Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Guess
Msg: 101
is it so bad to want an older man?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Not that I can understand how anyone can want one older but I am not you,so it must be ok,if that is what you want.
 JRydel
Msg: 102
is it so bad to want an older man?
Posted: 12/19/2007 7:39:24 PM
Practice makes perfect or like a fine wine only gets better with time and there is no experience like experience.
 christella2
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 10:30:36 AM
not at all bad hun i want a older man to lol im 38 and i seem to attract younger men havent a clue why but i dont want a boy i want a real man and the older it seems the wiser and then a boy becomes a man and knows what he wants so you keep at it girl your find a nice older man to take proper care of you :) christella x
 Hiway-Man
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/22/2007 9:37:20 AM
Sounds to me like you young gals wanna marry it rather than work for it. A lot of these old esablished men where once young hard partying kids. It can take a lifetime of hard work and struggling to get it right. These older fella's may be flattered that you younger gals look at them but don't kid yourself,they also see right thru this little scam. While your playing them,they just might be playing YOU.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2007 9:45:12 AM
~OP~ Personal preferences are a wonderful thing. If you prefer older, seek those older. Likewise, I only date those within a few years of my own age. It's my preference and one I don't negotiate. Personally, I want someone from my own time-zone which means within a few years either direction. I've been bashed for not being interested in "the person" rather than the age ~ well, "the person" is linked to the age. You are what you've experienced ~ for me, I want a product of the 80's just like myself. Meet/date whom you choose ~ it's no one else's business anyway. JMO
 claycm
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2007 11:54:29 AM
I'm an "older" guy-38-and I think you are very smart in not limiting your options when it comes to age. At my age, I am mature but still fun, I know how to treat a woman well in all different respects, I'm now financially stable, and much more adept being a good friend or boyfriend. Girls like you give us "old" guys hope!
 crayonzz
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/23/2007 4:15:30 AM
Take one older man and then put him and the 50 on the scale of one - one hundred.

then think up 50 things better than dating an older man. And then 50 things worse.
Much worse.

At the end of that time you will realise that an older man is a very minor pain in the arse.
 screenwriterdave
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2007 1:28:16 PM
As an over 50 guy, I find myself beginning to struggle with this issue. In the year and a half since I was divorced I have dated a number of women in my age bracket. Many of them seemed nice, many attractive but...I now am dealing with the fact that I find younger women, 25-45, more interesting to me, and not just for the physical reasons. My life is in a "young"place: I have 2 relatively young children and a new career. I'm not in the same place as fifty-somethings with grandchildren.

So here's my question, particularly for the younger women who say they like mature guys. How do you like to be approached by these guys? I find myself terrified of being seen as some kind of perv.

Opinions?

Dave
 northwoods57
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/24/2007 3:34:37 PM
I love dating a younger woman. I am 57, and younger woman crave an older guy for comfort, worldly, and sometimes better sex (we know how to make a younger woman feel good). My daughters date guys their own age, and they tell me they are SO Immature.
I prefer a woman younger, because they are craving someone to talk with who is not into video games, have social graces. A tall long hair woman is what I want.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?