Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Guess
Msg: 101
is it so bad to want an older man?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Not that I can understand how anyone can want one older but I am not you,so it must be ok,if that is what you want.
 JRydel
Msg: 102
is it so bad to want an older man?
Posted: 12/19/2007 7:39:24 PM
Practice makes perfect or like a fine wine only gets better with time and there is no experience like experience.
 christella2
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 10:30:36 AM
not at all bad hun i want a older man to lol im 38 and i seem to attract younger men havent a clue why but i dont want a boy i want a real man and the older it seems the wiser and then a boy becomes a man and knows what he wants so you keep at it girl your find a nice older man to take proper care of you :) christella x
 Hiway-Man
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/22/2007 9:37:20 AM
Sounds to me like you young gals wanna marry it rather than work for it. A lot of these old esablished men where once young hard partying kids. It can take a lifetime of hard work and struggling to get it right. These older fella's may be flattered that you younger gals look at them but don't kid yourself,they also see right thru this little scam. While your playing them,they just might be playing YOU.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2007 9:45:12 AM
~OP~ Personal preferences are a wonderful thing. If you prefer older, seek those older. Likewise, I only date those within a few years of my own age. It's my preference and one I don't negotiate. Personally, I want someone from my own time-zone which means within a few years either direction. I've been bashed for not being interested in "the person" rather than the age ~ well, "the person" is linked to the age. You are what you've experienced ~ for me, I want a product of the 80's just like myself. Meet/date whom you choose ~ it's no one else's business anyway. JMO
 claycm
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2007 11:54:29 AM
I'm an "older" guy-38-and I think you are very smart in not limiting your options when it comes to age. At my age, I am mature but still fun, I know how to treat a woman well in all different respects, I'm now financially stable, and much more adept being a good friend or boyfriend. Girls like you give us "old" guys hope!
 crayonzz
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/23/2007 4:15:30 AM
Take one older man and then put him and the 50 on the scale of one - one hundred.

then think up 50 things better than dating an older man. And then 50 things worse.
Much worse.

At the end of that time you will realise that an older man is a very minor pain in the arse.
 screenwriterdave
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2007 1:28:16 PM
As an over 50 guy, I find myself beginning to struggle with this issue. In the year and a half since I was divorced I have dated a number of women in my age bracket. Many of them seemed nice, many attractive but...I now am dealing with the fact that I find younger women, 25-45, more interesting to me, and not just for the physical reasons. My life is in a "young"place: I have 2 relatively young children and a new career. I'm not in the same place as fifty-somethings with grandchildren.

So here's my question, particularly for the younger women who say they like mature guys. How do you like to be approached by these guys? I find myself terrified of being seen as some kind of perv.

Opinions?

Dave
 northwoods57
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/24/2007 3:34:37 PM
I love dating a younger woman. I am 57, and younger woman crave an older guy for comfort, worldly, and sometimes better sex (we know how to make a younger woman feel good). My daughters date guys their own age, and they tell me they are SO Immature.
I prefer a woman younger, because they are craving someone to talk with who is not into video games, have social graces. A tall long hair woman is what I want.
 dinno76
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2014 10:41:07 AM
If you want to date older men then do it.
 Like2dance
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2014 1:06:01 PM
At age 61 I find it appropriate to only date women substantially younger than myself. Most of the women I seriously date are 15 to 20 years younger than myself.
 Jbuttergoof
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2015 11:08:41 AM
No, it's not a bad thing. Just keep in mind that older isn't always better. I've been with both younger and older women, with the younger ones having it together and the older ones acting like they're still in high school. Depends on the person.
 matthew83co
Msg: 113
Posted: 3/3/2015 4:26:03 PM
My sister married a man who is ten years older than her and he's a better man than most of the ass clowns who are her age. I'm not saying that all of us men in our thirties are ass clowns, but there sure are a lot of us (to include the men in their twenties) who still live at home making stupid excuses up for unemployment and lack of drive beyond the X-Box these days and that is really ****ing sad.

OP: Only you know what you find attractive. What you find attractive will make you happiest in certain aspects.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2015 8:45:01 PM

No.

I'll leave the porch light on.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 115
Posted: 3/4/2015 6:51:35 AM
I'll do better then leave the porch light on. I'll beam my Heart Light into the sky for ya.

I'll have some scented candles and a cold glass of white wine waiting too.

Heck, I'll even get some Barry White started and leave my spot vacant.

Better be quick though, someone else might beat you over here!
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 116
Posted: 3/4/2015 9:02:45 AM
I had preferred to meet a man closer to my age rather than older (and I didn't consider younger). As it were, my love is ten years older than me and he has an amazing work ethic; he can build, create, fix, and discuss anything; his sense of humor is out of this world; and he treats me very well (and I, him).

We're also emotionally, intellectually, and physically attracted to each other. He's a dreamy, respectable, and very, very kind and generous (older) man -- my man. :)
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2015 7:50:00 AM

I am 27 and find it very attractive to hook up with an older man. (i never have, kind of a wish i guess). I mean an older man who really has it together, compared to me.

There's plenty of guys aged 25-30 who have it together. There's not a shortage of that.

Guys my age are just so...typical. i mean, they have nothing, they drink and party too much, they have no values, and they screw everything.

You'd find some more like that in the 27 year range than the 37 year range, sure. Right now you're 37 (this OP was done 10 years ago). Are you now wanting 47 year old guys? :) It's a personal bias we have when we see older people as mature, stable people & younger people as immature, unstable people.

Sure, you'll find more people who are college-party-oriented at 27 than 37. You'll also find more less attractive people at 37, and everyone at 37 who are single aren't librarians either. Point being, it's not a needle-in-a-haystack finding a 27ish year old guy who isn't a college-party-oriented character.

Most of it is an attraction to "older", in and of itself -- with it's catalyst being experiences and our natural stereotyping (that all animals do).
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/5/2015 8:43:12 AM
Younger w0men being with older men has been the norm forever and is socially accepted, so I don't understand why there is a question about it.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2015 10:39:13 AM
It's not bad to want an older man, but being that you've never experienced it, and your motivations for such escapes me, I really don't know if it's simply what we Spaniards call a "capricho", which is basically that you got it in your mind and now you won't stop till you get it, thus the desire for such will subside shortly after you get it.

I totally recommend it as it is my preference, but bear in mind that as with everything, it has it's pros and cons.

I was fortunate to meet an older gentlemen when I was 19 years of age. The relationship came to an end 8.5 years later. I regret nothing about it, and I'd totally do it again. It worked out great for me because it gave me a reason to focus, it provided a stable platform for me to grow (professionally & personally) and made feel safe. I never had to deal with drama, he took care of his problems on his own, he never gave me anything to be worried about, and always assisted me when I needed help. He showed me a world complete different to what I have lived at that point, in every aspect. He gave me everything in excess, almost always providing me with first experiences for things I didn't even know existed. Anything I wanted, he'd know where to get it, anything I needed, he'd surprise me with it. It truly was an eye-opener.

It's like everything, someone who has already gone through your stage in life (and survived it), knows what you're going through, what's gonna happen next, and can guide you through the process. They make everything seem small and momentary, while you think it's the end of the world. They adorn you with patience, are receptive to your mistakes and expect them, and as such are forgiving. They seem to be "outdated" in some newer things pertaining technology but it somehow works out because it often offsets a better way of doing things (when such technology is absent).

They likely have already gone through marriage and even children, so they have a way of prioritizing and compartmentalizing like no other, because they've already gone through the ringer. There are those to use these experiences to avoid making the same mistakes, and other who gain no insight and do that same sh*t all over again.

There's a lot more to it, but I'm trying to keep it short.

As for the cons, well, there are many possible cons but in my case, the good was way way way way more significant than the bad.

The age difference provides possible economic disparity (this is both good and bad, lol)
The age difference creates a situation where you're starting out in life, while he's planning his retirement
He may feel at some point, slight shame about taking you to certain places where he may feel judged
He may turn out to be manipulative and controlling at certain times because well.....you don't know any better
He may want to trap you into a relationship/marriage by uniting assets and getting you pregnant (hence creating a life-long tie) and no easy separation.
His declining sexual performance (prowess) will decrease over time and such can make him insecure and suspicious of any possible infidelity.
As he ages, there are things you'll notice aren't the same anymore, but please keep in mind that you will age as well and go through your own changes, so I'd thread very lightly around judging any of it.

If you are easily freaked out by wrinkles, salt & pepper hair, hair growing on ear lobes, saggy skin, among other realities of life, please do not approach an older man, we all grow older, not younger, and sh*t happens. If you're gonna get "icked" out, don't do it.

I find older men to be more wholesome, with more substance and real life experience, such that it eases your nerves about resiliency in a time of crisis. The same can be said of gentlemen who are in the military, their approach to life is way different, and often many things don't faze them.
 GirlNextDoor4u88
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2015 11:18:52 AM
Just go after what you want, who cares what anyone thinks? Unless you're looking for much older, in which case I would wonder if you were seeking a free ride, then follow your heart. Personally I prefer younger men, not interested in men more than 5 years older so I don't get your attraction, but to each their own =)
 Muttonforpunishment
Msg: 121
Posted: 3/5/2015 11:32:06 AM
Norweigan wrote

You'd find some more like that in the 27 year range than the 37 year range, sure. Right now you're 37 (this OP was done 10 years ago). Are you now wanting 47 year old guys?

She told me to tell you the answer is " no "

....no , she didn't , I don't know her .... I just felt bad thinking about you waiting for her to answer for months and months , years and years, letting your life pass you by in the meantime.

LOL
 Joegl209
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2015 1:14:50 AM
Do you have your shit together or are looking for live on someone who has their shit together because you have nothing?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?