Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dreadstalker
Msg: 76
is it so bad to want an older man?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
It isn't any different then the older women who have a preference for younger men.

It is between the two of you.

If you have to depend on other people to validate what you want, then you aren't ready for a relationship no matter what age.
 dreadstalker
Msg: 77
is it so bad to want an older man?
Posted: 9/23/2007 4:44:19 AM
double post.
 seamstressfortheband
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/23/2007 12:08:10 PM
nothing wrong with it at all if you like him,
 shipoker
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/23/2007 12:47:40 PM
there is no right or wrong. Only what is right or wrong for you!!. I, personnaly would rebuff a younger woman...but that is right for me!!!................JMO
 Heart Bandit
Msg: 80
Posted: 9/23/2007 3:15:58 PM
I've always felt more of a connection with women who were younger than me. I don't exactly know why. But it just is. In fact I've dated only one woman who was my age and one who was a year older. The rest were younger. So I did try my age but the connection just isn't there for me.

And reading some of these posts about men in their 40's not being able to keep up with younger women. That is indeed a generalization. Some of us have plenty of fuel to spare:)
 FutureX
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/25/2007 12:02:45 AM
This is sort of refreshing... seems like most women in their thirties view me as a "dirty old man." For me at 37, this is disconcerting...
 Im George
Msg: 82
Posted: 12/7/2007 9:24:13 AM
I guess i never understood the big phobia of numbers myself. Ive dated both older and younger, married younger, i dont really pay alot of attention to the age. to me its simply a number, ive met some early 20-somethings that had their shittogether far more so than some of the 40-somethings, and visa-versa. i look for attractive characteristics in the women i choose to be around, important stuff like honesty, integrity, shared interests,common beleifs, you know, things i wont find on her drivers license.
 crayonzz
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/7/2007 12:49:18 PM
My mind flicks to images of Sean Connery, David Cassidy, Donny Osmond, Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, Harrison Ford, and any number of others.

Do whats good for you m dear. Others can offer opinons but don't let them run your life.
 Swan1966
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/8/2007 4:28:14 AM
My "general" dating range is 26 to 46 - but, I will date a lady who's 23, or a lady whose 60.
The only thing that I really look at is maturity, depth, and monogamy (faithfulness).

There is nothing wrong with being with anyone who is either much younger or much older, as long as both are consenting adults (mentally and chronologically), both really love each other, and both are on the same page.
 skyscrapper
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/8/2007 7:06:59 AM

I am 27 and find it very attractive to hook up with an older man. (i never have, kind of a wish i guess). I mean an older man who really has it together, compared to me. Guys my age are just so...typical. i mean, they have nothing, they drink and party too much, they have no values, and they screw everything. Seems like they will never amount to anything. I like the older type of guys who are real men. Seems like my generation of women missed out. Then again, alot of women out there nowadays dont have much to offer either i guess bc everyone sleeps around so much. any comments?

And how do you think those guys got to be older and wise (and atractive, etc)..??
To be old and wise you need first to be young and stu.pid... isn't it?

This is a comment very tipical of the co-dependency fashion... you don't see the person as such having constraints and potential, you just care about the end result... nothing for you to invest, but a lot to gain.

However, I'll say there is nothing wrong in you finding older men attractive. We men (when young) find older women attractive too... and give the same reasons you give.

I don't really think you actually find them attractive... it's more like you find them exotic.
 Wolfie65
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/8/2007 8:08:27 AM
OP - Watch out, you're openeing yourself (and the guys commenting on this) up to broadside after broadside from the self-appointed Online Dating Gestapo who wants to make it illegal for any man to go within 100 yards of any woman more than 2 years his junior.
(It is, naturally, perfectly ok for said Gestapo to date guys 10,20 or more years younger than themselves, don't you see...)
 trueserenity
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2007 2:50:23 PM
Totally agree.. i too prefer older men.. now I am not saying they cant be just as ell lets say ignorant as younger men but fo rhte most part I like them because hey are much more awar of what a lady relly wants not just mentally but also physically...

I started talking to a guy in his 30s and he asked about the last guy I was with, when I said he was 52 the guy laughed.. talked about the sex part. well lets just say.. he coud have taken lessons..lol

i will continue dating mature men.. simply provide more of wha ti like...
 Marrying Kind
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/8/2007 5:52:21 PM
According to what I read all the time on POF it's heresy to want an older member of the opposit sex.
 2 girls short of a 3some
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/10/2007 3:20:24 AM
OP - Watch out, you're openeing yourself (and the guys commenting on this) up to broadside after broadside from the self-appointed Online Dating Gestapo who wants to make it illegal for any man to go within 100 yards of any woman more than 2 years his junior.
(It is, naturally, perfectly ok for said Gestapo to date guys 10,20 or more years younger than themselves, don't you see...)

very well said -- and very very very true

the POF matriach sisterhood will be all over this before you know it

those witches do not like anything that is not said their way or without their approval
 bona dea
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/10/2007 4:04:51 AM
Ive always dated the older man.... Ive had more in common with them and found them easier to talk to....
 Jim Dandy2007
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/10/2007 4:10:53 AM
You just finally got to the point where you realized the obvious and the points you mentioned about guys under 27 are valid.Don't expect all older men to be exactly what your looking for but I'll bet the odds just got way better for you to finally get what you've been looking for.
 Chrisjm72
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/10/2007 4:28:31 AM
Who says two people have to be the same age? It might be a little freaky if he is 70, and you are 20 or 30. But I say follow your heart.

I had crushes on older woman before. I never dated a lot, and none of the few had been more than a year older than I, but I have always dreamed of being wanted by an older lady, maybe even spanked!
 ironman33
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/10/2007 5:08:08 AM
i would say id want a older women like you say they party less better in bed and know how to treat a man they have a better head on there sholders i have no complaints on older women unless theres one out there my age that can proove me wrong
 Insearchoflosttreasure
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/10/2007 6:12:52 AM
I don't think you are any different than women 50 to 100 years ago. It seemed then that most women married older men. I would hazard a guess and say that anyone 10 to 12 years older is pretty safe for you. I think the idea of a virgin in either a man or a woman is almost a thing of the past but hey not every woman or guy screws around before getting married. I am sure that you don't want to marry a guy and then have him cheating on you because he wanted to see what it was like with other women. So having him or yourself test the waters before hand may be something you think about. Marriage is supposed to be for life but the number of divorces have quadrupled in the last 10 years. So no it isn't bad, as an older man is more apt to have learned his lessons and is less likely to be unfaithful. If all an older gentleman gives you is his cell phone number then think twice because there could still be a wife at home. good luck
 skyscrapper
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/12/2007 6:16:53 AM
Funny, the same girl...50 years in the future...will be craving a younger man....
 geezerbloke08
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/12/2007 9:24:46 AM
YEAH BUT ITS YOUR AGE,all the older guys were screwing birds and getting wankered when they were the younger guys age,i bet,some will reply no we wernt,but i bet 75 percent at least were.if you like the older man no worries each to their own.
 fancynanci
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2007 10:55:30 AM
Age shouldn't be a factor. You just need someone you are compatible with.
 skyscrapper
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/19/2007 5:37:20 AM

Age shouldn't be a factor. You just need someone you are compatible with.

Define compatible???
 Euroalex
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2007 6:08:31 AM
why would it be.

for example, my own preference:

I am 35, and would like children in the future.

on the short and medium range - so less than let's say a 1-2 year relationship - basically every woman between 18-45 are about OK. that her as a woman and expect to be threated as a man on return.

on the long run...age has an affect as in relation to long-horizon life-goals. so, we see...both ends so the 18 and the 45 can be compatible...

-dealing with 18 year old woman, basically the challlenge is to wait a few more years as her studies come first probably...

-dealing with an older 40-45 year old woman it boils down to her ability of bearing children or find a compromise: adoption or "outsorting" pregnancy

OP, back to your case, you should also look at short/medium/long run and decide what you want...

oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/19/2007 7:55:14 AM
Don't think older guys are all together either,there are always exceptions.If its what you want,then nothing wrong with that,in some cultures its absolutely normal
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?