Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ISOrealismnotperfection
Msg: 51
is it so bad to want an older man?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
It isn't bad to want an older man. My personal preference is to date/be with someone older than me. It doesn't make me right, it doesn't mean older men are "the right ones." True, older generation seem to have "it together" but its only bc they have experienced life.... it means nothing against the younger generation. No matter the age, male or female, we are all going to find some "bad" ones. I am sure everyone will agree w/this. Age is a preference thing, everyone has their preference.
 designingwoman
Msg: 52
view profile
History
is it so bad to want an older man?
Posted: 3/3/2007 6:10:27 PM
No. It's a matter of preference. Everyone has their own preferences, and they do have a right to them. I am not going to criticize someone for preferring to date older men, since I have my own personal set of preferences.
 kywindwalker
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2007 8:20:52 AM
it's simple we are all different in oure likes and dislikes we make the choice...i prefer ladies my own age because most have ben there done that and hopefully loking for somone to spend there life with...just my thoughts
 Love_on_fire
Msg: 54
Posted: 3/4/2007 4:44:56 PM
No, not at all, no worse or better then a younger guy wanting an older woman. By them being older, just make sure that they have the maturity of an older person too and that don't have a youth complex and they just keep living in the past. Otherwise it's all good.
 pickem
Msg: 55
Posted: 3/4/2007 5:34:10 PM
i notice that your profile says you are living together with your sig other.. does he know how you feel?.. how mature is it to be in a common-law relation and knowing you would like something else?.. is this fair to either of you?
 blueeyez75
Msg: 56
Posted: 3/4/2007 7:03:28 PM
Nothing wrong with liking older men, everyone had their preference. Go for whatever makes you happy and enjoy. Good luck!!
 Leana76
Msg: 57
Posted: 3/10/2007 3:45:16 AM
I don't see a problem, as long as you both have the same interests and wants. I pretty much prefer someone older than me, but to a certain extent too. No younger than 30 or 31 and no older than 65.

Younger guys are okay, but you can never plan anything with them. They change their mind in the last minute and don't want to take you to nice places, like an older man will. One of the last younger guys I've dated, took me to a Frat Party and I don't care for those much, because someone always gets hurt, gets arrested, and/or are smoking marijuana there. I don't like it and I hate people that do drugs. So, he was the last younger man that I had ever dated. Never again. That's just my 2 cents.
 Poizon Ivy !! xxxx
Msg: 58
Posted: 3/12/2007 1:52:31 PM
Sometimes a older man is a good thing! most have been there, done it and know what they want. , most do anyway.

i have a lot of male friends who are older, have great views on life, know where they are going.I had one ex who was a jerk that was older, but he was having a mid life crisis, and still is as such! lol, grief glad i got rid, thought he were 20! so yes there is good and bad in all age groups and walks of life.
But in general, they treat me with respect, and i agree with mess 3, the difference is huge! seperates the men from the boys! hee hee prob be wanting toy boys when i`m older! can`t win!
i want someone who will be with me and only me, not play games, include me in life, treat me right etc etc , i find that with older men they are happy do the romance and tread the water. younger men can be difficult lol,.But depends on the age gap your looking at here i guess.

Nick Thinker
Msg: 59
Posted: 3/13/2007 12:24:41 PM
I am 44 and usually date women around my age (-/+ 7), but I am not biased against women 22+, as long as they have a mature mind and interests for their age.
 Leana76
Msg: 60
Posted: 3/13/2007 12:31:15 PM
Of course not, it's no bad to want an older man. I actually prefer it (up to 65 that is).
 Hot Buttered Soul
Msg: 61
Posted: 3/13/2007 1:20:27 PM
i know people of every age group who dont hav the sh*t together, and drink and party all the time...
why dont you just come out and say you need a sugar daddy because you dont have your sh*t together want want someone to take care of you.
 Sierrasman
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/13/2007 4:51:59 PM
To you younger women who like the more mature men, bless you, bless you, bless you!
 Leana76
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/14/2007 1:56:36 AM
^^^And no, most of us are NOT looking for a "sugar daddy". Just a mature man in our lives, that's all. Is THAT a problem??!! I think not!!
 JimiHollywood
Msg: 64
it is so bad to want an older man?
Posted: 9/13/2007 10:11:45 AM
"""All F@#kin' Right!!!!!!!!!""....Does This Mean You Will Marry Me?...My Precious April Lily... Oh I've Been Waiting So Long For You To Say ""Yes""...Now My Life Will be Perfect...I Am Young At Heart.... I'm Older, But I Still Get Carded.....Anyway I've Got At Least Another 50 Years Left In Me.......Oh Yea!,...What Size Rock Do You Want???...After Kicking Around These "Plenty of Fish Walls" For A Couple Of Years...I Realized A Long Time Ago That You Are The Only Perfect Women Who Exists In The World....I'm So Happy My Sweet April Lily...I've Got To Rent A Hall...How About "THE JOINT" at THE HARD ROCK IN VEGAS???? Sound Good??
 lovebahi
Msg: 65
view profile
History
it is so bad to want an older man?
Posted: 9/13/2007 1:22:26 PM
It depends on what you are looking for? If you are looking for a secure relation, then you have to find a mature person. He could be old or young, depending on his life history, friends, education (in general sense, simply his knowledge), family... and of course age.
 lotsoflady
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/16/2007 7:17:46 PM
I have always found older men more attractive. There is a old saying that men aren't any good until they reach 45 and I found out it's true. Older men know how to treat a lady like a lady, are more secure, more affectionate, and have more patients.
 beachchick
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/17/2007 5:33:54 AM
Well, so far, what I'm reading is what I've been thinking all along. Women who like "older" men in their 20's eventually get tired of them not being able to "keep up," and find someone closer to their own age.

All these men in their mid to late 40's chasing women in their 20's are eventually going to end up with their 20 year olds leaving them and/or screwing around on them, because within 10 years, (or 10 months) they can no longer keep up with their "young thang" and she isn't quite ready to slow down just yet. Younger women look around and see much better looking guys closer to their own age, who still have hair, no saggy skin, no beer belly and don't need Viagara.

So, you guys who have women your own age blocked from even being able to email you, keep in mind that there are a lot of really nice and attractive women your own age, and by the time you've gone through your string of little hotties who have no use for you anymore, there will be very few women your own age available, because we've hopefully managed to find someone who wanted something more than eye candy to hang on your arm.
 life_of_leisure
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2007 12:08:23 PM

There is a old saying that men aren't any good until they reach 45 and I found out it's true.

So that was what I felt on my forty-fifth birthday -- the GOOD switch being flipped ON.

Anyway, I think me and a bunch of my buddies around here could all chip in and come up with enough to have you cloned, if you were willing...
 redangel35
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2007 7:45:28 PM
No... its not bad at all. Iam 34 and prefer men at least 15 years older than myself. The oldes was 28 years older than myself and we are best friends to this day.

As far as what others think... well my friends say that I have a disease called.. geriatricfeelya... and I say yep I do. I have a bad case!!!!!!!!

I have found that older men or most of them have all ready gone through the stage you mentioned.. drinking.. partying all the time and so forth. Older men seem to be more laid back and relaxed. Personally, sexually they actually care whether Iam satisifed or not.. they actually act like they CARE. They have figured out.. hey my partner is satisified.. so she will reciprocate...

My fetish is for an older man with gray hair and beard...
 cyn3100
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2007 8:15:37 PM
Just because a guy is older doesn't mean he's an emotional grown up. That realization shocked the hell out of me! I've dated a number of older guys. Some were great, but some were just as immature as guys your age. Maybe you should stop looking for a certain age and look for someone mature. Maturity can come in a variety of packages.
 the hittman
Msg: 71
Posted: 9/20/2007 2:36:18 PM
Wow at 27 guys better be getting their shit together, because for the most part they've already become the man they're going to be.
 studplayrico
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2007 7:33:29 PM
Well, although i'm not old(31) i do like younger girls.
 Winter Sparkle
Msg: 73
Posted: 9/22/2007 9:47:02 PM
I'm all for an older gentleman!
 Katertots37
Msg: 74
Posted: 9/23/2007 3:40:07 AM
It all depends on how much older. I was once very much in love with someone 11 years older then me. I thought he was too until his kids got in the way and decided they didn't want me or my kids around. If I found someone who would go with his heart and not his kids heart yes i would date someone 10-12 years older
 great_kahuna
Msg: 75
Posted: 9/23/2007 4:15:38 AM
cyn3100 ... You are soooooooo right
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?