missing. I felt that the age gap was the reason. As for treating a lady like a lady, you need to find the right man. It all starts with the upbringing. The apple does not fall far from the tree. Look at his parents and most of the time you will get a good picture of what your relationship will be like. If there is respect in the house for everyone you will most likely have a respectful man. This is not true all the time, but it is more often right than wrong. I'm 41 and I feel I treat women the same as I did when I was 20. Good luck in your search for one good man.
 HAHANOW
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/10/2005 11:19:39 PM
Hey woman!
You are 27 & want to hook up with older men? there is nothing at all wrong with that! Now when ya hit 45 & want to hook up with younger men, Go for it! Trust me ! It will happen!
Take yor life in your hands ! Throw it out there & take the ride !
XOXOXOX
 MsRedDress
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/11/2005 1:49:44 AM
no difference allamericangirl

older is just uglier, same personality traits
just uglier
 Alistair10
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/11/2005 6:17:21 AM
Uglier?? AHH crap! And here I thought we were supposed to become more distinguished. But is it really a matter of age or maturity?? I don't think they're neccessarily linked. I grew up pretty hard and fast and was mature for my age. When I was 24 I was dating a woman who was 33..and no it wasn't a cougar thing! I could just relate to older people due to my life experiences and didn't find much in common with the girls my age. Just my 2 cents.
 Lily72
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/11/2005 1:46:15 PM
I myself would like to find an older man. We all have our preferences..Men my age still have their heads up their A%$...Welll at least the ones I have met. I have known some younger men who have their heads straight. BUT I feel that an older man has "Been there, Done that" already and knows what they want and DON"T want. That is I think part of a lot of people's problem...they do not know what they want.

I learned a long time ago that there is a big difference between Girls and Woman....& Boys and Men.

Go for yours honey.....
 kywindwalker
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2005 2:44:56 PM
ok from and old mans point of view...i'm 54 and can do alot of things guys half my age cant..i run play disc golf...bowl..bike...younge ladies...older men mabe at 45 or 50...women 25 to 30...thats not bad now...but in 20 years ask youreself is a 70 year old man what i want.i think we older men have ben trough a lot more of life and have found out things most guys younger have not...we tend to love more ...and care for what we have...mabe i am wrong but i just think we take time to care more...age is nothing more than nubers...go with what you feel
 kitchensink
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 9/12/2005 11:52:48 PM
Nothing at all wrong with wanting to date older men. When I was in my early 20s I enjoyed dating older (sometimes much older) women. Now that I'm in my early 30s, I can still see going a little older, a lot older or a little younger. I suppose you just have to do what makes you happy, right?
 blu_eyed_gal
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/13/2005 5:15:18 AM

Dear Allamericangirl,
You are correct in everything you said. There is a big difference between men and boys and between girls and women.

No she isn't.
I know a great many "older men" who certainly do not have their shit together and screw anything and everything. I also know a great many younger men who have their shit together and don't screw anything and everything.
 ZIM
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/13/2005 11:36:28 AM
uh No righ tOR wrong here peeps. But as Windwalker Did point out ( which i have ot agre with)
Older men (as a hole Im thinking) Do have better controll over their emotions and DO repsect and love MORE than guys younger than themsleves.
Due to tha simple fact they are MEN and the others are boys.

I work with a bunch of younger guys and to listen to them talk about woman just makes me wan tot punch them in the head. They have NO clue what they are talking about.
However keeping quiet and containing my out burst of disgust is oneof my strong points so I just let em blow that hot air.

Do any of you do any online gaming? have you listend to young guys talk? Some of em are needing a visit to their homes and a good slap in the head.

Im only half way up the tree at 35 but the more I learn about myself the more i know age is a virtue and patience is freedom. most of all Ignorance is NOT bliss. its just dangerous and stoopid.
 Sierrasman
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/13/2005 11:49:01 AM
Hey ZIM, Those are some words of wisdom! And you're only 35! You're on a good path my friend.

To you younger women who like us more mature men, bless you, bless you, bless you!
 isitworthatry
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/13/2005 6:50:41 PM
From my old perspective--its ok.
I may be somewhat prejudiced though.
Help keep it exciting and you won't have to worry about the been there and done that thing
 NYkid45
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:18:00 PM
The answer here is "NO" It's Good To Want An Older Man Any Takers.Don't be shy e-mail me.
 kywindwalker
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2005 9:37:33 AM
ok from the old guy...i think dating...mabe ok...but for longterm relation...no...we tend to look a thing as the present...but if you are 27 and say you get into a relationship with a 45 or 50 year old what about down the road when you are 45 hes close to 70...lets face it things stop working as we gett older.and i really don't think anyone one wants to be taken care of an old man when they are still in the prime od there life ...realty somtimes sucks but face it do you really want to be changen diappers at 45...somthing to think about....so i try to stay within a 10 year age...windwalker
 kitcat822
Msg: 41
Posted: 9/26/2005 5:55:39 PM
there is nothing wrong with wanting to be with an older women, we are much more passionate about all aspects of life....experience counts......lol
 NPGMuSiCCLuB
Msg: 42
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:16:03 PM
I dont think you can say all of any ag is the same.Some Younger & Women act more grown up then older.It all depends on who they are.
 kitcat822
Msg: 43
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:17:38 PM
sorry hit wrong forum....but go get your older man if thats what you want......go for it
 NPGMuSiCCLuB
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:17:46 PM
Im 38 & would love to havean 18 year old but it ain't in the cards.But my wife is 41 & im dont chaseing women anyways.
 harleybigmn22
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/4/2005 8:30:32 PM
well al americangirl,
as man that has been with a younger woman,the answer i get is that older men know more of what they want.they also know how too treat a woman as well.my last girlfriend was 26.but on th same token u have to be mature as well.you have too make sure that uyou are ready for that kind of relationship.we asa older men have no times for games.so there's nothing wrong with wanting a older man.jusrt make sure that's what you want.
 YourGuy2B
Msg: 46
Posted: 3/2/2007 12:54:40 PM
I've been on the other side, married to a woman 11 years older for many years. And I don't think the issues are as large as people make them. Right now I'm looking for younger, because I find women in my age range and above focused on things in life that I am not - retirement, kids, grand kids, organizing family gatherings etc.
 Found someone
Msg: 47
Posted: 3/2/2007 2:14:53 PM
Sometimes I think older men are more mature and would care a great deal better then men my own age. I found that men my age are so mature in some respects but yet, so immature in the simplest of things. Common courtesy being one of them, having respect is another...
 sancho!
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2007 5:40:13 PM
"most of all Ignorance is NOT bliss. its just dangerous and stoopid."

it can be dangerous and stupid but more so to the people in proximity to or engaging with the ignorant. and sometimes the people in proximity to or engaging with are ignorant of the original ignorance and then all hell breaks loose. is that irony? :P
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2007 6:59:55 PM
Once we get to be 25 or so, the majority of people, men and women alike, are adults, and at that point the age thing is nothing more than a number. There are some hardwired genetic reasons for an attraction between an older man and a younger woman, and more and more cultural acceptance of older women and younger men. Hey, whatever best works for you; like I said, we're all adults, or at least should be.

I do like the old saying (Chinese?) about a woman should be half the man's age plus 7 years. For me that means 45/2 + 7 = 30. Sounds about right. Then again, this saying was probably made up by Confucius's horny cousin...lol
 shyblondee
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/3/2007 2:07:58 PM
Well, I think you should date who you want to date. Just don't make the assumption that a man being older means he is more mature. That isn't necessarily so!

My ex husband still spends almost every night out at the bar, and he is almost 40. I seriously doubt he will ever grow up. I have had age gap relationships and they were fine, but I do think if you want something long term it is best to keep it within around 7 or 8 years. Just my opinion, you do what makes you happy!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?